PDA

View Full Version : Future of John Carver

poppamidnight
09-06-2008, 06:38 PM
Well on the drive back home, turned on fan590, heard a 20-20 sports update talk about the loss,
then came the carver sound bite....

...did anyone hear it???

Yes our coach is officially a classless piece of s***.....

If u did, essentially what he said was this:
-MLS sucks for letting this conflict occur, which caused ME to place THREE players in the starting 11, ONE OF WHOM COST THIS TEAM TWO GOALS

In case you dont know who he was referencing it was Diaz Kambere, the player that the Whitecaps (as a courtesy) loaned us for this emergency match...

Way to go John, that was just great.... Really showed ur class there,

You essentiall called the guy who as a courtesy came to help you shit,
...not behind closed doors BUT TO THE MEDIA!!!!

Not only that but u in all likelihood burned the Vancovuer Whitecaps friendly-help bridge we had....

Oh, and we must not point the finger at yourself John, no no no we shall not be doing that,
we all had the scouting report on diaz (all speed no control) but u elected to place him in the starting 11 and sit gabe Gala (who might i add along with Melo, you still have the inability to control and continue to goof around/not focus on the sideline),

Oh, and no John, dont mention to the media that it just so happens that one of those three "emergency help players" (Titus) was one of our best players and showed in 90 mins he's better than most of our defenders (certainly better than Velez has looked the past 6 weeks)

So you know what, a big middle finger goes up today to our classless coach John Carver, who today pushed me over the edge and i will no longer support him as our coach,
I dont think I want to be affiliated with such a lowely man

NOTE REGARDING TODAYS SUPPORTER BANNER:
I dont know who it was that made the carver support banners for todays match, but whoever u are, u honestly have to be feeling pretty stupid right about now (if u arent u will once u hear the sound-clip),
In fact, compartively, your probably feeling as stupid as all those americans who voted Bush the last two election ("aww crap, we put our names to support this garbage":noidea:)
Now while I respect your desire to support the team, and i wont give u the middle finger, i will silently shake my head at your inability to look at the whole picture:
Theres a difference between supporting your club at all costs, and supporting a man unworthy of your support (plently of those throughout history)

....Somebody call me when we no longer are affiliated with this "carver" guy

GabrielHurl
09-06-2008, 06:40 PM
I love this place after a game

rocker
09-06-2008, 06:43 PM
-MLS sucks for letting this conflict occur, which caused ME to place THREE players in the starting 11, ONE OF WHOM COST THIS TEAM TWO GOALS

so you don't like a coach telling the truth eh?

Kambere was very weak.

stop making a controversy when this is the truth. I'd rather have Carver say the truth than lie.
The league forced this, and look what happened.

S_D
09-06-2008, 06:43 PM
there is an ongoing discussion about this in the game thread.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Carver's had enough..of this mickymouse league....I cant see him being back here next season!!!!

MLS has alot of growing up to do!.....the football world was shut down today!!! But the MLS kept on TICKING!!

as for carvers comments...sure they might be a little harsh...but FFS.....this guys has been giovin fuck all to work with all season...then to top it off..he's forced to put a team together in one week without 9 of its regs...i dont blame hime one bit for going off his stick!

BC101
x2 LOL

LucaGol

Kambere was very weak.

stop making a controversy when this is the truth. I'd rather have Carver say the truth than lie.

He's a f*cking one day loan player you moron......of course he's going to be weak....it doesn't mean you have to call him out....and pretty brutally i might add...on national television.

S_D
09-06-2008, 06:46 PM
and to add to that Luca...Kambere has seen very little action this season. I think I heard he had only 8 appearances for the 'caps this season?

deschamp86
09-06-2008, 06:48 PM

Kambere was very weak.

Kambere is not even a starter for the Whitecaps. What exactly was expected out of him?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-06-2008, 06:48 PM
time to hit the pub....and cheer on the canucks! :)

king dave
09-06-2008, 06:49 PM
no Moe
fucking
douchbag!
kd.

Shakes McQueen
09-06-2008, 06:49 PM

My sentiments exactly, haha. :D

I heard the Carver comments, and thought that comment was a little curious. However, he made that comment amongst heaping praise for the squad, for playing their hardest despite not being starters.

My guess is that he probably didn't mean it to sound as biting as it did, considering the context of everything else he said. Just that he had a relatively inexperienced USL player in the lineup, which ended up costing the club a couple of goals.

Some of you folks really need to take a deep breath, and stop looking for someone to burn in effigy after every tough result, haha.

- Scott

LucaGol
09-06-2008, 06:50 PM
and to add to that Luca...Kambere has seen very little action this season. I think I heard he had only 8 appearances for the 'caps this season?

Oh...but lets not forget...Carver knew "nothing" about him.

I wonder if Carver even knows anything about his own team?

I wonder if he knows anything period?

LucaGol
09-06-2008, 06:51 PM
And Im pretty sure the first goal was Marco Velez's fault....the second goal ok, maybe was his fault....the third was no one's fault but the circumstances of the game.

So even his comment is inaccurate.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-06-2008, 06:51 PM
Oh by the way...those planning on hitting the away game in DALLAS!!

9 players will be on INternational Duties for that one too! ;)

LucaGol
09-06-2008, 06:53 PM

No sarcasm intended here....but good....I think that's another game I will be looking forward to.

Hopefully we see a little more of Gaudet in there....and Gala too.

S_D
09-06-2008, 06:53 PM

I think the announcers knew more about him than he did :D

Shakes McQueen
09-06-2008, 06:54 PM

Why would Carver know something about a backup defender for a USL team?

When you're in a situation where you're forced to sign your chief scout to play, you take what you can get.

Again, I thought the comment was a bit... off. But it also didn't fit in with the general positivity of everything else he had to say about the squad. I still say it came off a bit worse than he meant it to.

Cunningham consistently disappointed for months, and Carver only ever made one comment to the media about his mediocrity.

- Scott

LucaGol
09-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Why would Carver know something about a backup defender for a USL team?

When you're in a situation where you're forced to sign your chief scout to play, you take what you can get.

Again, I thought the comment was a bit... off. But it also didn't fit in with the general positivity of everything else he had to say about the squad. I still say it came off a bit worse than he meant it to.

Cunningham consistently disappointed for months, and Carver only ever made one comment to the media about his mediocrity.

- Scott

I was using sarcasm there.....

nfitz
He called a spade a spade. I see nothing wrong with that. More important was his trashing MLS. There's no reason MLS can't do what the minor European leagues do, and postpone a game if there is 3 or more Internationals missing. (or heck, 6 or more ... :)

That this game was allowed to be played when both Chivas and Toronto wanted it postponed is disgraceful.

And worse is that it's all going to happen again in Dallas on October 11th. There's no reason that game can't be played 3 or 4 days earlier.

BigLou
I can guarantee you that the individuals that put all the hard work into that banner are not feeling stupid nor should they. You should try showing up to paint sometime instead of saying things like that.

LucaGol
09-06-2008, 07:00 PM
He called a spade a spade. I see nothing wrong with that. More important was his trashing MLS. There's no reason MLS can't do what the minor European leagues do, and postpone a game if there is 3 or more Internationals missing. (or heck, 6 or more ... :)

That this game was allowed to be played when both Chivas and Toronto wanted it postponed is disgraceful.

And worse is that it's all going to happen again in Dallas on October 11th. There's no reason that game can't be played 3 or 4 days earlier.

If he's so big on honesty...when is he going to accept blame for some of his poor decision making as a coach and instructor of the on-field play of a team that has terrible performances piling up like no ones business.

GabrielHurl
09-06-2008, 07:00 PM
I can guarantee you that the individuals that put all the hard work into that banner are not feeling stupid nor should they. You should try showing up to paint sometime instead of saying things like that.

x2 - a lot of big talk happens on the internet

GabrielHurl
09-06-2008, 07:01 PM
If he's so big on honesty...when is he going to accept blame for some of his poor decision making as a coach and instructor of the on-field play of a team that has terrible performances piling up like no ones business.

Did Carver miss that chance Barrett had in the first half?

Did Carver miss that one-on-one that Rosenlund had towards the end of the game?

Nestease
09-06-2008, 07:02 PM

See you later. Don't come back

Roogsy
09-06-2008, 07:06 PM
No coach should be put in the position Carver was put in. If he is frustrated, I don't blame him. I would love to see any one of you guys in that position. I am not upset at him...in fact, I pity him. You think no players want to come here? Just wait till Carver leaves...what friggin' coach is gonna wanna come here either?

Shakes McQueen
09-06-2008, 07:08 PM

Well said, Lou.

- Scott

jabbronies
09-06-2008, 07:38 PM
I'm glad Carver isn't trying to pretty things up. When something is a shitshow and you don't say anything about, it remains a shit show.

Also, IMO his comments show that he knows where the problems are. At least when he does call someone out, it's an acurate call-out.

Did he also call out that douche Velez??

Chevy
09-06-2008, 07:54 PM
How about this banner for next home game...

IF YOU CAN READ THIS, YOU'RE NOT MARCO VELEZ.

Mark in Ottawa
09-06-2008, 08:03 PM
Carver best comment went something like:
(turn paraphrase on)
MLS made us play on this FIFA weekend and you saw the result on the field today...
If the league wants us to keep turning out this kind of product these fans will start staying away... and I wouldn't blame them.
(turn paraphrase off)

JC is just telling it like it is. And he is right-on!

One player cost two goals... ok maybe a bit harsh but he didn't identify anyone by name in the post game on CBC.

Shakes McQueen
09-06-2008, 08:05 PM
Carver best comment went something like:
(turn paraphrase on)
MLS made us play on this FIFA weekend and you saw the result on the field today...
If the league wants us to keep turning out this kind of product these fans will start staying away... and I wouldn't blame them.
(turn paraphrase off)

JC is just telling it like it is. And he is right-on!

One player cost two goals... ok maybe a bit harsh but he didn't identify anyone by name in the post game on CBC.

That is true, I hadn't thought of that. He never really called anyone out by name.

- Scott

Nuvinho
09-06-2008, 08:09 PM
My question.....I was reading JC's comments on toronto fc website.......he said the entire week they practiced, then on friday 3 new players came in. He must of been forced to play them. I was hoping to see maybe Regan-Harmse-Velez-Gala, but to start 3 loan players, yet alone with bombscare, yes that is Velez's new name (sorry Tebily) is crazy.

jloome
09-06-2008, 08:20 PM

The clear implication from the way he said it was that he was forced to play him against his will. I think there's a clear issue between Mo and Carver playing out here.

LucaGol
09-06-2008, 09:16 PM
The clear implication from the way he said it was that he was forced to play him against his will. I think there's a clear issue between Mo and Carver playing out here.

Potentially.

Losing always reveals the cracks in the foundation....except by this point...the cracks are the ones that are collapsing the structure.

NateDoGG
09-06-2008, 09:17 PM
john carver is a scumbag
i cant stand him and i hope he gets fired at the end of the season

he will NEVER lead us into the playoffs, ever.

becuz of the refs right JC?!

standFree
09-06-2008, 09:19 PM
I think you will find that he was calling out the league when making those comments. He was forced to play those guys because his hand was forced due to the ridiculous circumstances we found ourselves in today.

What makes me laugh is everyone coming on here to bitch about everything other than the real reason they should be pissed off. The league today took a huge step backwards today with regards to credibility. It wants to be seen as one of the top leagues in the world but allows a situation where a team has had to ask a guy in the front office to lace up his boots. Its made an absolute mockery of the leagues professionalism. No wonder people from other countries don't take the league seriously.

So what was fans idea of making a protest about the decision.....A BANNER. Bloody hell when will fans the world over realise that the only way to make your voice heard is to not turn up. Who cares if you miss one game. Its the only way a business will take note of fans is if there are none. I'm sure they're sitting at MLS headquarters right now having an emergency meeting because some tfc fans had a protest banner at the game. Football supporters are a very strange bunch indeed.

SteeltownBhoy
09-06-2008, 09:23 PM

Why would Brennon or Sutton even bother now that Canada has been virtually
eliminated?

Roogsy
09-06-2008, 09:26 PM

Post of the night.

Maple Leaf Red
09-06-2008, 09:27 PM
john carver is a scumbag

Umm...did you see the ref today? Could you tell me that it would have been the same result if the ref had rightly given us a penalty about 20 seconds before Chivas scored? Or if he had given another when Smith was hacked to the ground?

The refereeing in this league is shocking and every time I think I have seen the worse I am proven wrong.

The schedule is a joke and I think that the amount of empty seats was a good indication of what will happen when people know that they are getting an even more substandard product.

The good thing about this thread is that hopefully this will corral all of the JC/Mo haters to keep them from spreading into other threads.

giambac
09-06-2008, 09:27 PM
Potentially.

Losing always reveals the cracks in the foundation....except by this point...the cracks are the ones that are collapsing the structure.

I like that.

I hope people can read between the lines.....

Shakes McQueen
09-06-2008, 09:29 PM
I think you will find that he was calling out the league when making those comments. He was forced to play those guys because his hand was forced due to the ridiculous circumstances we found ourselves in today.

What makes me laugh is everyone coming on here to bitch about everything other than the real reason they should be pissed off. The league today took a huge step backwards today with regards to credibility. It wants to be seen as one of the top leagues in the world but allows a situation where a team has had to ask a guy in the front office to lace up his boots. Its made an absolute mockery of the leagues professionalism. No wonder people from other countries don't take the league seriously.

So what was fans idea of making a protest about the decision.....A BANNER. Bloody hell when will fans the world over realise that the only way to make your voice heard is to not turn up. Who cares if you miss one game. Its the only way a business will take note of fans is if there are none. I'm sure they're sitting at MLS headquarters right now having an emergency meeting because some tfc fans had a protest banner at the game. Football supporters are a very strange bunch indeed.

So, so wrong.

The actions of the management and fans the past week, got both the Deputy Commissioner and Commissioner to promise the issue will be number one on their agenda in the offeseason, and that changes to the schedule will be in place for next season.

As a result, we got to support the boys out on the pitch this afternoon, and we got the league to acknowledge the problem, and promise to do something about it.

It was the best we could have hoped for. There are more options than simply not showing up to games, every time the league/club/MLSE does something we don't like.

- Scott

giambac
09-06-2008, 09:31 PM
Umm...did you see the ref today? Could you tell me that it would have been the same result if the ref had rightly given us a penalty about 20 seconds before Chivas scored? Or if he had given another when Smith was hacked to the ground?

The refereeing in this league is shocking and every time I think I have seen the worse I am proven wrong.

The schedule is a joke and I think that the amount of empty seats was a good indication of what will happen when people know that they are getting an even more substandard product.

The good thing about this thread is that hopefully this will corral all of the JC/Mo haters to keep them from spreading into other threads.

I thought the ref was good today. actually he was more in our favour.

giambac
09-06-2008, 09:32 PM
Well on the drive back home, turned on fan590, heard a 20-20 sports update talk about the loss,

...did anyone hear it???

In case you dont know who he was referencing it was Diaz Kambere, the player that the Whitecaps (as a courtesy) loaned us for this emergency match...

Not only that but u in all likelihood burned the Vancovuer Whitecaps friendly-help bridge we had....

Oh, and we must not point the finger at yourself John, no no no we shall not be doing that,
we all had the scouting report on diaz (all speed no control) but u elected to place him in the starting 11 and sit gabe Gala (who might i add along with Melo, you still have the inability to control and continue to goof around/not focus on the sideline),

Oh, and no John, dont mention to the media that it just so happens that one of those three "emergency help players" (Titus) was one of our best players and showed in 90 mins he's better than most of our defenders (certainly better than Velez has looked the past 6 weeks)

So you know what, a big middle finger goes up today to our classless coach John Carver, who today pushed me over the edge and i will no longer support him as our coach,

I dont know who it was that made the carver support banners for todays match, but whoever u are, u honestly have to be feeling pretty stupid right about now (if u arent u will once u hear the sound-clip),
In fact, compartively, your probably feeling as stupid as all those americans who voted Bush the last two election ("aww crap, we put our names to support this garbage":noidea:)
Now while I respect your desire to support the team, and i wont give u the middle finger, i will silently shake my head at your inability to look at the whole picture:
Theres a difference between supporting your club at all costs, and supporting a man unworthy of your support (plently of those throughout history)

It took you this long to realize he is classless??

Roogsy
09-06-2008, 09:37 PM
I thought the ref was good today. actually he was more in our favour.

OMG...now I know for sure you're just here to rile us up. I almost ran on to the field today and smacked that asshole upside the head.

e_mcarthur89
09-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Not sure where all the Regan-love is coming from, he was surely to blame for the first goal. Don't know how any of you guys could consider him a good player out there today. Dove in wayyyy too much and looked awkward and lost. He was at least as bad as Kambere. Titus on the other hand, I wouldn't mind taking Marshall or Velez's place. Sad when a 39 year old Lynx player outperforms our starters.

giambac
09-06-2008, 09:42 PM
OMG...now I know for sure you're just here to rile us up. I almost ran on to the field today and smacked that asshole upside the head.

The ref ha dno influence in today's game. It was a balanced game from the ref's perspective. Why does the ref always have to come into play. a game doesn't go by without the ref being mentioned.

How did the ref influence the game today???

standFree
09-06-2008, 09:42 PM
So, so wrong.

The actions of the management and fans the past week, got both the Deputy Commissioner and Commissioner to promise the issue will be number one on their agenda in the offeseason, and that changes to the schedule will be in place for next season.

As a result, we got to support the boys out on the pitch this afternoon, and we got the league to acknowledge the problem, and promise to do something about it.

It was the best we could have hoped for. There are more options than simply not showing up to games, every time the league/club/MLSE does something we don't like.

- Scott
I'll believe it when I see it. Why didn't they try and rearrage the game if they are to change the rules next year

e_mcarthur89
09-06-2008, 09:44 PM
The ref ha dno influence in today's game. It was a balanced game from the ref's perspective. Why does the ref always have to come into play. a game doesn't go by without the ref being mentioned.

just like every game, there were plenty of shit calls that went both ways.

LucaGol
09-06-2008, 09:45 PM

I tend to agree.

The calls usually wash out in the end.

Roogsy
09-06-2008, 09:45 PM
Not sure where all the Regan-love is coming from, he was surely to blame for the first goal. Don't know how any of you guys could consider him a good player out there today. Dove in wayyyy too much and looked awkward and lost. He was at least as bad as Kambere. Titus on the other hand, I wouldn't mind taking Marshall or Velez's place. Sad when a 39 year old Lynx player outperforms our starters.

Took the words right out of my mouth.

To be fair...ALL our defenders overcommit when marking players.

It may just be me, and I am not saying I was the greatest soccer player ever, but I NEVER allowed myself to overrun balls and overplay opponents the way these defenders do...whether it be starters or these one-game signings. It is appalling. A teenager can deke them out and break their ankles. And that first goal was an example of just that type of defending.

Roogsy
09-06-2008, 09:46 PM
I tend to agree.

The calls usually wash out in the end.

Odd...I didn't see a PK opportunity taken away from Chivas.

Must have been when I was puking over the railings.

Shakes McQueen
09-06-2008, 09:48 PM
I'll believe it when I see it. Why didn't they try and rearrage the game if they are to change the rules next year

They said it wouldn't be fair to other teams missing players, and they also had TV contract obligations that prevented a rescheduling.

- Scott

LucaGol
09-06-2008, 09:49 PM
Odd...I didn't see a PK opportunity taken away from Chivas.

Must have been when I was puking over the railings.

Oh ya, i forgot about that.

giambac
09-06-2008, 09:50 PM

So it is a wash for both teams. I agree with that. The refs are bad for TFC but equally bad for Chivas.

e_mcarthur89
09-06-2008, 09:53 PM
TFC should have a penalty but I am also not too sure of Esky's red card. I missed it at the stadium and the highlights on TFC's website are fairly inconclusive. Today's refereeing can't be blamed for the loss anyhow. Piss poor defending cost us AGAIN

LucaGol
09-06-2008, 09:57 PM
The result to be fair was really harsh on us...especially given our predicament at the back.

Today was the first game in awhile where our team had a lot of jump, off the ball movement and generally created a lot of chances. It was somewhat refreshing.

Unfortunately, poor defending was our undoing yet again...but that shouldn't take away from the positives...aka...Johann Smith, Tyler Rosenlund, Rohan Ricketts.

P.s. Why the hell was Marco Velez made captain when Danny f*ckin Dichio is standing on the field?

e_mcarthur89
09-06-2008, 10:01 PM
The result to be fair was really harsh on us...especially given our predicament at the back.

Today was the first game in awhile where our team had a lot of jump, off the ball movement and generally created a lot of chances. It was somewhat refreshing.

Unfortunately, poor defending was our undoing yet again...but that shouldn't take away from the positives...aka...Johann Smith, Tyler Rosenlund, Rohan Ricketts.

P.s. Why the hell was Marco Velez made captain when Danny f*ckin Dichio is standing on the field?

Ya I thought Johann's runs were particularly pleasing. One of our best attacking game in weeks and it was with the kids

Roogsy
09-06-2008, 10:02 PM

I was wondering about that.

I might disagree with the decision, but perhaps it is a function of the game we were forced to play. Carver knew the backline was going to have problems because it was simply a temporary patchwork of players. Allowing Velez to have the armband gave him additional authority to organize the backline. Unfortunately, he was only able to do it for half a game.

And yes, the result was harsh. I think the kids played well enough to win. If only for our finish...oh gawd our finish.

marquis
09-06-2008, 10:13 PM
john carver is a scumbag

Exactly my thoughts. Carver and Mo Jo, get the fuck outta here now. We would've lost today even with our starters on the field...And I'm so tired of hearing about the parity in this league - where is the parity? We can't beat anybody, no matter who we play or who's on the field.

marquis
09-06-2008, 10:15 PM
I think the kids played well enough to win. If only for our finish...oh gawd our finish.

If only we could finish, if only we could defend = we suck.

Carver and MoJo leave now!!!!!!

RPB73

So let's call a spade a spade. When will Carver accept some responsibility. The team has been playing poorly for 3 months now. First he complained about lack of strikers. Fine we were not deep at that position, but you have to game plan around that. Now the defenders can't defend. it's one excuse after another. I have never heard a coach in any sport have more excuses than Carver. Defending is a team game, not just individual skill. It is a part of the game that I feel the coach has a tremendous influence on. Tactically and formation wise. He has failed miserably at this, I don't know much about his background, nor do I care. But enough with the excuses do your job as the coach, stop calling out your players and don't bitch and whine about the league. Every coach has a level playing field, so just get on with your job.

poppamidnight
Guy guys guys,

Lets be clear here... I in no way was saying Diaz was good...

And i have no problem in calling out players who F-up to the media (E.g. sutton last game, Robert many times),

I have a problem when u do so with a player who did u a favor...
He comes over to help you out and u call him shit...

U know what??? Diaz sucks, he knows it... but u dont need to come out and blame him for the game in which he's not a regular-player but rather AN EMERGENCY VOLUNTEER...

Like i said before, and some people are neglecting this:

You just burn down the Vancouver whitecaps (and possibly impact) "help-me-help-you" bridge....
Why in the hell would they want to subject there players to our organizational shit ever again???

TFC has another international conflict... there short men, can u help out???

".....Shove it" *click*

(this is when mo scrambles around the office cursing himself for hiring carver, and asking all TFC employees if they would mind suiting up)

Steve-Tor
09-06-2008, 10:21 PM

americans who voted Bush the last two election ("aww crap, we put our names to support this garbage":noidea:)

I was with you all the way until the Bush analogy.

No bearing whatsoever.

You spoiled a good and sensible rant

Steve-Tor
09-06-2008, 10:23 PM
So, so wrong.

- Scott

Well said mate:hump:

nfitz
09-06-2008, 10:25 PM
Every coach has a level playing field...not all - did you see the Montreal pitch? Looks like it had been attacked by groundhogs - not at all level.

e_mcarthur89
09-06-2008, 10:27 PM
Exactly my thoughts. Carver and Mo Jo, get the fuck outta here now. We would've lost today even with our starters on the field...And I'm so tired of hearing about the parity in this league - where is the parity? We can't beat anybody, no matter who we play or who's on the field.

and you know this how?

Axeman
09-06-2008, 10:31 PM
I like that we have a coach that hates losing, and doesn't coddle player's ego's.
A working class coach that has good experience, he might take it to far sometimes but I like it. A coach with fire rather than Mitchell or Yallop types. Like Mark in Ottawa said he didn't use names and if we were winning he'd probably give the credit to the players. Canada could use more Carver types.

Shakes McQueen
09-06-2008, 11:00 PM
I like that we have a coach that hates losing, and doesn't coddle player's ego's.
A working class coach that has good experience, he might take it to far sometimes but I like it. A coach with fire rather than Mitchell or Yallop types. Like Mark in Ottawa said he didn't use names and if we were winning he'd probably give the credit to the players. Canada could use more Carver types.

Agreed. Carver is incredibly rough around the edges, but I like his passion. I hope he and Mo both find a way to co-exist with the club for several years.

And for those calling him classless, I would ask you why it is that his players like him so much, then?

Although he steps over the line from time to time, so have lots of good coaches through the years. His players clearly like and respect him, and that is what matters.

When a team is playing as poorly as Toronto FC has been for the last couple of months, it is hard to really ascertain who or what the problem is. But you'd be hard pressed to say that Carver was at fault for the defensive brain farts we have had the past few weeks, just as an example.

You can have the best game plan in the world, but if the players on the pitch can't execute that plan, you're no further ahead.

Furthering the paradox the club is in, I have seen this exact same group of guys play some really good matches.

Time to look toward next year, and cheer the guys on to a respectable finish for this season.

- Scott

Roogsy
09-06-2008, 11:30 PM
I just saw the Carver post game interview and I have NO idea what the hell this thread is about. I have NO problems with what Carver said in his interview and anyone who does is a big sensitive girl. He told the truth...what do you want? Rhetoric? Cliches? Deflections?

Sab0tage
09-06-2008, 11:34 PM
I just saw the Carver post game interview and I have NO idea what the hell this thread is about. I have NO problems with what Carver said in his interview and anyone who does is a big sensitive girl. He told the truth...what do you want? Rhetoric? Cliches? Deflections? Truth.

andyc
09-07-2008, 12:00 AM
I just saw the Carver post game interview and I have NO idea what the hell this thread is about. I have NO problems with what Carver said in his interview and anyone who does is a big sensitive girl. He told the truth...what do you want? Rhetoric? Cliches? Deflections?

Completely agree... What do you think Shankley or Clough or even Ferguson would have said before and after todays game??

FFS Carver was being very gentle in his reaction... Stop being so fucking sensitive.

Corpand
09-07-2008, 12:00 AM
He told it like it is. I still think he is abit shell-shocked after seeing the poor quality refereeing in this league compared to the Premiership. Referees or not, watch the game's hignlights and youll see how hard our boys worked all first half. The motivation came from Carver and the fans, so thats why we and Carver are both dissapointed.

nfitz
09-07-2008, 12:01 AM
I just saw the Carver post game interview and I have NO idea what the hell this thread is about. I have NO problems with what Carver said in his interview and anyone who does is a big sensitive girl. He told the truth...what do you want? Rhetoric? Cliches? Deflections?I think the thread started based on his comments on CBC immediately after the game; not the sit down.

James Oliphant
09-07-2008, 01:10 AM
^
Well, you think wrong...read the first sentence of the original post.

Roogsy: Yes, people want cliches/deflections/rhetoric. If they didn't, no one would ever watch SportsCentre or Connected. They wanna hear "110%", "stick to our gameplan" and everyone's favourite "we just didn't get the bounces". Anything beyond these little nuggets has a tendency to blow minds faster than Jenna Jameson blows...other things.

Axeman
09-07-2008, 01:18 AM
I didn't want to start a thread like this but I feel I have to.
After hearing John Carver's comments after the game I don't see the coach I thought I saw.
I thought he was an experienced coach who wanted to do well in MLS...
but I saw a man that was so frustrated and upset that I thought he would look for a way out
but he didn't, he lauded us the RPB, for sticking by him, and for the new players that were called in, and mentioned the obsticles that MLS put in front of him and rather than use this as an excuse he said he will give the loyal supporters what they deserve no matter how long it takes and will not give up on the team.
This is a man we need here. This man wore his heart on his sleeve and CARES, and I say that we support him like he's supported us.
Let's throw our support behind John Carver cause Canada needs more coaches like him.:canada:

Shakes McQueen
09-07-2008, 01:24 AM
I couldn't agree more. I hope he becomes the Sir Alex Ferguson of Toronto FC.

He occasionally steps out of bounds in some of the things he says, but I appreciate how frank his assessment's are.

I think, with what a revolving door our roster has been yet again this season, that it is too soon to assess his coaching skills. But as a personality, and as far as his impression to the players - he has been a godsend. The players all like and respect him, he's a colourful interview who isn't afraid to speak his mind, and he clearly loves the club, the city, and the supporters.

I hope his tenure here is long, and I hope when he retires from coaching the club, that he moves upstairs to a more senior position in the FO.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
09-07-2008, 01:26 AM
Also, does anyone know what exactly his contract is with the team? Is it up after this season? Is there an option to extend it further?

Has he given any indication that he wishes to stay here longer?

Saying he will give the supporters what they want "no matter how long it takes" certainly seems to imply he plans on being here next season.

- Scott

jloome
09-07-2008, 01:27 AM
He has a one-year deal but has said repeatedly he's staying; he suggested it could take three years to build a winning team, which suggests he'd sign a new deal. SO over to MLSE, I guess.

stretchthetruth
09-07-2008, 01:32 AM

you must be talking about what you saw on tv, right? your seats were empty as promised, werent they?

if you think the officiating was fair today, give your head a shake. a fucking hose job as usual at bmo... true if ur good enough the ref doesnt matter, however today was brutal. it became clear after the half with the call against edwards what they were all about... but you didnt see it live... you stayed home in protest...

stretchthetruth
09-07-2008, 01:34 AM
carver is a solid coach, working with what he has... i hope he stays

Shakes McQueen
09-07-2008, 01:35 AM
He has a one-year deal but has said repeatedly he's staying; he suggested it could take three years to build a winning team, which suggests he'd sign a new deal. SO over to MLSE, I guess.

But I keep hearing from people here that there might be a rift between Carver and Trader Mo. Could this potentially force one of them out? And if so, wouldn't it be more likely to be Carver, as his contract expires anyway?

Or is the nattering about this "rift" just baseless speculation?

- Scott

Carts
09-07-2008, 05:54 AM
I just watched the video and have no problem with anything Carver said...

Its refreshing to see a coach be honest with the media, and not just throw around cliches and useless gibberish when talking to the media...

His comments on Velez are spot on. He said "...he let his team down..." which he did... Carver's not hiding it, making an excuse, he's calling it the way it is...

When he talks about the bench, again he's being honest. In regards to Dichio he says "...he had nothing left in his legs, but I look at the bench and I've got nothing, so he stays out..." Again, he's not bs'ing some crap about keeping him on the pitch for conditioning or to lead - he flat out said he was due to come off, but there was nobody to put in...

Carver didn't let the ref take the heat off himself and the team. He mentions the non-call on Barrett and that it would have changed the game. That's his opinion - it was looking like a 'blame the refs' was coming, but when the reporter presses to get an officiating rant out of him, he gives the "...I'm not giving them the air time..."

I think the reason some people hate Carver can be summed up by an old saying.... "The Truth Hurts"

Carts...

sweetlemon69
09-07-2008, 06:12 AM

Kambere was very weak.

I agree with this 100%.

Seems to me, poppamidnight (http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/member.php?u=307), that you want a peachy, heart filled explination after the game.

Carver doesn't beat around the bush, which is why we need him as a coach. I don't know what game you say, but that right back was just unbelievably horrible. Giving up the ball in the middle third, I counted, at least 7 times. 2 of which cost us the goals.

Carver was pinched between a rock and a hard place.

Like the banner read today in 112, In Carver we trust, and I trust carver 110%.

sweetlemon69
09-07-2008, 06:14 AM
Excellent post. 100% agree. Sir Alex of TFC, that's pretty cool :)

Mikey
09-07-2008, 06:51 AM

Not likely. We don't need "supporters" like you.

tfc007
09-07-2008, 07:33 AM
I like carver, he is very pasionate about his work .I just wish some of that passion would rub off on some of the players.I hope he sticks around for at least a few more seasons.

SoccMan
09-07-2008, 08:08 AM
Well ok let's not blame Carver or Mo then, but lets just look at a things like how bad we play on the road, the last Chivas away game as a prime example. We played with a full roster and played lousy. Moreover, yesterday's game playing a defender from Vancouver who rarely plays with that team over a TFC defender Gala. Someone tell me why Gala did not play, what's the pupose of having a player like Gala on the roster when you don't play him even when you are so short on defence like we were yesterday. How insulting it is when you bring in a defender from a lower league, who doesn't even start on that lower league team and play him over one of your own defenders. I can just imagine how Gala must have felt when he saw the lineup posted and his name was not on it. Therefore, who should I blame for our poor performances and poor decision making. I know let's blame the MLS let's put the blame on Garber it's all his fault.

celt-nick
09-07-2008, 08:12 AM

...did anyone hear it???

I helped make the banner and I stand by it 100% I hope we're lucky and that you have to wait a long long time for somebody to give you that call.

Shakes McQueen
09-07-2008, 08:12 AM
Well ok let's not blame Carver or Mo then, but lets just look at a things like how bad we play on the road, the last Chivas away game as a prime example. We played with a full roster and played lousy. Moreover, yesterday's game playing a defender from Vancouver who rarely plays with that team over a TFC defender Gala. Someone tell me why Gala did not play, what's the pupose of having a player like Gala on the roster when you don't play him even when you are so short on defence like we were yesterday. How insulting it is when you bring in a defender from a lower league, who doesn't even start on that lower league team and play him over one of your own defenders. I can just imagine how Gala must have felt when he saw the lineup posted and his name was not on it. Therefore, who should I blame for our poor performances and poor decision making. I know let's blame the MLS let's put the blame on Garber it's all his fault.

None of us has any idea why Gala didn't play, but I think jumping to conclusions that they purposely excluded him is a little premature. Especially considering Carver clearly was not happy with having to use a USL1 loaner, judging from the post-game interview.

- Scott

kdzb
09-07-2008, 08:33 AM
I believe it's the fact that he praised his bench players for giving their hardest in the pitch and blasting somebody who is there just to do a favor is a bit harsh in my opinion.
Next time TFC is in need of help, I don't think neither the Impact or the Whitcaps will have listening ears.
I'm a bit disapointed with Carver's Man management skills. He shouldn't come out singling players to the media. That's just show that you don't respect them and in return they will not respect you.

LucaGol
09-07-2008, 08:43 AM
The purpose of this thread were Carver's classless comments about a 1-day loan player, who came to our team as a favour.

I have no problem with Carver's being candid. But to basically annihilate Diaz Kambere on national television, and then later in the press conference was just brutal by Carver who seems to be desperately grasping at reasons why the team is failing other than himself.

First the field turf, then the strikers, then the defense, then Greg Sutton, then MLS, always the referees (we must not forget that), now Diaz Kambere....Im just waiting for the post game interview with Mitch Peacock or Brenda Irving where he calls out big MoJo upstairs.....now that would be entertaining.

poppamidnight
09-07-2008, 08:54 AM
The purpose of this thread were Carver's classless comments about a 1-day loan player, who came to our team as a favour.

I have no problem with Carver's being candid. But to basically annihilate Diaz Kambere on national television, and then later in the press conference was just brutal by Carver who seems to be desperately grasping at reasons why the team is failing other than himself.

First the field turf, then the strikers, then the defense, then Greg Sutton, then MLS, always the referees (we must not forget that), now Diaz Kambere....Im just waiting for the post game interview with Mitch Peacock or Brenda Irving where he calls out big MoJo upstairs.....now that would be entertaining.

Now that would be entertaining....
I agree with ur comments

Tell me TFC fans aren't as stupid as some posters let on... (well they dont read all the posts, so i better repeat what i said):

This one is not about CALLING out players,

But rather being disrespectful TO THOSE DOING YOU A FAVOUR (the whitecaps organization) IN OUR TIME OF NEED

Like i said before, if this situation EVER, EVER happens again, we will no longer be offered ACTUAL PLAYERS by other teams....

Basically we're gunna need to go pick up some University players, or TFC staff....

And while im on the topic of staff, heres an observation:
Kambere and Regan BOTH SUCK,

The thing is, Kambere has some upside: Youth, Speed, Ability in the Air,

....Regan has nothing.....

But according to carver regan looked good today....
...."In Carver we trusts" right guys????

romburgundy
09-07-2008, 09:23 AM

...did anyone hear it???

IM TYPING IN CAPS SO YOU DONT MISTAKE MY CALM RESPONCE FOR A FRIENDLY ONE IT WAS MY BLOOD SWEAT & SLEEPLESS NIGHTS THAT WENT INTO THAT BANNER & NO I DONT FEEL STUPID IM NOT SURE IF HEARD ... THIS IS A SUPPORTERS SITE IM SURE IF YOU START A HATERS SITE YOU COULD NOT ONLY BE THE PRESIDENT BUT ALSO THE MOST ACTIVE MEMBER.
SO MUCH UNWARRENTED ANGER THERE DID MOMMY NOT HUG YOU AS A CHILD

I DONT TAKE OFFENCE I JUST FEEL SORRY FOR YOU LOTS OF HUGS
ROM

LucaGol
09-07-2008, 09:40 AM
If this was England....he would have been sacked by now.

Boris
09-07-2008, 09:42 AM
If this was England....he would have been sacked by now.

brilliant comments......:rolleyes:

Roogsy
09-07-2008, 09:42 AM
And you want to follow the revolving door policy of English teams?

LucaGol
09-07-2008, 09:43 AM

It's a true statement is it not?

MUFC_Niagara
09-07-2008, 09:44 AM

Did you expect anymore from the guy? He's on par with giambac in the comment department!

LucaGol
09-07-2008, 09:45 AM
Did you expect anymore from the guy? He's on par with giambac in the comment department!

oooo...ouch.

Let's see if you and I can manage to have another thread closed by the 1 of 1000 mods on this board.

Nuvinho
09-07-2008, 09:46 AM
Carver will be here next year!!! done!!

If Carver was in France, he'd be a hero......just like the French National team coach...hahaha!!!

Boris
09-07-2008, 09:46 AM
well...if YOU GUYS can keep things on topic then they can stay open but that seems to be impossible around here with the amount of trolls

CoachGT
09-07-2008, 09:50 AM
Post game I had a few minutes to speak with Nigel Reed and Jason DeVos. Nigel was mighty impressed with the "In Carver We Trust" banner. Both believe, as do I, that Carver is exactly the type of coach this team needs. I watched him a little during the game, especially after some of the more bizarre calls on the pitch and his reaction wasn't over the top - the fourth official spent most of his time right alongside Carver.

For example, the calls in the northeast corner on Ricketts corner kicks that were being called offside (at least, that's what I thought the calls were). Short pass, stopped, then Ricketts drove the ball into the middle. Twice the play was called as soon as the kick was made. Carver spoke to the fourth official calmly, and at the next opportunity, the fourth official called the referee over and they had a short talk. My guess was that the discussion was about the corners. Immediately after that, Carver appeared to thank the fourth official. I wondered whether they'd stop making that offside call, if that's what it was, but Ricketts never did it again.

Roogsy
09-07-2008, 09:50 AM
oooo...ouch.

Let's see if you and I can manage to have another thread closed by the 1 of 1000 mods on this board.

There are only 3 mods on this morning but if it feels like 1000 to you it's probably because all you do is troll people's threads and turn them to shit. Keep it up champ and you will find yourself on the outside looking in. Consider yourself warned by one of those "1000" mods.

LucaGol
09-07-2008, 09:52 AM
There are only 3 mods on this morning but if it feels like 1000 to you it's probably because all you do is troll people's threads and turn them to shit. Keep it up champ and you will find yourself on the outside looking in. Consider yourself warned by one of those "1000" mods.

Go for it.....

Boris
09-07-2008, 09:52 AM
Go for it.....

what is your issue? really? im not trying to sound like na ass but you seem to bring nothing but negative comments and get people riled up.

Sab0tage
09-07-2008, 09:55 AM
Go for it..... Why are you even here? Sunday morning and the only thing you have to do is get on some forums and rile people up?

LucaGol
09-07-2008, 09:56 AM
what is your issue? really? im not trying to sound like na ass but you seem to bring nothing but negative comments and get people riled up.

That's a bit of the pot calling the kettle black, no?

I said if this were England, John Carver would be sacked......a very true statement.

Although Ruud Gullit was sacked last week, and this is North America....so maybe my statement should have been altered.

Here.....

If you are any football team in the world and you have been playing as poorly as you have been for 85% of the season and you have lost all control of your team......you would be sacked. OK?

LucaGol
09-07-2008, 09:57 AM
Why are you even here? Sunday morning and the only thing you have to do is get on some forums and rile people up?

Yes....to "rile" people up :eek:

Boris
09-07-2008, 10:00 AM
Yes....to "rile" people up :eek:

hey...dont throw what i said back at me....

David_Oliveira
09-07-2008, 10:04 AM
I really don't think that it's carver's fault. I place the blame of how shit this season has turned out on the revolving door of players.

Look at the beginning of the season. we were playing awesome soccer. to me it was due to the familiarity. Then, all hell breaks loose. and we see players coming in and out. I'm not saying that some of these have not panned out (ie: guevara and ricketts) but damn.

Last week we had the supposed best TFC ever... on Paper and nothing else!! no familiarity equals the shit we saw on the field. New players need more time to evolve on a team before they get thrust out there like Ruiz was. I guarantee that He will have a better game next time out because it will be that much more time he has had to learn the system.

What am I trying to say? Who should leave? I really like both. I just wish Mo did his trading before the season started. I think that would help the team build alot better.

bangersandmash
09-07-2008, 10:19 AM
Carver has 11 people out for one reason or another, he's got a striker coming back from a concussion, his scout playing left back and a rookie wearing the armband and what does he do? He sends his team out on the attack. From the 15th - 45th minute (I got there late) I watched an entertaining game of soccer. We were always up there sniffing around their 6 yard box, springing attacks down the middle and there was some great interplay between Barrett and Dichio. Carver could easily have fell back and played catanaccio to grab a 0-0 draw, but he didn't. He sent that patchwork quilt of a team out to win. It didn't happen. Barrett and Dichio were playing together for the first full game, the midfield was unfamiliar with their defense, the defense was unfamiliar with themselves, but Carver took the brave approach and pushed them forward and entertained the crowd. That is what I want from my coach.

Oblio2
09-07-2008, 10:49 AM
Fuck...I love Bangers and Mash....delicious!!!!!
Now I'm hungry!

colman1860
09-07-2008, 11:36 AM
Carver has 11 people out for one reason or another, he's got a striker coming back from a concussion, his scout playing left back and a rookie wearing the armband and what does he do? He sends his team out on the attack. From the 15th - 45th minute (I got there late) I watched an entertaining game of soccer. We were always up there sniffing around their 6 yard box, springing attacks down the middle and there was some great interplay between Barrett and Dichio. Carver could easily have fell back and played catanaccio to grab a 0-0 draw, but he didn't. He sent that patchwork quilt of a team out to win. It didn't happen. Barrett and Dichio were playing together for the first full game, the midfield was unfamiliar with their defense, the defense was unfamiliar with themselves, but Carver took the brave approach and pushed them forward and entertained the crowd. That is what I want from my coach.

And his strategy was damn close to being successful. Watch the highlights - the number of chances TFC (Barrett) had when we were up 1-0...it could easily have been 2. That may have settled it.

nascarguy
09-07-2008, 11:38 AM
I'm glad Carver isn't trying to pretty things up. When something is a shitshow and you don't say anything about, it remains a shit show.

Also, IMO his comments show that he knows where the problems are. At least when he does call someone out, it's an acurate call-out.

Did he also call out that douche Velez??

I hope Velez has to pay big time and your right caver is good for this team. I know for day one that we were going to be shit just like every team that the mlse has in the city but i did not care

Cashcleaner
09-07-2008, 11:46 AM
carver is a solid coach, working with what he has... i hope he stays

And that's just it. He had to pick up the pieces from Johnston's first year and still has Mo to answer to. Once Carver is in a position to really get his hands dirty with the roster, I'm sure we'll see a much better product on the field.

kshep
09-07-2008, 11:46 AM

QFT, I thought yesterday's lose was actually a step forward.. Younger players on the squad have clearly been progressing in their development, and will continue to push the starters for places in the first team, I'm betting that one or two of them might even push some starters out of their jobs.

Roogsy
09-07-2008, 11:51 AM
^
Well, you think wrong...read the first sentence of the original post.

Roogsy: Yes, people want cliches/deflections/rhetoric. If they didn't, no one would ever watch SportsCentre or Connected. They wanna hear "110%", "stick to our gameplan" and everyone's favourite "we just didn't get the bounces". Anything beyond these little nuggets has a tendency to blow minds faster than Jenna Jameson blows...other things.

5 years ago that would have been a yummy reference....but have you seen her lately? :eek:

TFC_Chris
09-07-2008, 11:52 AM
I really don't think that it's carver's fault. I place the blame of how shit this season has turned out on the revolving door of players.

Exactly. Can anyone figure out how many players TFC has put on the field or even had on the bench this year alone?

Including the guys we had yesterday, we've had 33 DIFFERENT PLAYERS!!!!

You can talk about how shit the team is all you want, but when you can't put the same team on the field for 3 consecutive games to try and create some chemistry with the players and what tactics you can run, it's very hard to get results.

Derko
09-07-2008, 11:58 AM
And Im pretty sure the first goal was Marco Velez's fault....the second goal ok, maybe was his fault....the third was no one's fault but the circumstances of the game.

So even his comment is inaccurate.

Actually I think the ball bounced off of Kambere to the Chivas player that Harmse should have been coming back to mark and just watched as the ball was passed to the middle and struck home for goal.

Derko
09-07-2008, 12:09 PM

...did anyone hear it???

The comments I heard following the costing 2 goal statement was carver couldn't blame the kid and praised them.
if you are a STH can I have your's, I will pay for the renewal in my name, I am looking for more tickets for some FOOTBALL Supporters.

And as you didn't do was hear the whole interview.

Bah another fucking stupid thread. I thought there was a WHINERS area were they can all post the same shiite together!!!

jloome
09-07-2008, 12:10 PM

Roogsy, you're abusing your power. A) He hasn't trolled in this thread, he just made a legitimate point about why it might be closed; b) he makes valid points all the time, but like lots of fans Luca seems more frustrated and prone to flying off the handle lately. So do I. So do lots of posters here. Maybe that's why none of of us are mods.

Having said that, your "perception" of ongoing behaviour doesn't equate to individual action worthy of a response, it just suggests a bias towards an individual poster.

One of the reasons I'm not a manager anymore is that I tend to open my mouth sometimes before getting the brain into top gear. Suggesting Luca has something to look out for here falls into the same category.

As for the question at hand, I want Carver to stay, but several of his comments seem directed more at Mo to me than MLSE, includingj his complaints about having late players forced on him and, earlier in the season, on the inability to find a striker. SO maybe there is an issue there; there are lots of instances where clubs have had two people at the top, but it almost never ends well.

jloome
09-07-2008, 12:12 PM
Exactly. Can anyone figure out how many players TFC has put on the field or even had on the bench this year alone?

Including the guys we had yesterday, we've had 33 DIFFERENT PLAYERS!!!!

You can talk about how shit the team is all you want, but when you can't put the same team on the field for 3 consecutive games to try and create some chemistry with the players and what tactics you can run, it's very hard to get results.

I'll tell you one thing, if fluidity of ball control is any indicator, he's certainly improved the dynamics of the on field product, even if the familiarity between players necessary to turn that into offensive penetration and shots is sometimes missing.

Roogsy
09-07-2008, 12:15 PM
Roogsy, you're abusing your power. A) He hasn't trolled in this thread, he just made a legitimate point about why it might be closed; b) he makes valid points all the time, but like lots of fans Luca seems more frustrated and prone to flying off the handle lately. So do I. So do lots of posters here. Maybe that's why none of of us are mods.

Having said that, your "perception" of ongoing behaviour doesn't equate to individual action worthy of a response, it just suggests a bias towards an individual poster.

One of the reasons I'm not a manager anymore is that I tend to open my mouth sometimes before getting the brain into top gear. Suggesting Luca has something to look out for here falls into the same category.

As for the question at hand, I want Carver to stay, but several of his comments seem directed more at Mo to me than MLSE, includingj his complaints about having late players forced on him and, earlier in the season, on the inability to find a striker. SO maybe there is an issue there; there are lots of instances where clubs have had two people at the top, but it almost never ends well.

Abuse of power is if I would have banned him the moment he provoked me with the "go ahead and try", which I didn't because I wanted to give him the opportunity to continue participating. I did my duty by warning him about his trolling, which he has been doing (this isn't about ONE thread Jloome) and the complaints several mods have been getting. I would think the responsible thing is to warn him and then give him a chance to moderate himself. So how exactly is that an abuse of power?

And if you have a problem with the way I am doing things, I suggest two things for you. 1) Send me a Private Message and explain your reasons instead of making them public or 2) complain to an administrator like Jabbronies or Jack. Putting up public like this only creates a shitshow. Thanks.

jloome
09-07-2008, 12:26 PM
Abuse of power is if I would have banned him the moment he provoked me with the "go ahead and try", which I didn't because I wanted to give him the opportunity to continue participating. I did my duty by warning him about his trolling, which he has been doing (this isn't about ONE thread Jloome) and the complaints several mods have been getting. I would think the responsible thing is to warn him and then give him a chance to moderate himself. So how exactly is that an abuse of power?

And if you have a problem with the way I am doing things, I suggest two things for you. 1) Send me a Private Message and explain your reasons instead of making them public or 2) complain to an administrator like Jabbronies or Jack. Putting up public like this only creates a shitshow. Thanks.

Don't you think that's a little overly serious? Creates a "shitshow"? This is a public forum about professional sports, not the office. Yes, you're right, it is usually more tactful to discuss things in private. But can we not take this so seriously that people worry about hurt feelings? Beyond which, why should a mod, who is simply there to enforce the terms of use, be allowed to make a public issue of it, but not a regular poster? You could have just as easily sent your warning to Luca in private, right?

Pot, kettle, black?

Having made that point, if you prefer your criticism private, I shall PM from now on if I have a complaint.

Roogsy
09-07-2008, 12:31 PM
Lucagol made moderating a public issue therefore the response was public. Had he made his concerns known privately, there would have been a private message. That is why my response to you was public as well, I would have rather it been private but you made the issue public and continue to do so. So stop being a part of the problem and continue posting publicly on topics related to the thread and keep private issues private. Thank you.

James Oliphant
09-07-2008, 12:37 PM
5 years ago that would have been a yummy reference....but have you seen her lately? :eek:

Alright, how about Maria Afrodite then?

Roogsy
09-07-2008, 12:41 PM
:rofl:

Better!

SteeltownBhoy
09-07-2008, 01:03 PM
oooo...ouch.

Boy truer words never spoken. Everyone is a mod here with different ideas of censorship.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.:mad:

flatpicker
09-07-2008, 01:04 PM
honestly... can we please remove the "classless" comment from the title of the thread!

opinions are not always shared by the majority and therefore should be contained within the thread so as not to unfairly represent the RPB as a whole!

Roogsy
09-07-2008, 01:05 PM
And what has been censored Steeltown? Any closed threads other than the tenth Carver thread that should have been merged into one of the other ones? Was anyone's posts deleted? Did someone get banned?

None of these things have happened. And yet you complain of censorship? Can you provide a single example of censorship? Please do!

Tell you what. Next time there is another complaint about the trolling on this board, I will have then send the complaints straight to you ok?

Daveisonfire
09-07-2008, 01:06 PM
honestly... can we please remove the "classless" comment from the title of the thread!

opinions are not always shared by the majority and therefore should be contained within the thread so as not to unfairly represent the RPB as a whole!

+1

Roogsy
09-07-2008, 01:06 PM
When Jack or Jabbronies gets online I will ask one of them to do it.

jloome
09-07-2008, 01:14 PM
Alright, alright, points made Roogsy. We'll behave

(looks for 'big smooch' emoticon unsuccessfully)

Razor
09-07-2008, 01:16 PM
"Carver is hurting Diaz's feelings....boo fuckity hoo!" All the Carver bashers can fuck off and don't come back....please....just leave the group and never return.

^^^someone made this comment in another thread and i couldn't agree more.

In Carver We Trust

SteeltownBhoy
09-07-2008, 01:21 PM
And what has been censored Steeltown? Any closed threads other than the tenth Carver thread that should have been merged into one of the other ones? Was anyone's posts deleted? Did someone get banned?

None of these things have happened. And yet you complain of censorship? Can you provide a single example of censorship? Please do!

Tell you what. Next time there is another complaint about the trolling on this board, I will have then send the complaints straight to you ok?

Ok Ok point taken. But could you tell me how many MODS there are, what you talk about in the MOD section.

Oh and what the super secret handshake is!!:eek:

Roogsy
09-07-2008, 01:29 PM
Ok Ok point taken. But could you tell me how many MODS there are, what you talk about in the MOD section.

Oh and what the super secret handshake is!!:eek:

Depends if you are talking as a whole or per section. For example, I don't have any mod abilities in the RPB section, or the News section or the Canada soccer section or the Off Topic section. I only mod the International and All Sports section and was asked to help here because there is almost never more then 2 or 3 mods online at anyone time unless it's the middle of the week in the middle of the day and everyone is at work.

For example, since last night, there have been barely 3 mods on at the same time, mostly JDG and myself. And we are trying to mod several sections at the same time WHILE still trying to participate as well (since we are TFC fans first and foremost) while trying to keep a lid on things after a depressing day in Canadian soccer. You know...the mods feel these losses just as much as anyone else and yet we have to try to keep things on track around here especially after there have been SO many complaints about the trolling and the troublemaking on these boards.

And then get smartasses calling us Nazis and Censors? Forgive us if we don't respond well.

So perhaps we can understand Jack wanting several mods available so that at any given time there is someone on the board to keep things in hand. Do you think that is unreasonable?

Keyman
09-07-2008, 01:33 PM
This was a quote from an interview I did with Todd Dunivant at the start of the season. This was before he had called out most of the players he has publicly, but it's still interesting. It's somewhat in line with how Carver has handled things over the summer.

“JC has been great for us...he's instilled a work ethic in the team that will pay dividends, game in, game out. He wants us to press and make the other team uncomfortable. Our passing has improved. We work on that every day. He's as fair a coach as I've ever had. He gives you plenty of credit when it's due, and he lays down the hammer when he needs to. He won't let you get away with laziness or taking even a single play off. That type of mentality will be huge for us, and it will translate into a lot of success.”

Roogsy
09-07-2008, 01:44 PM
This was a quote from an interview I did with Todd Dunivant at the start of the season. This was before he had called out most of the players he has publicly, but it's still interesting. It's somewhat in line with how Carver has handled things over the summer.

I just think people around here have never seen this kind of honesty. They ask for it but never really want to see it.

Ontario Arab
09-07-2008, 01:53 PM
TBH...Carver really isnt that good a manager thats why he's here instead of England.......Ill get pelters for this but its true...a bit like Mo also...not good enough for English leagues or even Scottish leagues in a management position. Sad but TRUE.

Roogsy
09-07-2008, 01:56 PM
It could be true...I just dont have the knowledge to say yes or no.

But if your determination if a coach is good enough is that he is here and not there...well then, if we let Carver go, what will change that will mean getting a better Coach if indeed he is better, wouldn't be over "there" already???

Oldtimer
09-07-2008, 02:02 PM
And that's just it. He had to pick up the pieces from Johnston's first year and still has Mo to answer to. Once Carver is in a position to really get his hands dirty with the roster, I'm sure we'll see a much better product on the field.

QFT!!!!!

Roogsy
09-07-2008, 02:05 PM
I never understood the whole "he isn't good enough" thing.

Didn't Carver work as an assistant at Newcastle, which is a major club in England?
Was Carver responsible in any way for Luton Town's financial problems? Why then do we dismiss him because he was working there?
Does he not have 25 years of playing and coaching experience?

Can someone tell me how this somehow doesn't make instantly better than half the coaches in MLS? What exactly makes him a poor manager as opposed to an unlucky schlub who got stuck with a poor team in a league with ridiculous rules? Does this have anything to do with his soccer knowledge?

Oldtimer
09-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Boy truer words never spoken. Everyone is a mod here with different ideas of censorship.

Absolute power corrupts absolutely.:mad:

On U-Sector's board giambiac and LucaGoal would have been banned already, I have no doubt of that. They don't tolerate trolling. Big Soccer is the troll's natural habitat. Let thjem into real football fan's environment and the invasive species takes over. That's why though I'm an RPB I actually prefer U-Sector's board -- more intelligent discussion, 99 87/100% troll-free. :)

Oldtimer
09-07-2008, 02:10 PM
TBH...Carver really isnt that good a manager thats why he's here instead of England.......Ill get pelters for this but its true...a bit like Mo also...not good enough for English leagues or even Scottish leagues in a management position. Sad but TRUE.

Sad but untrue. Carver had several job offers in England but chose TFC. Don't use giambiac as your source for "truth."

LucaGol
09-07-2008, 02:18 PM
On U-Sector's board giambiac and LucaGoal would have been banned already, I have no doubt of that. They don't tolerate trolling. Big Soccer is the troll's natural habitat. Let thjem into real football fan's environment and the invasive species takes over. That's why though I'm an RPB I actually prefer U-Sector's board -- more intelligent discussion, 99 87/100% troll-free. :)

Please explain to me in your infinite wisdom (that you most likely gained through the discourse that goes on in the hallowed members section of this quickly deteriorating forum) how I have trolled this thread?

I participated positively from the start and simply because I referred to the mods closing/altering/getting involved in a seemingly inordinate amount of threads.... Im an outcast who does nothing but "rile" up trouble.

werewolf
09-07-2008, 02:20 PM
:topic:

v00d00daddy
09-07-2008, 02:55 PM
Hey all. I haven't read this whole thread and I'm only posting here because the other thread is closed.

Here is my problem with the Carver comments post game.

He wasn't wrong. He wasn't even rude.

I just think it's strange that he picks a game with 9 regulars out, and that we had very little chance of winning, to start being publically critical of this team. TFC has been really bad for almost 3 months. Why now? Why has it taken this long for him to be "honest"?

Why does he call out Velez and some no name player who was helping the team out for one game? Why hasn't he called out Brennan, Guevara, Robbo and all the other regulars who have played like shit for 3 months?

That's my only beef.

rocktml
09-07-2008, 03:01 PM
There was nothing wrong with what OUR coach Carver said......he was speaking the truth, thats what I want out of my coach, the truth not bullshit lies.......and all in all he is just fustrated with what has happen all week long, and with all the stress he has probably had...

RPB_Brantford_08
09-07-2008, 03:21 PM

you dont have to be good for the scottish league...be a retard would get you a job there, no one wants to go to scottish football and canadian football is following the same direction.

Alixir
09-07-2008, 03:55 PM
I think Carver is a good man for the job....I think the biggest problem is MoJo.
He never seems to let the team settle and for some odd fuckin reason sees the need to sign new players and release players as often as he changes his unders.

Give Mojo the axe.

Shakes McQueen
09-07-2008, 04:47 PM
Why does he call out Velez and some no name player who was helping the team out for one game? Why hasn't he called out Brennan, Guevara, Robbo and all the other regulars who have played like shit for 3 months?.

Because Velez's selfish actions got him sent off during a game when we were woefully undermanned? In a game where he was entrusted with the captaincy? In a situation where we could have gone up a man for the entire second half?

As for Kambere, his defensive issues led to two of the goals against us. And Carver didn't "call him out", he proceeded to say he couldn't blame him, as he was doing a job for us.

As for the moderation debate: I fully support the ban hammer coming out against some of the more egregious negative posters.

- Scott

v00d00daddy
09-07-2008, 05:28 PM
Because Velez's selfish actions got him sent off during a game when we were woefully undermanned? In a game where he was entrusted with the captaincy? In a situation where we could have gone up a man for the entire second half?

As for Kambere, his defensive issues led to two of the goals against us. And Carver didn't "call him out", he proceeded to say he couldn't blame him, as he was doing a job for us.

As for the moderation debate: I fully support the ban hammer coming out against some of the more egregious negative posters.

- Scott

I think if Velez had not retaliated we would have seen a yellow issued to Esky. I doubt the ref would have issued a straight red but that's up for debate. I think the ref saw it as two guys getting borderline violent and said, enough, both of you, gone.

Maybe Carver didn't call out Kambere but he flat out said that Kambere cost TFC the game. I haven't heard Carver say that all year about any of the regulars. He kind of said it last week blaming Sutton for the late goal but then said that Sutton kept us in the game with a bunch of good stops.

It just bothers me that he found an easy scapegoat this week with a kid he's never gonna see again. Why can't he have the balls to "speak the truth" about some of the regulars over the last 3 months?

Why can't he call a spade a spade when it come to them?

Shakes McQueen
09-07-2008, 05:44 PM
I think if Velez had not retaliated we would have seen a yellow issued to Esky. I doubt the ref would have issued a straight red but that's up for debate. I think the ref saw it as two guys getting borderline violent and said, enough, both of you, gone.

Maybe Carver didn't call out Kambere but he flat out said that Kambere cost TFC the game. I haven't heard Carver say that all year about any of the regulars. He kind of said it last week blaming Sutton for the late goal but then said that Sutton kept us in the game with a bunch of good stops.

It just bothers me that he found an easy scapegoat this week with a kid he's never gonna see again. Why can't he have the balls to "speak the truth" about some of the regulars over the last 3 months?

Why can't he call a spade a spade when it come to them?

He said Kabere cost us a couple of goals, not the match. If it hadn't been Kambere, lord knows they might have still scored anyway.

The goals Sutts let in was unfortunately weak, because of how tall and lanky he is, and he said that. And he was also right to praise Sutts for all of the great stops he made through that game.

Carver always talks about the game-changing mistakes madew in every match, and he does so frankly. There is nothing specifically to single out guys like Robbo and Jimmy B about, because while they might have weak games, they never seem to directly lead to goals.

All I know, is that Velez deserved to be called out yesterday. He let the team down in that match.

- Scott

Sonny Cheeba
09-07-2008, 05:53 PM
every time carver opens his mouth a thread like this starts. really. he's had one of the most difficult coaching jobs i've seen in professional sports. i'm glad he says what he does. more people need to be vocal about MLS and the shit they allow players, football clubs and fans go through. Garber needs to actually care about football for once.....i do understand it's not just garber.

MUFC_Niagara
09-07-2008, 07:19 PM
"Carver is hurting Diaz's feelings....boo fuckity hoo!" All the Carver bashers can fuck off and don't come back....please....just leave the group and never return.

^^^someone made this comment in another thread and i couldn't agree more.

In Carver We Trust

I made that comment and it's true....seriously....either get behind the manager or protest outside BMO against him but leave the 5 threads of negative carver comments off the forum. LEAVE THIS BOARD TO THE PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY WANT TO TALK ABOUT FOOTBALL AND SUPPORT TFC AS WE SHOULD!

Oldtimer
09-07-2008, 08:06 PM
I made that comment and it's true....seriously....either get behind the manager or protest outside BMO against him but leave the 5 threads of negative carver comments off the forum. LEAVE THIS BOARD TO THE PEOPLE THAT ACTUALLY WANT TO TALK ABOUT FOOTBALL AND SUPPORT TFC AS WE SHOULD!

Good idea! It will never happen unless the mods get over their fear of "censorship" and restrict the board to fans.

Beach_Red
09-07-2008, 08:17 PM

I guess you think the comments were directed at Mo because getting in players is his job, but that would be an assumption, right? And you know what they say about assumptions...

For all we know, Carver and Mo are on exactly tha same page and know exactly what they're up against and what's being done.

The things is, this league isn't for everyone. It's weird and different, we all complain about it everyday, but it's true. Not every style of coach can do well in every league (we've certainly seen in hockey plenty of coaches who were really succesful in Europe bomb out completely in the NHL).

Mo has been involved in this league for quite a while and seems to know its weird rules and quirks pretty well. It looks like he's made trades for draft picks (which people tell me are pointless in Europe, but looking at successful teams in the MLS seem important here) and international roster spots and allocation money, etc., which seems to be a plan to give the team as much leeway as possible in broadening the potential player pool.

Now he really has to make it happen. I was hoping for more this year and I'm really hoping for more next year.

v00d00daddy
09-07-2008, 09:32 PM
Wow..there is some scary stuff being said.

I think that the people who are constantly negative set off the people who are constantly positive. They feed off each other.

This shit about "real fans" HAS TO GO AWAY PEOPLE.

The more we tell one another, as fans, to go away, the worse it is for the team.

It takes all kinds to support this team. Who here has the right to say if one person is a fan and another is not?

Oldtimer....do you want to be responsible for deciding who is, and who isn't a TFC fan?

Chevy
09-07-2008, 09:35 PM
^^ Very true. Simliar to the way everyone thinks they are the best driver on the road, we have to get over the need to tell each other the "right" way to support the club.

LucaGol
09-07-2008, 09:37 PM
^^ Very true. Simliar to the way everyone thinks they are the best driver on the road, we have to get over the need to tell each other the "right" way to support the club.

Except that I am the best driver on the road.

Chevy
09-07-2008, 09:39 PM
In your driveway, maybe. :)

Shakes McQueen
09-07-2008, 09:39 PM
Wow..there is some scary stuff being said.

I think that the people who are constantly negative set off the people who are constantly positive. They feed off each other.

This shit about "real fans" HAS TO GO AWAY PEOPLE.

The more we tell one another, as fans, to go away, the worse it is for the team.

It takes all kinds to support this team. Who here has the right to say if one person is a fan and another is not?

Oldtimer....do you want to be responsible for deciding who is, and who isn't a TFC fan?

There are a subsect of "fans", who ONLY post here if they have something negative to say - be it about the club, a player, the coach, the GM, other fans, the MLS as a "bush league", etc. etc. etc.

And I really mean ONLY. You could look through any of their posting histories, and it would be 99.8% negative shit.

If you think that still makes you a supporter, then so be it. But a time may come where such people aren't welcome here anymore.

- Scott

v00d00daddy
09-07-2008, 09:47 PM
There are a subsect of "fans", who ONLY post here if they have something negative to say - be it about the club, a player, the coach, the GM, other fans, the MLS as a "bush league", etc. etc. etc.

And I really mean ONLY. You could look through any of their posting histories, and it would be 99.8% negative shit.

If you think that still makes you a supporter, then so be it. But a time may come where such people aren't welcome here anymore.

- Scott

I get that.

I'll be honest. I don't really check out peoples histories on here so I wouldn't know.

Maybe it's just a bad time to measure if somebody is being overly negative? It's hard to tell when we're in the midst of a terrible 3 months.

On a lighter note. Saturday's game was suprisingly fun. The play was as bad as ever, but it was fun making fun of the keeper.

ps. are you implying that I'm constantly negative and that a time may come when I will not be welcome here anymore?

LucaGol
09-07-2008, 09:52 PM

- Scott

C'mon Shakesy ... there's no yin without yang ... no black without white .... no good without evil.

If there weren't negative people ... how would you be able to define what positive even is.

The positivism exuding alot of the people on this board would just be classified as grey ... and how dull of a world would that be. :rolleyes:

Tomato, tomato

Shakes McQueen
09-07-2008, 09:54 PM
ps. are you implying that I'm constantly negative and that a time may come when I will not be welcome here anymore?

No, I was using it as more of a theoretical "you", as in "you know who you are", haha.

The thing is - you can still be critical about performances, etc., without being a negative arsehole.

Red Patch Boys shouldn't have to dread coming to their own forum after a Toronto FC loss, because they know there is going to be an avalanche of threads from the same handful of people saying the team is shit, the season is over, calling for everyone to get fired, and players to be put on waivers. It gets really tiresome.

Saying "our team is shit", for example, isn't being "critical" - it's just being flat-out NEGATIVE. And for a supporters group board, there is far too much of that here.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
09-07-2008, 09:55 PM
C'mon Shakesy ... there's no yin without yang ... no black without white .... no good without evil.

If there weren't negative people ... how would you be able to define what positive even is.

The positivism exuding alot of the people on this board would just be classified as grey ... and how dull of a world would that be. :rolleyes:

Tomato, tomato

I've criticized all sorts of players over the course of the season, but like I said in my last post, there is a difference between constructive criticism, and just being negative.

And a small handful of users here cross that line all the time.

- Scott

Axeman
09-07-2008, 10:35 PM

- Scott

I agree, logging on to this page I see so much negativity, I mean going by the consensus of this place you'd think Mo was the worst thing to happen to this franchise, c'mon. Having a negative thing to say is one thing and i get that, I say negative stuff too but I think all to often people complain rather than support, and hey we may be going through tough times but we ain't no maple leafs, let's post some more positive shit and leave alot of this bitching at home.
If someone honestly feels Carver or Mo should get the Axe than fine state your case, but positive posting won't hurt we're a supporter group not a fucking teen crisis line.

TheRenter
09-07-2008, 10:38 PM

...did anyone hear it???

we don't need ya.....n btw..grow a set of nuts....tootles!

jloome
09-07-2008, 10:56 PM
I guess you think the comments were directed at Mo because getting in players is his job, but that would be an assumption, right? And you know what they say about assumptions...

For all we know, Carver and Mo are on exactly tha same page and know exactly what they're up against and what's being done.

Yeah, but it seems more likely it was aimed at Mo, to me (which is what I said; I never claimed it was a fact dude) given that he ripped Kambere. If he'd have agreed with Mo on taking him at the last second over, say, using Harmse in the backline from the first, then he wouldnt have ripped his performance that strenuously publicly. It seemed fairly transparent, he didn't want to play him.

Brooker
09-07-2008, 11:17 PM
I don't think the question is whether or not to get rid of Carver..... I think it's more along the lines of will he even WANT to stay in this league?

GOD BLESS JOHN CARVER

LucaGol
09-08-2008, 07:20 AM
I agree, logging on to this page I see so much negativity, I mean going by the consensus of this place you'd think Mo was the worst thing to happen to this franchise, c'mon. Having a negative thing to say is one thing and i get that, I say negative stuff too but I think all to often people complain rather than support, and hey we may be going through tough times but we ain't no maple leafs, let's post some more positive shit and leave alot of this bitching at home.
If someone honestly feels Carver or Mo should get the Axe than fine state your case, but positive posting won't hurt we're a supporter group not a fucking teen crisis line.

Some call it negativity ... some might refer to it as a little thing that hits us in the face every time we wake up in the morning ... REALITY.

You don't see me bitching and complaining about how much fantasy and dreamworld posts and threads that I see.

You think you're the only one who can complain?

It's an internet forum ... deal with it.

I've seen a million "In Carver we Trust" posts ... which to me ... is just as ludicrous as constantly posting "Carver is shit, give him the axe".

What exactly and why exactly are we "trusting" in Carver to this extent? ... Beacause he's from the toon and speaks with an accent?

Point Im trying to make is that there are 2 sides to every story, every coin, every argument. As long as the post has proof, reasoning and logic ... who cares what the ultimate message or theme is. :hump:

Shakes McQueen
09-08-2008, 07:27 AM
It's an internet forum ... deal with it.

Deal with it? It's the Red Patch Boys' forum!

I've seen a million "In Carver we Trust" posts ... which to me ... is just as ludicrous as constantly posting "Carver is shit, give him the axe".

What exactly and why exactly are we "trusting" in Carver to this extent?

Point Im trying to make is that there are 2 sides to every story, every coin, every argument. As long as the post has proof, reasoning and logic ... who cares what the ultimate message or theme is. :hump:That's exactly the problem! 95% of these whining posts are bereft of "proof", reasoning, OR logic! And above and beyond that, they are usually devoid of tact, respect for other users, etc. etc. etc.

This forum shouldn't become a raging inferno of negativity every time the team loses. When RPB members don't want to go on their own forum because a handful of people are dragging it through the mud, there is a PROBLEM.

- Scott

Oldtimer
09-08-2008, 07:34 AM
You can tell a true negative poster - they don't post when we win.
They all disappeared when we went through that winning streak early in the season, then reappeared during this losing streak.
A real fan would be interested in everything the team does, not in just creating controversy.

Those type of posters just don't exist much on the U-Sector board.

LucaGol
09-08-2008, 07:34 AM
Deal with it? It's the Red Patch Boys' forum!

That's exactly the problem! 95% of these whining posts are bereft of "proof", reasoning, OR logic! And above and beyond that, they are usually devoid of tact, respect for other users, etc. etc. etc.

This forum shouldn't become a raging inferno of negativity every time the team loses.

- Scott

What proof have I been provided that John Carver is a competent coach worthy of the praise he receives? All I see are posts in giant letters saying "In Carver we Trust" ... ok, we are supporters ... we support the team ... but does that insinuate there should be no dissenting opinion ... c'mon

Other than the fact that he's been hamstrung by a constantly rotating roster through international call-ups, injuries and suspensions ... and that we played mildly attractive football for the first 15% of the season ... oh, and he's honest to a tee ... what other evidence of his "brilliance" is there?

Tbh, we're in limbo with him really ... he has enough excuses (admittedly, some valid) to warrant our faith in him ... but he also has plenty of negatives including his inability to control his temper on the touchline which Im sure has turned the referees against us, his tactical stagnation, and his inability to institute proper off the ball movement in the squad.
....to name a few.

bhoybobby
09-08-2008, 07:35 AM
john carver is a scumbag

Wtf, he's a sumbag?????

He's an upfront guy who has a very mediocre squad in terms of depth. He's been left holding a bag of pooh by Mo.

Give your head a shake ffs.

LucaGol
09-08-2008, 07:37 AM
You can tell a true negative poster - they don't post when we win.
They all disappeared when we went through that winning streak early in the season, then reappeared during this losing streak.
A real fan would be interested in everything the team does, not in just creating controversy.

Those type of posters just don't exist much on the U-Sector board.

Again, flip the coin ...

There are plenty of ppl who only post when we are winning (or were winning).. the so-called bandwagon jumpers.

Im sure one of the mods could tell you that the site traffic was higher at the beginning of the season when the outlook was rosier.

bhoybobby
09-08-2008, 07:39 AM
I just watched the video and have no problem with anything Carver said...

Its refreshing to see a coach be honest with the media, and not just throw around cliches and useless gibberish when talking to the media...

His comments on Velez are spot on. He said "...he let his team down..." which he did... Carver's not hiding it, making an excuse, he's calling it the way it is...

When he talks about the bench, again he's being honest. In regards to Dichio he says "...he had nothing left in his legs, but I look at the bench and I've got nothing, so he stays out..." Again, he's not bs'ing some crap about keeping him on the pitch for conditioning or to lead - he flat out said he was due to come off, but there was nobody to put in...

Carver didn't let the ref take the heat off himself and the team. He mentions the non-call on Barrett and that it would have changed the game. That's his opinion - it was looking like a 'blame the refs' was coming, but when the reporter presses to get an officiating rant out of him, he gives the "...I'm not giving them the air time..."

I think the reason some people hate Carver can be summed up by an old saying.... "The Truth Hurts"

Carts...

Excellent post, the truth does indeed hurt. I'd like to see what Carver could do with some legit talent & depth. Meanwhile Mo escapes scrutiny, leaving JC to twist in the wind.

Oldtimer
09-08-2008, 08:33 AM
Again, flip the coin ...

There are plenty of ppl who only post when we are winning (or were winning).. the so-called bandwagon jumpers.

Im sure one of the mods could tell you that the site traffic was higher at the beginning of the season when the outlook was rosier.

Many people just don't have the fortitude to come on here due to the volume of negative posters. That's why so many (such as Naturegirl) are almost never here anymore.

We seem to be the only club that has "negative bandwagon jumpers." every time a bad result occurs, the board gets flooded by crap.

None of these people were part of the original RPB group, many don't consider themselves RPB.

Azerban
09-08-2008, 08:39 AM
1) make all registered users read only -or-

2) make it so that all RPB members can block/filter all registered users posts from appearing

hey look i solved cancer, aids and world hunger

Beach_Red
09-08-2008, 08:44 AM
Yeah, but it seems more likely it was aimed at Mo, to me (which is what I said; I never claimed it was a fact dude) given that he ripped Kambere. If he'd have agreed with Mo on taking him at the last second over, say, using Harmse in the backline from the first, then he wouldnt have ripped his performance that strenuously publicly. It seemed fairly transparent, he didn't want to play him.

Oh, I agree, he didn't want to play the guy. It's just Caever's been really upfront about everything else and so far he hasn't complained about Mo or said anything about input in the lineup - and he's had some 'odd' line-up choices, just as Giambac (okay, no, don't do that ;))

I enjyed a lot of the game on Saturday, but one thing I don't get (and I am new to this game, so maybe this is a dumb thing to ask, sure wouldn't be a first for me), is why does the team always look so confused and disorganized on free kicks and corners?

Psycho-Kid
09-08-2008, 08:47 AM
I Think John Carver is a good man and he is also the right man for the job it wasnt his fault that we lost it was the fact that 9 of our Players were called for international duty blaim the Mls not John Carver I read in the Paper that things will change next season about this issue

nobodybeatsthewiz
09-08-2008, 08:47 AM
Because Velez's selfish actions got him sent off during a game when we were woefully undermanned?

velez's brain is broken.....seriously

poppamidnight
09-08-2008, 10:05 AM

.... it's probably just him spending too much time with Guevara,

im suprised he hasnt started flopping....

....that would be all we need...
the three amigo's out there grabbing reds + diving

Olaaaaaaa!!!!!!

Chevy
09-08-2008, 10:07 AM

Banner suggestion for the next game:

If you can read this, you're not Marco Velez :confused:

Tintin
09-08-2008, 10:20 AM

2) make it so that all RPB members can block/filter all registered users posts from appearing

Why. It's not because you are part of a supporters group that you can only be positive of your team. Constructive negative comments can only contribute to discussions. If evryone agrees all the time in the world, there woul not be progress!

This point of view is very conservative and so canadian. Oh no (sarcasm) lets not hurt someones feeling!

Anyway, I think the constructive and I repeat constructive comments, even negatives one should be welcome. Now if someone just says TFC sucks, Fire Carver, fire Mo and does not add fects or analysis, then I agree, there is no place for that.

TFC USA
09-08-2008, 10:28 AM
Close this thread?

Maple Leaf Red
09-08-2008, 10:35 AM
Many people just don't have the fortitude to come on here due to the volume of negative posters. That's why so many (such as Naturegirl) are almost never here anymore.

We seem to be the only club that has "negative bandwagon jumpers." every time a bad result occurs, the board gets flooded by crap.

None of these people were part of the original RPB group, many don't consider themselves RPB.
You should see the poster on Red and White Kop during and after games.

It happens on any board. Members have a good outlet (the members only zone) so at least we don't have to read all of the shit here.

Plus, ignore user is your best friend.

LucaGol
09-08-2008, 11:29 AM
Banner suggestion for the next game:

If you can read this, you're not Marco Velez :confused:

You better watch it with all that negativity.

You might get blocked by the high and mighty of the RPB board.

NateDoGG
09-08-2008, 11:32 AM
John "blame is on the refs and league" Carver

jloome
09-08-2008, 11:37 AM
Oh, I agree, he didn't want to play the guy. It's just Caever's been really upfront about everything else and so far he hasn't complained about Mo or said anything about input in the lineup - and he's had some 'odd' line-up choices, just as Giambac (okay, no, don't do that ;))

I enjyed a lot of the game on Saturday, but one thing I don't get (and I am new to this game, so maybe this is a dumb thing to ask, sure wouldn't be a first for me), is why does the team always look so confused and disorganized on free kicks and corners?

You got me, to be honest. We have some very talented takers, so it may be that it doesn't feature in their practice regimen as significantly is it might otherwise, but I doubt it. I don't think we're that disorganized though. Sometimes, we've tried to be too tricky and ended up with players confusing each other's intentions, but that's more the exception than rule.

Azerban
09-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Why.

Because the distribution for members is roughly 90 great/10 stupid whereas registered users is about 10/90. Paying 25 bucks doesn't automatically make you part of a hivemind collective, there is plenty of disagreement, but for some strange reason making the incredibly small effort of plunking down a tiny amount of money and making yourself known to one or two members of the community for like 90 seconds max stops most people from having the absolute stupidest contrarian opinions all the damn time and I have no idea why.

Hmm.

I'm not saying you have to pay money to make your posts worthwhile to read, far from it, I'm just saying that if I could mass ignore registered users and re-add the ones that are good it'd be a lot faster than simply ignoring all the worthless posters, and there's probably a good reason for it.

MUFC_Niagara
09-08-2008, 11:51 AM

exactly....

v00d00daddy
09-08-2008, 12:02 PM
[quote=Azerban;175192]Because the distribution for members is roughly 90 great/10 stupid whereas registered users is about 10/90. Paying 25 bucks doesn't automatically make you part of a hivemind collective, there is plenty of disagreement, but for some strange reason making the incredibly small effort of plunking down a tiny amount of money and making yourself known to one or two members of the community for like 90 seconds max stops most people from having the absolute stupidest contrarian opinions all the damn time and I have no idea why.
[quote]

You know what? I think it does.

I agree that there are people on these boards that HAVE to disagree with the majority of the people, the majority of the time. It sucks but that's what they do. I don't think it's 90% of the "registered users". And I don't think that 90% of the registered users are stupid. I can't believe you even said that.

A lot of guys and gals on this board have lost their ability to objective. Objective about the team, the front office, the "registered users", and worst of all, the members.

As an example:

A guy like Giambac knows that he gets under your skin and he loves it. Why can't you just take what he says with a grain of salt and move on?

Why do you have to further the divide between group of TFC fans "A" and group of TFC fans "B"?

With each passing day there are more and more posts from members that lead me to believe that RPB is just becoming one big clique.

jabbronies
09-08-2008, 12:08 PM
You better watch it with all that negativity.

You might get blocked by the high and mighty of the RPB board.

you don't get blocked for being negative, you only get blocked for being a douche..btw, have they banned you yet?

v00d00daddy
09-08-2008, 12:11 PM
you don't get blocked for being negative, you only get blocked for being a douche..btw, have they banned you yet?

Nice example you set Mr. Adminstrator.

Why don't you start another thread?

Instead of "Posers vs. Real Supporters" you could call it:

"People that agree with me vs. Douches"

TFC07
09-08-2008, 12:15 PM

You forgot a 3rd option:

Make it so that all registered users can block/filter other registered users and RPB memebers' posts as well.

jabbronies
09-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Nice example you set Mr. Adminstrator.

Why don't you start another thread?

Instead of "Posers vs. Real Supporters" you could call it:

"People that agree with me vs. Douches"

Administrator and Mod are two different things...I don't have the power to block or card people. I only have the power to change the color of the boards...which is what I do..not set the example.

As for starting a new thread, you obviously have this one covered, so why not go right ahead and do so.

as for continuing this conversation, please do it over PM so we don't have to drag other people into it...

v00d00daddy
09-08-2008, 12:22 PM
Administrator and Mod are two different things...I don't have the power to block or card people. I only have the power to change the color of the boards...which is what I do..not set the example.

As for starting a new thread, you obviously have this one covered, so why not go right ahead and do so.

as for continuing this conversation, please do it over PM so we don't have to drag other people into it...

Whatever. It's not worth it.

As for this thread. John Carver is here until the end of the season IMO. After that, depending on how TFC finish the year, he could either resign, or be fired. I don't think he'll be back next year.

I don't mind Carver but it's hard to argue with results, or lackthereof.

Richard D
09-08-2008, 12:23 PM
We should bring back the strap and strap players and coaches in the bum when they act stupid.

burlington Red
09-08-2008, 03:51 PM

...did anyone hear it???

long post, but it's clear you know nothing about the sport of football, go watch baseball or hockey, you probaly have a better grip on those games.

AL-MO
09-08-2008, 03:54 PM
You forgot a 3rd option:

Make it so that all registered users can block/filter other registered users and RPB memebers' posts as well.

Sorry...remind me who's message board this is again?

Shakes McQueen
09-08-2008, 04:12 PM
Because the distribution for members is roughly 90 great/10 stupid whereas registered users is about 10/90. Paying 25 bucks doesn't automatically make you part of a hivemind collective, there is plenty of disagreement, but for some strange reason making the incredibly small effort of plunking down a tiny amount of money and making yourself known to one or two members of the community for like 90 seconds max stops most people from having the absolute stupidest contrarian opinions all the damn time and I have no idea why.

Hmm.

I'm not saying you have to pay money to make your posts worthwhile to read, far from it, I'm just saying that if I could mass ignore registered users and re-add the ones that are good it'd be a lot faster than simply ignoring all the worthless posters, and there's probably a good reason for it.

The problem is twofold.

Firstly, spending money on your account, even if it's only $25, is a powerful incentive to be a constructive member of the community. You actually feel as though something is at stake, preventing you from being a jerk.

Secondly, becoming a member starts to break down some of the walls of anonymity folks have, which changes their behaviour. It's hard to be a huge dick to people, when they are no longer just a faceless voice in the crowd.

- Scott

Derko
09-08-2008, 05:04 PM
Carver's Future is secure for 1 more year, That is good news to my ears

v00d00daddy
09-08-2008, 05:05 PM
Secondly, becoming a member starts to break down some of the walls of anonymity folks have, which changes their behaviour. It's hard to be a huge dick to people, when they are no longer just a faceless voice in the crowd.

- Scott

I totally agree. It goes the other way too. It's hard (for some) to respect other peoples opinion when they haven't paid their 25 bucks or shared pints at Shoeless.

You see what I'm saying? RPB members don't curb their behaviour with non members either. I guess sometimes it's easy to be a dick when you've paid 25 bucks and you have a bunch of buddies backing up everything you say.

Just an observation.

AL-MO
09-08-2008, 05:42 PM
I totally agree. It goes the other way too. It's hard (for some) to respect other peoples opinion when they haven't paid their 25 bucks or shared pints at Shoeless.

You see what I'm saying? RPB members don't curb their behaviour with non members either. I guess sometimes it's easy to be a dick when you've paid 25 bucks and you have a bunch of buddies backing up everything you say.

Just an observation.

Stepping out of my mod role, there is maybe one member that consistently causes problems on this board.(not going to name him) Where as with non-members there are plenty of people on here that because noone knows them personally and remain faceless, continue to stir up shit day after day.

This thread has run its course.