PDA

View Full Version : Visual petition during next game(s) against mls

sweetlemon69
09-04-2008, 09:53 AM
Hey guys,

What do the RPB organizers think about getting some banners made, or some similar tifo, to petition against the MLS and it's very questionable decisions. Most recently about not allowing us to postpone the game... turning down signing from lower leagues, etc?

These are the kinds of things I would donate money to. Petitioning the large scale issues. I would even come to a rally of some sort. As i'm sure many of the not so hardcore RPB affiliates would. These are really serious issues, aside from Mo not scoring a forward, or our turf issues.

Shaughno
09-04-2008, 09:55 AM
How about a big banner...

Thanks MLS, for letting our kids play instead

TFCREDNWHITE
09-04-2008, 09:59 AM
How about a big banner...

Thanks MLS, for letting our kids play instead

I like it Shaughno! nice work..

Ossington Mental Youth
09-04-2008, 10:16 AM
Good idea guys, im into it

werewolf
09-04-2008, 10:21 AM
"The most expensive Reserve game I have ever been to"

Pachuco
09-04-2008, 10:29 AM
I can't be bothered to go to the game. And I won't be giving me tickets away or selling them. Partly because MLS is a bitch, partly because this team sucks, and partly because after raising ticket prices, MLSE needs to see some empty seats in the stadium.

SLBuu
09-04-2008, 10:35 AM
im sure when our boys look up to us for support in this obviously trying game they will love to see that banner........:rolleyes:

Shaughno
09-04-2008, 10:38 AM
^^ I also didn't pay to watch not even the reserves...

flatpicker
09-04-2008, 10:46 AM
Obviously we've been screwed over for this game.
But what's done is done.
I think our best course of action is to really rock the place on Saturday.
This is a great opportunity for the young guys to show what they've got.
The team is hurting, we need to boost their confidence with some big performances of our own.

MisterMacphisto
09-04-2008, 10:47 AM
I'm going to Canada game and not selling or giving away my 3 seats to this Saturdays game. My decision to protest both the MLS having a game missing 9 of our starters, but also after last weeks performance.

Don't worry though, the way things work with me, TFC will probably win 5-0 when I'm not there. :)

flatpicker
09-04-2008, 10:52 AM
come one people!
Your tickets are payed for... the only thing MLS is going to see is that the game is a sellout or close to it.
Some empty seats are not going to send them any kind of message.
This team will need all the help it can get this weekend!
Give your tickets to someone if you can't use them!!!!

There are a lot of good people in this forum that don't have tix and would happily take them off your hands!!

SLBuu
09-04-2008, 10:53 AM
^^ I also didn't pay to watch not even the reserves...

trust me.... i understand, im not all that happy about it either. But it almost seems like we're punishing the reserves with a banner like that when it really wasn't any of their fault.

im thinking we dont need to crap on their morale (not that we're doing it willingly), thats all.

GhostPK
09-04-2008, 11:01 AM
I think a banner directed specificly and only to the MLS would be sufficient. The reserves shouldnt have to suffer because of the MLS nor because of the lack of finishing on our starting 11.

Not going to the game because your disheartened is simply crap. I would LOVE to go to a game at BMO, but im stuck in BC. You have tickets.... go support the team or dont bother to renew your tix next year.

TicTacTabarnack
09-04-2008, 11:07 AM
How about a public hanging of a Don Garber mannequin? (too much?)

"Don Garber's Crime: Questionable Decision Making for Not Respecting FIFA dates like EVERY OTHER LEAGUE IN THE WORLD!!!"

Pachuco
09-04-2008, 11:14 AM
come one people!
Your tickets are payed for... the only thing MLS is going to see is that the game is a sellout or close to it.
Some empty seats are not going to send them any kind of message.
This team will need all the help it can get this weekend!
Give your tickets to someone if you can't use them!!!!

There are a lot of good people in this forum that don't have tix and would happily take them off your hands!!

I disagree. I spend about $100 a game between my wife and I on alcohol, merchandise and food. Believe me, MLSE cares about empty seats. Either way, this is a decision I've made for myself, I'm not asking anyone to join me. I sure will feel good about my seats being empty though, I'm typically the loudest in 109 by far.

As for supporting this team and being the loudest we've ever been, don't we do that every single game? look where that's got us!! This team, MLS and MLSE does not deserve my support, even if it's just for 1 game.

rocker
09-04-2008, 11:29 AM
i'm with the people who say we should support the team.

how many times have I heard people complain about how Mojo signs "old" players...??
how many times have I heard people complain about how the youth, particularly Canadians, don't get a chance...???
how many times have I heard people complain about those poor development players getting paid McDonalds wages....??

and then you decide to protest the game by staying away? Nice gesture to the young kids... I guess some people want it both ways.. they want the youth movement, they want these kids to get paid more, but they don't actually want to see them on the field. Just stay in the background ... we only want to see you once in a while, and never more than 1 kid on the field at once ;)

I'll be there to support the kids plus some pretty good players in Chad Barrett, Danny Dichio, Ibby, and Rohan Ricketts.

Maybe those kids along with them will surprise you....

If you dislike the fact that MLS won't move the game, I agree with you on that. There's many ways this disapproval could be shown. But to disrespect the kids by staying away is bullshit.

I paid to watch TFC. I don't remember reading in my STH contract that I had approval on who would play. There's always risk there. I come to see my city's team; I don't stay away when players are gone.

And what if they win the game? i will be proud.

werewolf
09-04-2008, 11:31 AM
"mls>fifa"

RPB_Brantford_08
09-04-2008, 11:39 AM
I can't be bothered to go to the game. And I won't be giving me tickets away or selling them. Partly because MLS is a bitch, partly because this team sucks, and partly because after raising ticket prices, MLSE needs to see some empty seats in the stadium.

theres a fan of the team:rolleyes::eek:

v00d00daddy
09-04-2008, 11:40 AM
I think it's unfortunate that this shit is happening at this point in the season. People are pissed with the teams play. People are pissed about the schedule conflict and people are pissed with things like price increases, mismanagement of the team and fake grass.

Add all of this up and you get a big chunk of TFC supporters upset about something. (and rightfully so if you ask me). I just think it sucks that our reserves are going to feel the brunt of it.

That being said, I hope they know that it's not about disrespecting them. It's just hard for some people to get amped up for a game that:

a) means nothing because we're out of the playoff race
b) is going to be very hard to watch with the lack of quality players
c) is on the same day that Canada is playing a WC qualifier

Personally I would like to cheer on the reserves but there is too much other negative shit going on to be upset about.

I think cheering louder than ever will send two messages:

1-We're behind our team 100%, 100% of the time.
2-We will put up with anything and are easy to ignore and walk over.

I for one, do not want anyone to get the impression that we are like #2.

LucaGol
09-04-2008, 11:44 AM
Banner says at the the top.....

Garber Ruining the Credibility of the League

http://blog.kir.com/archives/images/alfred_e_neuman.jpg

BigLou
09-04-2008, 11:46 AM
I am with Flat on this one. I dont have seasons tickets and I understqand many people are gonna be in Montreal for this game. I couldnt afford to go to montreal and I want to be there on Saturday to cheer on our young boys even with so many RPB brothers absent. If anyone has any 112 tickets or close they would be willing to sell me I would be very appreciative. We should be focused on amping up our support for a game like this, its not Nana's fault that MLS is a joke.
TORONTO TILL I DIE!!!!

Oblio2
09-04-2008, 11:48 AM
I can't wait to read people's reactions on here if we actually do win.

Probably complain that it wasn't attractive football....and want a protest :)

RPB_Brantford_08
09-04-2008, 11:49 AM
I think it's unfortunate that this shit is happening at this point in the season. People are pissed with the teams play. People are pissed about the schedule conflict and people are pissed with things like price increases, mismanagement of the team and fake grass.

Add all of this up and you get a big chunk of TFC supporters upset about something. (and rightfully so if you ask me). I just think it sucks that our reserves are going to feel the brunt of it.

That being said, I hope they know that it's not about disrespecting them. It's just hard for some people to get amped up for a game that:

a) means nothing because we're out of the playoff race
b) is going to be very hard to watch with the lack of quality players
c) is on the same day that Canada is playing a WC qualifier

Personally I would like to cheer on the reserves but there is too much other negative shit going on to be upset about.

I think cheering louder than ever will send two messages:

1-We're behind our team 100%, 100% of the time.
2-We will put up with anything and are easy to ignore and walk over.

I for one, do not want anyone to get the impression that we are like #2.

we are NOt out of the playoff race..although with the situation this weekend..its does not help the cause. quality players, Barrett, Ricketts,
Marshall , Wynne, Sutton, Jarrod Smith, Ibby, are they not quality?
cant blame TFC for the canada date our schedule was out first the CSA should have changed their date, with TFCs game being more important, well to me anyways. The reserves might just surprise you, like they did in Colorado...keep the faith and after all its Chivas, not the Dynamo, NE, CHI, etc so we might have caught a break there..

AL-MO
09-04-2008, 11:57 AM
we are NOt out of the playoff race..although with the situation this weekend..its does not help the cause. quality players, Barrett, Ricketts,
cant blame TFC for the canada date our schedule was out first the CSA should have changed their date, with TFCs game being more important, well to me anyways. The reserves might just surprise you, like they did in Colorado...keep the faith and after all its Chivas, not the Dynamo, NE, CHI, etc so we might have caught a break there..

We shall see I guess.

BTW - your signature should read YOU'RE not YOUR

Ossington Mental Youth
09-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Think its a bit dumb to punish our team for the doings of the League and Garber.

Oblio2
09-04-2008, 11:59 AM
Watch out:

It's the Grammar Police! :eek:

Ossington Mental Youth
09-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Also positive that MLSE is not pleased about the situation and has no control over the situation. Dont understand the logic behind staying away from the game.

Ossington Mental Youth
09-04-2008, 12:02 PM
I can't wait to read people's reactions on here if we actually do win.

Probably complain that it wasn't attractive football....and want a protest :)

HA
and to hang Carver and Mo

brad
09-04-2008, 12:03 PM

Sutton will be with Canada, Smith with New Zealand, Marshall will probably be with Jamaica.

cant blame TFC for the canada date our schedule was out first the CSA should have changed their date, with TFCs game being more important, well to me anyways. .

Can't blame the CSA either. This weekend is dedicated to FIFA World Cup Qualifying, all real leagues suspend play. I doubt the CSA had any control over the date. If they did, why would they move it and miss out on having DeGuzman, Hume, Stalteri, ect. Their leagues are off this weekend.

Pachuco
09-04-2008, 12:05 PM
Also positive that MLSE is not pleased about the situation and has no control over the situation. Dont understand the logic behind staying away from the game.

MLSE has no control over ticket prices? MLSE has no control over putting a good team on the pitch for us to see (All year long)?

If you read my post you'd know that those are big reasons as to why I won't be going to the game and my seats will be empty.

MisterMacphisto
09-04-2008, 12:06 PM
Think its a bit dumb to punish our team for the doings of the League and Garber.

Trying to make a point so we don't have to always lose our top players during international play does not equal punishing our team.

Oldtimer
09-04-2008, 12:16 PM
i'm with the people who say we should support the team.

how many times have I heard people complain about how Mojo signs "old" players...??
how many times have I heard people complain about how the youth, particularly Canadians, don't get a chance...???

I'm with you. Our Canadian kids deserve our 100% support. It's not about MLS, it's about letting them have us behind them.

Shaughno
09-04-2008, 12:24 PM
Trying to make a point so we don't have to always lose our top players during international play does not equal punishing our team.

Exactly, our team is already being punished by playing Saturday.

sweetlemon69
09-04-2008, 12:25 PM
I think a banner directed specificly and only to the MLS would be sufficient. The reserves shouldnt have to suffer because of the MLS nor because of the lack of finishing on our starting 11.

This. I really think we should protest towards the MLS ONLY. Goto the games. Last thing we need is MLSE thinking their cash cow is crap, then stop putting money into it. We gotta protest the root of the problem, the MLS and Garber that knob Gobler.

In all seriousness, what would it take to get one of those awesome banners made, like the one about Rienna being a has-been. I will 100% donate.

SLBuu
09-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Im definitely not happy about the situation and im in support of some kind of showing but like GhostPK said, it should be geared toward the MLS not our players on the field.

Ossington Mental Youth
09-04-2008, 12:47 PM
MLSE has no control over ticket prices? MLSE has no control over putting a good team on the pitch for us to see (All year long)?

If you read my post you'd know that those are big reasons as to why I won't be going to the game and my seats will be empty.

One has nothing to do with the other in this thread.
In this thread the protest (or banner or whatever) is to protest MLS refusing to allow the game to be postponed.

Sure MLSE put 9 internationals on our team that are good enough to play for their national teams. If anything that is a good thing, something most teams strive to do. The fact they havent done well recently is something to be concerned with, however this thread has nothing to do with it. Revisit one of the billion threads that have been posted with that as the topic. There are alot of people that will agree/disagree and will be willing to discuss at great length this.

Ossington Mental Youth
09-04-2008, 12:50 PM
Find one message to push/cause to protest, and protest it.
Otherwise it becomes convaluded and the people protesting (or whatever) do not get the message across. Im for sending a message to the MLS, im not for sending a message to MLSE.

giambac
09-04-2008, 12:55 PM

I'm not going to the game either.

Why owuld I???

Saturday is a dy full of football - World Cup qualifiers, Italy, Portugal, England, canada etc etc etc. There will be alot of great football on the tube.

Why would anyone go to BMO to watch TFC and their bench warmers. I wouldn't go even if it was the regular players. The way they hav ebeen playing they should be playing in an empty stadium.

giambac
09-04-2008, 01:00 PM
ANOTHER PROTEST?
ANOTHER PETITION?

When will this end????

How about a Bannner that reads

WE the TFC Fans are the BIggest complainers in the league
We like to complain about everything and anything except our team which plays like shit.

Pyeddo
09-04-2008, 01:07 PM
We like to complain about everything and anything except our team which plays like shit.

lol...

Dave67
09-04-2008, 01:14 PM

Why did you use caps for the first WE and not for the second... Sorry I needed to complain about something :)

Ossington Mental Youth
09-04-2008, 01:19 PM
we complain when our team plays like shit.
we just dont agree why our team plays like shit.
Then people complain about that.

SLBuu
09-04-2008, 01:19 PM
Bahhhh!

Kickit09
09-04-2008, 01:23 PM
the reserves and the kids already got their chance in the independente game. i don't feel like seeing the B & C team again at first team prices again. you can add 2 empty seats in the south end to the list..... at least WCQ are on this weekend. something to look forward to.

SLBuu
09-04-2008, 01:24 PM
Why do snazzleberries taste like snazzleberries?

that, i would like the answer too!!

Richard D
09-04-2008, 02:42 PM
Im going to fart in a ziplock bag and throw it on Carver during the game... hopefully it pops...

SLBuu
09-04-2008, 02:43 PM
^^^ AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA LMAO!!!

thats just brilliant!

werewolf
09-04-2008, 02:46 PM
ANOTHER PROTEST?
ANOTHER PETITION?

When will this end????

When will it start? we have had one attempt at a protest that didn't work.

Tintin
09-04-2008, 02:48 PM
HA
and to hang Carver and Mo

We have no chance of winning. i will give 10 to one odds!

Mikey
09-04-2008, 03:43 PM
This used to be a TFC SUPPORTERS forum, not whiney twats anonymous.

I'll be at the game to cheer on whoever pulls on the red shirt and runs out onto the field and gives it 100%.

No one gives a crap if you turn up or not, you already paid for your ticket dumbasses.

what a bunch of fucking whiners! This site needs an enema.

jayeden
09-04-2008, 04:43 PM
I won't be going to the game and my seats will be empty.

great support...

why are you even a part of this group?

GabrielHurl
09-04-2008, 04:45 PM
Is the Members only forum a lot better than this?

If so - I'd gladly pay the $25

james
09-04-2008, 04:46 PM

ya shows what a great supporter you are. Sounds like a bandwagon jumper to me.

Not using those tickets isnt gonna solve any of the problems above!

Fort York Redcoat
09-04-2008, 04:50 PM
great support...

why are you even a part of this group?

yeah the real supporters stay home to protest on the board and slag protests.:banghead:

james
09-04-2008, 04:50 PM
i agree about how we all have a reason to be mad that MLS wouldnt postpone the match. But so many people on here are just going in the wrong direction to get your messae across.

Can someone please tell me how not using your tickets, not supporting your players, having banners insulting are players gonna effect MLS management decision not to postpone this match? to me we are just hurting are own club who are also mad at MLS for not postponing the match.

Fort York Redcoat
09-04-2008, 05:14 PM
yes but going to the game as usual gets no message across either. We can support our coach's opinion without insulting our substitute team but there's not much time to do it...

james
09-04-2008, 05:32 PM
only way i see making any sense is making a Banner directed towars MLS.....not are team or players. Just not showing up doesn't do anything either becuase what the fuck do they care its a sell out. And you will most likely be back the following home match at BMO anyways.

gtaguy
09-04-2008, 05:35 PM

hate to say it but there are a ton of ppl out there that would come to this game just for the sake of being there..
what the mls has done is wrong and not right by us the supporters but look at their mentality when they say this would set a precedent..

MLS needs to fine tune thier rules, get into the act of allowing world qualifying games to happen without hurting the clubs .. In our case it hurts becuase not only do we loan our CANADIAN BOYS OUT . we have to loan the multitude of foreign players playing for us.. We need more players and depth to get us over these hard situations....

Maybe MO JO should have seen this coming when he signed us some international players..

don't knock me for seeing it the way it is.. :confused:

james
09-04-2008, 05:35 PM
that or we just make a bunch of chants directed to MLS and hope they can here us....but might be hard with all those empty seats!

sweetlemon69
09-04-2008, 05:39 PM
ANOTHER PROTEST?
ANOTHER PETITION?

When will this end????

How about a Bannner that reads

Spoken like a person who's just started liking soccer in the past 2 years because it's cool. I personally have played all my life, and have been waiting for this, a real professional, respected club. I will do anything I can to make sure this club stays, and succeeds. Go buy your beer and hotdog and take a seat.

I would be more than willing to donate 50 to 100 bucks. Who around here creates the banners?

jloome
09-04-2008, 05:46 PM
Spoken like a person who's just started liking soccer in the past 2 years because it's cool. I personally have played all my life, and have been waiting for this, a real professional, respected club. I will do anything I can to make sure this club stays, and succeeds. Go buy your beer and hotdog and take a seat.

I would be more than willing to donate 50 to 100 bucks. Who around here creates the banners?

Actually, although he IS a fucking idiot, Giambac is a huge soccer fan and a coach, too, I believe.

MisterMacphisto
09-04-2008, 06:21 PM
Can someone please tell me how not using your tickets, not supporting your players, having banners insulting are players gonna effect MLS management decision not to postpone this match? to me we are just hurting are own club who are also mad at MLS for not postponing the match.

I don't agree with insulting banners.

However, I can't believe it has to be spelled out why MLS would not care about empty seats in the stands, especially in their "Golden Egg" that is Toronto, and having upset fans. I mailed Don Garber over a week ago that I would not be attending this match if they did not postpone it. Does anyone really think MLS wouldn't care about lower attendance, especially if they know its attributed to a specific reason?

Is it just a coincidence that the deputy commissioner just issued a public statement on the matter?

MLS Deputy Commissioner Ivan Gazidis assures supporters that the league will continue to work to find ways to avoid schedule conflicts. "Like many other soccer leagues that play a summer schedule, MLS plays a number of games on international fixture dates and we understand that this produces challenges for all of our teams," said Gazidis. "We continue to work with the most experienced and knowledgeable people in the game to find practical ways to minimize conflicts, but it is not yet possible to avoid them all. As we build more of our own stadiums and as our fans become more avid, more practical options present themselves and we will once again be reviewing the situation in preparing the 2009 schedule."

I find it ironic that some of the most bitching and complaining I read here is about people bitching about, "Oh, another protest.... Oh, now complaints about this." Can someone tell me a single fucking protest that has been actually followed through?

I support and care about Toronto FC more than most people care about their mothers. So if you question my TFC support, you can go fuck yourself.. hard. I won't be a sheep who is just going to go to every game and cheer no matter what the circumstance is with the league and the team. I have missed one Toronto FC home game in my life, and if I've had extra tickets, I always make sure they lend up in supporters hands at face value, and in many cases in exchange for a pint.

But forcing a professional sports team to play a game missing 9.... nine... FUCKING 9 of their players? What other professional football league in the world would supporters put up with this? I'm sorry, but for me personally, I have to give a big fuck you to the league on this game, and the way I chose to do that is not attend this game and let them know I am not attending this game. See, if I have to spell it out, if the league thinks they can have a schedule where 20,000 people end up paying for essentially a reserve game, and they will just show up and cheer anyways, because that's what they do in Toronto... no matter what they just show up......... Then they truly won't give a shit what we whine about and why would they care about catering to support the international schedule like almost every other reputable soccer league in the world?

Will Toronto lose this next game because of it? If cheering alone would help us win, we would be gunning for the fucking Supporters Shield and in the CONCACAF Champions League right now. We have been doing our part.

I will be cheering for Toronto FC for years to come. Until I die in fact. But in these early years of this team, and league I think some battles over the big picture are worth truly actually fighting for (Instead of just talking about and doing nothing). I don't want TFC to EVER have to field a team of reserves again. In the end, in my opinion, that's more support to the club than just blindly cheering and attending games no matter what the circumstance. Believe me, I'd love to go to the game on Saturday, and if I wasn't going, I've love to recoup the money I paid for those tickets to help go to Montreal to support the CMNT. Its what I live for and I obviously don't fault anyone who is going to the game on Saturday.

v00d00daddy
09-04-2008, 06:22 PM
It's incredible how rude some of you guys can be. I don't always agree with Giambac, and I almost never agree with how he gets point across, but I don't think it's necessary to call him an idiot.

If he doesn't want to go to the game, it's his choice. Get over yourselves. You act as if it's a slap in the face to you. Some of you guys think that you are on this fucking team. You're not. Stop taking things personally. If somebody is angry with the team, let them be angry.

Some of you guys think it's okay to tell somebody that they're not a true supporter. That's garbage. Everybody supports the team in their own way.

It does TFC no good if you guys try to alienate people because they don't think the same way you do. What happened to All for One?

They only thing required to prove that you are a TFC supporter is that you want the team to succeed. That's it.

What we're all arguing about is what should be done to make the team successful, and that's fine. That's what we SHOULD be talking about.

When you go around thinking that people need to measure up to your standard of support it's childish. It makes people look like elitists and it shows a serious element of insecurity.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-04-2008, 06:34 PM
This used to be a TFC SUPPORTERS forum, not whiney twats anonymous.

I'll be at the game to cheer on whoever pulls on the red shirt and runs out onto the field and gives it 100%.

No one gives a crap if you turn up or not, you already paid for your ticket dumbasses.

what a bunch of fucking whiners! This site needs an enema.

the real tFC supporters will be there, cheering as you say whoever pulls on the red/gray shirt. we will get points..

MisterMacphisto
09-04-2008, 06:46 PM
the real tFC supporters will be there, cheering as you say whoever pulls on the red/gray shirt. we will get points..

Actually, many, many of us like the RPB president will be cheering TFC's Captain and our #1 goalie helping the CMNT qualify for the World Cup. :)

We will be watching the game in Montreal live on TV though. ;)

giambac
09-04-2008, 07:30 PM

Send me the $50-$100 and I will creat the banner for you. It will read in big dark red letters

We are the TFC Supporters
WE Like to bitch and whinen about everything and anything other than how shit our team plays

Phil
09-04-2008, 07:49 PM
Yet another thread that has gone off the rails.