PDA

View Full Version : New Supporters Sections For 2009

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-02-2008, 04:33 PM
Old news?:noidea: Sections 111, 119, 127, and the top half of 110

anyway...i hope it weeds out the ones who dont want to stand during the game...and are relocated to an area of there where they are more suited!!

Personally id like to see another level top the SOUTHEND!! :)

Good call on TFC's part!

We want to make sure that our house remains a place that can be enjoyed by everyone, and also allows like-minded fans to support our club together in their own way. After a lot of thought and a lot of feedback, we’ve decided to designate more sections at BMO Field as ‘Supporters Sections’. Our definition of a 'Supporters Section' is an area where standing throughout match play is allowed, as well as the use of flags, banners, drums and streamers. Therefore, in addition to Sections 112 through 118, Sections 111, 119, 127, and the top half of 110 allow this behaviour for 2009 and beyond. All other sections will be expected to remain seated throughout the games, unless match play suggests otherwise.
These changes will affect a lot of our fans. It’s important for those that may want to sit in these sections to understand that their view may be obstructed during match play, and maybe this isn’t the spot for you. Don’t worry, we have plenty of other areas in the stadium may be a better fit, including our Family Section in 227 if you have young children.
To those that are in the newly designated Supporters Sections and are excited for this change - make us proud! As a reminder though, in addition to the rules that are in place in the BMO Field Code of Conduct, all flags, banners, drums and streamers require permission from the Toronto FC Front Office before they can be used on match days, and they can’t be brought into the stadium through the gates.
If you have any question about this new policy, and how it will affect you, please call us at 416-360-GOAL (4625), or contact your Account Executive directly.

Brooker
09-02-2008, 04:35 PM
i think i saw this talked about on the weekend or something.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
09-02-2008, 04:36 PM
i think i saw this talked about on the weekend or something.

ok...

Move if needed!!:)

profit89
09-02-2008, 06:08 PM
this is good news

RedLion
09-02-2008, 08:30 PM
Great news! Was there a thread about this? I must have missed it. Wonder what row "top half" of 110 goes to.

stretchthetruth
09-02-2008, 08:33 PM
My guess is it will start at row 20, since that is the row where the cheaper seats start...

RedLion
09-02-2008, 08:37 PM
^thanks.
I have a half season pack in 110 and it's been great so far - always standing and pretty good atmosphere. Right in front of us is hit and miss - scalped seats I think.

JDG
09-02-2008, 08:41 PM
^thanks.
I have a half season pack in 110 and it's been great so far - always standing and pretty good atmosphere. Right in front of us is hit and miss - scalped seats I think.

Not Scalped - they're designated as "Group Sales" seats, and if a group doesn't buy them, the seats are released to the box office.

RedLion
09-02-2008, 08:44 PM
Ah, I see. That explains a lot, actually. Often lots of empty seats and people in baseball gear etc.

stretchthetruth
09-02-2008, 08:46 PM
i wish they'd made the change effective immediately... ah well lots of time to get flags and banners organized for next year i guess...

kitchener-TFC
09-02-2008, 08:48 PM
Does anyone know if the general support sections are getting larger in terms of supporters?

adampz
09-02-2008, 08:56 PM
probably not.

Dave67
09-03-2008, 07:57 AM
For 110 it starts at row 20. We talked to Paul about this last season after about 5 games. Paul came up and sat with us a while and tried to understand the complaints coming around standing. It was then that myself, Butcha, Oblio2 & Deltox tried to explain the different price points within the stadium and that the lower priced seats within the stadium should all switch to supporters sections.

I am thrilled that they listened!

Parkdale
09-03-2008, 08:04 AM
Now the real challenge....

How to let people know that if they are in a 'supporters section' they have no right to tell people to sit down and shut up?

Dave67
09-03-2008, 08:11 AM
Now the real challenge....

How to let people know that if they are in a 'supporters section' they have no right to tell people to sit down and shut up?

For some that will always be a battle. This designation should help the ushers and security deal with issues. As long as they know the sections have been designated supporters sections they will not need to act on complaints about standing.

Unfortunately if some people in those sections still wish to complain there is not much you can do but ignore them.

Gobi
09-03-2008, 12:05 PM
all flags, banners, drums and streamers require permission from the Toronto FC Front Office before they can be used on match days, and they can’t be brought into the stadium through the gates.

That seems kinda weird.

Sigh... I guess I'll be hitting up JDG for tickets all next year. 104 is gonna blow.