PDA

View Full Version : Starting Eleven v Chivas

JDG
09-04-2008, 01:35 PM
With everyone going to Montreal, I suspect that not many have put a lot of thought into this.
With the depleted resources that Carver is working with, what's our starting 11 going to look like?

I'm not the guy that usually posts these things, and I'm not sure who Carver has been practising with.
Based on what I've read, he's practiced with 13 players, has called up David Monsalve, and may be adding Daiz Kambere(Vancouver Whitecaps) and Tim Regan(former NYRB, current TFC Scout) to the back line.
Here's what I'm guessing we'll have:

David Monsalve/Brian Edwards

Marco Velez----Diaz Kambere----Tim Regan

Kevin Harmse----Gabe Gala
Rohan Ricketts----Tyler Rosenlund----Joey Melo

Danny Dichio/Johann Smith/Derek Gaudet----Chad Barrett/Abdus Ibrahim

Tintin
09-04-2008, 01:41 PM
This is going to be a massacre! Edwards must be awsome and we must play evryone nehind the ball and lauch long balls to Barrett and hopeffully he capitilisez!!!

Wagner
09-04-2008, 01:43 PM
we're going to need to sing extra loud this weekend.

Roogsy
09-04-2008, 01:43 PM
Just shoot me right now.

If I were Carver, I would go for broke and just put out a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3. There is no way we should be fielding 4 defenders when only 1 is a starter. Just go out there and make a point of saying...you know what? We're gonna try to score some goals with these kids and hope for the best in the back.

Nuvinho
09-04-2008, 01:49 PM
since most people are going to Montreal.........I still hope it will be a sellout. The more voices heard, the better it is for our team to gain confidence.

Tintin
09-04-2008, 01:49 PM
Just shoot me right now.

If I were Carver, I would go for broke and just put out a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3. There is no way we should be fielding 4 defenders when only 1 is a starter. Just go out there and make a point of saying...you know what? We're gonna try to score some goals with these kids and hope for the best in the back.

I like your idea as weell. either play ultar defensive (my idea) or go broke. just don't be in between with a 4-4-2. That won't work.

Roogsy
09-04-2008, 01:51 PM
I like your idea as weell. either play ultar defensive (my idea) or go broke. just don't be in between with a 4-4-2. That won't work.

Make your lineup and then tell the kids:

"Listen...this is where you can make a name for yourselves. Go out there, leave it all on the pitch. Nobody is giving you a chance, prove them wrong!"

And then make them watch "Rudy"...

Nuvinho
09-04-2008, 01:53 PM
Rudy Rudy Rudy!!!

RPB_Brantford_08
09-04-2008, 01:56 PM
Just shoot me right now.

yes there is nothing to lose at this point....although the 3-4-3 would be
a better option....i bet a lot of the Cunny Haters would love to see him back now!!! Go you Reds!!!

egoodwin
09-04-2008, 01:57 PM
what about Johann Smith?

He should definitely start, maybe as an attacking mid in guevara's place

jloome
09-04-2008, 02:01 PM
If we play a 3-4-3 with only one experienced defender, we will be slaughtered.

We need four at the back, at least. We have enough defensively-minded players left to accomplish that, assuming the kids are all healthy and we play either Attakora or Harmse as centre half along with James.

This is the kind of game where you scrape for a draw, not go all out. The latter will just make it more lopsided than it already should be.

bangersandmash
09-04-2008, 02:01 PM
Why is everyone being so negative! Want to know what would happen if we fielded our starting 11 against chivas?! Think back 6 days. We're losing 9 guys who couldn't get it done.

This is slightly more extreme than last time, but the last time we lost people due to international duty we won 3-1. And don't forget that Chivas will be without Kljestan and someone else (sorry, can't recall his name).

Playing with heart and passion in the face of adversity can produce inspiring results. Don't believe me? Go ask anyone who played for Barnsley last year how it felt to be drawn with Chelsea in the 6th round of the FA Cup last year (and how it felt to win!). Give these guys a chance! Some of these guys are young Canadians and deserve our support.

Damien
09-04-2008, 02:03 PM
I'm actually excited to see this game... if we loose it's expected... but if we win, WOW! :D

TorontoBlades
09-04-2008, 02:03 PM
Ok Velez needs to play central. He also needs to have the biggest game of his career in the biggest club game of his career.

If he does, we win this game - remember that Chivas is shit anyways...

trane
09-04-2008, 02:06 PM

We need four at the back, at least. We have enough defensively-minded players left to accomplish that, assuming the kids are all healthy and we play either Attakora or Harmse as centre half along with James.

This is the kind of game where you scrape for a draw, not go all out. The latter will just make it more lopsided than it already should be.

Agree. I understand the sentiment of putting three at the back, due to our lack of depth and quality at back, but we would get slaughtered, I would filed some form of 5-3-2 of 5-4-1. But I know that is not the general though on the boards.

werewolf
09-04-2008, 02:08 PM
3 at the back with the model of inconsistency, a second division player and a scout....this game is going to be epic.

Don Julio
09-04-2008, 02:11 PM
We'll win. Book it.

JDG
09-04-2008, 02:14 PM
Guys, I was hoping someone would redo my layout. I don't think I'm right, I just wanted to get the ball rolling.

deschamp86
----------------Dichio----------Barrett-----------------
Smith-------------------Gaudet------------------Ricketts
----------------Rosenlund-------Harmse------------------
--------Kambere---------Velez-----------Regan-----------
------------------------Edwards-------------------------

trane
3 at the back with the model of inconsistency, a second division player and a scout....this game is going to be epic.

Well when you put it like that..... it sounds even worse. It is going to be funny. I agree with Damiiano it will be so bad it may be good.

JonO
09-04-2008, 02:16 PM

Last I heard, Attakora was injured, but I am not sure of his current status. We could play Gala at the back. I think I remember him getting some time back there last year and held his own (even though I prefer him in the midfield)

Nuvinho
09-04-2008, 02:16 PM

that looks good!!! Ibbe can come in for either Dichio or Barrett.

deschamp86
09-04-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm not gonna lie. I've been REALLY looking forward to this game. It will be the most interesting game all year lol.

trane

Good this is getting worse by the moment a back line ancord by Velez, please no I beg you.

invictusTFC
I believe that Gala has had some experience playing at LB...

and didn't Harmse play a number of games as a defender for the Galaxy?

Carts
Late in the game, if we're down a couple or more, we should have the kids on the pitch make a mockery of the match and get 3 or 4 straight, blatant red cards in a row...

Their "suspensions" won't matter because they don't play - and when a reporter asks Carver after the match what happened at the end, he can answer with "...what happened at the end of the match is as big a disgrace to the game as making us play today...I hope I got your f*cking attention now Garber...".

MLSE can step up and pay the fines to the players and Carver, and then hopefully the league will take notice...

What's better than us protesting? our players protesting by making the game a farce... (if we're down, if the kids sneak out a result, god bless them)...

Carts...

bangersandmash
09-04-2008, 02:21 PM
I'm hoping that someone can mark Esky out of the game. Kljestan is the engine of the Chivas midfield. If the sweet service disappears and Esky's not an option we could see the game shift to Chivas trying to shove the ball up one side of the field. That's easier to defend!

Heathen
09-04-2008, 02:53 PM
More like this...

The scalper with the grey mullet

David Miller----James Sharman----Natalie the 115 usher

Red Thunder the drum----A ball boy
Joe the owner of Shoeless----Rick Mercer----a Toronto Argo

the sacked Ice Cold Beer guy from Skydome----a bag of streamers

oh and Kevin Harmse on the bench :)

Technorgasm
09-04-2008, 02:58 PM
Just shoot me right now.

If I were Carver, I would go for broke and just put out a 3-5-2 or 3-4-3. There is no way we should be fielding 4 defenders when only 1 is a starter. Just go out there and make a point of saying...you know what? We're gonna try to score some goals with these kids and hope for the best in the back.is

THIS POST IS. .

DYN-O-MITE!

http://www.tmalliance.com/uploads/008050/dynomite.jpg

trane
09-04-2008, 03:01 PM
Ok new formation then.

-----------------------Keeper---------------------

------------------------CB------------------------

---DM-------------------DM-----------------DM---

RM-------------CM--------------CM-----------LM

----------------------S/AM----------------------

-----------------------DD------------------------

[ I am joking]

Technorgasm
09-04-2008, 03:01 PM
GARBER is such a fuck wit - I'm with Carts and his idea too. .

first. . just power forward see if we can get a strike to go through. . thn if all goes to pit. . a few reds cards and the message from JC.

I love it when a plan comes together.

Stencils
09-04-2008, 03:03 PM
Everyone just stand in the goal mouth for the entire game and scrape out a point.

Damien
09-04-2008, 03:05 PM
More like this...

The scalper with the grey mullet

David Miller----James Sharman----Natalie the 115 usher

Red Thunder the drum----A ball boy
Joe the owner of Shoeless----Rick Mercer----a Toronto Argo

the sacked Ice Cold Beer guy from Skydome----a bag of streamers

oh and Kevin Harmse on the bench :)

--------------God-----------Bhudda----------
-----Mohammed---Jesus----Moses----Ghandi-------
--------4 horsemen of the apacalypse----------
---------------Tom Cruise--------------------

trane
09-04-2008, 03:05 PM
In Crisis there is opportunity, as Homer ( Simpson ) said Crisetunity. We are in one now. Lets hope that we do something extraordinary it may turn thigs around.

Is this rock bottom?

trane
09-04-2008, 03:06 PM
--------------God-----------Bhudda----------
-----Mohammed---Jesus----Moses----Ghandi-------
--------4 horsemen of the apacalypse----------
---------------Tom Cruise--------------------

That is my kind of back line. There would be no yellow cards, only red from the blood of opposing strikers.

Heathen
09-04-2008, 03:09 PM
That is my kind of back line. There would be no yellow cards, only red from the blood of opposing strikers.

I won't make the obvious joke about Jesus

trane
09-04-2008, 03:11 PM
^ Please make it.

Heathen
09-04-2008, 03:13 PM
^ Please make it.

no good on crosses

Damien
09-04-2008, 03:14 PM
^ oh thats bad.

Heathen
09-04-2008, 03:15 PM
^ oh thats bad.

funnily enough that joke was my first ever post on the old board

Wooster_TFC
09-04-2008, 03:17 PM

If only Attakora wasn't hurt and James wasn't called up for T&T. And I thought you called yourself a journalist :p.

Hell, I think Todd Dunivant on one leg might be better than what we are putting out in our back line.

trane
09-04-2008, 03:17 PM
^ Hey this week bad is the TFC way.

ManUtd4ever
09-04-2008, 03:21 PM
As long as Dichio and Barrett are on the pitch, we have a fighting chance...

giambac
09-04-2008, 03:22 PM
we're going to need to sing extra loud this weekend.

Yeh sing your lungs out so I can hear you at home while I'm watching the world Cup qualifiers on tv.

I'm throwing my tickets for this tFC game out. My seats will be empty. It's not a protest to the league. I just don't think it is worth my time, my gas to go out and watch a pitiful team with or without their regulars.

Beach_Red
09-04-2008, 03:22 PM
Late in the game, if we're down a couple or more, we should have the kids on the pitch make a mockery of the match and get 3 or 4 straight, blatant red cards in a row...

Hmmmm, interesting strategy. Have you ever seen a movie called Slapshot?

;)

invictusTFC
09-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Yeh sing your lungs out so I can hear you at home while I'm watching the world Cup qualifiers on tv.

I'm throwing my tickets for this tFC game out. My seats will be empty. It's not a protest to the league. I just don't think it is worth my time, my gas to go out and watch a pitiful team with or without their regulars.

Will you be renewing your season tix for next year?

Heathen
09-04-2008, 03:25 PM

fuck yeah, he'll have nothing to bitch about on here otherwise

trane
09-04-2008, 03:27 PM
I hear Mo said that he has his eye on Ricky Little from Partik Thistle for a CB slot, but Ricky says that he will not play on turf.

Brooker
09-04-2008, 04:07 PM
Kambere & Regan..... I've never heard those names before...:noidea:

am i the only one?

jloome
09-04-2008, 04:41 PM
If only Attakora wasn't hurt and James wasn't called up for T&T. And I thought you called yourself a journalist :p.

Hell, I think Todd Dunivant on one leg might be better than what we are putting out in our back line.

How bad is it that very few of us even seem able to track who COULD play?

Who's still back there, then? Velez. Maybe Attakora will be fit by Saturday?

jloome
09-04-2008, 04:42 PM

Or he could be a non-selfish cunt and give them to someone who can't afford them.

Damien
09-04-2008, 04:49 PM
Kambere & Regan..... I've never heard those names before...:noidea:

am i the only one?

Kambere = on a 1 match loan from the whitecaps
Regan = our head scout, used to play in the MLS for NY

Redcoe15
09-04-2008, 06:58 PM
:willy_nilly:

jloome
09-04-2008, 07:06 PM
Ok, I don't think they have many choices of whom to play, so we might as well put the most creative midfield together we can and the most bruising defence, then pray.

-------------Edwards---------------
Rosenlund -- Velez--Harmse-- Gala

Ja Smith -- Ricketts--Gaudet -- Jo Smith

-------------Barrett--Dichio

Nuvinho
09-04-2008, 07:17 PM
No Jarrod Smith....he is gone to play for NZ.

btw, Sutton got released from Team Canada. So he COULD be available. It depends on when his wife is due.

JDG
09-04-2008, 07:29 PM
How bad is it that very few of us even seem able to track who COULD play?

Who's still back there, then? Velez. Maybe Attakora will be fit by Saturday?

Attakora has a torn cartilage. It'll take more than a week or two for him to be ready.

Carter
09-05-2008, 08:10 AM

I don't understand why you don't do both? Come to the game and cheer for the boys, and then join the crew after the game at Shoeless to cheer on the CMNT... As the World Cup qualifier does not start until 8pm. Quit being a douche and cheer on the BOYs...

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!

Oldtimer
09-05-2008, 09:33 AM
No Jarrod Smith....he is gone to play for NZ.

btw, Sutton got released from Team Canada. So he COULD be available. It depends on when his wife is due.

I'm okay with Edwards. He does less of those show-stopping saves, but on the other hand he doesn't have those lapses like Sutton occasionally has.

akoto
09-05-2008, 10:12 AM
I'm okay with Edwards. He does less of those show-stopping saves, but on the other hand he doesn't have those lapses like Sutton occasionally has.

I think Edwards should start even if Sutton is not with the NT. Sutton's head probably won't be in the game if his wife is expecting at any time. They said her due date was today so I doubt he would there anyways.

MUFC_Niagara
09-05-2008, 10:19 AM
honestly, i think some of these lads will seize the moment and step up....i am looking forward to seeing what happens, i am not looking forward to the crowd. 112 is gong to be a ghost town....

MUFC_Niagara
09-05-2008, 10:21 AM

you're posts are always the most rediculous, negative posts. honestly, its people like you that are ruining this forum....

Wooster_TFC
09-05-2008, 10:31 AM
Ok, I don't think they have many choices of whom to play, so we might as well put the most creative midfield together we can and the most bruising defence, then pray.

-------------Edwards---------------
Rosenlund -- Velez--Harmse-- Gala

Ja Smith -- Ricketts--Gaudet -- Jo Smith

-------------Barrett--Dichio

With the loan of Kambere, and the "signing" of Regan (which I assume is a one-game deal as well) I think you might actually see something like:

-------------Edwards--------------
-----Velez---Kambere----Regan----
------Harmse------Rosenlund------
Ibrahim------Ricketts------Jo Smith
--------Barrett-------Dichio-------

With a bench of: Gala, Melo, Monsalve, Gaudet, Elkinson

Although Sutton's been released from the CMNT, I doubt he'll be at TFCs game since it's probably for his wife's impending birth.

JonO
09-05-2008, 10:38 AM
I can't see Regan start over Gala. He'll probably be used as an emergency sub.

As for Sutton and his wife - can't see why he wouldn't be at the game (on the Bench at least). Unless his wife is scheduled for a c-section, these things don't exactly run on schedule and once she goes into loabour he'll most likely have plenty of time to get back. Depends on where he lives and which hospital he's at really...

TorontoBlades
09-05-2008, 10:39 AM
you're posts are always the most rediculous, negative posts. honestly, its people like you that are ruining this forum....

ruined

ochos
09-05-2008, 10:40 AM

That's right.. through thick and thin.. TFC til I die

Wooster_TFC
09-05-2008, 10:43 AM
I can't see Regan start over Gala. He'll probably be used as an emergency sub.

As for Sutton and his wife - can't see why he wouldn't be at the game (on the Bench at least). Unless his wife is scheduled for a c-section, these things don't exactly run on schedule and once she goes into loabour he'll most likely have plenty of time to get back. Depends on where he lives and which hospital he's at really...

The problem with Gala is I don't think they rate him as a fullback, I think they view him as a winger. Now, if you go 4 at the back, then Gala can slot in the LB position, but I don't know who goes to RB unless it's Regan. I don't think Gala would play very well with only 3 at the back.

As for Sutton, I doubt Canada would have released him just for him to play for TFC, IMO it was a request to be with his wife and he won't be at the game.

Roogsy
09-05-2008, 10:47 AM
I still think we should go all-out. They don't have the finish other teams have (so here our defence will be given a break) and frankly, I think they are expecting that TFC comes in and plays for the draw anyways and will prepare for that. Going FTW...they will be so discombobulated that it could give us an edge. We have been playing safe all year and look where it's gotten us. I think it's time we think differently.

trane
09-05-2008, 10:56 AM
^ For once I may not be completley against that tactic, due to how poor our defensive talent will be , at least on paper. On the offense we are OK with Ricketts, Barrett, Dichio, Ibrahim and the Smiths. We have a better chance of pining them back in their zone, then being able to absorb the attack. I say that only because of the players that are available.

Reddevil39
09-05-2008, 11:05 AM
I saw we call in Chuck Norris and Field just him. Score would be 100-1 for Chuck Norris. 1 goal for Chivas would be because he felt bad for scoring 100 goals on them, and thought it would be nice to let them have one.

Stouffville_RPB
09-05-2008, 11:10 AM
The starting 11 looks similar to my indoor team.

Derko
09-05-2008, 11:10 AM

I know you are just saying that to get a response, you told us that yourself in a previous thread. I bet you'll be there, just for the love of the game, isn't that right!!

And if you weren't going to go to the game, wouldn't it be more charitable to give your tickets to some kid who may be just dying to go to a TFC match at BMO. I certainly hope that the gesture of charity is not below your high and mighty stature, that you seem to be trying to put forward.
Arrogance does not become you. So stop trying to be arrogant, it's not working.lol

Wooster_TFC
09-05-2008, 11:17 AM
^ For once I may not be completley against that tactic, due to how poor our defensive talent will be , at least on paper. On the offense we are OK with Ricketts, Barrett, Dichio, Ibrahim and the Smiths. We have a better chance of pining them back in their zone, then being able to absorb the attack. I say that only because of the players that are available.

There's only 1 Smith available for this game, Jarrod got the call-up for NZ.

But, yes, our offensive portion looks much better than our defensive side. But you still have to defend...

TOBOR !
09-05-2008, 11:17 AM
what about Johann Smith?

3 or 4 stepovers and a goal kick.