PDA

View Full Version : Ben Knight: It's Time For Mitchell To Go

Blizzard
09-08-2008, 10:17 PM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080908.WBsoccerblog20080908220335/WBStory/WBsoccerblog/

jrey
09-08-2008, 10:22 PM
first!

and YES! YES!!! YESSSSSSS!!!

Ben Knight is my new hero. I would have written this immediately after Mitchell's hiring, however. But what can you do.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-08-2008, 10:24 PM
Mitchell is not the right man but neither is Hart, the CSA must look to South America for a manager who can add life to a dying program....Samoes was the answer except the CSA were too cheap to pay for him, it would have taken the CSA officers hidden cash fund away from their swiss bank accts and put into the program where it belongs..

RedRum
09-08-2008, 11:44 PM
Mitchell is not the right man but neither is Hart, the CSA must look to South America for a manager who can add life to a
diving program....

Fixed that spelling error for you :D

denime
09-09-2008, 06:05 AM
Knight: It's time for Mitchell to go

Time to panic. Check that: time to act.

The best, deepest, most talented men's national soccer team in Canada has but one point to show for home matches against Jamaica and Honduras in World Cup qualifying. Barring a compete revival and some astonishing road form, the dream is dying for another four interminable years.

READ MORE (http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20080908.WBsoccerblog20080908220335/WBStory/WBsoccerblog)

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-09-2008, 06:50 AM
CSA dont have the balls to sack em!!

Oldtimer
09-09-2008, 07:56 AM
CSA dont have the balls to sack em!!

Sack the CSA then!!!

fetajr
09-09-2008, 08:01 AM
Mitchell is not the right man but neither is Hart, the CSA must look to South America for a manager who can add life to a dying program....Samoes was the answer except the CSA were too cheap to pay for him, it would have taken the CSA officers hidden cash fund away from their swiss bank accts and put into the program where it belongs..

I agree 100%..south american coach and his staff are the way to go.

But a suitable temp fix for now is Steven Hart, the way the Canadians play under his guidance, we actually have a shot at getting points on the road and at home against Mexico

fetajr
09-09-2008, 08:04 AM
but overall, The Media doesn't seem to be doing their part in shedding light on the issues of the National team... a couple "Fire Mitchell" articles here and there are great, but we need more folks on the radio/tv talking about this if we want to see any immediate changes.

BuSaPuNk
09-09-2008, 08:15 AM
Sack the CSA then!!!

Totally agree! CSA needs to shape up or ship out!! Have some pride for your boys out there instead of instead of giving us a fucking shithead for a coach. :canada:

fetajr
09-09-2008, 08:18 AM
great article!... now how the fuck can this get some exposure?

arbogast
09-09-2008, 08:24 AM
those idiots are probably worried about the nickels and pennies they'd still owe Dale in compensation if they sacked him. Fookin' cowards. FIRE HIM NOW!

Chevy
09-09-2008, 08:30 AM

I agree. No disrespect to Hart but he's also on the bench so some of the blame should also fall on his shoulders.

AL-MO
09-09-2008, 01:10 PM

Personally I would look to Europe before South America but thats just me.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-09-2008, 01:12 PM
Fixed that spelling error for you :D

:D:D thanks

RPB_Brantford_08
09-09-2008, 01:15 PM
those idiots are probably worried about the nickels and pennies they'd still owe Dale in compensation if they sacked him. Fookin' cowards. FIRE HIM NOW!

Dale is a quality guy, just not a national team football manager, you will see him resign,
to be honest i don't think he wnated the job to begin with it was forced on him. Dale would be better as a manager in USL, MLS.

Oldtimer
09-09-2008, 01:17 PM
Dale is a quality guy, just not a national team football manager, you will see him resign,
to be honest i don't think he wnated the job to begin with it was forced on him. Dale would be better as a manager in USL, MLS.

Actually, to be honest, I think that he would be best running a college program.

flatpicker
09-09-2008, 01:35 PM
I have always felt we need a proven coach from a strong soccer nation that understands the what it takes to win.

Canada has never been a strong soccer nation... so why would be look internally for our leaders???
Makes no sense.

denime
09-09-2008, 01:49 PM
to be honest i don't think he wanted the job to begin with it was forced on him. Dale would be better as a manager in USL, MLS.

Actually, to be honest, I think that he would be best running a college program.

Honestly I think he would be perfectly good for High school program. ;)

Redcoe15
09-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Sack the CSA then!!!
No no, don't sack them...

:rant:
BLOW THEM UP INTO TINY LITTLE ITSY BITSY PIECES WITH LOTS AND LOTSA DYNAMITE!!!!! AND THEN LEAVE THEIR CARCASSES AND ASHES ON FULL PUBLIC DISPLAY AS A WARNING TO THOSE WHO WOULD DARE PUT THEIR OWN SELFISH INTERESTS AHEAD OF CANADIAN SOCCER!!!!!

greatwhitenorf
09-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Honestly I think he would be perfectly good for High school program. ;)

I think he'd take more from watching better house league coaches - U 10, U-11. Don't think he's ready to grasp rep level concepts.

Axeman
09-09-2008, 08:49 PM

I 110% agree Mitchell, but 110% disagree about Hart.
His perfomance in the Gold Cup showed me something, He was the first one off the bench screaming at the ref(the infamous offside Debaucle, Fuck You CONCACAF REFS!) but then turned around and held the guys back from going after the ref, his tactics were sound and if not for the HORRIBLE call we might of won our first International trophy since the Holger era. Hart should've been hired not fucking Mitchell. Stupid CSA.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-09-2008, 08:54 PM
I 110% agree Mitchell, but 110% disagree about Hart.
His perfomance in the Gold Cup showed me something, He was the first one off the bench screaming at the ref(the infamous offside Debaucle, Fuck You CONCACAF REFS!) but then turned around and held the guys back from going after the ref, his tactics were sound and if not for the HORRIBLE call we might of won our first International trophy since the Holger era. Hart should've been hired not fucking Mitchell. Stupid CSA.

it will be interesting how the CSA handle this farce, will they blame themselves...hardly....the manager...likely....players..somewhat...
when in reality its all three thats to blame. Lets get rid of the dead wood,
csa, Mitchell, the current playing roster and restart with the U-20 program and rebuild the program, we have 4 long years before this process starts again, and lets do it with a younger, talented team,
then a team of under acheivers.

Roogsy
09-09-2008, 08:57 PM
Ben Knight...standing up for soccer in Canada.

Thank you Ben.