PDA

View Full Version : Letter Back from Garber

Batman
09-06-2008, 07:01 AM
Last week I sent an email to Garber regarding the issue of TFC playing without the 9 players.

Overnight I received an email with a letter attached as a pdf.

Because it's a pdf I can't copy it into this post.

But the letter basically said:

Letter to: Toronto FC Fans

Thanks for the support.
"I respect your passion.
League is growing because of fans like you.
We must respect your input.
Schedule is complex.
Decisions are not taken lightly.
For background considering our decision see my blog at:....."

In other words... thanks but fuck off... oh ya, and keep up the good support.

Anyway, folks, it was worth a try.

TorontoUnitedScout
09-06-2008, 09:26 AM
got the same thing..and something about refering to the blog......

nascarguy
09-06-2008, 09:43 AM
fuck him and his blog

Roogsy
09-06-2008, 10:22 AM
fuck him and his blog

LOL!

QFT...

giambac
09-06-2008, 10:35 AM
Last week I sent an email to Garber regarding the issue of TFC playing without the 9 players.

Overnight I received an email with a letter attached as a pdf.

Because it's a pdf I can't copy it into this post.

But the letter basically said:

Letter to: Toronto FC Fans

Thanks for the support.
"I respect your passion.
League is growing because of fans like you.
We must respect your input.
Schedule is complex.
Decisions are not taken lightly.
For background considering our decision see my blog at:....."

In other words... thanks but fuck off... oh ya, and keep up the good support.

Anyway, folks, it was worth a try.

In my books it was nic efor Garber to take the time to respond back to you.

In case you idn't realize the league is made up of 14 teams. TFC is not the only team in the league and the rules aren't going to be changed mid way thru a season because of TFC.

As much as the scheduling is fucked up the mLS did the right thing. In the offseason they can address the issues and have all teams/owners vote on it. Not just TFc.

I wish you guys would stop acting like kids. We are in partnership with othe rteams in the league and decisions aren't going to based strictly on our benefits.

Grow up and stop the whining. It's making the supporters and team look bad. Word is getting around the league that we are the biggest whiners around. All we do is compalin, protest, whine, complain and protest more.

Redcoe15
09-06-2008, 10:36 AM
They problably got that saved on file and just type in the name of the team for whomever they're sending it to. :prrr:

Boris
09-06-2008, 10:40 AM

In case you idn't realize the league is made up of 14 teams. TFC is not the only team in the league and the rules aren't going to be changed mid way thru a season because of TFC.

As much as the scheduling is fucked up the mLS did the right thing. In the offseason they can address the issues and have all teams/owners vote on it. Not just TFc.

I wish you guys would stop acting like kids. We are in partnership with othe rteams in the league and decisions aren't going to based strictly on our benefits.

Grow up and stop the whining. It's making the supporters and team look bad. Word is getting around the league that we are the biggest whiners around. All we do is compalin, protest, whine, complain and protest more.

but rules can be changed for other teams like la.....

hmmmmmm. an d technically you are complaining too by saying we complain...:D

giambac
09-06-2008, 10:59 AM
but rules can be changed for other teams like la.....

hmmmmmm. an d technically you are complaining too by saying we complain...:D

Let's get the record staright.

1)TFC played last week vs Chivas with allour regulars. Chivas was missing 5 starters. Was the game postponed???? NO
We lsot a game we should have won

2) today TFC is missing 9 starters. Everyone wants the game to be postponed becasue they say it isn't fair to us.

In my view the supporters and Carve rwho are asking for a postponement are just setting up an excuse in case we lose.

3) why doesn't any one mention that
Chiva sis missing 2 players to international callups
Chivas is alos missing 5 regular players due to injury
Chivas is also missing 2 players due to suspensions (yellow cards)

So Chivas is also missing 9 players today and they are on the road. Are they crying? Are they complaining? No they will just come in and play the game the way it should be .

We on the other hand led by Carver have been crying all week. We sent letters to Garber/MLS, letters to the unite dnations, letters to NATO, letteres to Obama and McCain.

When will it end?????

mike_bouma
09-06-2008, 11:55 AM

So Chivas is also missing 9 players today and they are on the road. [/quote]

Great you mentioned it… now:

1) Yellow cards are a punishment for behavior not befitting the sport, having internationals on your team should not be a punishment.

2) We have injuries as well and no one is bringing that into the equation, injuries are just bad luck and part of the game.

3) This wouldn't stand in any other league or any other sport. If some American Football team was missing the quarterback, three receivers, a tight end a fullback and running back plus 80% of the starting defense because they were playing another game that night do you really think the game would go on? It diminishes the integrity the MLS should be trying to create in such a young league. Its like saying "It's ok, its only the MLS... nobodies going to care anyway"

Batman
09-06-2008, 12:00 PM
Let's get the record staright.

1)TFC played last week vs Chivas with allour regulars. Chivas was missing 5 starters. Was the game postponed???? NO
We lsot a game we should have won

2) today TFC is missing 9 starters. Everyone wants the game to be postponed becasue they say it isn't fair to us.

In my view the supporters and Carve rwho are asking for a postponement are just setting up an excuse in case we lose.

So Chivas is also missing 9 players today and they are on the road. Are they crying? Are they complaining? No they will just come in and play the game the way it should be .

We on the other hand led by Carver have been crying all week. We sent letters to Garber/MLS, letters to the unite dnations, letters to NATO, letteres to Obama and McCain.

When will it end?????

It will end now! I gave the TROLL a Red Card. Have a lovely week off!

Dirk Diggler
09-06-2008, 12:07 PM

For once, I completely agree. Mo knew that MLS isn't going to comply with FIFA match days long before the season started ... this is only becoming a problem now because people don't have enough foresight. This is exactly the reason why we should've kept guys like Laurent Robert. I mean what lack of effort? You can't tell me that every other player on the team has been giving his 100% ... not to mention that Robert has been known to whing it on defence even before he came to Toronto.

Either way, the only thing we should be complaining about is the fact that Mo has completely failed to play with the cards that he was dealt (and he knew before hand what cards he was going to be dealt).