PDA

View Full Version : Thanks to the players tonight

deschamp86
09-06-2008, 05:19 PM
For all of the guys that went out on the field tonight and gave it their all. Thank you. You guys played with a ton of heart and made for a pretty entertaining game.

For the guys that came up on loan, I'm sure I speak for all the supporters when I say thanks for coming out and working your butts off for us. No matter what Carver or Mojo say, you guys played well and should be commended.

Dub Narcotic
09-06-2008, 05:21 PM
Yes, by all rights TFC deserved at least a draw. Good effort. Special kudos to Dichio, Barret, Regan, Rosenlund and Harmse who battled all day.

OneLoveOneEric
09-06-2008, 06:17 PM
I'm tired of needing to just be happy with an effort. Effort should be a given. I want results now.

Dirk Diggler
09-06-2008, 06:21 PM
I'm tired of needing to just be happy with an effort. Effort should be a given. I want results now.

Usually I would agree with that statement but considering the quality of guys that were playing today, effort is really all what we could have asked for. Personally I'm past the point of wanting a result since the team has proven itself to be nothing but losers even with regulars in the lineup.

MFG1
09-06-2008, 06:22 PM
regan could easily replace marshall, I even enjoyed watching that Titus kid.

OneLoveOneEric
09-06-2008, 06:26 PM
Usually I would agree with that statement but considering the quality of guys that were playing today, effort is really all what we could have asked for. Personally I'm past the point of wanting a result since the team has proven itself to be nothing but losers even with regulars in the lineup.

I agree. I meant tonight as well as in general.

rocker
09-06-2008, 06:45 PM
Regan was the best of the three loaners.
Titus was good at hoofing the ball upfield, and seemed reassured out there. although his tackle on the second goal was weak.
Kambere was not very good... lots of passes to nobody... made serious mistakes on 2 goals.. oh well...

deschamp86
09-06-2008, 06:46 PM

That Titus kid is 39 lol

Dirk Diggler
09-06-2008, 06:47 PM
That Titus kid is 39 lol

I think the "kid" comment was tongue in cheek.

Roogsy
09-06-2008, 06:57 PM
I knew about everyone else except Titus...who was he?

39 eh? Looked better than some of our starters.

Ratven
09-06-2008, 07:28 PM
Yeah I was most pleasantly surprised by Titus too, I think he was the strongest of the replacements.

jabbronies
09-06-2008, 07:32 PM
Yeah I was most pleasantly surprised by Titus too, I think he was the strongest of the replacements.

Is he the one with the dreads??

Mark in Ottawa
09-06-2008, 07:40 PM
For all of the guys that went out on the field tonight and gave it their all. Thank you. You guys played with a ton of heart and made for a pretty entertaining game.

For the guys that came up on loan, I'm sure I speak for all the supporters when I say thanks for coming out and working your butts off for us.

What he said!
Thanks guys.

colman1860
09-06-2008, 07:48 PM

Regan got turned inside out before Chivas' first goal.
Titus showed huge deficits during usually simple plays like shielding the ball. Also performed the possibly worst slide tackle in MLS history before Chivas' second goal.
The other guy (his name escapes me) was completely and utterly useless...disgusting pass before Chivas' second goal.

All in all, thanks for helping us fill out an 11, and now be on your way.

Roogsy
09-06-2008, 07:49 PM
It's been tough all around. But it certainly was refreshing seeing players work their butts off even if they don't have the skill to really have the effect we want.

giambac
09-06-2008, 08:06 PM

Why can't we expect results???

Is dichio not a starter?
Is barrett not a starter?
Is Ricketts not a starter?
Is valez not a starter?
Was J. Smith not brought here to be a starter?
Hasn't Edwards started several games this year?
Hasn't Harmese started/played several games this year?
What about Rosenlund???

I mean I know we were short palyers but it's not like we didn't have players. Furtehrmore we were playing at home and it was a very crucial match for us/.

So why can't we expect results? Is it because we haven't been getting them for the past 3 months?

SteeltownBhoy
09-06-2008, 09:32 PM

That Titus kid is 38 yrs old. Get a Fu*king grip.

Footie-11
09-06-2008, 10:15 PM
We outplayed Chivas today... we just cant put the ball in the fu*king net.

MFG1
09-06-2008, 10:28 PM
That Titus kid is 38 yrs old. Get a Fu*king grip.

It would make sense if you knew how old i was a-hole. go fuck yourself

Axeman
09-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Why can't we expect results???

Is dichio not a starter?
Is barrett not a starter?
Is Ricketts not a starter?
Is valez not a starter?
Was J. Smith not brought here to be a starter?
Hasn't Edwards started several games this year?
Hasn't Harmese started/played several games this year?
What about Rosenlund???

I mean I know we were short palyers but it's not like we didn't have players. Furtehrmore we were playing at home and it was a very crucial match for us/.

So why can't we expect results? Is it because we haven't been getting them for the past 3 months?

I think you make a good point but I believe the missing presence of Brennan and Robinson has more of an impact than some might think. I find these two players don't get enough credit for their decision making and leadership.

SQUIRREL
09-06-2008, 11:06 PM
Titus is a good guy, He's 38 -39 and he gave it his all for a team he doesn't play for. Sorry maybe I'm biased because my brother played with him but honestly for a guy to be a coach for a Mississauga youth team, to come in and suit up and try his best for TFC knowing he's not getting a contract or anything.....He's ok in my book. How about Velez and that stupid slap (or whatever that was) on alecko. I'd rather have Titus then that knob. There was a few times in the game (I was at BMO) were Titus was telling Velez to move up on the trap....Velez was supposed to be the captain but he didn't know what the hell he was doing. Why did Carver make Velez captain and not Dichio????? what a great decision by our captain to slap another player in the face, What a leader.

Sorry just venting.