PDA

View Full Version : This Home Stand

BeachRed
05-18-2008, 04:48 PM
So far, TFC is undefeated at home and has allowed only one goal in four games.

I just wanted to point that because there's a lot of bitching going on here.

Lucky Strike
05-18-2008, 04:56 PM
While true and I'm happy, I get the feeling many will still be disappointed if we tie against DC on Thursday. But I won't be one of them and there's no denying that TFC is excellent at home. TFC for the cup!

akoto
05-18-2008, 05:46 PM
I think at this stage a draw with DCU would be a massive let down. DC sucks right now. Sorry footyfan but they do. This is a perfect chance at 3 points and we NEED to take them.

Fiin
05-18-2008, 05:48 PM
I think at this stage a draw with DCU would be a massive let down. DC sucks right now. Sorry footyfan but they do. This is a perfect chance at 3 points and we NEED to take them.

IMO we need a goal not off a set peice..

mighty_torontofc_2008
05-18-2008, 05:49 PM

you can never take a team lightly, DC UTD will still be around when playoffs near...but lets get them while they are down a win at home and a draw in DC would be a good week.

flatpicker
05-18-2008, 05:57 PM
I like what we have achieved, but we can still do better. I wanna see some goals dammit! I need to see a win against DC!

and nice avatar Mighty_torontofc_2008
looks familiar! :)

rocker
05-18-2008, 06:05 PM
if TFC beats DC, then the homestand was quite a success. 3 wins, 2 ties. if it's 2 wins and 3 ties, or 2 wins, 2 ties, and a loss, I'm not as happy.

but always remember that this league is very close.. things can change in a few weeks. to be just in the playoffs now is fine. If, as I hope, they add a solid striker, then that position can go upwards in the second half of the season.

Super
05-18-2008, 06:08 PM
Let's not forget that we are a new team and only in our second year. The goal was quite clear: make the play-offs. At the current rate, and even worse than now, we'll still make the play-offs. So let's just enjoy the fact that we're not dropping points left, right and center and actually putting in good games that challenge the MLS opponents. I'm very, very happy with our team and the performance. Yes, we can do better, but let's just be realistic about the second season thing.

akoto
05-18-2008, 07:38 PM
you can never take a team lightly, DC UTD will still be around when playoffs near...but lets get them while they are down a win at home and a draw in DC would be a good week.

I totally agree with you that DCU should not be taken lightly but I did say that they suck right now. We have to get them while they are down and get the win at home and hopefully again away in DC. They started out badly last year as well (not as bad as this) and then they put together an amazing run to finish with the supporter's shield. DC will get better, lets just not allow there return to form start in TO.

ManUtd4ever
05-18-2008, 07:49 PM
I totally agree with you that DCU should not be taken lightly :hump:but I did say that they suck right now. We have to get them while they are down and get the win at home and hopefully again away in DC. They started out badly last year as well (not as bad as this) and then they put together an amazing run to finish with the supporter's shield. DC will get better, lets just not allow there return to form start in TO.

I would think that Carver will remind the boys of the outright embarassment TFC suffered at the hands of DCU in game 2 of the schedule. Every player in the starting lineup except Guevara and Ricketts remembers that loss at D.C. very well...revenge should serve as more than enough inspiration to once again dominate at home. However, our forwards will have to capitalize on Thursday in order to avoid another disappointing draw...

egoodwin
05-18-2008, 07:50 PM
yeah... DC has too good of a lineup to remain down... it's only a matter of time till they roar back.. lucky for us we'll be done with them before they do so

Roogsy
05-18-2008, 07:51 PM
Agreed...except we seem to be having problems scoring.

brad
05-18-2008, 07:53 PM
Agreed...except we seem to be having problems scoring.

Only one from open play in the last 4 games.

Red CB Toronto
05-19-2008, 12:15 AM
A win over DCU would be huge, extending the undefeated streak to six games, how amazing would that be. Six points over the next two games with United would go along away in TFC achieving their goals in 2008.