PDA

View Full Version : Chivas Missing 9 regulars today

giambac
09-06-2008, 11:13 AM
All week the theme has been that the MLS should reschedule todays game because it is unfair to TFC who will be missing 9 regulars to international call ups. Carver has spear headed the protest.

But why?

Are we really at a disadavntage?

1) Chivas will be missing 2 starters to international call ups
2) Chivas will be missing 5 regulars today due to injury
3) Chiva swill be missing another 2 starters due to suspension (yellow cards)

If you can count that makes 9 regulars they are missing today? are they crying? are they whining? No

They are getting focused on the game and will come out playing.

Furthermore Chivas is on the road.

I hope TFC wins today but it just pisses me off that all we have been doing this week is complain about the scheduling and how it is fucking us up. I believe it is just a cop out and an excuse in case we lose. If we do lose (and i hope we don't) I can just see all the fans and Carver saying it was because of the scheduling.

well it isn't, both teams are short handed and Civas is on the road.

Let's get the record straight for a change.

Nuvinho
09-06-2008, 11:15 AM
Please name these individuals.....as MOST of them do not start, or have an impact in the game.

ManUtd4ever
09-06-2008, 11:16 AM
Well, at least that levels the playing field somewhat...

RealG-TFC
09-06-2008, 11:16 AM
OMG I finally agree with you on something! :O

Nuvinho
09-06-2008, 11:19 AM
Harris (suspended)
Marsch (hurt)
Kljestan (international)
Thomas (international)

Nuvinho
09-06-2008, 11:19 AM
As well if we count Toronto's hurt players, then its 12 players?

RealG-TFC
09-06-2008, 11:20 AM
I agree that the whining is too much. I mean, sure it's going to be tuff, but that's football. This is exactly why we have reserves.

Roogsy
We are getting the TFC side of things. Chivas has been upset about the very same situation and were willing to postpone the game as well...do you seriuosly think they were doing that as a favour to TFC?

And please prove that they are missing 9 STARTERS and not merely 9 players on their roster.

The point is that between the two teams, fans are going to pay to see teams that are basically not starting more than a handful of starters and that is not TFC's fault, that is the MLS's fault. You are just such a Carver basher that you are willing to excuse MLS's idiocy just to add to your Carver hatred.

giambac
International call ups
Sacha Kljestan - US
Shaver Thomas - Jamaica

Injuries
Jesse March
Carey Talley
raphel Wicky
Alex Zotinca
Maytke Gallardo

Suspension
Atiba Harris

giambac
09-06-2008, 11:22 AM
Well, at least that levels the playing field somewhat...

Exactly so please stop the fucking crying and protest.

it is an even playfield and we are the home team.

NO EXCUSES. Just paly the game for a change

Roogsy
I agree that the whining is too much. I mean, sure it's going to be tuff, but that's football. This is exactly why we have reserves.

You would have a good point if MLS didn't have a ridiculously low cap and a roster size limit of 18. If they had European roster sizes, do you think we would be facing this problem to this degree? Cap and roster sizes is not under TFC's management. Not to mention the stupidity of playing on a FIFA date. What would Scolari or Mourinho or Ferguson say about playing on a FIFA date? And they have never faced roster and cap limitations, they more than anyone else would fare best if they had to play on FIFA dates. Why shouldn't Carver and TFC complain?

David_Oliveira
I know it's hard but TFC have an advantage here. Not only do we have a reserve team but we also have an academy. Isn't this the very FUCKING reason for these things. The theme on this board (and the team) from now on should be NO MORE EXCUSES!!

ManUtd4ever
I mentioned in another thread that with Dichio and Barrett on the pitch, we would have a fighting chance. At least now I can drive down to the game with some sense of optimism!

Nuvinho
09-06-2008, 11:24 AM
International call ups
Sacha Kljestan - US - starter
Shaver Thomas - Jamaica -starter

Injuries
Jesse March -starter
Carey Talley - regular
raphel Wicky - SHITE
Alex Zotinca - does he play??
Maytke Gallardo -hasn't played for awhile

Suspension
Atiba Harris - starter

Chivas is not in that bad shape, they still have defenders, midfielders, and forwards who play regularly.

Roogsy
09-06-2008, 11:24 AM
International call ups
Sacha Kljestan - US
Shaver Thomas - Jamaica

Injuries
Jesse March
Carey Talley
raphel Wicky
Alex Zotinca
Maytke Gallardo

Suspension
Atiba Harris

Nice...I said STARTERS not players. If I prove to you that not all of these are starters will promise to never post on this board ever again?

Nuvinho
09-06-2008, 11:26 AM
Of that list, 4 guys are regular players, and they have cover for most of them, except for Kljestan.

ManUtd4ever
Nice...I said STARTERS not players. If I prove to you that not all of these are starters will promise to never post on this board ever again?

:rofl:

TFC_Toon
90 minutes of heart, proud to wear the jersey, running their socks off. As a supporter, this is all I ask. This match is huge, we are not out of this yet, we need the points today.

GingerNinja
09-06-2008, 11:31 AM
Injuries and yellow suspensions aren't the argument.
Its all about the international dates.
Then what, its 2 to 7?
totally unfair!

london_tfc_fan
09-06-2008, 12:33 PM
Exactly so please stop the fucking crying and protest.

it is an even playfield and we are the home team.

NO EXCUSES. Just paly the game for a change

the players just mentioned outside of marsch kljestian and talley arent starters and gallindo has been blowing chunks so lets get real it isnt even to have that many players missing!! and international dates take the precedent in every other major league so lets make MLS keep up!!

H Bomb
09-06-2008, 12:55 PM
So Giambac complains 24/7 on this board about absolutely everything. And now when everyone else complains about something legitimate he finds time to complain about it. We need to erase non-supporters from this board. He does not support the team...I know all the Mods are in Montreal but if they read this for the love of god stop being so fucking PC with this stuff and cut out the cancer. His opinion is not valid.

Roogsy
09-06-2008, 01:02 PM
What am I? Chopped liver? LMAO! :rofl:

ZING!

Draracle
09-06-2008, 01:02 PM
I don't see how the 2 call ups from Chivas relates to us. We wouldn't be asking for a delay of game because of 5 injuries or several suspensions. Giambac, you have drawn lines which don't exist. The argument is that the team is punished for having quality internationals on the roster. Try to stick to the facts before you bitch and moan.

GhostPK
09-06-2008, 01:06 PM
Look, being form BC, Im away from most of the bullshit, but lets get real. MLS is the only Major football league that plays whenever they feel like it. Hell, if they could, MLS would probably start their own version of FIFA. The point is, MLS has to join the rest of the footy world and schedule games accordingly like every other major league out there. What we have in the MLS is American ignorance which is what has hindered footy in North America since day one.

Yes our team is hurting and we have taken every step to try and change that. Unfortunately the MLS hiearchy has a bigger ego than Quebec seperatists and wont listen to anyone. However, we all agree that regardless, we still NEED a win.

Lets quite with the supporter on supporter bashing and do what we all do best.... SUPPORTING OUR TEAM!

justin
09-06-2008, 01:08 PM
why doesn't everyone just put giambac on your ignore list if no mod will just ban him? i did a long time ago, and the only time i ever have to suffer through his posts are when someone quotes them.

alexintoronto
09-06-2008, 01:16 PM
why doesn't everyone just put giambac on your ignore list if no mod will just ban him? i did a long time ago, and the only time i ever have to suffer through his posts are when someone quotes them.
i'M JUST QUOTING THIS SO THE HUNDREDS OF PEOPLE IGNORING YOU CAN SEE IT.

:canada:

oops - caps. I wasn't yelling :)