PDA

View Full Version : Anyone disappointed in Jimmy?

Bobo
09-02-2008, 05:31 PM
For leaving to play for the NT? I mean, he's well aware of the squad situation and last year he did decide to stay. Carver would certainly appreciate him more than Mitchell will. I admit, I am a little disappointed in our captain.

Ossington Mental Youth
09-02-2008, 05:33 PM
Im disappointed in the whole team as of late.
Sauve Ruiz, he hasnt had a chance to disappoint yet.
Cant say i hold a grudge against Jimmy, im certain he doesnt have much of a choice (play for the nats now or never again)

MG42
09-02-2008, 05:34 PM
For leaving to play for the NT? I mean, he's well aware of the squad situation and last year he did decide to stay. Carver would certainly appreciate him more than Mitchell will. I admit, I am a little disappointed in our captain.

World Cup Qualifier...I don't hold it against him.

Cambridge_Red
09-02-2008, 05:34 PM
This season is pretty much a lost cause at this point... Canada stands a decent chance still of qualifying... I admit it sucks considering its our Captain, but I think I will let Jim off with this one.

ManUtd4ever
09-02-2008, 05:35 PM
I think Jimmy's making the right call. I just hope he's actually utilized or it will seem like a waste. I don't think his presence alone would make a substantial difference this weekend anyway given all of the other team absences...

Kickit09
09-02-2008, 05:35 PM
he'll do a fine job on the bench again

H Bomb
09-02-2008, 05:36 PM
He's serving his country. An honour and privilege that not many get and should always accept gratefully. I'd wonder what was wrong with him if he didn't go.

rocker
09-02-2008, 05:36 PM
i'm not disappointed... both are important but it would be hard to turn down his country.
i'll be pissed at Mitchell for not playing him tho.. what a fuckin waste that would be.
i thought klukowski was just "OK" in that jamaica game.. Jimmy with his experience should have come in at least if not started.

Blizzard
09-02-2008, 05:40 PM

It's World Cup Qualifying. It's the big enchalada! last year it was only the Gold Cup.

I'm not disappointed at all. Sure we could use him but this will be his last chance at a World Cup and if he doesn't play now, he'll not have the chance in the future.

alexintoronto
09-02-2008, 05:42 PM
Would Beckham play with the Galaxy instead of going to help England in WCQ? It's a question that to me belittles Canada's National Team. Of course he should go to the WCQ. If it was a playoff game for TFC - then this would be a good question.

CoachGT
World Cup Qualifying is a non-issue - he's got to go! But if I was Dale Mitchell I'd be wary if Jimmy doesn't get on to the pitch this time.......

deschamp86
If Jimmy keeps turning down offers to play for the NT, there will be no room for him when they are in South Africa *knock on wood*. Currently Klukowski is rated above him for starting LB. If he wants a chance to play in the World Cup, sacrafices have to be made.

Bobo
Thing is, he wasn't used at all in Toronto, people think he'll see time in Montreal? To me, Mitchell made a real statement against Jamaica.

joel
09-02-2008, 05:43 PM
If you should be disappointed in anything, it's the MLS for forcing players to make the club vs. country decision.

ManUtd4ever
09-02-2008, 05:52 PM
If you should be disappointed in anything, it's the MLS for forcing players to make the club vs. country decision.

QFT!

TFC USA
09-02-2008, 06:01 PM
I know, where would you rather head?

A Toronto FC team that may not win another game the rest of the season but are still fine because there is no relegation battle.

OR

A national side trying to qualify for the World Cup?

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-02-2008, 06:08 PM
The problem with our national team was always that we never had time to train together before matches. The best nations in the world call up players well before the match itself, I have no problem with Brennan leaving to train with Canada. We need this win very, very badly.

Bluenose13
09-02-2008, 06:10 PM
He's serving his country. An honour and privilege that not many get and should always accept gratefully. I'd wonder what was wrong with him if he didn't go.Exactly.......Agree 100%

Toronto Ruffrider
09-02-2008, 06:19 PM
Good on Jimmy answering the call. He did TFC a solid by not playing in last year's Gold Cup; now it's time for the club to repay the favour.

FWIW, I hope that Jimmy gets at least some playing time in Montreal. I know that Kluk is the favoured left back, but Canada could really use a guy like Jimmy attacking down the left flank. Perhaps Jimmy will be a late-game substitution, much like how he was subbed in for the second half of the St. Vincent game.

Red Patch CA
09-02-2008, 06:34 PM
Never will be disappointed in Jimmy. First on the team; first in our hearts.:)

I guess only one person is disappointed.

joesoccerfan
09-02-2008, 06:34 PM
I am appalled at the suggestion that a player should ever pick club over country.

TorCanSoc
09-02-2008, 06:37 PM
Wasn't Jimmy the always the left half player. I remember Hastings as the favoured leftback. But maybe that's dating myself, either way the CMNT hasn't played a lot for me to remember the players!

Jimmy's class we all know that. I think he's a more effective left-half than a left back, with CMNT or TFC.

deschamp86
09-02-2008, 06:38 PM
Thing is, he wasn't used at all in Toronto, people think he'll see time in Montreal? To me, Mitchell made a real statement against Jamaica.

If every player felt that way Canada would have no subs. You can't always please everybody, some people just have to be patient and they'll get their chance. However Klukowski played garbage last game and Jimmy should have been played ahead of him.

Toronto Ruffrider
09-02-2008, 06:43 PM
Wasn't Jimmy the always the left half player. I remember Hastings as the favoured leftback. But maybe that's dating myself, either way the CMNT hasn't played a lot for me to remember the players!

Jimmy's class we all know that. I think he's a more effective left-half than a left back, with CMNT or TFC.

Jimmy has wavered between the two positions, but I think Canada's midfield is too stacked to include him in that part of the pitch now (not a bad problem to have:D). Even at LB, Jimmy is a threat moving down the left flank.

RedLion
09-02-2008, 08:22 PM
He's serving his country. An honour and privilege that not many get and should always accept gratefully. I'd wonder what was wrong with him if he didn't go.

Dead right.
This league is such a joke at times. How they can ignore the FIFA World Cup qualifiers is beyond ridiculous.

Good on Jimmy for answering the call. He's making the right choice. It's just a retarded situation that puts him into the position of making a choice at all.

giambac
09-02-2008, 09:15 PM

Country first

MLS team a distant second.

I would not respect a player if he was called to play for his country and turned it down

Besides, Canada needs the win. It is a critical match and they need all the players.

TFC on the other hand are just riding out the season. The players mailed it in back in June. This saturday's agme vs Chivas is a nothing game. they aren't going anywhere.

professor
09-02-2008, 09:32 PM
Country before club

Well in Jim,

here's hopin Mitchell remembers he's got options

TFC-Tyler
09-02-2008, 09:57 PM
For playing for his country?

I'd be disappointed in him if he didnt.

windsorlad111
09-02-2008, 10:32 PM
hmmmm... chance of getting your country to the world cup, or giving that up for a typical coin toss of a performance with TFC... let me think....

.. and yes I'll be at BMO Saturday screaming my lungs out

David_Oliveira
09-02-2008, 10:47 PM
This has got to be the most retarded thread started here as of late. THE biggest honor that is bestowed upon any player is to play for your country. If you are called, you go. Mods close this.

Axeman
09-02-2008, 10:54 PM
I think it's wrong to question his captaincy based on playing(hopefully) for Canada.
I think he's a great captain.