PDA

View Full Version : Where are the Extreme Hardship signings?

canadian_bhoy
09-05-2008, 07:58 AM
Last season Mo was quite quick to take advantage of an MLS player pool that was available to teams experiencing "extreme hardships".

We used it to bring in Sam Reynolds last season when Sutton was concussed and Djkanovic wasn't ready for action.

Why are we not taking advantage of the same rule this year? I know we're bringing in that guy from Vancouver, but what about the MLS ExH player pool?

Opinions? Thoughts? Anyone have a better understanding of how this rule works and why we're not using it? BBTB - get over here and post damn you!!!!

Tintin
09-05-2008, 08:05 AM
I think thay took that canadian goalis Monsalve from that pool.

deschamp86
09-05-2008, 08:09 AM
Yes, Monsalve is technically part of that pool of players even though for the majority of the time he trains with TFC I believe.

Shakes McQueen
09-05-2008, 08:12 AM
They also apparently got a Vancouver Whitecaps defender (Kambere) on one-game loan.

- Scott

Ossington Mental Youth
09-05-2008, 08:12 AM
shouldnt have to use em. Judging by whats been said, it looks as if we are using as many young kids as possible and importing a few as well.
Should make for an interesting product on the field.

canadian_bhoy
09-05-2008, 08:14 AM
I seriously think we're going to win!

Mon you f**kin REDS!!!!!!

Tintin
09-05-2008, 08:15 AM
Yes, Monsalve is technically part of that pool of players even though for the majority of the time he trains with TFC I believe.

Yes, I think evry emergency pool players have a home base team that they train with but then can be pickup by any team when neede and approved. What wa that goilie lsat year wwho played one game and got hurt. We won that game...

hazy_venus
09-05-2008, 08:19 AM
^ I think the keeper you are thinking of is Sam Reynolds - He only played one game last year and came from the Emergency Pool

My question is are other postions available from the Emergency Pool or is it just Keepers?

arsenal
09-05-2008, 08:22 AM
^^ Emergency player pool is for keepers only. With the small roster sizes they accommodate teams with keeper as some teams only keep 2.

Shakes McQueen
09-05-2008, 08:22 AM
Pretty useless pool if it's only keepers, haha. How often do goalies get injured, or called up?

- Scott

nimamalek
09-05-2008, 08:25 AM
pitch invasion if we win :)

Tintin
09-05-2008, 08:28 AM
^ I think the keeper you are thinking of is Sam Reynolds - He only played one game last year and came from the Emergency Pool

My question is are other postions available from the Emergency Pool or is it just Keepers?

That's right! Thanks. He was actually good and then Dejan replaced him. I felt bad for that guy.

Chevy
09-05-2008, 08:32 AM
pitch invasion if we win :)

I'm There!

deschamp86
09-05-2008, 08:35 AM
Pretty useless pool if it's only keepers, haha. How often do goalies get injured, or called up?

- Scott

How many times have we dipped into this pool now?

Last year we used Reynolds and Monsalve for playing a couple of games, they also filled our bench. And we have Monsalve again.

I'd say its pretty useful.

Plus if Monsalve gets good experience doing this I'm sure we'll sign him in a few years anyways, this way he's not on our salary and he has possibilities of getting more game experience by playing with other clubs.

Wooster_TFC
09-05-2008, 10:48 AM
There are two emergency rules. If you don't have 2 keepers you are allowed to call one up from the keeper pool (in this case Monsalve).

As well, if you have less than 15 available, healthy players (keepers included), you are allowed to make emergency signings that I believe have nothing to do with roster numbers and nothing to do with the cap. In this case we used this rule to loan Kambere from Vancouver and signed Regan. That puts us at 15 or 16 I believe, so we can't get anything more.