PDA

View Full Version : Ran into Danny D today.....

CoachGT
09-01-2008, 06:49 PM
.... and spoke to him for a few minutes about last Saturday and the one coming up. TFC practiced today at the CNE while the air show was on. Ran into him afterward.

He was a little disappointed at not getting into the game - thought he'd be in for 10 minutes anyway. Said that the long, depressing flight home was much worse after losing, especially losing like that.

He asked that we really bring it this weekend because they are going to need it. Ran into Brian Edwards as well, he said exactly the same thing.

Danny said Jimmy B wasn't real happy about being left on the bench in Toronto in the Jamaican game. The players know that a lot of fans will be headed to Montreal to support Canada. But they hope we will bring it anyway.

I was leaning toward a quiet game this weekend, a kind of quiet protest. Especially after the feeling of having my heart ripped out on Saturday past - for the third or fourth time this season. But the short chat with Danny changed my thinking. He really is a class act, and his demeanor showed me exactly how much they (the players) are feeling this (the emotional letdown from Saturday).

Toronto til I die!

Ageroo
09-01-2008, 06:52 PM
sounds like an interesting convo.........if I wasn't headed to Montreal I would definitely bring the noise for this game....win or lose I support the boys on the field!

rocktml
09-01-2008, 06:57 PM
I'll bring my noise to the game no matter what! I'll support TFC till I die, finally glad we have a team here in T.O so.....

giambac
09-01-2008, 07:27 PM
.... and spoke to him for a few minutes about last Saturday and the one coming up. TFC practiced today at the CNE while the air show was on. Ran into him afterward.

He was a little disappointed at not getting into the game - thought he'd be in for 10 minutes anyway. Said that the long, depressing flight home was much worse after losing, especially losing like that.

He asked that we really bring it this weekend because they are going to need it. Ran into Brian Edwards as well, he said exactly the same thing.

Danny said Jimmy B wasn't real happy about being left on the bench in Toronto in the Jamaican game. The players know that a lot of fans will be headed to Montreal to support Canada. But they hope we will bring it anyway.

I was leaning toward a quiet game this weekend, a kind of quiet protest. Especially after the feeling of having my heart ripped out on Saturday past - for the third or fourth time this season. But the short chat with Danny changed my thinking. He really is a class act, and his demeanor showed me exactly how much they (the players) are feeling this (the emotional letdown from Saturday).

Toronto til I die!

How was the nogan?

i'm sure the noise from the airshow didn't help..........

pubboy
09-01-2008, 07:32 PM
How was the nogan?

Nogan ?

stretchthetruth
09-01-2008, 07:43 PM
Nogan ?

head

CoachGT
09-01-2008, 08:23 PM
First question I asked was about how he was feeling. He said that he was okay and that he'd be playing this weekend. They ran a pretty hard practice from what I saw. Starting a little after 12 in the heat? Looked like a "get your heads out of your asses" practice - payback for the weekend. Noticed that Jimmy B was out there, as was Ricketts, Barrett and a few of the regulars. Danny said that they were still pretty short, and Edwards said there'd be 12 at the game this weekend. I was curious about that but didn't want to keep asking questions.

Danny also talked about his tournament coming up in Thornhill. One of his kids was wearing a Man U kit and I joked with him about it. He laughed! He was headed toward Ontario Place, so the noise wasn't getting to him that much!

VPjr
09-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Danny said Jimmy B wasn't real happy about being left on the bench in Toronto in the Jamaican game.

From what I'm told, saying that Jim "wasn't really happy" about being parked on the bench when it was clear Klukowski had run out of gas around 70 minutes is a huge understatement. More like he was PISSED, as he should be (not because he's owed playing time by Dale Mitchell but because the guy who he backs up was clearly exhausted and was becomming a liability. For the good of the team, Jimmy should have got at least 15 minutes against Jamaica.

ensco
09-01-2008, 09:14 PM
It's unbelieveable. Nothing good ever happens to TFC unless DD is on the field.

Shakes McQueen
09-02-2008, 04:57 AM
Glad to hear he is doing well, and will be in the lineup this weekend.

I planned on cheering on the reserves and rookies anyhow, but having Dichio out on the pitch will make it that much easier.

- Scott

CoachGT
09-02-2008, 05:21 AM
From what I'm told, saying that Jim "wasn't really happy" about being parked on the bench when it was clear Klukowski had run out of gas around 70 minutes is a huge understatement. More like he was PISSED, as he should be (not because he's owed playing time by Dale Mitchell but because the guy who he backs up was clearly exhausted and was becomming a liability. For the good of the team, Jimmy should have got at least 15 minutes against Jamaica.

We talked about this for a couple of minutes. Yeah, he was pissed about it, in part because it was here on his home pitch. A lot of stuff I've seen recently suggests that turf favours those that know it, and this is Jimmy's home pitch, well, you get the picture.

Derko
09-02-2008, 06:42 AM
How was the nogan?

i'm sure the noise from the airshow didn't help..........

I hope DD is well, we could use his winning attitude and influence the youngsters that TFC will be fielding.:canada:

TFCREDNWHITE
09-02-2008, 07:34 AM
Your right, Dichio has this unseen spritual energy that the soccer gods seem to control. Everytime he is out of the lineup we seem to get screwed for long periods of time! I think its really strange...Maybe its like a curse or something??

Bloor West FC
09-02-2008, 07:55 AM
Danny D is a great guy! I always cheer for TFC no matter what. Hopefully this tuff patch were in is gone now. Lets make some noise!!!!

rocker
09-02-2008, 08:55 AM
speaking of Jimmy B and the Jamaica game -- is it just me or does Klukowski kinda look like Jimmy from a distance????
he has the same sort of mannerisms, the same sort of shot...
me and my dad thought it was Jimmy B for the whole first half, since we were way on the other side and didn't hear the lineup announcement. Then in the second half, we had Klukowski on our side of the field, and we were like "oh look, Jimmy B got taken out at the half for this guy..."

SilverSamurai
09-02-2008, 09:17 AM
We talked about this for a couple of minutes. Yeah, he was pissed about it, in part because it was here on his home pitch. A lot of stuff I've seen recently suggests that turf favours those that know it, and this is Jimmy's home pitch, well, you get the picture.
But that would make sense though!
I was shocked that Jimmy B didn't play. Made no sense to me at all. I mean it was on home ground for cryin' out loud!

CoachGT
09-02-2008, 09:22 AM
The question is will he play this weekend in Montreal. If the answer is no, then why bother having him there at all?

Stencils
09-02-2008, 09:31 AM
Coach! I didn't think anything could make me feel bad about going to the WCQ in Montreal, but your talk with Danny did! I kind of feel bad about not being there to support them in this 'hour of need' now.

I really hope that a good crowd can be brought to the TFC game on Saturday. It'd be horrible if they felt that we didn't show up because our 'stars' weren't there. That's not what we're about.

I'm sure you conveyed that to him though. If we can do it, they'll hear us all the way down the Trans-Canada.

CoachGT
09-02-2008, 09:35 AM
Coach! I didn't think anything could make me feel bad about going to the WCQ in Montreal, but your talk with Danny did! I kind of feel bad about not being there to support them in this 'hour of need' now.

I really hope that a good crowd can be brought to the TFC game on Saturday. It'd be horrible if they felt that we didn't show up because our 'stars' weren't there. That's not what we're about.

I'm sure you conveyed that to him though. If we can do it, they'll hear us all the way down the Trans-Canada.

Danny understood the desire to support a world cup qualifier, especially in a country that hasn't seen anything of the finals in years. I even suggested that the players might want to start a TFC Massive in the south end before the game - that might kick things up a notch!

Derko
09-02-2008, 10:38 AM
We will be there and making as much positive noise as we possibly can!!!

trane
09-02-2008, 11:47 AM
It's unbelieveable. Nothing good ever happens to TFC unless DD is on the field.

I have said that so many times, I am tiered of hearing myself say it. But is the one truth about this team that becomes ever more evident with each passing week.

gtaguy
09-02-2008, 03:29 PM
Danny D on the field = a real chance to win games...

no Danny D on the field = well you see how our seasons been so far...

Technorgasm
09-02-2008, 03:32 PM
Why So serious?

Redcoe15
09-02-2008, 03:36 PM
Danny Dichio IS Toronto FC!

Blizzard
09-02-2008, 04:08 PM
Danny Dichio IS Toronto FC!

.... and Tyler Hemming isn't!

nobodybeatsthewiz
09-02-2008, 04:10 PM
Why So serious?

@ your avatar

"hey tiger, you must've really jarred something loose"

tfc-th
09-02-2008, 07:02 PM
Danny D is a great guy! I always cheer for TFC no matter what. Hopefully this tuff patch were in is gone now. Lets make some noise!!!!

See, this is what I love hearing. This is about supporting a team, not supporting a team only when it wins.

I'll be there!

PaulinosTFC
09-02-2008, 07:27 PM
So I'm expecting to hear many LOUD Dichio24 chants this weekend!

MUFC_Niagara
09-02-2008, 07:48 PM
I will be at BMO singing my heart out for the boys!!!!