PDA

View Full Version : Hemming Gone.... Again!!!!

Frick
09-02-2008, 02:59 PM
Toronto will also be without Tyler Hemming. The midfielder has asked to leave the club. "Tyler asked to be released today, so we're now another man down," said Carver. "If he doesn't want to be here, there is no way I'm going to beg him to stay just because we are short of players. It is his request; he wants to go."

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080902&content_id=184888&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

nascarguy
09-02-2008, 03:01 PM
ok but i never want to see him play in the mls again

Shaughno
09-02-2008, 03:02 PM
Twice now he's done this?

Ladies Love Julius James
LOL can't comment but obviously there are some in house issues that have not been taken care of

VPjr
LOL....what are you going to do but laugh about it.

This is what you get for not using all your roster spots Mr. Johnston and Mr. Carver.

Nuvinho
09-02-2008, 03:03 PM
Who does he think he is Robinho!!

Ron Manager
09-02-2008, 03:03 PM
I agree. It is a shitty time to ask to leave a club. It shows his level of committment to us. Let him go.

Frick
09-02-2008, 03:06 PM

And don't forget he was the one who asked to come back after failing overseas.

Lucky Strike
09-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Too bad, but if he doesn't want to be here than he knows where the door is: he's used it twice now!

jloome
09-02-2008, 03:09 PM
Business is business, I guess. Sayonara. Don't let the door....etc.etc

Nuvinho
09-02-2008, 03:10 PM
can we sign any players? Maybe make a trade? I mean this opens up a spot. I would move Ja. Smith to the SD spot, and bring in a DEFENDER

Oldtimer
09-02-2008, 03:10 PM
Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

edit: jloome, you said it!

Oldtimer
09-02-2008, 03:12 PM
can we sign any players? Maybe make a trade? I mean this opens up a spot. I would move Ja. Smith to the SD spot, and bring in a DEFENDER

We can sign players who are currently out of contract, or trade within MLS.

Nuvinho
09-02-2008, 03:15 PM

I hope Mo is on the phone as we speak. Maybe its time to use the 1st round pick we got from Chicago to lure in a player.

werewolf
09-02-2008, 03:20 PM

Billy Mwanza!

deschamp86
09-02-2008, 03:27 PM
No longer am I a fan of Hemming. He gets his oppertunity then hightails it out of here. Good riddance.

SilverSamurai
09-02-2008, 03:28 PM
Can't they get someone from the academy just in case?
Like how does that work?

werewolf
09-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Murphy Wiredu will save the day on the bench this weekend.

Ossington Mental Youth
09-02-2008, 03:40 PM
man, what a jackass.
Im pretty excited to see this game this weekend.
Its going to be amazing/ridiculous.
In all my years as a supporter ive never seen a situation like this.
Ah TFC, you break my heart (whether you mean it or not)

S_D
09-02-2008, 03:41 PM
We should be bringing in international players to improve the standard of the team and the league, but if we are going to end up being short on international dates we will have to start signing players who are not internationals; that doesn't help develop the standard of the game."

Just what I said TFC is going to have to do if MLS doesn't get it's FIFA scheduling in order. I got a bit roasted for it but it is one of the only things that can be done to stabilize the roster.

nimamalek
09-02-2008, 03:47 PM
shit i was excited to see him play in the back, i thought this might be his chance to prove himself, with all our issues in D, he could have won a starting spot

Kickit09
09-02-2008, 03:49 PM
and the revolving door continues to spin

Broadview
09-02-2008, 03:50 PM
Now that there's merely one "Tyler" on the team, that's one problem solved. Now, however can I differentiate the two J. Smith's on the team?

Sullivan
09-02-2008, 03:51 PM
TFC have a 3 strikes you're out policy yet?

Tyler,
If you were really good enough, you would be a regular.
You are not yet good enough.

MUFC_Niagara
09-02-2008, 03:51 PM
oh shit....sidney is going to go fucking postal when he finds out....now starts the endless threads of how "Mo and Carver and screwing Canadian talent"....

Keegan
09-02-2008, 03:56 PM
Obviously he wants to leave

KEVIN HARMSE is starting over him? He hasn't even been given a chance when we were short on players. Jump ship and swim Tyler we are sinking anyways!

Kickit09
09-02-2008, 03:57 PM
oh shit....sidney is going to go fucking postal when he finds out....now starts the endless threads of how "Mo and Carver and screwing Canadian talent"....

sorry but TFC isnt the canadian developmental squad. whatever is best for the team needs to be done.

colman1860
09-02-2008, 03:59 PM
sorry but TFC isnt the canadian developmental squad. whatever is best for the team needs to be done.

QFFT!

MUFC_Niagara
09-02-2008, 04:00 PM

agreed 100%....bitch to the CSA

Torcida
09-02-2008, 04:01 PM
What an odd journey for Tyler Hemming this year. He starts and puts on a decent performance in the first game of the season, doesn't get much playing time later on, gets released to make roster space only to later be brought back now when he gets his chance to make in impact on the team he quits.

I just don't get it.

zeelaw
09-02-2008, 04:07 PM
Like, can't we loan him to a USL team or something?

Wooster_TFC
09-02-2008, 04:12 PM

We had a spot on the senior roster open BEFORE this move, so this changes nothing with respect to that. On top of that, assuming Dunivant isn't coming back this year, we could place him on SEI and sign a replacement. Still don't know why this hasn't been done yet.

ensco
09-02-2008, 04:25 PM
I think the guy who bought the Dichio boots for 12K last year needs to lace them on and go in

giambac
09-02-2008, 04:27 PM
http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080902&content_id=184888&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

Why oh why does everybody want to leave TFC????

teliby, Hemming.

Is the environment/atmosphere in the clubhouse taht bad???

Damien
09-02-2008, 04:33 PM

teliby, Hemming.

Just due to the amount of opportunity probably.

Hemming had very few chances to prove themselves and probably wanted to go to a club where he would be on the first team.

King Jeff
09-02-2008, 04:36 PM
Just due to the amount of opportunity probably.

Hemming had very few chances to prove themselves and probably wanted to go to a club where he would be on the first team.

So you walk away days before a game where you're basically guaranteed to play 90 minutes. Huh?

S_D
09-02-2008, 04:40 PM
So you walk away days before a game where you're basically guaranteed to play 90 minutes. Huh?

Perhaps some team made him an offer he can't refuse...like a decent paycheque :noidea:

ensco
09-02-2008, 04:40 PM
Hemming's obviously upset over the minutes Rosenlund's been getting. How many Canadians named Tyler can one team have in central midfield?

v00d00daddy
09-02-2008, 04:47 PM
During a time when this team has gone through injuries, suspensions, and a really long run of bad play he hasn't seen any playing time.

According to the TFC site he's played in 3 games for a total of 97 minutes. That's just ahead of Colin Samuel and Andrea Lombardo.

I would probably want to leave too. Maybe leaving right now, when TFC needs him the most is his way of telling the team to fuck off.

I think it's a childish move but a part of me can't blame him for doing it.

Brooker
09-02-2008, 04:49 PM
good on Tyler for leaving when were already beyond short handed.

good on ya! :noidea:

TicTacTabarnack
09-02-2008, 05:04 PM
Perhaps some team made him an offer he can't refuse...like a decent paycheque :noidea:

The Tim Bit Soccer Program as a coach? Probably pays more!

Beach_Red
09-02-2008, 05:06 PM

teliby, Hemming.

You could probably add Robert to that list. And a bunch of guys who came in for trials and then left.

Ossington Mental Youth
09-02-2008, 05:09 PM
Dont think people are leaving cuz its a clubhouse thing, Tebily left cuz he wasnt starting (and possibly should have been) then when he could have, he was injured, hemming, prob just pissed hes not getting first team

rocker
09-02-2008, 05:20 PM
i thought tebily left because of family reasons? he wasn't starting early just because the team was going OK, and then he played, got hurt, and then decided to leave. was it confirmed that he left cuz he wasn't getting playing time?

hemming shouldn't have come back the second time tho... not sure why he did, except to practice for the summer. if he didn't like his playing time before, he should have been pretty certain he wasn't going to get it during the second period.
Also, I think he was hurt at some point recently too.

Blizzard
09-02-2008, 05:28 PM
Dont think people are leaving cuz its a clubhouse thing, Tebily left cuz he wasnt starting (and possibly should have been) then when he could have, he was injured, hemming, prob just pissed hes not getting first team

Tebily had family issues. From what I hear, he was quite happy here. His family came over to visit (wife and kids) and soon after that, he asked to be released so he could go home.

Remember, Hemming got hurt too. He pulled his hamstring around the same time Dichio picked up his concussion. It was right after he played a strong game (can't remember who against).

If he hadn't got hurt, he might have been able to solidify a position for himself. I liked him and am sorry to see him go but I don't like the way he left.

Ossington Mental Youth
09-02-2008, 05:31 PM
Ah kk, thought Tebily was covering with that as an excuse

TFC USA
09-02-2008, 05:56 PM
Well, any RPB member here going to play this weekend? :D

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-02-2008, 06:17 PM
So now he's showing he's true colours... Anyway, I'd rather have players with character than ones who hightail it out of town at the first sign of any hardship.

Nerepis
09-02-2008, 06:17 PM
Mo, I bought some new cleats this spring and I'm waiting by the phone. Call me.:)

wzhxvy
09-02-2008, 06:23 PM
Tyler did I ever tell you that you had a huge butt and you needed to lose a few pounds ? lol

pepher
09-02-2008, 06:49 PM
that's a shame, I liked the kid. All the best Tyler...

tfc-th
09-02-2008, 06:54 PM
Maybe he's been offered a job at a local blue chip firm and has decided to leave football for good. :)

I'm disappointed that he would choose to do this now. I'm sure there's a good reason for it, but it's really unfortunate with the Chivas match coming up and his chance to have gone out either with glory or having proven his strength of character. Instead, we're even more short handed for this weekend's match.

All the best to him in his future endeavours, but we're now in a worse position. I'll still be there, and I may have to sub in if things get worse. Could be the match of the year (no matter which direction it goes ;)).

TFC_Toon
09-02-2008, 07:02 PM
So, we are down to 13 players for Saturday? Are we in a position that we can get emergency callups from the league? I think we are due at least 2 squad players and a keeper....no? After all there refusal to reschedule the match and ridiculous rules has put us up against it this week.

billygrieveuk
09-02-2008, 08:02 PM
So, we are down to 13 players for Saturday? Are we in a position that we can get emergency callups from the league? I think we are due at least 2 squad players and a keeper....no? After all there refusal to reschedule the match and ridiculous rules has put us up against it this week.
This league is a fukin circus!
and tfc isn't any better, i find myself seeing a name/number on jerseys some games and asking someone..."whos that guy?"
i cant keep up!
oh ya, piss off Tyler, dont come back.

StandUpIfYouHateChelsea
09-02-2008, 08:14 PM
LETS SIGN MARIO YEPES!:canada:

he was the fastest defender in fifa 07

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mario_Yepes

I_AM_CANADIAN
09-02-2008, 08:16 PM
It's a video game, and not a great one at that, that doesn't mean he's the fastest player in the world. :rolleyes:

RedLion
09-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Nice timing, son.

So long.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-02-2008, 08:35 PM
Can't they get someone from the academy just in case?
Like how does that work?

yes give one or two academy players a go...maybe they could put in a decent performance..cause were looking for a miracle for a result this weekend....Well done to Carver for not begging him to stay....

Hemming..F**K off

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-02-2008, 08:35 PM
It’s hard to for TFC to build any depth with all these fricking crybabies. If Hemming was any kind of professional he would have waited until the off season. Mo should sign some CSL guys to fill out the developmental roster and gets us some numbers.

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-02-2008, 08:36 PM
yes give one or two academy players a go...maybe they could put in a decent performance..cause were looking for a miracle for a result this weekend....Well done to Carver for not begging him to stay....

Hemming..F**K off

The Academy players can’t play for the senior team - MLS rules and they’d lose their NCAA eligibility.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-02-2008, 08:40 PM
The Academy players can’t play for the senior team - MLS rules and they’d lose their NCAA eligibility.

what about some of out U 20 players 1 or 2 must be unsigned..give them a shot.....

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-02-2008, 08:48 PM
I think trying to sign a couple of CSL players on month-month contracts would be feasible. I think the team could also transfer someone from a USL team. I wonder if they’re even trying to make some moves?

billyfly
09-02-2008, 08:48 PM
He's obviously going to citeh - the biggest club in the world!, to play with Ronaldo after January transfer window.

Chevy
09-02-2008, 08:52 PM
Rumour also has it that Hemming wanted a "Lombardo-Like" Esquire Watch endorsement deal.

The Esquire folks couldn't pay Hemming AND Lombardo's huge residuals so he decided to storm out from the club.

giambac
09-02-2008, 09:07 PM
During a time when this team has gone through injuries, suspensions, and a really long run of bad play he hasn't seen any playing time.

According to the TFC site he's played in 3 games for a total of 97 minutes. That's just ahead of Colin Samuel and Andrea Lombardo.

I would probably want to leave too. Maybe leaving right now, when TFC needs him the most is his way of telling the team to fuck off.

I think it's a childish move but a part of me can't blame him for doing it.

If that the reason good for him.

They screw him all season and now that they need him he is giving it right back mup their ......

I think teliby got pissed with the same mind games that seem to occur on this team.

giambac
09-02-2008, 09:11 PM

I would like to see the Vaughan Azzurri fill in and play saturday vs Chivas. I think they would win.

In fact I know they would win. The same team that beat TFC reserves 4-0

SilverSamurai
09-02-2008, 09:39 PM
What about the reserves?
I'm sure they have atleast a few other players that could play. Otherwise, how do they even field a team?

UltraSuperMegaMo
09-02-2008, 09:42 PM
What about the reserves?
I'm sure they have atleast a few other players that could play. Otherwise, how do they even field a team?

They’ll play the reserve team with a few regulars mixed in with either one or two players on the bench.

Chevy
09-02-2008, 09:54 PM
While we are on the topic of former TFC players....

http://dj.andrealombardo.com/

Could it be him??? :)

flatpicker
09-02-2008, 09:55 PM
While we are on the topic of former TFC players....

http://dj.andrealombardo.com/

Could it be him??? :)

I guess he learned something from Dichio afterall... shame it didn't have anything to do with soccer...

that was mean... sorry Andrea!

SilverSamurai
09-02-2008, 09:58 PM
They’ll play the reserve team with a few regulars mixed in with either one or two players on the bench.

Why not get more? I'm sure they could get almost the entire reserve squad. I'm sure they have more then 13 players.

Pachuco
09-02-2008, 10:05 PM

Nope...once. He didn't chose to leave last time. That is a fact!

Shakes McQueen
09-03-2008, 06:13 AM
If that the reason good for him.

They screw him all season and now that they need him he is giving it right back mup their ......

I think teliby got pissed with the same mind games that seem to occur on this team.

Screwed him? They pay him a salary, to do what the team asks of him.

Leaving the club just before they need him the most, is a total dick move.

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Maybe Luton or Ipswich will hire you as a janitor.

- Scott

Fort York Redcoat
09-03-2008, 07:48 AM
I understand from an individual standpoint -if- he got a better offer but that is to be seen. What I can't understand is how he's ruined his chances to ever come back to the club. He could go back to League 2 and try and make something of himself but would any of us clap him if he came back home?

Tintin
09-03-2008, 08:03 AM
Nope...once. He didn't chose to leave last time. That is a fact!

Exactly. He was put on waivers the last time.

There is in house issues for sure. Why would he leav now when he is about to play? What is going on with Carver and Mo?

Roogsy
09-03-2008, 08:08 AM
I would like to see the Vaughan Azzurri fill in and play saturday vs Chivas. I think they would win.

Are you the Vaughan Azzuri PR guy or something?

Holy crap, I have never seen anyone promote the hell out of an amateur or semipro club like you have on this board.

giambac
09-03-2008, 08:09 AM

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out. Maybe Luton or Ipswich will hire you as a janitor.

- Scott

It's a statement to the team and management that he is making.

There is a big problem in the locker room when people all of a sudden leave at awkward times......don't you think.

Maybe people should be asking why would someone leave at this time. Ask the questions ....... it will be interesting to get an answer.

Fort York Redcoat
09-03-2008, 08:09 AM
He's an Italia Shooter. And they wouldn't beat Chivas.

giambac
09-03-2008, 08:10 AM

Holy crap, I have never seen anyone promote the hell out of an amateur or semipro club like you have on this board.

I promote 2 amatuer or semi pro clubs

1) the Vaughan Azzuri and
2) TFC :cool:

Wooster_TFC
09-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Why not get more? I'm sure they could get almost the entire reserve squad. I'm sure they have more then 13 players.

In case you are new around here, MLS has these things called roster restrictions, you can read all about it here: http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=3237

So, anyone who's on that list can play in either reserves games or normal games. So, assuming we have a full roster, we would have 28 people to pick from for both reserves and MLS games. We can't pull from the academy since, as was pointed out above, MLS regulations don't allow it (and the worse hit IMO) and the player would lose their NCAA eligibility.

Now, we only have 17 senior players, and 7 developmental players to pick from (with Hemming gone). In a reserve game, this is okay, since the MLS allows for random callups without a contract in reserve games (which is why you see "guest" players in TFC reserve games). For an actual MLS game though, you don't have the same luxury.

With Hemming gone, and assuming Dichio is available and Ibee hasn't been called up, we end up with 12 players total, and +1 pool keeper from the MLS (since Dunivant and Attakora are hurt).

This is going to hurt more than we think, but I don't know if Hemming would have made the difference. I don't understand the love that goes out for all these dev players all the time. To be honest, if Hemming got the same amount of playing time as Lombardo did last year, I'm sure you all would be calling for his head, and would be glad he's gone.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-03-2008, 05:04 PM
Exactly. He was put on waivers the last time.

There is in house issues for sure. Why would he leav now when he is about to play? What is going on with Carver and Mo?

the question is whats up with Hemming? does he think he should starting regular? soory his play does not warrant that...he was good coming off the bench...if he stuck with it he mighthave started a couple of season down the line? hes been getting bad advice, no doubt from a family member/agent!!

Zeke_Jones
09-03-2008, 05:59 PM
hemming??

Who cares about hemming?

Next topic.....................

Troll
09-03-2008, 06:03 PM

I didn't notice. But that's prolly cause he's on my ignore list.

McHaggis
09-03-2008, 10:28 PM
Good riddance. Obviously, Hemming doesn't want to be here. I'd rather we lose with players who have the desire to play their hearts out for the team.

jloome
09-04-2008, 12:04 AM
He's obviously going to citeh - the biggest club in the world!, to play with Ronaldo after January transfer window.

Isn't it funny that Rohan Ricketts keeps quoting Jimmy Grimble "It's not me, it's me boots!" even though he's a Man Utd fan?

jloome
09-04-2008, 12:05 AM

- Scott

Maybe they told him that even as depleted as we are he isn't playing this weekend.

That would piss him off enough to make him walk, I imagine.

Derko
09-04-2008, 05:47 AM

Now your Azzurri allegience comes out, I told you you were one of those supporters and you said it had nothing to do with Azzurri. The cat is out of the bag now.lol

Mind you they would help our depleted TFC at the moment.

oxygenatedbrain
09-04-2008, 03:19 PM
Is Sidney boycotting this board? Why hasn't he been on here yet to tell us that Hemming has signed for Tampere in Finland?

rocker
09-04-2008, 04:22 PM
Is Sidney boycotting this board? Why hasn't he been on here yet to tell us that Hemming has signed for Tampere in Finland?

i always thought sidney was Hemming's agent.. maybe he's busy right now workin on some deal.

Halifax.T.F.C.fan
09-04-2008, 06:06 PM
I liked him, I thought he played good the one game I saw him. I was looking forward to this weekends game to see the young talent go out and prove there worth. He should have stayed one more game.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-04-2008, 06:22 PM
Hemming was just signed to the national womans team, they did a physical found he had no Balls and let him join!!!

sweetlemon69
09-05-2008, 09:33 AM
Havn't parsed through the whole thread, but apparently he's going to a club in finland. Some chick posted on his facebook wall:

"
Liana Hemming (http://www.new.facebook.com/s.php?k=100000080&id=502142968) wrote at 10:17pm
I heard through the grapevine (and by grapevine, I mean people conversing through Facebook) that you're going to Finland. So have fun! :)"

RPB_Brantford_08
09-05-2008, 10:01 AM
Finnish soccer must be really hard up if they take hemming.:D

joePub
09-05-2008, 01:27 PM

sidney's banned for a week for telling the moderators where to go...re hemming see: http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?whichpage=0.628571428571429&TOPIC_ID=17254&#227906

canadaneedsmusic
09-05-2008, 02:36 PM
haha, I was just in Finland, just got back last night... why would he go play there? Went by the Helsinki's team stadium, looked ok, more modern then BMO in terms of style, but maybe not as big. Anyway, wow.

olegunnar
09-05-2008, 02:48 PM
Sidney makes a good point though.

It must really suck for moral and ego and commitment to be making a developmental salary $12-17K while there are Senior Roster spots sitting there unused and available.
We've have had extra and unused spots for a while, would it have killed the club to promote him, or someone else from the developmental roster until we need to fill the spot? $17K a year is a joke.

Roogsy
09-05-2008, 02:55 PM
I don't agree with that point. If the spot was his, then sure, plug him in. But it's obvious that the spot is supposed to go elsewhere, to someone who should be in a senior spot. Mo isn't going to handcuff himself by giving someone a senior spot just because there is one available at this moment.

The real issue is the poor pay in those spots. It should at least be 25k to make life liveable for these guys.

Nuvinho
09-05-2008, 02:58 PM
Senior developmental players make $35K I think...Hemming was a SD.

Sorry, just checked the salaries, its $17,700

rocker
09-05-2008, 03:00 PM
i can understand the pay thing the first time around.....
but hemming made a choice to come back for the low pay AGAIN... so I'm not gonna feel sorry for him. he could have made more in the USL I think, as a regular player.

olegunnar
09-05-2008, 03:01 PM
I don't agree with that point. If the spot was his, then sure, plug him in. But it's obvious that the spot is supposed to go elsewhere, to someone who should be in a senior spot. Mo isn't going to handcuff himself by giving someone a senior spot just because there is one available at this moment.

The real issue is the poor pay in those spots. It should at least be 25k to make life liveable for these guys.

But being brought up isn't permanent....look at Lombardo, he started as a dev...got brought up...then got put back.

I think the point is, while senior spots aren't being used, why not promote some dev guys up (the league pays salaries anyways) then if a signing is pending, put them back down. It's not like bringing someone up would prevent us from signing someone.

In the grand scheme of things it doesn't mean much (probably 1-2K a month) but the gesture would be a good one.

Nuvinho
09-05-2008, 03:04 PM
wow!!! Just checked how much the "MLS Pool" players make.

D.Monsalve makes $33,000

Maybe that's why players developmental players get upset, when pool players make double and triple their amounts.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-05-2008, 03:11 PM
this must be a NDP section...Hemming was paid his true value..how can you pay a bench warmer more then the 17,000? he should have been grateful.

togetherness
09-05-2008, 03:15 PM
this must be a NDP section...Hemming was paid his true value..how can you pay a bench warmer more then the 17,000? he should have been grateful.

RPB branchtford , you seem like you hate TFC or anything to do with them .. Tyler Hemming IMO is and was a very good player that never really got the crack he deserved .. 17 g's is peanuts

olegunnar
09-05-2008, 03:24 PM

It's got nothing top do with that.
Sometimes you reward hard work, it's good man management.

Take for example NCAA football teams. Scholarships are for one year and are renewable for up to 5 years. They have a maximum scholarship number of 85, but usually also have about 10-15 walk ons, players that are paying their own way to school. Sometimes up to $50,000 a year

Now with transfers, players leaving the team due to injury or personal reasons, etc. each team may not have 85 scholarship players. In those cases quite often the coach decides to award the extra scholarships to walk ons for the year. You're limit is 85 so why not use it?

Those players aren't going to win you any championships or ever play on Sundays, but they are an important part of the team and it's important for man management to be seen to reward commitment and hard work.

When we're not at our limit, why not use the spots? Reward some players who are making pennies.

As I said previously it's not big $$, and it's not coming out of MLSE's pockets, so I'm not sure why the club doesn't use all the spots, if not only temporarily.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-05-2008, 03:36 PM
It's got nothing top do with that.
Sometimes you reward hard work, it's good man management.

Take for example NCAA football teams. Scholarships are for one year and are renewable for up to 5 years. They have a maximum scholarship number of 85, but usually also have about 10-15 walk ons, players that are paying their own way to school. Sometimes up to $50,000 a year

Now with transfers, players leaving the team due to injury or personal reasons, etc. each team may not have 85 scholarship players. In those cases quite often the coach decides to award the extra scholarships to walk ons for the year. You're limit is 85 so why not use it?

Those players aren't going to win you any championships or ever play on Sundays, but they are an important part of the team and it's important for man management to be seen to reward commitment and hard work.

When we're not at our limit, why not use the spots? Reward some players who are making pennies.

As I said previously it's not big $$, and it's not coming out of MLSE's pockets, so I'm not sure why the club doesn't use all the spots, if not only temporarily.

can't argue that...but reward hard work...hmmm maybe he didn;t make the effort in practice only showing up at games, only JC and Mo know that, and by his lack of playing time i would say thats a safe bet.

LucaGol
09-05-2008, 05:20 PM
There's a lot of f*ckin stupid comments in this thread.

Why is everyone bashing Tyler Hemming....because he has to wait on the bench while no talent players like Carl Robinson and Kevin Harmse patrol the midfield with so much ineptness its frightening?

Good...Im happy he left...he was wasting his time here.

He started 1 f*ckin game this season and he was the best player on the field...and everyone agreed on that.....go back and check the Columbus TFC game threads if you don't believe me.

S_D
09-05-2008, 05:26 PM
you won't get any arguement from me Luca...sounds to me like he is going to get paid a decent wage and hopefully some playing time.

RPB_Brantford_08
09-05-2008, 05:30 PM
RPB branchtford , you seem like you hate TFC or anything to do with them .. Tyler Hemming IMO is and was a very good player that never really got the crack he deserved .. 17 g's is peanuts

where do you get that from?? first love TFC....second if hemming was any good he would have played...and Carver said as much..anyone who plays good will start the next game...thats why Hemming never played he wasn;t good enough.

Zeke_Jones
09-06-2008, 10:43 AM
We don't need no stinking Lemming on the team.

Go cry on your couch to your boyfriend about your playing time LEMMING!!!!

He should be banned from BMO field and the city of Toronto, consider your pass revoked lemming!!!!!

ag futbol
09-06-2008, 12:30 PM
I'd like to know how many people would actually be loyal to their employer who gives them practically zero chances to prove themselves and cuts their pay by 30% in mid season.

Open your eyes people, nobody wants to play under those conditions.

LucaGol
09-06-2008, 12:37 PM
I'd like to know how many people would actually be loyal to their employer who gives them practically zero chances to prove themselves and cuts their pay by 30% in mid season.

Open your eyes people, nobody wants to play under those conditions.

Attakora getting those 2 starts at RB in a row was probably the last straw.

Attakora's solid defensively, but c'mon...he doesn't even come close to bringing the width that Hemming did going forward.

Soccer is such a fickle business where so much is based on timing.

ag futbol
09-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Well personally I'd rate Attakora over Hemming, but Tyler when he played generally did well I thought.

I Rosenlund available for today's game?