PDA

View Full Version : The Footy Blog.....

Nodoubtguy
09-01-2008, 01:00 PM
I read this on thescore.ca's Footy Blog....made me laugh at out current situation....

It’s Getting Kind of Funny Now

Well I laughed anyway. Now that I’ve taken the red pill and awoken to the glaring reality of TFC not making the playoffs, I’ve been able to detach myself as supporter and just appreciate gaffes like the 94th minute winner for the pure comedy that they are. See, we’re in the “dem bums” phase of the club’s history. The (somewhat) lovable losers. It’s time to embrace and cherish the shitty play. DO NOT jump off the bandwagon. Going to the lifeless home games and watching the excruciatingly boring away matches is only going to make you stronger as a supporter.

See, in forty years, when all the young punks in the stands at the CONCACAF Champions League semifinal are bitching about how the new Brazilian TFC just signed is lacking that extra yard of pace – even though he’s scored 6 goals in his last 10 matches, you’ll be able to put them in right in their place.

“Kakadinho’s not good enough for you? Well let me tell you kids about a certain Jeff Cunningham. Shit, you whippersnappers should just be glad these defenders know how to play a fucking offside trap”.

You’ll be the one who sat through all these losses. You’ll be the one who paid the increase in ticket prices even though the product on the field gets worse. You’ll appreciate the good times that much more.

Well, at least that's what I keep telling myself that so I can justify pissing two hours of my life down the drain each week.
read the entire entry here (http://www.thescore.ca/blogs/footy/index.asp?name=footy/2008/08/chivas_2_toront.html)

stretchthetruth
09-01-2008, 01:07 PM
well put... i feel like that sometimes - after the rage wears off...