PDA

View Full Version : Gerry Dobson - Reality bites

denime
09-08-2008, 06:02 AM
Reality bites

We all had a bad feeling heading into the Canada-Honduras match in Montreal.

It began with rumblings that unlike the Jamaica match in Toronto, this would be a pro-Honduran crowd. It continued when we checked out the pitch earlier in the week to find it ruined.

For reasons nobody can explain it went from the best pitch in Canada to perhaps the worst. It would seem that a combination of heavy rain and heavy traffic was too much for the young roots on this new grass to grab hold, so there was the unbelievable scene a few hours before game time of stadium crew frantically laying down various sized pieces of sod to fill in the bad spots.

Read more (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/blogs/2008/09/07/dobson_badnews/)

Ageroo
09-08-2008, 06:11 AM
This article was bang on........Toronto needs to host all games....it is the National stadium and maybe I am biased....but what I witnessed when I was in Montreal seemed like the last straw......

If it means that the CSA, MLSE, Gov't and whoever needs to get on the city to put in grass to solidify what Dobson is saying...GET ON IT!

Saturday was disgusting and should never happen again!

redcard
09-08-2008, 07:21 AM
funny thing, while i was walking around montreal with my CMNT jersey, there were montrealers asking if there were tickets available...

the CSA fucked up on marketing for this game, i am sure if they did it properly, we could have had more support, but they decided to sell all the tickets to the fucking hundurans...

all future matches should be played at the National Soccer Stadium - Toronto, but sadly we're done for 2010.

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-08-2008, 07:27 AM
funny thing, while i was walking around montreal with my CMNT jersey, there were montrealers asking if there were tickets available...

the CSA fucked up on marketing for this game, i am sure if they did it properly, we could have had more support, but they decided to sell all the tickets to the fucking hundurans...

all future matches should be played at the National Soccer Stadium - Toronto, but sadly we're done for 2010.
Someone saw me with my scarf and shirt and asked me, surprised, if Canada was playing today. They asked me if there were still tickets, and unfortunately I had to tell them no, because the CSA fed us the line that it was sold out. Probably trying to sell some last minute tickets to Hondurans, because the anounced attendance was 12,000, which leaves space for about 2000 more Canadians.

Shakes McQueen
09-08-2008, 07:35 AM
Do the CSA have an email they can be reached at, to complain?

They should be ashamed of pretty much everything about that match. The crowd, the crowd control, the pitch, the atmosphere... everything.

- Scott

S_D
09-08-2008, 07:36 AM
There was the shameful scene at the final whistle of several hundred Canadian supporters in one end zone, swarmed by a much larger and volatile throng of Honduran fans.

didn't hear about that part. were there any injuries/arrests?

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-08-2008, 07:40 AM
I'm sure someone at the Voyageurs is already planning an official letter of complaint, but the emails and phone numbers of many of the CSA higher-ups are posted here:

http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/directory/index.asp?sub2=11

I'll be sending emails to each and every one of those people, and I might send a letter berating all of them by snail mail for the hell of it. I encourage all of you to do the same. There's strength in numbers.

denime
09-08-2008, 07:58 AM
Is it possible to sand a bomb with email,you know like letter bomb?I would like to send one huge email to CSA headquarter as a big thank you and F*ck you very much.

Maple Leaf Red
09-08-2008, 08:02 AM

Not to mention that there were no valiant Impact fans that stepped up like Boris and some others did here to ensure that the available tickets were in Canadian hands.

BuSaPuNk
09-08-2008, 08:15 AM
Yeah completely agree games have to be played in Toronto. It's our National stadium they should play there. However I also think they should play in other citys but they should be friendlys.

SilverSamurai
09-08-2008, 06:17 PM
Not to mention that there were no valiant Impact fans that stepped up like Boris and some others did here to ensure that the available tickets were in Canadian hands.

Pathetic what ended up happening, but as you can tell from watching an Impact game, their supporters group is tiny compared to any of the TFC groups.
All future games should be @ BMO.
If anything give the friendlies or minnow games to Montreal. Jury is still out on Edmonton, but looks like they should also get the friendlies as well.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-08-2008, 06:41 PM
THE GAME IN EDMONTON....SHOULD BE SWITCHED TO BMO ASAP...

IF WE HAVE ANY CHANCE OF GETTING BACK INTO THIS!!!!

THE PLAYERS GOT DOWN 2-1....in montreal and that was it!!! ....NO FORTRESS to PUSH THEM FORWARD!!!...... INSTEAD THEY HEARD A PRO HONDURAS CROWD BOO THEM EVERTIME THJEY WENT FORWARD!!! IN OUR OWN COUNTRY!!

A BMO ATMOSPHERE IS WHAT WE NEED TO GET US BY MEXICO....

now how do we get this done! :)

DALE MITCHELL HAS TO GET HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS ASS AND WAKE UP!!! HE SAID HE WAS HAPPY THAT TOR WOULD NOT GET ANYMORE GAMES THIS ROUND....He MIGHT BE EATING THOSE WORDS TODAY!

RPB_Brantford_08
09-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Do the CSA have an email they can be reached at, to complain?

They should be ashamed of pretty much everything about that match. The crowd, the crowd control, the pitch, the atmosphere... everything.

- Scott

dont bother they don;t like critisism from the home support they do not reply...they should have never listened to the players demands that the game be played in Montreal, yes it was the players that wanted there, not the CSA, they just gave in.

JDG
09-08-2008, 07:17 PM
THE GAME IN EDMONTON....SHOULD BE SWITCHED TO BMO ASAP...

IF WE HAVE ANY CHANCE OF GETTING BACK INTO THIS!!!!

THE PLAYERS GOT DOWN 2-1....in montreal and that was it!!! ....NO FORTRESS to PUSH THEM FORWARD!!!...... INSTEAD THEY HEARD A PRO HONDURAS CROWD BOO THEM EVERTIME THJEY WENT FORWARD!!! IN OUR OWN COUNTRY!!

A BMO ATMOSPHERE IS WHAT WE NEED TO GET US BY MEXICO....

now how do we get this done! :)

DALE MITCHELL HAS TO GET HIS HEAD OUT OF HIS ASS AND WAKE UP!!! HE SAID HE WAS HAPPY THAT TOR WOULD NOT GET ANYMORE GAMES THIS ROUND....He MIGHT BE EATING THOSE WORDS TODAY!

dont bother they don;t like critisism from the home support they do not reply...they should have never listened to the players demands that the game be played in Montreal, yes it was the players that wanted there, not the CSA, they just gave in.

So I want to know what the players have to say about this?
Are they goung to tell us they were wrong when they bitch slapped us with their comments about Saputo being the best venue?
Are they going to demand that the CSA smarten up, and put then where they belong - in Canada's National Soccer Stadium?

After calling us out, I beleive they owe it to us.

Roogsy
09-08-2008, 07:25 PM
Word JDG...word...