PDA

View Full Version : Always Look On The Bright Side of Life

ensco
09-06-2008, 06:03 PM
It was a beautiful afternoon.

There was some nice offensive pressure in the first half.

Dichio played, mixed it up regularly, and didn't get hurt.

Johann Smith showed some real moves.

The rent-a-players at the back really did very well, all things considered.

It would have been easy to roll over and concede the result, we didn't do that, we had some decent chances late.

jloome
09-06-2008, 06:09 PM
Agreed, I enjoyed most of our performance. Two meltdowns by a young kid out of his depth. Other than that, our kids looked HUGE. Rosenlund is going to be a force if he keeps playing like that, and I thought both Ricketts and Barrett were dangerous. Smith was in the first but kind of faded. Gaudet looked ok, too.

Nuvinho
09-06-2008, 06:14 PM
It was a great game. I enjoyed seeing other players we have. Rosenlund looked good, Regan should still be playing, fans were great.

LucaGol
09-06-2008, 06:17 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBWW6a7umCI&feature=related

LucaGol
09-06-2008, 06:18 PM
next year's squad.....

Wynne -- new CB -- new CB -- Brennan
----------- Rosenlund
----- new AM -----Guevara
Ricketts ------------------- Jo.Smith
------------ Barrett

S_D
09-06-2008, 06:28 PM
Luca,

Barrett doesn't do well as the lone striker. His time in Chicago proved that when they dropped Rolfe back to the wing.

But I agree with the two new CB's and would consider making Roselund an AM as he seems to be pretty involved in the attacking plays.

Roogsy
09-06-2008, 06:30 PM
next year's squad.....

----------- Rosenlund
------------ Barrett

Looks intriguing.

Shakes McQueen
09-06-2008, 06:30 PM
I'm glad to see this thread. I was expecting the usual fire-breathing negativity we always get in the wake of a defeat.

I thought it was a pretty good showing by the club, considering the problems. Lots of great offensive pressure, and Barrett looked pretty dangerous on a few occasions. I'm really glad we've got him with us for a few more years.

And, as was already mentioned, Dichio played, and didn't get re-injured!

As far as losses go, that was a good one. And as a supporter, I thank all of the kids and patchwork signings who played hard and made a game of it.

- Scott

LucaGol
09-06-2008, 06:37 PM
Looks intriguing.

This system seems to be gaining popularity all over Europe.

Many teams play like this now...

...Scolari uses it at Chelsea, Ramos at Tottenham...O'Neill at Aston Villa...Hughes at Man City....

...its a decent formation, i like it.

LucaGol
09-06-2008, 06:41 PM
Luca,

Barrett doesn't do well as the lone striker. His time in Chicago proved that when they dropped Rolfe back to the wing.

But I agree with the two new CB's and would consider making Roselund an AM as he seems to be pretty involved in the attacking plays.

I tend to agree....hopefully we can resurrect the centre-forward position.

Macoumba Kandji anyone?

Guevara and unknown south American midfield partner supplying the creativity with Jo.Smith, Ricketts and Kandji providing the legs and the industry to get the goals.

giambac
09-06-2008, 07:14 PM
next year's squad.....

----------- Rosenlund
------------ Barrett

Luca ,

I like this lineup

We definetly need 2 Cb and the only good defenders we have are Wynne and Brennan.

Rosenlund impressed me today. I now he missed several opportunities but at least he ha dchances.

Smith looked good also.

Dichio needs to retire. I would move him to assitnt coach. he would be good with the younger players as a mentor.

Bars92
09-06-2008, 07:16 PM
I was pissed that the Jays game made me miss the first 60 minutes. Bollix!!

Mark in Ottawa
09-06-2008, 08:07 PM
I would have enjoyed it more if I could have seen the game in its entirety.
The CBC could have shown it on tape delay and even "caught up" a bit by skipping over those inevitable 2 minute stretches when players are rolling about and holding up play. But no... they kept advertising how we could pay for the game like a pay for view deal. If it wasn't for the Guiness it would have been a total loss for 60+ minutes.

Roogsy
09-06-2008, 08:08 PM
No use complaining about the Jays game running into the TFC game...their numbers are just too good for us to have a leg to stand on.

Pearce321
09-06-2008, 10:55 PM
I must say that I was very entertained watching tfc play today. Even though we were down so many players, it was good to see us put up a good fight. Their are many positives we can take from this match.