PDA

View Full Version : Gerry Dobson and Craig Forrest or Nigel Reed and Jason deVos?

Axeman
09-06-2008, 12:21 AM
I Personally think both duos do a great job but who do you think are the better commentating team and why?

I don't know I like Nigel Reed(just for the authentic English accent) and Jason deVos but how do you vote against the Great Craig Forrest?:noidea:

tfc2007
09-06-2008, 12:33 AM
What i would like is Nigel Reed and Craig Forrest.

Axeman
09-06-2008, 12:40 AM
^nice. That's cool.:cool:

Ossington Mental Youth
09-06-2008, 01:54 AM

yep

but Reed and Devos is good too (nothing personal Gerry)

dannyd
09-06-2008, 07:02 AM
I want Andy Gray!!!

...seriously though, for me Dobson is #1, Devos #2, Forest #3 and Nigel Reed #4....

OneLoveOneEric
09-06-2008, 07:25 AM
Dobson and Forrest border upon unlistenable.

Rochdale
09-06-2008, 07:27 AM
I want Andy Gray!!!

...seriously though, for me Dobson is #1, Devos #2, Forest #3 and Nigel Reed #4....

If there's a bar in the booth Mr. Gray would be there.

ensco
09-06-2008, 07:42 AM
Luke Wildman and Asif Hossain

Shakes McQueen
09-06-2008, 07:46 AM
I would love to have Martin Tyler calling matches. :D

As for the current crew, Nigel and Jason - but only because of Nigel.

My ideal pairing would also be Nigel and Craig. Something about that English accent doing play by play that just sounds right.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
09-06-2008, 07:49 AM
Dobson and Forrest border upon unlistenable.

I like Gerry Dobson, and I think he is a knowledgeable football guy, but his skills in the booth are lacking. ESPECIALLY when play starts to pick up.

He just sounds like a small-time intramural sports announcer - uncomfortable delivery, and a voice not made for play-by-play. Just seems like RSN took the most knowledgeable soccer-man they had on staff, and threw him in the booth to save money.

- Scott

Eastend
09-06-2008, 08:35 AM
Reed and Dobson.....I can't stand Devos.

Why does Forrest always refer to the team as Toronto FC.....always says Toronto FC......why can't he just say Toronto?

TFCAce
09-06-2008, 09:06 AM
I like Nigel and Craig. Dobson is knowledgeable but doesn't have that authentic English voice. DeVos sounds like he is anti-TFC, always cutting them up. Kind of like Harry Neal with the Leafs.

SoccMan
09-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Sorry guys but I find Nigel to be very boring. He can make an exciting game seem boring. I think people think he is so good due to his English accent. However, when you compare him to English play by play guys that do the games back in England there is no comparison. I would take any of those English play by play guys that do the games we see from England in a heart beat over the ever so boring Nigel. Nigel = boring.

Richard D
09-06-2008, 04:41 PM
Nigel Reed and bag of pucks...

Vindaloo
09-06-2008, 04:45 PM
Nigel Reed on his own please.

TFC USA
09-06-2008, 05:18 PM
Nigel Reed and Craig Forrest. A world class team. :D

Reed and Devos in this case.

parrott114
09-06-2008, 05:19 PM
I vote for Nigel Reed and Craig Forrest

Pearce321
09-06-2008, 10:59 PM
TFC needs Ray Hudson :D

Alixir
09-07-2008, 03:49 PM
but how do you vote against the Great Craig Forrest?:noidea:
Forrest is a fuckin wanker and I can't stand listening to him.
He agrees with almost everything the officials call and he always comments about when he was a footballer.
Craig you were a shit footballer and you are a shit commentator.

*note* the opinions expressed in this presentation may not reflect the opinions of others, viewer descretion is advised.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-07-2008, 03:54 PM
for sure..

thisisinternetclash
09-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Dobson is absolutely pitiful. One of the worst play-by-play commentators on television. He's worse than the converted American baseball commentators that you come across talking over MLS highlights. I do quite like the other three, though.

Shakes McQueen
09-07-2008, 06:00 PM
Sorry guys but I find Nigel to be very boring. He can make an exciting game seem boring. I think people think he is so good due to his English accent. However, when you compare him to English play by play guys that do the games back in England there is no comparison. I would take any of those English play by play guys that do the games we see from England in a heart beat over the ever so boring Nigel. Nigel = boring.

But we aren't being asked to make a choice between Nigel Reed, and the English announceer of our choice.

- Scott

werewolf
09-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Forrest is a fuckin wanker and I can't stand listening to him.
He agrees with almost everything the officials call and he always comments about when he was a footballer.
Craig you were a shit footballer and you are a shit commentator.

*note* the opinions expressed in this presentation may not reflect the opinions of others, viewer descretion is advised.

its one thing to call him annoying, and disagree with his commentary...but shit player? By shit do you mean one of the best this country has ever produced?

Always agrees with the officials? Do you not listen to his rants during international games?

Shakes McQueen
09-07-2008, 06:08 PM
its one thing to call him annoying, and disagree with his commentary...but shit player? By shit do you mean one of the best this country has ever produced?

Always agrees with the officials? Do you not listen to his rants during international games?

Not to mention, Craig gets LIVID when clear penalties aren't called.

There seems to be a disconnect between Craig and Gerry at times - whereas Gerry always wants to stick to calling the match, Craig will start getting off on rants about diving, or poor officiating, or lack of quality play, haha.

You're crazy to call him a poor player though - Forrest was a tremendous keeper for Ipswich, for many years.

- Scott

Axeman
09-07-2008, 07:58 PM

You goddam right!
"Ateast the officals are being consistent tonight, consistently bad"
- Craig Forrest:canada: