PDA

View Full Version : Ives brings attention to our plight

Ossington Mental Youth
09-06-2008, 02:39 AM
http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2008/09/help-wanted-if.html

John Carver is looking for some soccer players, any soccer players.
In a story widely-reported in Canada, Carver's Toronto FC will have to take on Chivas USA on Saturday missing nine players due to international duty (http://torontosun.com/Sports/OtherSports/2008/09/03/6644096-sun.html). Toronto petitioned MLS to have the match re-scheduled, and the Toronto Sun reported that Chivas USA was not opposed to a re-scheduling, but MLS rejected the request.
Why? An MLS spokesman stated that MLS did not want to set a precedent by re-scheduling and felt it was unfair to other teams that might be missing players.
That response is acceptable for a team missing two or three players, but forcing a team to play without nine players is ridiculous.

Shakes McQueen
09-06-2008, 03:10 AM
The amount of TFC-bashing on that blog is horrendous. I always end up arguing with one or two people when our club is mentioned in a post by Ives.

As was the case with this one.

- Scott

Smuttynose
09-06-2008, 03:16 AM
^ i agree... great article, but some of those comments were ridiculous!!

my favorite:

Dear TFC,
You shouldn't have picked up soo many players from other countries. This is your own doing. Try to remember this for next year.

:rolleyes:

SilverSamurai
09-06-2008, 07:13 AM
^ i agree... great article, but some of those comments were ridiculous!!

my favorite:

:rolleyes:

Ya I know.
So we should get players that suck like everyone else?
C'mon...:rolleyes:

dannyd
09-06-2008, 07:16 AM
Personally I'm getting tired of Carver's whining and complaining. If he spent as much energy coaching his team as he did whining to the refs and the league, maybe we wouldn't be near last place.

Look what happened the last time we were missing our "best" players... I'm actually excited to see this game played by some youngsters with balls, instead of lazy primadonna's.

giambac
09-06-2008, 11:05 AM
http://www.soccerbyives.net/soccer_by_ives/2008/09/help-wanted-if.html

John Carver is looking for some soccer players, any soccer players.
In a story widely-reported in Canada, Carver's Toronto FC will have to take on Chivas USA on Saturday missing nine players due to international duty (http://torontosun.com/Sports/OtherSports/2008/09/03/6644096-sun.html). Toronto petitioned MLS to have the match re-scheduled, and the Toronto Sun reported that Chivas USA was not opposed to a re-scheduling, but MLS rejected the request.
Why? An MLS spokesman stated that MLS did not want to set a precedent by re-scheduling and felt it was unfair to other teams that might be missing players.
That response is acceptable for a team missing two or three players, but forcing a team to play without nine players is ridiculous.

Cry, Cry nad Cry some more.......

We already have our excuses in case we lose.

Why doesn't any mention the following:

1) Chivas are missing 2 startrers to inthernational call up today
2) Chivas are missing 5 regulars due to injury today
3) Chivas are missing anither 2 regualrs due to suspensions (yellow Crads)
In total Chivas are missing 9 players today, the same as TFC
4) Chivas are playing on the road.

Is Chivas crying a river? Are they whing? NO, theat has been left to TFC and our supporters and Carver. We have become knowbn for that.

rocker
09-06-2008, 11:17 AM
If he spent as much energy coaching his team as he did whining to the refs and the league, maybe we wouldn't be near last place.

what kind of comment is that?
it's not like he stops practice to talk to the press and complain...

unless you're actually there to watch practice every day, lay off on whining about Carver's effort as a coach.

Roogsy
09-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Actually goes to show what you know G. Chivas has complained as well. And were willing to reschedule the game as well...you think they were doing that out of consideration for TFC?

Nuvinho
09-06-2008, 11:20 AM
Cry, Cry nad Cry some more.......

We already have our excuses in case we lose.

Why doesn't any mention the following:

1) Chivas are missing 2 startrers to inthernational call up today
2) Chivas are missing 5 regulars due to injury today
3) Chivas are missing anither 2 regualrs due to suspensions (yellow Crads)
In total Chivas are missing 9 players today, the same as TFC
4) Chivas are playing on the road.

Is Chivas crying a river? Are they whing? NO, theat has been left to TFC and our supporters and Carver. We have become knowbn for that.

Toronto is missing 12 if you include injured players.

Roogsy
09-06-2008, 11:32 AM
So in between the two teams, between callups and injuries, there are 21 players missing. Please Giambac...continue excusing how missing 21 players is a mere drop in the bucket and not worth looking at and that coaches and managers should be blamed for it.

dannyd
09-06-2008, 12:09 PM

unless you're actually there to watch practice every day, lay off on whining about Carver's effort as a coach.

I see enough during game time... Carver losing control and focusing his efforts on officials instead of motivating his players and holding them accountable.

Don't get me wrong, I like Carver, but getting tired of his ramblings... every team in the league is playing by the same rules. Carver has better players than most teams in this league yet we are near the bottom of the table.

Instead of spending so much effort on things he has no control over, I wish he would worry about his players falling apart in the last few minutes of each game.

Ossington Mental Youth
09-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Wondering whether some people arent LA supporters on thsi forum after reading a few of these comments. Or whether Giambac has two accounts.

ag futbol
09-06-2008, 12:26 PM

No he's just doing it to distract from the fact he's been outcoached by two USL teams full of Canadians and is about 30 years behind in coaching attacking football.

Ossington Mental Youth
09-06-2008, 12:33 PM
No hes doing it because we are being screwed by the league and any good coach with any sense would step up and say its a ridiculous situation. What you guys are doing is focusing on Carver when it has nothing to do with him and everything to do with the MLS.

Ossington Mental Youth
09-06-2008, 12:36 PM
We get it, you dont like carver, you dont like mo, you dont like MLSE.
Start another thread about it or post in one of the millions that already exist.
This is about MLS not following the fifa calender and how it effects our team and every other team in the league. Its amateur and unnecessary.

ag futbol
09-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Right, and our manager knew exactly what the schedule and implications of that were a long time ago.

Keep buying the excuses these guys trot out and drink the cool-aid. I'll be deleting my account shortly because anyone with a decenting opinion around here is burnt at the steak.