PDA

View Full Version : John Carver postgame video

redrocket08
09-06-2008, 10:14 PM
http://websvr01.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp

Shakes McQueen
09-06-2008, 10:15 PM
I can't watch the video from where I am right now. Can anyone give me the gist of it?

- Scott

LucaGol
09-06-2008, 10:19 PM
- throws Kambere under the bus yet again

- says, what can you say about Kambere, he tried his best...which is somewhat like another insult

- praises RR10....and justifiably so

- says he tried a bunch of tactical stuff (um..ok)

- yada yada yada

rocktml
09-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Carver speaks the truth!

Shakes McQueen
09-06-2008, 10:22 PM
How did he throw him under the bus? What did he say?

It makes no sense that he would take a shot at Kambere, and then say he tried his best.

Bah, I wish I could watch this.

- Scott

poppamidnight
09-06-2008, 10:25 PM
ughh i cant watch more

1 - He looks like a wanker with that tie

2 - im sick of him ripping diaz... a good minute of it

you full of sh** carver:
"Two of the three played really well"

...umm WRONG john, ONE of the three played well (Titus),
two played like shite,
now your calling out the one WHO DOESNT WORK IN YOUR ORGANIZATION,
and yet having the courtesty to not call out the one in your organization - Reagan -

Get real, is carver this dilusional???

He should be thanking the whitecaps for actually sending him a player,
maybe having a chuckle about the fact that Reagan should remain a scout,

but in no way should he be singling out this kid....

Ughh, if i ever run into carver im gunna rip into him good,
but i get the feeling he'll be on the way back to the UK after this season anyways

kitchener-TFC
09-06-2008, 10:26 PM
I wish he'd presure MLS into changing their "ways" more often.

Shakes McQueen
09-06-2008, 10:28 PM
Apparently I'm going to have to watch it myself to get a clear, unbiased account of the postgame interview, haha.

- Scott

e_mcarthur89
09-06-2008, 10:36 PM
No need to call out Diaz like that. Regan was at least just as bad but of course TFC aren't paying Diaz's bills. He came in and helped us when we really needed, no need at all to call him out so blatantly like that.

andyc
09-06-2008, 11:04 PM
I was about to write a long response to this thread but I can't be arsed.

I heard Carver being straight forward and honest. He said one gut fucked up but he did his best. That isn't throwing him under the bus.

I also heard him saying how grateful he was for having the supporters group support... Didn't see that mentioned anywhere...

If you want to see Carver go, then keep up this whining. Remember Mo last year... Carver has brought a whole bunch of professionalism into this club and we should be supporting him, not bitching like a bunch of ignorant fucks.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-06-2008, 11:28 PM
i thought in the first have we dominated up till the first Chivas goal...then doom

give the team A for effort for trying in sour times..

To the TFC players with Canada...thanks for nothing you let the club down!! PO!!

Roogsy
09-06-2008, 11:34 PM
I have watched the video twice and I cannot find a single thing in there that is making some of you guys react the way you do. What the hell is wrong with what he said?

andyc
09-06-2008, 11:49 PM
I have watched the video twice and I cannot find a single thing in there that is making some of you guys react the way you do. What the hell is wrong with what he said?

Yep... Were you Carver haters responding to reports of the comments he made or based on your viewing of the press conference??

TFC_Chris
09-07-2008, 12:15 AM

I have to agree with you Roogsy...
The only thing that he really says is that Diaz cost us 2 goals, but he then followed it up by saying that he was thankful for him out there. It's a lot different playing in the MLS than sitting the pine in the USL...

Daveisonfire
09-07-2008, 12:28 AM
He even acknowledges the In Carver We Trust banner :)

v00d00daddy
09-07-2008, 12:30 AM
I like Carver but why, after this game, does he decide to be so hard on the team?

Why does he take this opportunity to call players out? I'm not a Velez fan by any means but now, after 11 league games, and 3 points out of 33, he starts talking about fining a player for getting a red card?

Where has all of this tough talk been in the last 10 games. Carver should be pointing his finger at the regulars and himself. Nobody else. Why pick on a guy who doesn't belong in this league? If Diaz cost TFC two goals tonight, and the the game, who has cost TFC all the losses in the last 3 months?

I've lost some respect for him. I don't care if he's talking about sticking it with it through this rough patch. If he stays or if he goes....I couldn't care less any more.

I'm so disgusted with this team and this coach that I'm becoming indifferent? Scary.

jloome
09-07-2008, 01:09 AM
I like Carver but why, after this game, does he decide to be so hard on the team?

Why does he take this opportunity to call players out? I'm not a Velez fan by any means but now, after 11 league games, and 3 points out of 33, he starts talking about fining a player for getting a red card?

Where has all of this tough talk been in the last 10 games. Carver should be pointing his finger at the regulars and himself. Nobody else. Why pick on a guy who doesn't belong in this league? If Diaz cost TFC two goals tonight, and the the game, who has cost TFC all the losses in the last 3 months?

I've lost some respect for him. I don't care if he's talking about sticking it with it through this rough patch. If he stays or if he goes....I couldn't care less any more.

I'm so disgusted with this team and this coach that I'm becoming indifferent? Scary.

Dude, give your fucking head a shake. I've read some of your earlier posts, you love the game, you love the team, get over it.

And he DIDN'T throw Kambere under a bus. The kid was given a chance to impress at a bigger club, and it failed, but he said he was thankful for the effort.

Sorry if some of you pussies don't like that, but he's a professional fucking soccer player, not a foreign relief worker, for fuck's sake. He was caught dead out of position on the second goal and was screening Edwards on the first.

Incidentally, for those ripping Regan, you are, again, fucking clueless. Yes, he was a little high on the second goal but it was his only bad moment in the game. He played quite well the rest of the time; Titus has always been a good defender, but drives soccer management types nuts by being outspoken.

I think Carver is refreshingly fucking frank. He's called it how it is, down the line. In one breath, you bitch that we're losing, but in the same breath, you want the coach to be a fucking child psychologist.

PaulinosTFC
09-07-2008, 01:18 AM
Sorry if some of you pussies don't like that, but he's a professional fucking soccer player, not a foreign relief worker, for fuck's sake. He was caught dead out of position on the second goal and was screening Edwards on the first.

That was Titus screening Edwards...

justin
09-07-2008, 01:38 AM
hey can i join the bandwagon of bashing carver for being honest and making sensical judgements in his press conference too? it seems like the cool thing to do.

Carts
09-07-2008, 05:50 AM
I just watched the video and have no problem with anything Carver said...

Its refreshing to see a coach be honest with the media, and not just throw around cliches and useless gibberish when talking to the media...

His comments on Velez are spot on. He said "...he let his team down..." which he did... Carver's not hiding it, making an excuse, he's calling it the way it is...

When he talks about the bench, again he's being honest. In regards to Dichio he says "...he had nothing left in his legs, but I look at the bench and I've got nothing, so he stays out..." Again, he's not bs'ing some crap about keeping him on the pitch for conditioning or to lead - he flat out said he was due to come off, but there was nobody to put in...

I think the reason some people hate Carver can be summed up by an old saying.... "The Truth Hurts"

Carts...

Shakes McQueen
09-07-2008, 06:24 AM
I finally got to watch this, and I also seriously don't know what the complaining is about.

He said that the youngster (Kambere) screwed up on a couple of the goals, because he is from a lower league, etc. - but he then goes on to say that he can't fault him for anything, because he was doing a job for us.

He said he would consider fining Velez, because his team needed him today (as captain), and he decided to lose discipline and get himself sent off, as opposed to having our squad go up a man for the second half.

He refused to talk about the officiating, and called out MLS on the scheduling bullshit again.

He saw the "IN CARVER WE TRUST" banner, and actually said he owed it to the great supporters of this club, to put a good product on the pitch, and he feels like he let us down.

We have a great fucking coach, man. Seeing this interview, I could actually feel his frustration and disappointment. Forget all the complainers.

Seeing this interview has actually inspired me to make a pro-Carver banner of my own.

- Scott

Batman
09-07-2008, 07:34 AM
Now that I've seen the video and heard the context of Carver's comments I can't fault him at all. He is a very straight forward guy. He calls a spade a spade.

MUFC_Niagara
09-07-2008, 08:41 AM
People need to give their fucking head a shake....some of the idiots that post in here after a game make me sick. Carver is a great manager.....end of. I just hope he doesn't walk because of how mickey mouse this stupid league is. Honestly, if it's not for TFC, I wouldn't be able to name 3 teams in this league!

Bottom line, I am embarrased to be a part of this group after a game with all the bitching and complaining. "Carver is hurting Diaz's feelings....boo fuckity hoo!" All the Carver bashers can fuck off and don't come back....please....just leave the group and never return.

celt-nick
09-07-2008, 08:45 AM
People need to give their fucking head a shake....some of the idiots that post in here after a game make me sick. Carver is a great manager.....end of. I just hope he doesn't walk because of how mickey mouse this stupid league is. Honestly, if it's not for TFC, I wouldn't be able to name 3 teams in this league!

Bottom line, when I am embarrased to be a part of this group after a game with all the bitching and complaining. "Carver is hurting Diaz's feelings....boo fuckity hoo!" All the Carver bashers can fuck off and don't come back....please....just leave the group and never return.

CHEERS!!

LucaGol
09-07-2008, 08:55 AM

Bottom line, I am embarrased to be a part of this group after a game with all the bitching and complaining. "Carver is hurting Diaz's feelings....boo fuckity hoo!" All the Carver bashers can fuck off and don't come back....please....just leave the group and never return.

He's so great he's landed us in last place.

Oh, but lets not forget...its the player's fault.

jabbronies
09-07-2008, 09:01 AM
I finally got to watch this, and I also seriously don't know what the complaining is about.

YOU'RE NOT THE ONLY ONE SHAKES.

Carver said all the right things in that interview. All of it was justified. In Carver we trust!

poppamidnight
09-07-2008, 09:01 AM
Heres why you need to stop and think....

Inter-team relations
Whitecaps did us a favor by providing us a body,
Now we go out TO THE MEDIA and basically say the guy sucks, he cost us the game (which he to a degree did)

So, you basically are saying,
Yes, we needed emergency players,
You as a team can provide us with emergency players,
BUT
We will go out to the media and trash your players post-game

....So, why in the hell WOULD ANY TEAM EVER CONSIDER LOANING US A PLAYER EVER AGAIN????

....................(is that processing....cuz some of u are acting as stupid as leaf fans right now)

In Carver we trust.....*rolls eyes*

jabbronies
09-07-2008, 09:04 AM

So I guess you're blaming Carver for Marco Velez elbowing that guy and getting a red. And I guess you're blaming Carver for having that guy on back right giving the ball away every time he touched the ball and then fucking up twice and basically costing the team two goals...or for Rosenland missing from 10 feet from the goal? or for Barret who couldn't place the ball in the top left corner when he was 10-15 feet out? Or for Dichio doing fuck all with a partial breakaway?

ya in that case , I guess it is all Carvers fault.

bhoybobby
09-07-2008, 09:05 AM

Mo's the one with dirty hands, grubby little bastard gave Carver 4/5th's of fuck all to work with. Don't blame Carver for calling a spade a spade.

I've renewed my tix for one more year, there had better be some big improvements, or it'll be the last year.

LucaGol
09-07-2008, 09:05 AM
Carver said all the right things in that interview. All of it was justified. In Carver we trust!

In Carver we trust.....wtf...are you on drugs?

WE....ARE....IN.....LAST....PLACE!!

And its not just that we're in last place....our performances have been terrible, our offense is terrible, our defense is terrible, our passing is terrible, our work rate is terrible, our off the ball movement in the attacking zone is terrible, our goalkeeping is slightly better than terrible....our tactics...well...ya...they're terrible! Now THAT would be honest.

Every interview Carver has, he delivers every excuse in his managing Luton Town for Dummies (esp. John Carver) book. How is that being honest.....he should say Im a crap manager with minimal experience who has absolutely no clue about how to run a proper team....and my director of football is a joke.

jabbronies
09-07-2008, 09:09 AM

Inter-team relations
Now we go out TO THE MEDIA and basically say the guy sucks, he cost us the game (which he to a degree did)

BUT

....So, why in the hell WOULD ANY TEAM EVER CONSIDER LOANING US A PLAYER EVER AGAIN????

....................(is that processing....cuz some of u are acting as stupid as leaf fans right now)

Fact is fact man. The kid fucked up a shit load of times. If we were to praise everyone who fucked up, our team would still include Cunny, Meat pies and Welshy.

Lets not forget he was trashing a bench guy, who rarley see's the light of game, mainly because he fucks up the way he does. And it wasn't like he trashed him, he stated a clear and honest point. The guy cost us two goals. He cost us a shit load of possesion as well.

This isn't your regular work environment people, this is pro football. The reality is players are not always going to be coddled. If they fuck up, they will hear about it. And IMO that wasn't really harsh at all. it was stating facts.

jabbronies
09-07-2008, 09:11 AM

Inter-team relations

BUT

As for inter team relations - Thank you white caps for giving us one of your bodies who was getting rusty on the bench and probably wouldn't have played next gane for you anways, you did great, we appreciate it. Next time you need a player, we'll send you Lombardo.

poppamidnight
09-07-2008, 09:12 AM
Fact is fact man. The kid fucked up a shit load of times. If we were to praise everyone who fucked up, our team would still include Cunny, Meat pies and Welshy.

Lets not forget he was trashing a bench guy, who rarley see's the light of game, mainly because he fucks up the way he does. And it wasn't like he trashed him, he stated a clear and honest point. The guy cost us two goals. He cost us a shit load of possesion as well.

This isn't your regular work environment people, this is pro football. The reality is players are not always going to be coddled. If they fuck up, they will hear about it. And IMO that wasn't really harsh at all. it was stating facts.

Again, THREE WORDS:

NOT OUR PLAYER

..... a "favour" player....

.... i dunno about how u were raised, but this is what happens in the REAL WORLD (that world ur talking about... a pro-football work environment)

if ur ungrateful, or complain about a "favour", you will cease to get such favours EVER AGAIN

giambac
09-07-2008, 09:13 AM
Carver speaks the truth!

A broken record........;)

giambac
09-07-2008, 09:16 AM
Dude, give your fucking head a shake. I've read some of your earlier posts, you love the game, you love the team, get over it.

And he DIDN'T throw Kambere under a bus. The kid was given a chance to impress at a bigger club, and it failed, but he said he was thankful for the effort.

Incidentally, for those ripping Regan, you are, again, fucking clueless. Yes, he was a little high on the second goal but it was his only bad moment in the game. He played quite well the rest of the time; Titus has always been a good defender, but drives soccer management types nuts by being outspoken.

I think Carver is refreshingly fucking frank. He's called it how it is, down the line. In one breath, you bitch that we're losing, but in the same breath, you want the coach to be a fucking child psychologist.

AndCarve ris a professional soccer coach so why doesn't he start acting like one?

LucaGol
09-07-2008, 09:19 AM
I wish John Carver would have been MORE honest about Diaz Kambere......

....why did he just stop at saying he cost us 2 goals......

...he should have just come out said "Diaz is a f*ckin joke of a soccer player who should never lace up boots again"....."I hate his guts and I wish he was dead"

Hey...honesty is refreshing remember.

The point Im trying to make is...there's being honest...and then there's being honest with .... wait for it....TACT. No it doesn't mean tell me bullshit every interview....but it doesn't mean designating one player every game and destroying them in front of everyone (especially when everyone already knows that he is a sub-par player just filling in).

Of course Johnny C's a geordie....so I guess I can come him some slack...they don't have much manners anyways.

jabbronies
Again, THREE WORDS:

NOT OUR PLAYER

..... a "favour" player....

.... i dunno about how u were raised, but this is what happens in the REAL WORLD (that world ur talking about... a pro-football work environment)

if ur ungrateful, or complain about a "favour", you will cease to get such favours EVER AGAIN

Man you sound like a whiney school teacher.
This isn't peewee soccer, you don't candy coat ever thing that happens on the field to make the players or other teams feel good.

Carver said he changed the system to try and play it in their half, but when the young kid tried to play it, he gave it up and cost us two goals.
"I can't fault him, he came out and done a job for me"

What exactly in there makes you think he was ungreatful??
I'd like some exact quotes please.

giambac
In Carver we trust.....wtf...are you on drugs?

WE....ARE....IN.....LAST....PLACE!!

And its not just that we're in last place....our performances have been terrible, our offense is terrible, our defense is terrible, our passing is terrible, our work rate is terrible, our off the ball movement in the attacking zone is terrible, our goalkeeping is slightly better than terrible....our tactics...well...ya...they're terrible! Now THAT would be honest.

Every interview Carver has, he delivers every excuse in his managing Luton Town for Dummies (esp. John Carver) book. How is that being honest.....he should say Im a crap manager with minimal experience who has absolutely no clue about how to run a proper team....and my director of football is a joke.

Apparently alot of people are:drinking:

poppamidnight
09-07-2008, 09:22 AM
Apparently alot of people are:drinking:

Gotta love that sign,

.......:rolleyes:

jabbronies
09-07-2008, 09:26 AM
The point Im trying to make is...there's being honest...and then there's being honest with .... wait for it....TACT. No it doesn't mean tell me bullshit every interview....but it doesn't mean designating one player every game and destroying them in front of everyone (especially when everyone already knows that he is a sub-par player just filling in).

Of course Johnny C's a geordie....so I guess I can come him some slack...they don't have much manners anyways.

Everyone on this board is guilty of destorying players in the past, even you! "Lombardo is shit" "Cuntingham is garbage" etc etc. So to chew him out for making a small comment about a player who clearly fucked up is hypocritical.

As for the geordie comment, watch that shit. That is boarder line rasicm on this board. Keep it clean

CoachGT
09-07-2008, 09:29 AM

Absolutely correct - I spoke with Regan after he came out. I thought he played a hell of a game and at times looked like our most solid defender. Yes, he made a couple of mistakes, but show me a defender who is perfect every game!

And Titus looked pretty good out there. he was completely blown away by the crowd and was grateful for the comments he heard from a few people post game. I thought he deserved a closer look and maybe a longer trial. Good on him!

Carver didn't throw Kambere under the bus - if you watched Kambere's reaction after a few of the plays, in particular the ball he had under control and then lost for a Chivas throw in just before he was taken off, you'd have seen a player who had no confidence in what he was doing out there. He did well to put in the effort, but he was outclassed. Chivas took runs at each of the defenders and found him to be the weak link.

And as for Velez, he deserves the comments. In a game where you know you are short players, retaliation is a selfish play that you have to ignore, whether you are captain or not. Eskandarian was caught by the officials so the retaliation was unnecessary. He'll be out for at least two games on his second red in less than 4 weeks, and if the team had balls, he'd probably sit another two. He will also be fined by the league for that automatically. I'd be pissed if Carver hadn't acknowledged it in the post game.

jabbronies
09-07-2008, 09:32 AM
And as for Velez, he deserves the comments. In a game where you know you are short players, retaliation is a selfish play that you have to ignore, whether you are captain or not. Eskandarian was caught by the officials so the retaliation was unnecessary. He'll be out for at least two games on his second red in less than 4 weeks, and if the team had balls, he'd probably sit another two. He will also be fined by the league for that automatically. I'd be pissed if Carver hadn't acknowledged it in the post game.

If this isn't the end of Marco Velez, then I don't know what else this guy has to do to get the book once the season is over. He's been a complete cluster fuck in the back all season.

giambac
09-07-2008, 09:33 AM
I wish John Carver would have been MORE honest about Diaz Kambere......

....why did he just stop at saying he cost us 2 goals......

...he should have just come out said "Diaz is a f*ckin joke of a soccer player who should never lace up boots again"....."I hate his guts and I wish he was dead"

Hey...honesty is refreshing remember.

It's like it's come to be expected now after each game (i mean each loss). Who will be signalled out infront of the media , in front for everyone to see. It seems every game it happens. pick on someone new, whether it's Cunny, Sutton, Wynne, Brennan, or the young lad yesterday.

Anyone wnat to predict who it will be next week?

MUFC_Niagara
09-07-2008, 09:35 AM

Honestly....please leave and never come back....have you paid for your membership yet? No? Get gone and troll somewhere else!

LucaGol
09-07-2008, 09:36 AM
It's like it's come to be expected now after each game (i mean each loss). Who will be signalled out infront of the media , in front for everyone to see. It seems every game it happens. pick on someone new, whether it's Cunny, Sutton, Wynne, Brennan, or the young lad yesterday.

Anyone wnat to predict who it will be next week?

I told you...Im just waiting for JC to call out Mo, he's the only one left in the organization (aside from himself of course) that hasn't received criticism in a press conference......now that would be honesty.

Oh wait...maybe next game he'll say "G*d damn Carmelo Lobue...he massaged Barrett's leg all wrong and caused him to miss 4 sitters"...."Lobue's a wop and a sub-par athletic trainer"

LucaGol
09-07-2008, 09:38 AM
Honestly....please leave and never come back....have you paid for your membership yet? No? Get gone and troll somewhere else!

What...did I hit a nerve....now IM being honest....we are last place....no...check the standings.

And secondly, again with this g*d damn membership.

I've never met a soccer forum of such f*cking retarded ppl.

Boris
09-07-2008, 09:38 AM
ok..this is just turning into a troll fest...closed!

Roogsy
09-07-2008, 09:41 AM
What...did I hit a nerve....now IM being honest....we are last place....no...check the standings.

Seems like you enjoy the priviledge of being honest and speaking your mind but don't like Carver doing it huh? Kind of a double standard no?

jabbronies
09-07-2008, 10:00 AM

Agreed, lets keep the membership talk to a minimum.
As for that last comment, I'm sure alot of people think the same of you. There's no need to bring that shit up - keep it to football.

jabbronies
09-07-2008, 10:10 AM

We are in last place. Behind San Jose. But again, is it all Carver?? is loosing the game with 2 minutes left in EXTRA TIME Carvers fault?...man I can go on with these forever (see one of my previous posts).

I blame the players more then I blame Carver. Alot of these guys have developed horrible habits from bad coaching over the years. And you see it on the field. Our young guys do alot of good things, that's because they are being molded as we speak to play a certain way, the right way IMO.

Like why does a veteran like Amado Guevera have to try and run through players like it's going out of style? Why can't he run through one or two players, then pass it off to our open strikers(something I saw Rosenland do 3 times this game)...or why can't League Veteran Marshal jockey an attacking player? why does he have to always go balls in on someone making it a 50/50 play instead of making it his advantage (something I've seen Nana Attakora-Gyan do several times). Why does 30+ year old Sutton have to always give up possession in order to dump the ball down the field as far as he can??

Again Im sure Carver doesn't go out and tell these guys to do that.