PDA

View Full Version : Edu getting fan support

jloome
09-06-2008, 04:06 AM
http://football365.com/story/0,17033,8670_4099139,00.html

Edu is giddy about his name being chanted at an away game. Meanwhile, a first appearance still beckons.

BigLou
09-06-2008, 04:09 AM
neat........not really TFC/MLS news anymore....

ensco
09-06-2008, 07:01 AM
not really TFC/MLS news anymore....

I wish people would stop reflectively posting this whenever Edu stuff gets posted... you are plain wrong....I (and I suspect others) are interested, plus I don't go on the international boards nearly so often

give it a rest

Shakes McQueen
09-06-2008, 07:31 AM
I think it's still TFC news, because he's a recent alumni of both the team and the league, and it is in the interest of both that he succeeds.

As far as I'm concerned, Mo Edu news should always be TFC news, as long as it isn't just Rangers match highlights, or something.

- Scott

jabbronies
09-06-2008, 08:43 AM
anyone know the song??

Bluenose13
09-06-2008, 08:48 AM
They changed ALL the words from Hello/Hello to EDU.

rocker
09-06-2008, 09:28 AM
it's not "TFC or MLS news" so it shouldn't be here. Simple as that.
i've seen things with more relevance (but not quite news) being moved out of this thread, so we should keep up the same rules.
The only time it's important is if it affects TFC or MLS. His trade was important news.
but now stories about songs Rangers fans sing for him is not TFC or MLS news.
If you're too lazy to go over to the international section, that's your problem.

Marco2K
09-06-2008, 09:32 AM
I really dont give a shit about EDU.

He sucked all season for us and the rangers wanted him for 5 million. GOOD LUCK TO THEM AND HIM

NO MORE FUCKIN EDU NEWS

Roogsy
09-06-2008, 10:24 AM
Um yeah...thanks for your input guys but you don't get a say in what gets put in here. Denime is the mod for this section so he gets final say on that. So if you don't like the news that gets put up...go to another thread.

Detroit_TFC
09-06-2008, 10:46 AM
IMHO, this kind of news belongs in the international football section now. I don't mind following the fortunes of former players who have gone to Europe or elsewhere, but not here.

As for players traded to other MLS teams, I hear quite enough about them through the regular MLS news, thank you.

Roogsy
09-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Good point. We will let Denime decide that. Mo is a former TFC player of the current season. Maybe that is a rule once this season is over?

dupont
09-06-2008, 11:12 AM
NO MORE FUCKIN EDU NEWS

I'll solve this problem for you not wanting to read Edu news. Simply stop clicking on any thread labeled "Edu"

Dirk Diggler
09-06-2008, 11:56 AM
I'll solve this problem for you not wanting to read Edu news. Simply stop clicking on any thread labeled "Edu"

That doesn't really solve anything but whatever, I'll leave it up to the mods to decide.

LucaGol
09-06-2008, 12:39 PM
We chanted his name too....still doesnt make him a good footballer.

jloome
09-06-2008, 01:42 PM
That doesn't really solve anything but whatever, I'll leave it up to the mods to decide.

Uh, no, it does. There are about four or five new posts an hour, at most, in the forum and maybe that ALL DAY in the news section. So there is no legitimate argument that it crowds the forum.

So if it doesn't crowd the forum, and you don't have to read it unless you choose to, where's the fucking problem, exactly?

So, what, if a TFC alumni retires a TFC player that's game, but if he goes to another team, it's not? So Cunningham news isn't interesting to TFC fans, even though he was a striker (yes, we all use the term loosely) here for two years?

That's just idiotic. I work in a business that compartmentalizes news as a core of what it does, the newspaper business. And Mo Edu news is TFC news for as long as TFC fans are interested in alumni, whether you like it or not.

CretanBull
09-06-2008, 02:29 PM
It's great that they're chanting his name before the game, and before they've seen him play. I think they'll be chanting something different if he plays for them the way he did for us.

Dirk Diggler
09-06-2008, 06:16 PM
Uh, no, it does. There are about four or five new posts an hour, at most, in the forum and maybe that ALL DAY in the news section. So there is no legitimate argument that it crowds the forum.

So if it doesn't crowd the forum, and you don't have to read it unless you choose to, where's the fucking problem, exactly?

So, what, if a TFC alumni retires a TFC player that's game, but if he goes to another team, it's not? So Cunningham news isn't interesting to TFC fans, even though he was a striker (yes, we all use the term loosely) here for two years?

That's just idiotic. I work in a business that compartmentalizes news as a core of what it does, the newspaper business. And Mo Edu news is TFC news for as long as TFC fans are interested in alumni, whether you like it or not.

There are lots of topics that TFC fans could be interested in. Doesn't mean we can go around posting them in the incorrect section, now does it? I don't care if you work for a newspaper ... this is a message board. Your occupation doesn't really have any relevance to be honest.

Rules are rules and in this case, the purpose of this section is clear enough. If you have any Cunningham news, post ahead. This is the correct section since he plays for Dallas.

Shakes McQueen
09-06-2008, 06:23 PM
There are lots of topics that TFC fans could be interested in. Doesn't mean we can go around posting them in the incorrect section, now does it? I don't care if you work for a newspaper ... this is a message board. Your occupation doesn't really have any relevance to be honest.

Rules are rules and in this case, the purpose of this section is clear enough. If you have any Cunningham news, post ahead. This is the correct section since he plays for Dallas.

Edu is a recent alumni of the club. As long as this is the case, it's TFC news.

Rules ARE rules, but I also think you're being pedantic.

- Scott

Dirk Diggler
09-06-2008, 06:34 PM
Edu is a recent alumni of the club. As long as this is the case, it's TFC news.

Rules ARE rules, but I also think you're being pedantic.

- Scott

Rules are rules because they are simple enough and do not require additional justification to follow. I'm just interested to know as to how much time would be appropriate before Edu related news starts going in the proper section? Who is to judge that a certain amount of time needs to be passed before Edu becomes immaterial to ALL TFC fans? Personally I know for a fact that I would be interested in Edu's career for the foreseeable future (maybe the next 5 years), regardless of the fact that I thought very little of him as a professional football player.

Either way, I really didn't have an issue with this thread until someone busted out the classic "don't click if you don't like it" line, which really fucks me up since I don't think turning a blind eye to anything is a solution under any circumstance.

wisnae me
09-07-2008, 07:56 PM
anyone know the song??

About twenty seconds in. :wink5:
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K0UTxQdF8ys&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K0UTxQdF8ys&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

LucaGol
09-07-2008, 08:39 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K0UTxQdF8ys&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K0UTxQdF8ys&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

lol ... oh brother

You would think he would have to actually at least do something positive on the field before they start singing his name.

I mean, its nice to welcome a player ... but come on ... how hyped up exactly is Edu over there ...

Pachuco
09-07-2008, 09:16 PM
WTF is wrong with you people? if you don't want to see Edu news then DON"T CLICK ON THE FUCKING THREAD TITLED EDU

Rocker, if the extra thread title takes up too much space on your 6 inch monitor then that's your problem.

v00d00daddy
09-07-2008, 09:39 PM
WTF is wrong with you people? if you don't want to see Edu news then DON"T CLICK ON THE FUCKING THREAD TITLED EDU

I totally agree.

Has internet ettiquette really gone this far? Why would you spend the time to:

a) read the title of the thread
b) click the title of the thread
c) read the contents of the thread
d) post your opinion on the thread

....only to say that the thread shouldn't exist here?

Weird. I guess I don't get it.

As for the topic. It's nice to hear he's having a good time over the pond. I wonder how happy he'll be once he gets into a game. I'm interested to see if he'll be able to hack it there. Oh well, only time will tell.

jloome
09-07-2008, 11:02 PM
I totally agree.

Has internet ettiquette really gone this far? Why would you spend the time to:

a) read the title of the thread
b) click the title of the thread
c) read the contents of the thread
d) post your opinion on the thread

....only to say that the thread shouldn't exist here?

Weird. I guess I don't get it.

As for the topic. It's nice to hear he's having a good time over the pond. I wonder how happy he'll be once he gets into a game. I'm interested to see if he'll be able to hack it there. Oh well, only time will tell.

Yep. People insist on impressing their position on others, that's all. If you don't like a book, don't read it. But don't burn it.

The SPL looks pretty weak these days outside the top two; I wouldn't be surprised if he does OK.

Brooker
09-08-2008, 01:15 AM
i gotta say.... i've been pretty bitter about this whole Mo Edu thing. whether it's him underachieving or just leaving us in his dust.... but ever since i saw him at the top of 113 showing his appreciation i can't be mad at the guy. that was very classy.

i just wish these Edu threads would stop.... not because they don't belong in this section (i dont give 2 shits.) but rather it just CONSTANTLY REMINDS ME that we lost a good prospect. (whether i open the thread or not.)

:D

Jeffro
09-08-2008, 01:39 AM

OMG! I agree with jloome! This can't be!

jabbronies
09-08-2008, 01:59 PM

hahahahaha and i thought we were unoriginal at times!!
Just goes to show you that in europe, doesn't matter how lame a chant is, as long as lots of people are singing it and everyone is having a good time...