PDA

View Full Version : TFC @ Chivas Post Game Thread

Pages : [1] 2

Batman
08-30-2008, 11:33 PM
All Post game rants and bitching here.

Yohan
08-30-2008, 11:35 PM
Someone tell me what happened to TFC that was able to string 7-8 passes together earlier in the season.

Now, it's like first chance is to hoof the ball and hope that the forwards can latch on to it and create a miracle goal.

Razor
08-30-2008, 11:36 PM
our backline sucks ass!!!

FUCK!

fire the whole lot and find some people who know how to play defence.

FUCK!

TFC Cityboy
what a fuckin shambles. 3 5 2 with the 3 halfwits we have back there is a fucking disater. Don't be too tough on Sutton, boys, he kept us in that one- poor communication with Robbo, shite defending - season over.

Dirk Diggler
I love bitches.

Fernandinho
speechless...is what I am, along with frustrated and disappointed!

Nuvinho
You can't blame JC for any tactics today.....it was all on the players. The Defense is horrible.

I won't even say this year, but next year.......we need to sure up the back 4.

Batman
What a brutal second. Barrett had a few chances all alone, and defense looked poor.

Ricketts and Ruiz were invisable.

Bad goal on Sutton but he saved about 5 others that could have been in.

Pyeddo
That was fucking awful. Sutton once again proves his 5 hole is your gateway to goals.

The Oz
Seriously, we need people who can play defence, forget about the fucking dp striker, we need D, and now. Oh and CARLOS RUIZ, HAS ANYONE SEEN CARLOS RUIZ?

JimmyH
How many points have TFC given away in added time this season? 8-10 points is my guess. There's your playoff spot folks.

PaulinosTFC
08-30-2008, 11:37 PM
This team does not deserve our support PERIOD. Do they even care they've just fuckin' embarassed themselves once again?

TFC USA
What happened? I know Chivas won but what was the score?

loconet
:(

heartbreaking.

The Oz
That was fucking awful. Sutton once again proves his 5 hole is your gateway to goals.

The man is allowed a mistake after saving the game countless times, why was the ball even allowed in the box man? Do NOT blame sutton for this crapper of a game.

TFC USA
This team does not deserve our support PERIOD. Do they even care they've just fuckin' embarassed themselves once again?

This is a team?

Dbl_D
FFFFFFFFFUCK'n brutal... I hope you TFC players read this thread...

Your F'N BRUTAL....

I wearing black the rest of the season because ours is done...

dag
08-30-2008, 11:38 PM
I can't believe it. Really. I cannot believe what happened.

Nuvinho
At least I don't have to purchase playoff tickets for this year.....saves me a few bucks.

TFC111
Seriously, we need people who can play defence, forget about the fucking dp striker, we need D, and now. Oh and CARLOS RUIZ, HAS ANYONE SEEN CARLOS RUIZ?

I saw him send Barrett on a breakaway that he missed.

I didn't see Ricketts anywhere though and I saw Carl Robinson give the ball away a thousand times, including at the end when we gave up the corner that led to the goal. Both Ricketts and Robinson were shit today, far worse than Ruiz.

Dbl_D
This is a team? this was our 'best' team WTF!!!!:noidea:

Yohan
what a fuckin shambles. 3 5 2 with the 3 halfwits we have back there is a fucking disater. Don't be too tough on Sutton, boys, he kept us in that one- poor communication with Robbo, shite defending - season over.
Even with extra midfielder TFC can't create anything.

Fuck.

(though it looked like 4 in the back in 2nd half)

I don't understand. How can the defence play so poorly when away from home? Severe case of shut'er down EVERY away game

TFC Cityboy
Zero concentration from the defenders tonight. Only Marvell had any kind of decent performance. Marshall Velez James and Jimmy B - all liabilities back there tonight. One point would have been bad enough tonight but a defeat realistically ends the season.
Bullshit, boys, bullshit.

PaulinosTFC
This is a team?

Good point...fackin' pathetic is what they are!

ua-kozak_TFC
08-30-2008, 11:39 PM
OUr players have neither heart nor balls... period.

if somebody even mentions sutton and fault in the same sentence i punch them out .....cause if it wasn;t for him we'd be 4-1 down...

Ladies Love Julius James
Thank God I'll be in Montreal next week watching real soccer and avoiding this shit.

Dbl_D
now i cant sleep for the next 2hrs because IM so fn pissed-off...

camcamy
After tonight

Toronto: 26 points
San Jose: 25 points

Unfuckingbelievable

TFC USA
Let me answer my own question, Chivas got a goal in stoppage time?

TFC Cityboy
2 - 1 94 minute disaster

Bars92
08-30-2008, 11:40 PM
maybe there will be some cheap tickets available now..

TFC-Tyler
Fuck this joke of a team. they can go to fucking hell until they show they care, when they play like this they dont deserve support.

Cant wait til Bills season starts!

Roogsy
It speaks to our quality and heart when we give so many games away in extra time.

Especially that back line. It needs to be gutted next year.

I love how Marshall plays with his heart, but he is a sub at this point in his career.

I know this is James' first year but he is going to have to massively improve to get continuous starting time.

Velez seemed to get his shit together after a rough start and is now back to making bonehead plays.

Wynne didn't have a bad game this time but has had his share of clunkers.

Jimmy B on the wing is decent at times but also makes his fair amount of mistakes. But he isn't the worst of the bunch.

Mo needs to work on this backline in the offseason. No question of it.

ilikemusic

Ruiz played well. If Barrett had any kind of finishing touch he would have scored on that chance when Ruiz sent him in all by himself.

Unfortunately Barrett's only 'move' is to blast the ball as hard as possible.

Anyway, the team is absolute shit.

No Canada Cup and no playoffs. But Mo, JC and Robbo are still Gods, am I right?:banghead:

Pyeddo
The man is allowed a mistake after saving the game countless times, why was the ball even allowed in the box man? Do NOT blame sutton for this crapper of a game.

Did not both goals go through his legs? Forgive me if I'm wrong... not blaming the entire loss on him, this just seems to be his achilles heel.

PaulinosTFC
I need a damn joint to calm me down Im so f'n mad right now.

twistedchinaman
This is embarrassing.

Razor
Marshall...brutal game.

Wynne....brutal game.

Velez.....brutal game.

The above people have cost us a playoff spot. They all suck and I hope Mo makes some changes for next year.

I can't go through another season with those ass fucks at the back.

TFC USA
Thank God I'll be in Montreal next week watching real soccer and avoiding this shit.

Yeah, but Canada is playing. :D

dantdot
Worst team in MLS, I mean that says a lot, it's MLS.

Nuvinho
After tonight

Unfuckingbelievable

after next week, San Jose will over take us. How bad is that!!!

Vince Whirlwind
08-30-2008, 11:41 PM
Fek - we are the worst team in the league still.

I've watched a few Quakes games on HD NET and they look miles ahead of us.

I dunno what it is...a big part has to fall on Robinson. He must have given away the ball 30 times tonight.

Our back line looks lost and Velez is shite and James ain't ready.

Barrett has some value, but without Dichio playing, there's no composure and zero consistency.

Sutton plays great all game and then let's in a shot that I could have probably saved.

The Oz

2-1. heres the breakdown. the defence was awful. we could barely ever get a good play going offensively. ruiz was a fucking ghost. and sutton saved the game for us countless times only to have the defence fuck up in the last minute of injury time. people will say that we shouldnt be calling for heads to roll, but we really should. no playoffs this year, at all, someone i dare you to say otherwise and actually mean it. seriously though, something NEEDS TO BE DONE ABOUT THE STATE OF THIS TEAM! WE ARE CONSTANTLY LOSING GAMES WITH BASICALLY NO EFFORT FROM CERTAIN PLAYERS! im starting to think next week will be better because we'll have some subs who will leave there hearts on the field. /rant

TFC111
After tonight

Unfuckingbelievable

Let's watch TFC now use the "only in second year" excuse. This was bullshit. The entire season since the 0-0 draw against Columbus has been like this.

TFC Cityboy
It speaks to our quality and heart when we give so many games away in extra time.

Especially that back line. It needs to be gutted next year.

I love how Marshall plays with his heart, but he is a sub at this point in his career.

I know this is James' first year but he is going to have to massively improve to get continuous starting time.

Velez seemed to get his shit together after a rough start and is now back to making bonehead plays.

Jimmy B on the wing is decent at times but also makes his fair amount of mistakes. But he isn't the worst of the bunch.

Mo needs to work on this backline in the offseason. No question of it.
spot on, mate.

MisterMacphisto
TFC is fucking lucky they are playing away tonight, because if this was at BMO, I'd be fucking waiting at the gate for them right now.

Next week, I'm not going to the game. Going to hopefully watch some real footy in Montreal.

stoked
08-30-2008, 11:42 PM
Enough with this RUIZ bashing. The man SET UP 2 CHANCES, not 1, but 2 CHANCES that should have been goals. What more do you want??? He had no clear goal chances created by his teammates for him and no support what so ever. The problem with his is not even his problem, it was that he had shit all around him. His flashes of brilliance was seen through numerous flick ons and great through balls.
If you put someone of quality beside him in any direction he'll do well... Barrett got chances, Ibee doesn't know positioning and Guevara could only do so much

Ladies Love Julius James
Yeah, but Canada is playing. :D
LOL they got quality on their side at least and I'm confident they;ll play well.

Toronto Ruffrider
That was the worst defence I've seen TFC put up in any game. I haven't seen that many successful through balls since an undermanned Haiti played against Mexico in Olympic qualifying. Even with only three men in the back, I expect better.

dag
Wynne is one of the very few players I unquestionably support, because he runs his heart out all game.

Once again, failure to capitalise on scoring opportunities and inferior defence leads to another heartbreaking loss.

But I still say Sutton should have kicked the ball down to the opposite end with time running out. Don't roll it forward - get it out of there.

summer sunrise
Well, my long weekend _was_ going well until I saw this. I don't understand wtf is happening with our defense and apparently our defense doesn't know wtf is going on either.

Brutal. If I had alcohol handy, I would drown my sorrows.

wzhxvy
Yeah we are done...and trying to avoid making broad based conclusions on this game, but how many times has:

1. Velez showed us that he is a moron. I mean really...just not very bright.
2. I hope Barrett is injured and is not just plain out of shape with all the early exits.
3. I think its official...James is not ready to start.

Daveisonfire
08-30-2008, 11:43 PM
lol it's the Chad Barrett from the youtube vid :p

Yikes Velez on the first goal...and I'm not sure who it went through on the second one...but I sure hope for Marco's sake that it wasn't him

TFC USA
Give Carver a break, he's a mediocre coach, but he yelled his ass off today at these mediocre players.

But don't worry, MO is working hard on a high quality 33 year old from Barnsley.

Ladies Love Julius James
Defense didn't fuck it up in the 94th. Sutton did......couldn't clear the ball for the life of him and that ball just trickled pass his fingers. Yes he had a decent game but let's call a spade a spade.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-30-2008, 11:44 PM
Sutton for Canada...the 4 defenders need to go to school.....depressing.

Batman
after next week, San Jose will over take us. How bad is that!!!

We may still end up with the first draft choice. We're just not getting it the way we thought.

Pyeddo
Defense didn't fuck it up in the 94th. Sutton did......couldn't clear the ball for the life of him and that ball just trickled pass his fingers. Yes he had a decent game but let's call a spade a spade.

Thank you

MisterMacphisto
08-30-2008, 11:45 PM
Well, my long weekend _was_ going well until I saw this. I don't understand wtf is happening with our defense and apparently our defense doesn't know wtf is going on either.

Brutal. If I had alcohol handy, I would drown my sorrows.

For me, its just intensifying the pain right now. :(

Cashcleaner
Angry. Disappointed. Embittered. Muggy. Sleepy. Gutted. Disenfranchised. Franchised. Collated.

I'm sure some of those don't make sense, but I'm pretty much feeling a whole range of emotions right now - all negative.

Sutton played as well as he could considering the Defense was apparently off the pitch and eating some barbequed corn on the cob in the Home Depot Centre parking lot. We simply collapsed on the back line. We let them fucking run all over us.

PaulinosTFC
But I still say Sutton should have kicked the ball down to the opposite end with time running out. Don't roll it forward - get it out of there.

He was trying to make sure we retained posession of the ball because of all the fuckups our defence made earlier...unfortunately he forgot that Robinson was the man he was giving it to.

twistedchinaman
I'm going to sleep until the 4th ODI starts.

I'm so sick of these disasters happening again and again. Maybe this is what happens with a second year team, but what with all the promise that was shown, this is heartbreaking.

This is seriously making me reconsider my San Jose trip again. Why?

I just don't get it.

TFC111

It was a Robinson give away that led to the corner. MANY Robinson giveaways lead to the opposition getting chances or scoring goals. You wanna call a spade a spade the call Robbo shit.

TFC_Chris

Chivas 2 - TFC 1

Goals
TFC - Brennan 19'
CHV - Eskandarian 20'
CHV - Harris 94'

Cards
CHV - Kljestan 15'
CHV - Nagamura 70'
TOR - Marshall 72'
CHV - Vaughn 79'
CHV - Harris 80'

dag
08-30-2008, 11:46 PM

QFT

Look, you win and lose as a team. I'm not placing the loss on Sutton, but his failure to properly clear the ball out of the area led to that second goal. Hoofing it down the field would eliminate any immediate threat. What was he thinking?

FCBarcelona
Well another poor performance in the second half, the whole TFC team sagged with 10 mins left on the clock.
Its seams to me that fitness is a major problem with this team, oh fine they got this fitness trainer , but it shure looks like it not working.

The winning goal was no surprise it was gona come which it did, and BANG TFC are not gona make the playoffs
Sorry but this team does not look like a playoff team, tonite there was no mid-field at times and Chivas had there way buy pushing 3-5 players each time through the middle.
Sutton is the player of the game for a hundredth(if there is such a word) time this season, fantastic saves to keep his club in the game.

John Carver i feel is not much off a coach, replacing Barrett who is the only threat to score goals on this team, when he went off Chivas were left of the hook. He should have three goal tonite but why replace him? He never looked at the coach when he was subbed. Bad move.

Next weeks game at BMO is gona a goal feast for Chivas with upto 9 players missing, but on the other hand the nine players that played tonite were not much better.

Oh well next season starts now.

TFC USA
Look at you guys, you thought we were going to win? And by 3-1?

Sorry, your expectations and the way you thought we were going to win on the road are way off.

We may not win another game this season guys. And once again, we give up multiple goals in a loss and a late goal.

Daveisonfire
08-30-2008, 11:47 PM

I'll have to see a replay again, but I'm pretty sure it went threw the legs of a defender who should have put their foot through it, before coming into the box

ilikemusic
08-30-2008, 11:47 PM
QFT

Look, you win and lose as a team. I'm not placing the loss on Sutton, but his failure to properly clear the ball out of the area led to that second goal. Hoofing it down the field would eliminate any immediate threat. What was he thinking?

That he had adequate midfielders in front of him?

TFC USA
08-30-2008, 11:48 PM
QFT

I saw the goal just now, that was Sutton. That being said, this defense is at a PDL level. Velez has to go and James should be benched.

TFC111
So what 35 year old Brit will we sign next to play unimaginative football? This is all such fucking bullshit. I've defended a lot of bullshit over the last year but this is inexcusable. When was the last time Chivas won a game before Toronto and their overpaid and underachieving men rolled into town?

Ladies Love Julius James
It wasn't the first time he didn't clear the ball properly though. Fucked up 2 times prior I believe maybe 3 and the commentators pointed it out

Cashcleaner
08-30-2008, 11:49 PM
Sutton has to partly shoulder the blame for the overtime goal, but who was behind him at the upright to his left?

twistedchinaman
Well that's it gents. Defense has cost us the season.

Ladies Love Julius James
Jo. Smith?

icecoldbeer

Sorry, your expectations and the way you thought we were going to win on the road are way off.

We may not win another game this season guys. And once again, we give up multiple goals in a loss and a late goal.

'You guys' followed by 'we'...who's side you on?

VPjr
fitting end to a shit game. The better team won and they were shit too. have you ever seen so many 1v1 attempts at goal with so little to show for it (from both teams).

if this is our "best" lineup, god help you guys who will attend the game next Saturday.

Thankfully I'll be in Montreal watching our NT.

I'm so thankful that the rest of the world is playing soccer again so I can actually watch good footy after a long summer of absolute crap.

its settled....no more TFC home games for me this year.

TFC Cityboy
John Carver i feel is not much off a coach, replacing Barrett who is the only threat to score goals on this team, when he went off Chivas were left of the hook. He should have three goal tonite but why replace him? He never looked at the coach when he was subbed. Bad move.

It looked like Chad took a knock and was struggling- just look at the way he fucked up the 1 on 1 with Cecil Fielder - he had no pace. Good decision to take him off in the light that some of us RPBs may get a game next week.

TFC USA
If we lose again next week, I demand the RPB and U-Sector chant "Fire Mo", because he doesn't get it obviously.

twistedchinaman
So what 35 year old Brit will we sign next to play unimaginative football? This is all such fucking bullshit. I've defended a lot of bullshit over the last year but this is inexcusable. When was the last time Chivas won a game before Toronto and their overpaid and underachieving men rolled into town?

I think it was time immemorial.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-30-2008, 11:50 PM

we started off well the quick Chivas gola killed the spirt of the team..
and were missing 9 next week..could be out worst defeat in team History?

TFC USA
08-30-2008, 11:50 PM
'You guys' followed by 'we'...who's side you on?

I said you guys because I picked Chivas to beat us comfortably.

twistedchinaman
08-30-2008, 11:51 PM
If we lose again next week, I demand the RPB and U-Sector chant "Fire Mo", because he doesn't get it obviously.

And Carver.

TFC USA
08-30-2008, 11:52 PM
Mo is signing these worthless players, MO has to go. And Nigel Reed should be GM.

RPB_Brantford_08

how was tonights game Mo fault..Blame marshall, velez, brennan...
wynne was the only good player at the back with sutton...can't win with one defender.

Cobblers
some thoughts...

-sutton stood on his head but let in a soft goal for the winner
-for all the hype about Winsper's conditioning, Chivas outran and outlasted us tonight. They got to every ball first and were running until the end when TFC were spent...
-Robbo was terrible tonight (I can hear the Robbo haters rejoicing)
-supporters on this board gave Edu a lot of stick this year but there was a clear, gaping hole in midfield today - we got killed in the middle of the pitch tonight...
-Ruiz has vision and played some great passes - his passes should've resulted in two easy Barret goals. Otherwise he didn't provide much tonight
-how is it that a 23 year old professional striker (Barrett) can't finish a game - he's dead tired after 60 minutes each game - WTF? At that age I could run for days...
-our back 4 - nuff said (actually back 3 - Marv was OK tonight)
-JoSmith needs a football brain and needs to know when to pass and when to take guys on...
-why are TFC players such poor decision makers - if I see one more throw thrown to an opposition player with no TFC player within 10 yards I'm gonna lose it...
-I said this earlier but I will be happy if Velez never plays for TFC again - he makes WAY too many mistakes
-our season is likely over...

Daveisonfire
I don't see how people are blaming Robinson for the last goal...Sportsnet cut away from the action (to do one of their completely necessary ISO shots) and then cut back and Chivas has the ball...It could have been a bad throw too

MisterMacphisto
08-30-2008, 11:54 PM
At this point, Id be happy if we fucking fired everyone single damn one of them and bought a USL team to start completely over. Fuck, lets field our academy team of Canadian boys, I'm certain they'd play with more heart.

dag
08-30-2008, 11:54 PM
Cobblers - I agree with all of your points except the last one - our season IS over.

Vince Whirlwind
08-30-2008, 11:55 PM
I don't see how people are blaming Robinson for the last goal...Sportsnet cut away from the action (to do one of their completely necessary ISO shots) and then cut back and Chivas has the ball...It could have been a bad throw too

I think it's agreed it was all Sutton on that one, but Robinson had an absolute dog of a game.

TFC USA
08-30-2008, 11:55 PM
how was tonights game Mo fault..Blame marshall, velez, brennan...
wynne was the only good player at the back with sutton...can't win with one defender.

Brennan? Why?

Too bad Mo signed these gasbags. His fault.

Cashcleaner
08-30-2008, 11:56 PM
And Carver.

Sorry, but you're way off with that. Trust me when I say that Carver is facing a brick wall from Mo and the management. If he had control of the roster from the start, we'd probably be looking at a much different and possibly more talented squad.

ilikemusic
08-30-2008, 11:56 PM

I really wish they would have shown what happened but it wouldnt be the first time Robbo wasnt paying attention to what was going on behind him. I dont know how people here love him so much. At least 5 or 6 times a game he turns the ball over because he isnt noticing the pressure coming from his blind spots. Unless he gets the ball all by his lonesome in the middle of the pitch he is completely useless. How many times in the second half did he just resort to passing it back to Velez instead of sending it forward?

RPB_Brantford_08
08-30-2008, 11:57 PM
Brennan? Why?

Too bad Mo signed these gasbags. His fault.

he was just as responsible as marshall,velez and wynne for the goal,
no exceptions

TFC111
08-30-2008, 11:58 PM
I think it's agreed it was all Sutton on that one, but Robinson had an absolute dog of a game.

... and season. Possibly career. What is he, only the second highest player on the team? For what?

I actually felt bad for Ruiz, having to play with so many people who clearly suck.

MG42
pissed off, but man, we didn't even deserve to win that game...

The equation is simple folks;

NO DICHIO = NO WIN

bgnewf
That's All She Wrote Boys - Goodbye Playoffs

Post the debacle this evening in Chivas here is where we are:

- 26 points to this point.
- 8 games remaining.
- 42 points is the consensus to get you into the playoffs.
- 16 points out of 24 on the table means 5 wins and a draw out of 8 or 4 wins and 4 draws.
- Someone tell me where 5 wins are coming from??? Not happening people.

We got Chivas, Columbus, Houston and Chicago home. Anybody willing to bet that we are going to run the table on these??? I think two out of four would be good considering the quality of the competition. We got San Jose, Energy Drinks, Dallas and KC away. I am being optimistic here that we can get a win and perhaps a draw or two here.

13 points tops. That is 39 by my count. Not enough I think to make it.

wzhxvy
08-30-2008, 11:59 PM
Speaking of sportsnet and their ISO shots...how many times did they do that and completely miss important plays...and why does Barrett look drenched with sweat in the first 5 minutes of the game ???

twistedchinaman
I'm off to get something alcoholic.

Anyone want to join me?

TFC111
Sorry, but you're way off with that. Trust me when I say that Carver is facing a brick wall from Mo and the management. If he had control of the roster from the start, we'd probably be looking at a much different and possibly more talented squad.

What other Newcastle/Luton Town/Leeds United rejects from the reserve squad would we have gotten?

ilikemusic

Well that doesnt sound like a conducive environment for success at all. Why is our coach facing a brick wall from the person who hired him?

I will say this, Mo is a genius for getting himself a promotion and passing the buck onto someone else.

RPB_Brantford_08

It all comes down to the fact we a second year team going up against more experienced MLS teams, i said at the start of the season a .500
record wold be more then acceptable, and we can still pull that off.
Playoffs...wait till 09.

TFC USA
08-31-2008, 12:00 AM
he was just as responsible as marshall,velez and wynne for the goal,
no exceptions

Surprised you didn't blame the CBC.

Oblio2
"Strongest team out there"
Bullshit.
It's just fucking embrassing, week after fucking week.....
This lot would get beaten by a fucking conference side. Honestly, we are shit.
Yeah, im mad and ranting...I dont give a fuck. The standard of football is pathetic. Shit passes, bad play, no backtracking, shit defending, no creativity and forwards that can't score.
Add that to Refs who are quite possibly the WORST referees I have EVER seen and you have a bullshit, 3rd rate product that is a pile of steaming monkey shit.

Good job sending out the renwals this week...because seeing that tripe tonight, I can't wait to see the horse-shit next week when we have 9 starters out.

Pathetic!

FCBarcelona
... and season. Possibly career. What is he, only the second highest player on the team? For what?

I actually felt bad for Ruiz, having to play with so many people who clearly suck.

agree

icecoldbeer
08-31-2008, 12:01 AM
So TFC USA is a troll?

TFC USA
08-31-2008, 12:02 AM
So TFC USA is a troll?

No...

dag
08-31-2008, 12:03 AM
What other Newcastle/Luton Town/Leeds United rejects from the reserve squad would we have gotten?

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at that line.

Daveisonfire
08-31-2008, 12:03 AM
LOL time to leave the computer :)

FCBarcelona
08-31-2008, 12:04 AM

Anyone want to join me?
===========
I'm in where Melrose BAR on red mile ?:D

BASE
08-31-2008, 12:04 AM
I actually look forward to next week - the young guys have impressed me with their hard work and determination in games vs. Pachuca, Independiente, LA Galaxy (back in May), and Colorado. They surely can't be any worse then the team we watched tonight. They were a sorry lot. While he has come up big all year, Sutton is letting in more than his share of softies (Cooper comes to mind) Chivas playing with an injury filled roster were clearly the better side and deserved all three points. Is it just me or does Toronto always look more tired than the opposing teams??? Wasn't this what Whinsper was brought in for? Surely we are not getting our $$$ worth from the almighty saviour of physical fitness as Mo proclaimed are we???

How much was that Season Ticket price increase again????

Cashcleaner
08-31-2008, 12:07 AM
Well that doesnt sound like a conducive environment for success at all. Why is our coach facing a brick wall from the person who hired him?

I will say this, Mo is a genius for getting himself a promotion and passing the buck onto someone else.

Unfortunately, that sorta shit hapens all the time in almost any organisation. I can't recall exactly what the circumstances were for getting Carver over here, but I know it wasn't Mo's idea or anything. Someone made the recommendation (can't remember who) and he didn't really have any other options, so he brought JC over.

Trust me, I used to be in Mo corner for most of last year and the start of this season; but looking at how things have transpired, I say he's time is running out at TFC.

ilikemusic
08-31-2008, 12:07 AM
Paul Winsper is such a great strength and conditioning coach that Chad Barrett can play striker for an entire 60 minutes!

FCBarcelona
08-31-2008, 12:08 AM
I actually look forward to next week - the young guys have impressed me with their hard work and determination in games vs. Pachuca, Independiente, LA Galaxy (back in May), and Colorado. They surely can't be any worse then the team we watched tonight. They were a sorry lot. While he has come up big all year, Sutton is letting in more than his share of softies (Cooper comes to mind) Chivas playing with an injury filled roster were clearly the better side and deserved all three points. Is it just me or does Toronto always look more tired than the opposing teams??? Wasn't this what Whinsper was brought in for? Surely we are not getting our $$$ worth from the almighty saviour of physical fitness as Mo proclaimed are we???

How much was that Season Ticket price increase again????
============
no yoor no seening things , TFC players do look tired at half time! The seams to oot to go at TFC late n games yoo'll be rewarded.
Oh Sutton has worned th goat horn after a few games this year, but the back four in most games are to blame.

Hooligan69
08-31-2008, 12:09 AM
I guess Chad was doing his best Cunningham tonight. What a disgrace this club has become and that's putting it mildly.

Vince Whirlwind
It all comes down to the fact we a second year team going up against more experienced MLS teams, i said at the start of the season a .500
record wold be more then acceptable, and we can still pull that off.
Playoffs...wait till 09.

"Go For the Bronze!"

I guess what you're saying might be true, save for the fact we couldn't beat out a couple of "lower league" squads in Montreal and Vancouver in what should be a gimme tournament for us.

FCBarcelona
Unfortunately, that sorta shit hapens all the time in almost any organisation. I can't recall exactly what the circumstances were for getting Carver over here, but I know it wasn't Mo's idea or anything. Someone made the recommendation (can't remember who) and he didn't really have any other options, so he brought JC over.

Trust me, I used to be in Mo corner for most of last year and the start of this season; but looking at how things have transpired, I say he's time is running out at TFC.
============
was this the same problem with NY Redbulls ?

TFC111
08-31-2008, 12:11 AM

Forest was going apeshit about Robinson not paying attention. Chivas hustled to the corner and you could see in Robinson's body language after it went in that he was the shitbox responsible for that turnover leading to a goal.

I don't blame Sutton for anything. The defenders were awful and Robbo: I watched New England and LA earlier and Joseph on the Revs is a real holding midfielder who could give the older and more "experienced" Robinson 10 years worth of lessons on how to play football.

Blizzard
08-31-2008, 12:12 AM
Marshall...brutal game.

Wynne....brutal game.

Velez.....brutal game.

The above people have cost us a playoff spot. They all suck and I hope Mo makes some changes for next year.

I can't go through another season with those ass fucks at the back.

James was the worst of the bunch. (You forgot to mention that.)

Cashcleaner
08-31-2008, 12:12 AM
============
was this the same problem with NY Redbulls ?

I don't think so. I do know that Mo already had a job with TFC in his sights for quite a while prior to his departure at NYRB.

twistedchinaman
08-31-2008, 12:13 AM
===========
I'm in where Melrose BAR on red mile ?:D

We keep a well stocked bar at home.

Rum and mango juice. Perfect tonic for this sorta shitty shit.

dantdot
08-31-2008, 12:14 AM
Forest was going apeshit about Robinson not paying attention. Chivas hustled to the corner and you could see in Robinson's body language after it went in that he was the shitbox responsible for that turnover leading to a goal.

I don't blame Sutton for anything. The defenders were awful and Robbo: I watched New England and LA earlier and Joseph on the Revs is a real holding midfielder who could give the older and more "experienced" Robinson 10 years worth of lessons on how to play football.

Careful, if you criticize Robinson around here, they say you don't know anything about football.

Blizzard
08-31-2008, 12:14 AM
Enough with this RUIZ bashing. The man SET UP 2 CHANCES, not 1, but 2 CHANCES that should have been goals. What more do you want??? He had no clear goal chances created by his teammates for him and no support what so ever. The problem with his is not even his problem, it was that he had shit all around him. His flashes of brilliance was seen through numerous flick ons and great through balls.
If you put someone of quality beside him in any direction he'll do well... Barrett got chances, Ibee doesn't know positioning and Guevara could only do so much

Agreed! Chad both times. I'm not sure how people expect him to sync in immediately with the club. Sadly, they won't have the chance to gel next week.

He showed a nice touch.

I hope he's not wishing he was in Columbus right now.

Daveisonfire
08-31-2008, 12:15 AM

You may be right...or I may be right...We will have to believe it when we see it

Oblio2
08-31-2008, 12:16 AM
Careful, if you criticize Robinson around here, they say you don't know anything about football.

Yeah, it was Robbo's fault that a soft shot whoch could have been saved by a 3 year old went in.....

ilikemusic
08-31-2008, 12:17 AM
Another play that cant go unmentioned was Ibby's throw in around the 90th minutes. It was right up in Chivas' end and instead of waiting for players to come up or (the right decision) waiting for Wynne to come and take the throw, Ibby decides to throw it in asap, whether there is a Toronto player there or not. Of course there wasnt, and it basically looked like Ibby intentionally threw it right to the feet of three Chivas players. Like he didnt even want possession. A fucking joke.

Roogsy
08-31-2008, 12:19 AM
Another play that cant go unmentioned was Ibby's throw in around the 90th minutes. It was right up in Chivas' end and instead of waiting for players to come up or (the right decision) waiting for Wynne to come and take the throw, Ibby decides to throw it in asap, whether there is a Toronto player there or not. Of course there wasnt, and it basically looked like Ibby intentionally threw it right to the feet of three Chivas players. Like he didnt even want possession. A fucking joke.

I saw that and almost passed out. I know he is a kid...but I think at his age, I would've known better than to hand the ball back to the other team on a silver plate. WTF???

TFC111
08-31-2008, 12:20 AM
Yeah, it was Robbo's fault that a soft shot whoch could have been saved by a 3 year old went in.....

Robbo gave the ball away like a 3 year old retarded child right before the corner so yeah, it was his fault as were his several giveaways all game that led to multiple chances for the other team when Sutton had to bail us out.

the-lower-eastsider
08-31-2008, 12:22 AM
It was a Robinson give away that led to the corner. MANY Robinson giveaways lead to the opposition getting chances or scoring goals. You wanna call a spade a spade the call Robbo shit.
i said it last year to anyone who'd listen. robinson=shit. total overrated bag of shit. man do i miss ronnie o'.
craiger

Oblio2
08-31-2008, 12:23 AM
Robbo gave the ball away like a 3 year old retarded child right before the corner so yeah, it was his fault as were his several giveaways all game that led to multiple chances for the other team when Sutton had to bail us out.

Keep blaming Robbo..that shit is old.
The whole team sucked.

BASE
08-31-2008, 12:26 AM
I guess Chad was doing his best Cunningham tonight. What a disgrace this club has become and that's putting it mildly.

FYI Cunningham notched his 101st goal vs. Columbus tonight.

the-lower-eastsider
08-31-2008, 12:31 AM

Anyone want to join me?
i thought youd never ask.

TicTacTabarnack
08-31-2008, 12:34 AM
Fuck ... Calisse d'esti d'tabarnack!!!!

Ok ... I'm done ... Just got back from Shoeless ... Unimpressed. Fuck!

egoodwin
08-31-2008, 12:36 AM
how fitting though... what makes these road losses so shitty is that it's always the last minute goal that kills us.

Usually this season I'm disappointed with a draw, but a draw today we would have been extremely lucky to get

I'm just happy I am headed to Montreal next Sat... though I do intend on watching the TFC Game on tv so I hope our reserves play with more heart...

TFC111
08-31-2008, 12:36 AM
Keep blaming Robbo..that shit is old.
The whole team sucked.

And that includes Robbo. It's not a shock that he has never been more than a League Championship player and if he weren't a Brit, he wouldn't be getting such an undeserved high salary. Speaking of Brits, will Ricketts explain on his blog why most of his game included looking bewildered and not doing anything when our season was on the line? He sure markets himself nicely, but some consistent on-field substance would be welcome.

TFC111
08-31-2008, 12:39 AM
I am so fucking pissed off that I"m watching baseball highlights and kinda liking it. Fuck.

Oblio2
08-31-2008, 12:42 AM
Turn over and watch RoboCop 2....I am :)

TFC111
08-31-2008, 12:46 AM
Turn over and watch RoboCop 2....I am :)

Good call but I found Clerks on one of the movie networks. Good night.

Keegan
08-31-2008, 12:54 AM
Let the kids play. Gala, Attakora (inj I know or he would have (well should have) started over one of Velez, James), Rosenlund, Jo. Smith, Ibrahim, Melo, Gaudet. These guys should be playing next match. They are our future and they ARE good already. Look at the Colorado game to see.

Cashcleaner
08-31-2008, 12:57 AM
Let the kids play. Gala, Attakora (inj I know or he would have (well should have) started over one of Velez, James), Rosenlund, Jo. Smith, Ibrahim, Melo, Gaudet. These guys should be playing next match. They are our future and they ARE good already. Look at the Colorado game to see.

Absolutlety right. The younger guys have always shown that well they don't neccesarily have a lot of skill or knowledge of the more refined techniques, they play with a lot of heart.

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-31-2008, 01:06 AM
It’s going to be really interesting to see which team looks better - our so called best team which played tonight or our weakest team which will play next game.

I'm usually a huge Robinson defender, but no two ways about it he had a stinker tonight - like almost the whole team. I know Ibrahim’s young, but is it just me or is he getting worse? He was pooplicious tonight.

GBV
08-31-2008, 01:38 AM

with due respect, neither canada nor honduras are exactly world class either.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-31-2008, 02:17 AM
didnt bother to read the thread as its prob relatively the same reasonable complaints throughout.

Backline couldnt clear for shit (defo a defensive prob, its been the same prob all year).
Ruiz showed promise, didnt do anything spectacular tho.
We can kiss our playoff chances goodbye, i rue saying this but this was the nail in the coffin.

tlear
08-31-2008, 02:45 AM
Yeah season is over, what is funny I bet we will beat Chivas at home next week with reserves and random academy players on the field lol

BTW Ruiz looked decent nice setups, Barret did not finish but he been doing quite well for us so far, he is allowed to fuck up time to time. Our defense.. crap, Robbo had a bad game which basically showed what our defense is worth (not much)

dupont
08-31-2008, 02:49 AM
wow that was the worst defense ever. how many clear breaks did we give them anyways because I lost count. Honestly I'm surprised the score wasnt worse than it was.

Brooker
08-31-2008, 02:54 AM
i'm getting tired of watching this movie.

same shit ending.

king dave
08-31-2008, 02:55 AM
mo Is A Douchbag.

the Sooner He's Gone.
the Better We'll Be.
Kd.

The_Truth
08-31-2008, 03:35 AM
i'm getting tired of watching this movie.

same shit ending.

92' goal @ Chicago in a 2-1 loss
87' goal @ Real Salt Lake in a 2-1 loss
92' goal @ New York in a 2-0 loss
91' goal @ Dallas in a 2-0 loss
94' goal @ Chivas in a 2-1 loss

Scary. Either this team doesn't have the fight to see a fair few of their matches out to the very end or they simply don't have the fitness and physical ability to do it.

Any other explanation for it come from apologists.

Shakes McQueen
08-31-2008, 04:46 AM
- Defenders were all pretty terrible tonight. My friend and I actually couldn't believe what we were seeing. So many stretched through balls from Chivas, that resulted in awful breakaways along the left and right flanks. Over, and over, and over again. I could see it happening once (like it did against New England), but Eskandarian was handed 2-3 can't-miss scoring opportunities (which he then missed).

- Ruiz was alright, from what I saw. Orchestrated a few great passes - one of which sent Barrett on one of his 2-3 breakaways this match, of which he missed all of them. Barrett had a few good looks, and tested the keeper a couple of times. He also worked really hard, and made a couple of smart moves.

- Brennan's goal was brilliant. Guevara was Guevara, but he never got a chance to shine.

- Robbo had a horrible night. James should be a bench player, not a starter. Velez played a weak game, and was one of the main causes of the first goal.

- Sutton played well, and I kind of wished he would have lost his cool on the defense, for all of the nonsense mistakes they were making.

- The extra-time goal, was embarrassing. I hope they all know that. A low-rolling cross, which got almost to the penalty spot before anyone touched it, let alone a TFC player.

- Four words: Too much ball watching. All of the through passes by Chivas, were a result of our defenders standing in place, and out of position, watching the ball sail over their head.

This result pretty much ended our playoff hopes. John/Mo's focus now should be on who stays, who goes, and who gets promoted to starter for next season.

You really can't hang this result on Mo or Carver, though. We have seen TFC play better football than this, so they have clearly been coached to do better than this.

I had hoped we would have no more downright awful matches, like the recent Red Bulls match, but I think this one might have been worse. The few offensive bright spots are the only thing that save this from the bottom ranking on my list.

Well boys, all you have left to play for now is pride. I hope you consider that a worthy thing to fight for. Sutton had every reason to be pissed at the defenders, because they really hung him out to dry for 70-80 minutes tonight.

- Scott

NF-FC
08-31-2008, 06:02 AM
they had the unfair advantage of being able to direct the ball to their teammates. must have been some sort of witch craft

TFC_Toon
08-31-2008, 06:21 AM
John Carver post game quote:

""It was crazy, wasn't it? There was seconds left," Carver said. "We have the ball with the goalkeeper. He then rolls it out to one of our midfield players who was running with his back to the play. It ends up going out for a corner and it's in the back of the net. What is frustrating is that it comes from a guy who is an experienced player, an international... He's made some good saves in the game that's important. But with his experience I expected him just to keep it and then stick it in behind, we see the game out, we get the draw and it's better than losing all three points."

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080831&content_id=184498&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

I have to agree with this statement.

TFC_Toon
08-31-2008, 06:25 AM
...and another Carver post game quote:

"Fortunately from their point-of-view they all go off on international duty now," Carver said, "because if they'd have to be there, they'd go in Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday working on defending. I'm absolutely furious."

Join the group John.

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/team_news.jsp?ymd=20080831&content_id=184498&vkey=news_t280&fext=.jsp&team=t280

tfc007
08-31-2008, 07:06 AM
And that includes Robbo. It's not a shock that he has never been more than a League Championship player and if he weren't a Brit, he wouldn't be getting such an undeserved high salary. Speaking of Brits, will Ricketts explain on his blog why most of his game included looking bewildered and not doing anything when our season was on the line? He sure markets himself nicely, but some consistent on-field substance would be welcome.
His long ball passing was way off,as usuall.I tend to agree,he is not even championship league calibre.He is more like league one calibre.I have been paying attention more to his play this year and he has been very poor.But in fairness to him their are a few more players on the team in the same boat.Our defence has cost us this year big time,we wouldnt be in this position if they didnt fuck up so much! And MLSE wants to raise ticket price! Fuck Them!

King Jeff
08-31-2008, 07:19 AM

Scary. Either this team doesn't have the fight to see a fair few of their matches out to the very end or they simply don't have the fitness and physical ability to do it.

Any other explanation for it come from apologists.

I'm hardly an apologist, but I'm not sure fitness has anything to do with it. We lose games late for the same reason that 'big' teams in Europe tend to win a lot of games late. It's because talent generally wins out in the end, and we're just not good enough -- period.

bhoybobby
08-31-2008, 07:25 AM

Ricketts gets away with murder, he is so inconsistent. Not up to it I'm afraid, great personality, not much of a player though.

olegunnar
08-31-2008, 10:13 AM

Forrest and Devos are the biggest Sutton apologists ever. It's bordering on a school girl crush they way they both ignore all of his fuck ups and blame everyone but him.

The production teams seem to be in on it too. I almost had to laugh last night when the director would do some random close up on a player during Sutton's goal kicks....then next thing you know suddenly Chivas has the ball?

olegunnar
08-31-2008, 10:24 AM
Ruiz played well. If Barrett had any kind of finishing touch he would have scored on that chance when Ruiz sent him in all by himself.

Unfortunately Barrett's only 'move' is to blast the ball as hard as possible.

Anyway, the team is absolute shit.

No Canada Cup and no playoffs. But Mo, JC and Robbo are still Gods, am I right?:banghead:

Not singling you out, I just think your post is a good example to use.

I get the sense that when barrett missed (put it off Thornton's heel) the board feels that it was Barrett's screw up, not a good save by Thornton. However

When Eskandarian hit Sutton in the chest/shoulder or when the try out guy...for got his name...scuffed the ball and sutton fell on it....those were great Sutton saves.

Interesting :noidea:

Kickit09
08-31-2008, 10:29 AM
sutton should of had that last goal, even the first one maybe, but definitely the last one. how many weak goals is he going to let in until we realize he's nothing more than a USL caliber keeper. I don’t care if he’s Canadian, we can do better.

Daveisonfire
08-31-2008, 10:44 AM
What I would do to have Tebiliy :(

RPB_Brantford_08
08-31-2008, 10:45 AM
sutton should of had that last goal, even the first one maybe, but definitely the last one. how many weak goals is he going to let in until we realize he's nothing more than a USL caliber keeper. I don’t care if he’s Canadian, we can do better.

with whom...Edwards? Monslave? yes he should have had the second goal but blame all 4 defenders on the first.

LucaGol
08-31-2008, 10:47 AM
Every aspect of this team is bad....there's no use picking out specific players and blaming them.

Its just a rotating carousel of who f's up the worst from game to game.

Roogsy
08-31-2008, 10:55 AM
Every aspect of this team is bad....there's no use picking out specific players and blaming them.

So unfortunately true.

Just shoot me now.

RPB73
08-31-2008, 11:09 AM
Well another poor performance in the second half, the whole TFC team sagged with 10 mins left on the clock.
Its seams to me that fitness is a major problem with this team, oh fine they got this fitness trainer , but it shure looks like it not working.

The winning goal was no surprise it was gona come which it did, and BANG TFC are not gona make the playoffs
Sorry but this team does not look like a playoff team, tonite there was no mid-field at times and Chivas had there way buy pushing 3-5 players each time through the middle.
Sutton is the player of the game for a hundredth(if there is such a word) time this season, fantastic saves to keep his club in the game.

Next weeks game at BMO is gona a goal feast for Chivas with upto 9 players missing, but on the other hand the nine players that played tonite were not much better.

Oh well next season starts now.

I agree with your point about Carver not being much of a coach. We started the game with 4 at the back correct. So what did he possibly see to switch to 3 at the back. They were cutting us open with the 4 at the back. He must be watching a different game . The coach should dictate the style of play right, so why do we consistantly play kick and chase like a bunch of 10 year olds. We look totally disorganized and confused we can't keep our shape at all, that to me is the coaches fault. Barrett coming off fine but Ibby, Dichio has to come on he is more of a threat to score. If he is not fit why is he on the bench? Sorry Carver must go.

PaulinosTFC
08-31-2008, 11:22 AM
Ricketts gets away with murder, he is so inconsistent. Not up to it I'm afraid, great personality, not much of a player though.

I've been saying it time and time again, Robinson simply does not know what to do when he gets the ball. He either plays it back to the defense which is fine, but every other time it's a long ball that either goes out or goes to the other team's defenders and we lose posession (which lead to a few very good chances for Chivas). This guy needs to go next year, I can think of a million better ways to spend $300k.

As for Ricketts, I still think he is the most consistent player we have. No one on this team comes close to his ability to hold the ball, send balls through and cross them into the box. Who set up Brennan's goal again? Oh yeah, Ricketts...last week against NE? Ricketts again. The guy needs more help and I dare anyone say that he didn't put any effort in this game cuz there were times when he was trying to fight 3 defenders off and there are TFC players all around NOT moving and just ball-watching...absolutely unacceptable.

Kickit09
08-31-2008, 11:26 AM
san jose is now just 1 point behind us and from the way they are playing they WILL pass us very soon and finish the season with more points than we will. how pathetic is that. where are the "its only our 2nd season" people now.

LucaGol
08-31-2008, 11:30 AM
san jose is now just 1 point behind us and from the way they are playing they WILL pass us very soon and finish the season with more points than we will. how pathetic is that. where are the "its only our 2nd season" people now.

It's a hockey mentality.....wow...we're an expansion team....so what

This is soccer not hockey where the talent pool for a certain level is finite...

Soccer talent...(especially for MLS standards) exists in every corner of the globe.

So what do you do...you go and get it....just because its the second year it doesn't mean your team should be playing like crap. Turnover in this sport is immense....it shouldn't take 5 years to build a team. This sport is driven by money....(even in a league with a salary cap)

F*ck...half the teams in the league have rebuilt themselves since last year and are better than we are.

Again...not saying investing in youth is not worthwhile...but it's not as important as it is in other North American sports.

Kickit09
08-31-2008, 11:37 AM
with whom...Edwards? Monslave? yes he should have had the second goal but blame all 4 defenders on the first.

at this point i would start edwards. he's young, he has potential and can get better the more he plays. sutton is what he is and nothing more, a USL keeper in the MLS...allthougth, Mo should be able to upgrade in the offseason.

Chewy Unikronik
08-31-2008, 11:39 AM
ANOTHER last minute goal against??? How many has that been now for this season?
Sheeeeeeeeeee-it!

giambac
08-31-2008, 12:02 PM
John Carver post game quote:

""It was crazy, wasn't it? There was seconds left," Carver said. "We have the ball with the goalkeeper. He then rolls it out to one of our midfield players who was running with his back to the play. It ends up going out for a corner and it's in the back of the net. What is frustrating is that it comes from a guy who is an experienced player, an international... He's made some good saves in the game that's important. But with his experience I expected him just to keep it and then stick it in behind, we see the game out, we get the draw and it's better than losing all three points."

I have to agree with this statement.

I missed the post game interview.

Did Carver mention anything about the game plan he designed. I mean the fact that I thought I was watching the Leafs out there. 2 on 1, 3 on 1, clear cut breakaways. It was a total disgrace.

If I didn't know better I would think we were playing a preseason match. all the players looked out of sync. The match was full of mistakes and breakdowns.

The thing is that the media and Carver and the fans have been bitching about next weeks game at BMO where we will be missing 7-8 players due to international play. Well yesterday we had all of our regulars and we flat out lost. We were dominated and the score should have been 5-1. Stop BITVHING WITH THE EXCUSES. THIS TEAM IS BAD.

Did Carver mention this or did he only pencil out Sutton?

What I can't figure out is that after the first week in une we had 6 wins. Almost 3 months later we have 7. Something isn't right here.

It's time we start looking to next year. To me this year is a bigger disaapointmnet than last year. Nothing has gone right. Last year we were an expansion team and no one expected much. This year the SJ expansion team will finish ahead of us. The way we are playing we will finish dead last again. That is not acceptable.

Thank God there isn't regulation in this league. We would be in the USl next year and I don't think we would climb back up.

TFC USA
08-31-2008, 12:05 PM
FYI Cunningham notched his 101st goal vs. Columbus tonight.

Yeah, they still lost.

Derko
08-31-2008, 12:31 PM
I missed the post game interview.

Did Carver mention anything about the game plan he designed. I mean the fact that I thought I was watching the Leafs out there. 2 on 1, 3 on 1, clear cut breakaways. It was a total disgrace.

If I didn't know better I would think we were playing a preseason match. all the players looked out of sync. The match was full of mistakes and breakdowns.

The thing is that the media and Carver and the fans have been bitching about next weeks game at BMO where we will be missing 7-8 players due to international play. Well yesterday we had all of our regulars and we flat out lost. We were dominated and the score should have been 5-1. Stop BITVHING WITH THE EXCUSES. THIS TEAM IS BAD.

Did Carver mention this or did he only pencil out Sutton?

What I can't figure out is that after the first week in une we had 6 wins. Almost 3 months later we have 7. Something isn't right here.

It's time we start looking to next year. To me this year is a bigger disaapointmnet than last year. Nothing has gone right. Last year we were an expansion team and no one expected much. This year the SJ expansion team will finish ahead of us. The way we are playing we will finish dead last again. That is not acceptable.

Thank God there isn't regulation in this league. We would be in the USl next year and I don't think we would climb back up.

Giambac, I have to agree that the match was absolute shit, and this year has gone down the drain, a good start but TFC have not improved while all of the other teams have. I don't know whether it is talent, coaching, desire to win or all 3. I am dissapointed with the shape of things

Cashcleaner
08-31-2008, 12:37 PM

It's true. Some guys shine will shine one night and completely suck ass a week later. I will say that Sutton and Brennan are a bit of an exception.

Sutton had a doozy of a mistake on Saturday that could have made the difference between a draw and a loss , but he typically plays well when you consider how inconsistent the defense is. Brennan isn't usually all that bad either and is markedly more dependable than most others on the pitch.

ben_vw
08-31-2008, 12:40 PM
Here (http://www.benstfc.blogspot.com) is my blog write up of the match...

Brief Synopsis

Toronto FC defended like incompetent little girls and gifted Chivas USA a 2-1 win last night. Jim Brennan scored a fantastic goal that Alecko Eskandarian cancelled out two minutes later. In the 93rd minute Atiba Harris scored the winner off of a corner kick. Chad Barrett missed two glorious opportunities but shot wide on the first and was saved by Zach Thornton on the second.

Starting Eleven and Player Ratings

We started with a 4-4-2 but John Carver switched to a 3-5-2 after about 25 minutes. The positions show below will reflect the 3-5-2.

GK: Greg Sutton - 6 - The man stood on his head all game, making save after save, only to finish with a completely thoughtless play.
RB: Marco Velez - 3 - He was a useless pylon on the pitch. Razov's pass somehow got past him for Esky on Chivas' first goal.
CB: Tyrone Marshall - 6 - Our only decent defender on the evening. He played well considering Velez and James looked so incompetent.
LB: Julius James - 4 - James has potential but needs time. He is a solid defender however when he has the ball he seems to lose it more often than not.
RM: Marvell Wynne - 6 - He contributed very little to the attack but saved Velez' ass numerous times. He had a phenomenal block to prevent Razov from scoring.
CM: Rohan Ricketts - 4 - Ricketts drifted in and out of last week's match versus the Revs and was invisible last night. A player with so much skill has to drive our team.
CM: Carl Robinson - 4 - Robbo has been phenomenal all season however last night he looked about as useful as Kevin Harmse.
LM: Jim Brennan - 7 - Out of everyone on the pitch, Brennan stood out. His goal was phenomenally taken and was solid when he was moved back to defense.
CAM: Amado Guevara - 6 - He was solid however never really had the opportunity to shine due to our inept defense.
FW: Chad Barrett - 5 - The man's work rate it phenomenal however his lack of finishing touch shone in this one. He should have had two.
FW: Carlos Ruiz - 5 - Ruiz had no scoring opportunities however set up Barrett on what should have been a goal. He had lots of useful touches but was somewhat invisible.

SUB: Johann Smith - 4 - He has good control and blistering pace, now if only we could stick a football head on him. He really contributed very little when he came on.
SUB: Ibee Ibrahim - 4 - The kid really should only be playing with the reserves right now. He's just not quite there yet.

Final Thoughts

I am pissed. Even a point would have helped us a little, but we couldn't even hold on to that. Why is it that every time Toronto FC steps on a pitch other than BMO Field they look like they should be playing in USL-2?

First of all, something has to be done about Marco Velez. I've defended him in the past - he slowly adjusted himself to MLS and looked like a competent defender - however he has been horrible as of late. How did he not intercept Razov's through ball? As usual, he screws up and asks for an offside call.

Secondly, what was wrong with Carl Robinson tonight? Possibly our biggest match of the season and he has his worst match. The pitch at the Home Depot Center is huge. Robbo had lots of time on the ball yet was sending stray passes all night long. He's been our rock in the midfield all year, however I have to call it as I see it - he was useless last night.

On to Chad Barrett. His worked rate is incredible. At one point in the match he evaded three Chivas defenders before nearly sending Wynne in alone on goal. How, though, does he not at least score one of those two opportunities? As a professional striker, you dream of having those open chances and to not score those is inexcusable. Barrett has incredible skill and is a huge asset to us, but he has to take his opportunities.

Finally, I am going to rag on Rohan Ricketts a bit. The man has heart and he loves being here. He lives for his football. A man with as much skill as Ricketts has to be able to be a driving force for us. We cannot keep waiting for him to deliver - he has to deliver now.

I really cannot see us making the playoffs after this pathetic display. All the pieces had come together for us to finally have a good showing on the road and it just didn't happen.

gtaguy
08-31-2008, 12:47 PM

The worst part of this is that of these matches lost in late game goals against .. 3 of these games would have been ties and that would have meant we'd have 29 points right now and would still be in playoff contention...... that seriously hurts.... Im close to writing this team off for the season... Nexts weeks match will be the determining factor i think.. :(

Alixir
08-31-2008, 12:55 PM
I don't care how many brilliant saves Sutton made...bottom line is he fucked up big time.
BOOT THE FUCKIN BALL DOWN THE PITCH!
He cost us the tie with that fuckin toss to Robinson (who is also a bloody bag of rubbish and I would not lose sleep if he was released) which led to the corner. Then he let a ball get through that took so long to roll by him he could have gone for a shit and back before having to close his fuckin girrafe legs to make the save.

Even my old man who knows as much about football as a Nascar driver knows about turning right has been saying for the last few games that this keeper needs to kick the ball more.

Absolute rubbish!!

PaulinosTFC
08-31-2008, 01:02 PM
Ben, how on earth can you rate Ricketts the same as Smith and Ibby...and give Barrett a higher rating? Did you even watch the match? I know the more you expect from a player, the more you rag on him but let's be realistic. Ibby and Smith were the ones who were invisible and the only time you noticed that Barrett was playing was when he managed to pull a cunny and blow another good chance (this is not a barrett flaming post as I think he has lots of promise!).

ben_vw
08-31-2008, 01:37 PM
Ben, how on earth can you rate Ricketts the same as Smith and Ibby...and give Barrett a higher rating? Did you even watch the match? I know the more you expect from a player, the more you rag on him but let's be realistic. Ibby and Smith were the ones who were invisible and the only time you noticed that Barrett was playing was when he managed to pull a cunny and blow another good chance (this is not a barrett flaming post as I think he has lots of promise!).

1. Rickett's drifted through this match - contributed very little.
2. Barrett played quite well except for his misses.
3. Yes, I watched the match.

Davenport
08-31-2008, 02:20 PM
Player ratings:
Sutton......not good enough....throws one in every game.
Wynne.......a liability.
Velez.......out of his depth.
Marshall.......ditto.
James.......words fail me..he gets paid to play ?!.
Ricketts.....ineffective, finished.
Robinson......boring, no creativity.
Guevara.....honeymoon 's over.
Brennan......useful to a point.
Ruiz....did he play ?
Barrett...works hard, lacks quality.

Subs........no comment.
Carver.....no influence on the players.
Johnston..get rid.

giambac
08-31-2008, 02:26 PM
Player ratings:
Sutton......not good enough....throws one in every game.
Wynne.......a liability.
Velez.......out of his depth.
Marshall.......ditto.
James.......words fail me..he gets paid to play ?!.
Ricketts.....ineffective, finished.
Robinson......boring, no creativity.
Guevara.....honeymoon 's over.
Brennan......useful to a point.
Ruiz....did he play ?
Barrett...works hard, lacks quality.

Subs........no comment.
Carver.....no influence on the players.
Johnston..get rid.

I've been saying it all year. Why ha sit taken so long for the rest pof you to catch on:confused:

Those in bold above should all be gone for next year.

Can you beleive it. We will be going into just our 3rd year and we already hav eto rebuild. This team is useless. The players lack skill, the coach can't design a plan an dhas no impact/influence on his players, and Mo Johnston should go back home.

The only thing consistent about our team is that they are consistently bad. Dreadful and a poor excuse for a soccer team. Last night was painful and I can't believe I stayed up to watch the matc.

PaulinosTFC
08-31-2008, 03:09 PM
1. Rickett's drifted through this match - contributed very little.
2. Barrett played quite well except for his misses.
3. Yes, I watched the match.

Correct me if I'm wrong...but other than getting in position (which high school players can do) a pure striker's job is to finish, plain and simple, which Barrett couldn't do last night. I guess you missed all the times when Ricketts had at least 2-3 defenders swarming him (he managed to hold the ball quite well) with absolutely no help from his teammates...not making runs, not trying to get into space. Not to mention if it wasn't for that beautifully placed chip to Brennan it would have been an even uglier result. The last few games, Ricketts' ability to find players is the ONLY thing holding this team together...well I guess it counts for nothing now that our season is over but my point is Ricketts was better than the 4 you gave him in that match, especially considering what you gave our other pylons on the field.

Davenport
08-31-2008, 03:25 PM
I've been saying it all year. Why ha sit taken so long for the rest pof you to catch on:confused:

Those in bold above should all be gone for next year.

Can you beleive it. We will be going into just our 3rd year and we already hav eto rebuild. This team is useless. The players lack skill, the coach can't design a plan an dhas no impact/influence on his players, and Mo Johnston should go back home.

The only thing consistent about our team is that they are consistently bad. Dreadful and a poor excuse for a soccer team. Last night was painful and I can't believe I stayed up to watch the matc.
I've been saying it as well.....I just don't come on here much.
A very poorly built, managed and coached team.
Their fitness has to come into question as well when they've conceded so many late goals.

PaulinosTFC
08-31-2008, 03:28 PM
^^^ I don't think it's as much a coaching/management issue as it is a lack of effort and fitness. Besides Dichio, this team does not play with much heart...you HAVE to play with an edge, especially this time of year.

ben_vw
08-31-2008, 03:31 PM
I guess you missed all the times when Ricketts had at least 2-3 defenders swarming him (he managed to hold the ball quite well) with absolutely no help from his teammates...not making runs, not trying to get into space.

No no, I saw all the times he had 2-3 defenders swarming him. I just wasn't aware that having 2-3 defenders swarming you meant you played well.

Nuvinho
08-31-2008, 03:32 PM
^^^ I don't think it's as much a coaching/management issue as it is a lack of effort and fitness. Besides Dichio, this team does not play with much heart...you HAVE to play with an edge, especially this time of year.

I agree.....the players are to blame for this......but I wonder why Carver went to a 3-5-2.

The 4-4-2 I was hoping would of been

Wynne-James-Marshall-Brennan
Robbo
Ricketts Jo.Smith
Guevara

Barrett Ruiz

Davenport
08-31-2008, 03:33 PM

???????????

Coaching = getting players to play with heart and commitment within a system.
Management = building a squad who will work together and bring results.

PaulinosTFC
08-31-2008, 03:38 PM
Theyre not toddlers that need their hands held (ok maybe they are)...you can only motivate a player so much, the rest is up to them. They KNEW how important this game was, they KNEW if they lost it was pretty much goodbye to playoffs...they played more like a sunday afternoon kicking the ball around at cherry beach.

PaulinosTFC
08-31-2008, 03:43 PM
No no, I saw all the times he had 2-3 defenders swarming him. I just wasn't aware that having 2-3 defenders swarming you meant you played well.

What I'm saying is that judging by your player ratings, he was one of the worst players on the pitch for us and that wasn't the case. If you want to have a website and TFC blog you're gonna have to learn to take criticism when it's due.

giambac
08-31-2008, 04:07 PM
I've been saying it as well.....I just don't come on here much.
A very poorly built, managed and coached team.
Their fitness has to come into question as well when they've conceded so many late goals.

They actually banned me from this forum for 1 week. I know I may have gone over the line with some of my comments but at the end of the day I was right. I was hard and vocal with my comments because I believed the team still had a chance to make the playoffs if they made the changes back in July when you could see that this ship was SINKING and SINKING FAST. In the first week of JUne we had 6 wins. Now 2 and a half months later we have 7 wins. Scary, very scary:eek::eek:

Now it is to late. The team has to be blown up and the coach/management should be sacked. Thisn team has taken 2 steps back.

These are the players I would keep

1) Sutton
2) Defenders - Brennan and Wynne
3) Midfielders - Ricketts, Robinson
4) Forwards - Barrett, Johan Smith, Ibrahim

Players to get rid of
1) defebders - Valez, Marshall, James
2) Midfielders - Guevera, Harmse, Rosenlund
3) Forwards - Smith, Ruiz

4 ) Retire - Dicchio

Coaches/Management
1) Mo - fire him
2) Carver - should have fired him 2 months ago

giambac
08-31-2008, 04:10 PM

Why was everyone jumping up and down and doing cartwheels when Mo and Craver brought in Paul Winspner???

Fitness, effort, mental breakdowns, poor game plans, lack of effort all go back to management.

Richard D
08-31-2008, 04:25 PM
The bottom line is we need a new coach and GM, this boat aint gonna stop sinking...

We need to face reality... We need to rebuild now. Only worst thing is saying this same thing at year 5...

We need to start over. Keep 3 or 4 guys and clear house. Bring in some top korean, brazilian, italian, argentinian players... young and hungry. Even the shitty young international guys for these countries that dont get picked up by european teams we should go after. None of this crap Mo has filled the team with.

giambac
08-31-2008, 04:46 PM
The bottom line is we need a new coach and GM, this boat aint gonna stop sinking...

We need to face reality... We need to rebuild now. Only worst thing is saying this same thing at year 5...

We need to start over. Keep 3 or 4 guys and clear house. Bring in some top korean, brazilian, italian, argentinian players... young and hungry. Even the shitty young international guys for these countries that dont get picked up by european teams we should go after. None of this crap Mo has filled the team with.

Amen

professor
08-31-2008, 05:24 PM
Why MLSE hired MoJo is beyond my comprehension, he had no record of distinction

I would have thought that MLSE would have borrowed from the Toronto Rock model - hire a guy with a history of building winning teams. The Rock hired Les Bartley, who carved out 5 championships between 1998 and 2005.

MLSE didn't notice this, instead they went with MoJo, a guy with no experience running a franchise and little in the way of success as a coach

Although TFC is still in its infancy, and it takes time to build a team, I'm thinking MoJo's legacy will be just a bit more polished than that of his pal, Alexi Lalas

Our current roster isn't that deep, let alone talented, but I've always thought it to be play-off capable!

Yet here we are, on the outside looking in!

LucaGol
08-31-2008, 05:28 PM
Why MLSE hired MoJo is beyond my comprehension, he had no record of distinction

I would have thought that MLSE would have borrowed from the Toronto Rock model - hire a guy with a history of building winning teams. The Rock hired Les Bartley, who carved out 5 championships between 1998 and 2005.

MLSE didn't notice this, instead they went with MoJo, a guy with no experience running a franchise and little in the way of success as a coach

Although TFC is still in its infancy, and it takes time to build a team, I'm thinking MoJo's legacy will be just a bit more polished than that of his pal, Alexi Lalas

Our current roster isn't that deep, let alone talented, but I've always thought it to be play-off capable!

Yet here we are, on the outside looking in!

Marketing comes to mind.

MLSE...hire a british manager.

MLSE's thinking...."Toronto media...oh look, someone with a british accent...this must be a real product...let's cover TFC as much as we cover the Maple Leafs"

I mean, it was obvious what they were hunting after from day one.

By people who really knew the league well, it was as a peculiar decision then...as it has become now.

The man just has a very poor record when it comes to building a soccer franchise. The numbers don't lie.

106-12
08-31-2008, 06:01 PM
julian james & marco valez < young or not > they have to ggooooooooooo

jabbronies
08-31-2008, 06:16 PM
So basically what people are saying here is that Mo Johnston is a horrible GM and he brings in horrible players who can't play the game properly??? Can someone confirm or deny this for me?

We didn't loose last night because of bad management...we lost because the defence can't play proper defence.
It's either that, or Carver is playing some fucked up system that includes:
- all of our D in the opposite half of the pitch while the opponents counter on us time after time.
- all of the D standing around watching guys walk in on us and get into great shooting position.
- Greg Sutton passing the ball away in extra time or booting it up the field into no mans land.

Options for fixing our problem:

Get rid of Velez! All of you Velez lovers...he was the reason for that first goal going in on us. Please watch the replay and tell me wtf was he doing as that defender was coming in. He's been shit since game 1 - go back and read the threads, the only reason people stick up for him is because he scored a goal and everyone came up with a catchy chant.

Now I don't think everything Carver does is gold. For instance why not play 4 back...in a stright fucking line!!!! not 2 in the middle drop back while two on the wings go flying up the wing deep into the offensive area....

Hooligan69
08-31-2008, 06:33 PM
And here I thought we lost yesterday because we couldn't put the ball in the net.

professor
08-31-2008, 07:21 PM
As a matter of clarity on my comments

I stated
"Our current roster isn't that deep, let alone talented, but I've always thought it to be play-off capable!"

I'm suggesting that the players we have are part of the problem

I also stated
"Why MLSE hired MoJo is beyond my comprehension, he had no record of distinction"

I'm suggesting that MoJo is part of the same problem

Anybody that thinks there's a quick fix or a single magic bullet is, welll
out to lunch

as a further matter of clarity with regard to my "Why hire Mojo"

I've just been reminded that MoJo wasn't MLSE/TFC's first choice, which I now remember

"Wally" was and a deal was pretty much set as the CSA had just elected Linford as CSA president. Wally knew he wasn't getting his resources for the NT so he listened to TFC's pitch and offer. He was exiting the NT program for the MLS. The TFC deal was closerthanthis until Alexi dangled $300k, another shot with an AEG franchise and maintaining a west coast lifestyle but in LA

As much as I didn't like Yallop as NT coach, he did a great job building
SJ

Oldtimer
08-31-2008, 07:30 PM
Marketing comes to mind.

Nice theory... except you're wrong. You're guessing and don't know the history.

MLSE targeted MLS-experienced coaches who were willing to go to an expansion team.

Only 2 were possibly available, they had to pick one.

One was Frank Yallop. Yallop had a good record with the CMNT, but he had just about taken this gig with LA and there were murmurings that a famous English player was coming in, as well as a good $alary. So they would have done a lot of $$$ arm-twisting to bring him in. He was MLSE's first choice.

The other was MoJo. It's true that MoJo had been fired by NY, but that means nothing, NY ALWAYS fires their coaches after a short tenure. He had enough credentials and contacts to suggest that he could set up a team from scratch.

No one else was willing to give a "likely to fail" new franchise a look when they had secure MLS gigs elsewhere.

Remember that the Toronto Lynx had terrible attendance, and soccer had failed before in Toronto.

It would have been ludicrous to hire someone from out of MLS to be a GM, it's so different from the rest of the world, you really need to know how MLS works. So as much as you would like an Italian GM -- lets just say forget it.

On balance, Yallop may have been a better GM (he's not doing too bad at San Jose, but there's that "California Lifestyle" to offer players that Toronto lacks), but I don't think that he would have been that much of an upgrade.

So the real question isn't MoJo or Capello. It's MoJo or Yallop.

ben_vw
08-31-2008, 07:38 PM
What I'm saying is that judging by your player ratings, he was one of the worst players on the pitch for us and that wasn't the case. If you want to have a website and TFC blog you're gonna have to learn to take criticism when it's due.

no worries dude - i have no probs with taking criticism. but opinion's differ. perspective.

you asked questions, i gave answers. simple as that.

professor
08-31-2008, 07:57 PM
Only 2 were possibly available, they had to pick one.

Tom Soehn was in the mix to, he was DC's Assistant at the time
There was a 4th name on their list, I can't remember who
During the SuperDraft in 2006, Soehn confirmed that he had had discussions with Peddie about coaching TFC

rocker
08-31-2008, 08:04 PM
During the SuperDraft in 2006, Soehn confirmed that he had had discussions with Peddie about coaching TFC

glad we didn't get Soehn... A lot of DC fans think he's shit.

Oldtimer
08-31-2008, 08:09 PM

That's true, but serious talks didn't occur.
I believe that the other name was with New England? Someone may correct me.

TFC USA
08-31-2008, 08:13 PM
If Mo thinks getting English League retreads is the way to go, then I pass.

Mo is the problem.

professor
08-31-2008, 08:15 PM
glad we didn't get Soehn... A lot of DC fans think he's shit.

i hear ya

same to be said around here about Carver and Johnson

personally,

I would have been happier with Yallop or Soehn, at least they had experience

TFC USA
08-31-2008, 08:19 PM
Guess what? Yallop in just his first year is going to have a better record than Toronto FC!

As much as a doofus Yallop is, he seems to be doing better, and guys like Ronnie O'Brien and Darren Huckerby are smiling.

giambac
08-31-2008, 08:30 PM
So basically what people are saying here is that Mo Johnston is a horrible GM and he brings in horrible players who can't play the game properly??? Can someone confirm or deny this for me?

We didn't loose last night because of bad management...we lost because the defence can't play proper defence.
It's either that, or Carver is playing some fucked up system that includes:
- all of our D in the opposite half of the pitch while the opponents counter on us time after time.
- all of the D standing around watching guys walk in on us and get into great shooting position.
- Greg Sutton passing the ball away in extra time or booting it up the field into no mans land.

Options for fixing our problem:

Get rid of Velez! All of you Velez lovers...he was the reason for that first goal going in on us. Please watch the replay and tell me wtf was he doing as that defender was coming in. He's been shit since game 1 - go back and read the threads, the only reason people stick up for him is because he scored a goal and everyone came up with a catchy chant.

Now I don't think everything Carver does is gold. For instance why not play 4 back...in a stright fucking line!!!! not 2 in the middle drop back while two on the wings go flying up the wing deep into the offensive area....

Gettingid of Valez is fixing our problem??:confused:
Whatever,

Try getting rid of the 11 starters, coach and manager. That's the only thing that will solve this teams problem

professor
08-31-2008, 08:30 PM
That's true, but serious talks didn't occur.
I believe that the other name was with New England? Someone may correct me.

It wasn't Nicol or Mariner, they were both firmly under contract in 2006
but, both see their current contracts expire at the end of 2008!

Back then I remember a figure of just $100,000 being offered and floated around by a Rev FO type for what TFC's Beirne does - at the time that was lowball
i think Biernie's wage last year was about $125,000

giambac
08-31-2008, 08:33 PM
Marketing comes to mind.

MLSE's thinking...."Toronto media...oh look, someone with a british accent...this must be a real product...let's cover TFC as much as we cover the Maple Leafs"

I mean, it was obvious what they were hunting after from day one.

By people who really knew the league well, it was as a peculiar decision then...as it has become now.

The man just has a very poor record when it comes to building a soccer franchise. The numbers don't lie.

Your theory is bang on.

I saw and thought the same thing. Yet whenever you try and discuss it, the British population get uptight.

Mo has never won as a coach, never won as a manager and it won't change here. Maybe he won in marbles as a kid but that's it folks.
As you said the numbers don't lie.

professor
08-31-2008, 08:35 PM
Guess what? Yallop in just his first year is going to have a better record than Toronto FC!

Look a little deeper, specifically what he did with SJ during his first go there....

No big surprise

TFC USA
08-31-2008, 08:39 PM
Look a little deeper, specifically what he did with SJ during his first go there....

No big surprise

Got rid of the chumps?

TFCREDNWHITE
08-31-2008, 08:59 PM
Im sorry but all you Managament MoJo Carver and Winsper bashing people don't know what you are talking about! you people obvisiouly don't know football!!!

Carver is a TOP level coach for this crappy league.
Winsper is a World renenowed fitness coach
MoJo is fucking trying to bring in players as best he can with the cap hindering him

The players just fucking suck! Plain and simple!! They can't produce because their level of skill is shit! I'm sorry but at the end of the day the players have to produce day in and day out!!!

giambac
08-31-2008, 09:10 PM
Im sorry but all you Managament MoJo Carver and Winsper bashing people don't know what you are talking about! you people obvisiouly don't know football!!!

MoJo is fucking trying to bring in players as best he can with the cap hindering him

The players just fucking suck! Plain and simple!! They can't produce because their level of skill is shit! I'm sorry but at the end of the day the players have to produce day in and day out!!!

And who brought them in?:confused:
And who palys them, practices game plans with them?:confused:

And who designs fitness programs for them?:confused: I mean all the injured players Dichio, Teliby (before he left),Robert, harmse, Marshall etc etc etc

REDPATCHGRL74
09-01-2008, 12:23 AM

Carver is a top level coach? There hasn't been a single game this year where I could definitely see what the game plan was. Besides hoofing the ball where ever and chase it. Defending has alot to do with tactics not just individual skill, we can't defend worth a shit I put that on Carver. You can't coach scoring goals but you can coach how to defend. You say the players just fucking suck. I ask you who brought the players in? Oh, it was Mo. So don't come on here and say that people don't know what they are talking about. As far as the cap goes every team in this league has to deal with it as well.

nascarguy
09-01-2008, 12:44 AM

your right mls is shit and the mls head office needs a kick in the head

nascarguy
09-01-2008, 12:50 AM
And who brought them in?:confused:
And who palys them, practices game plans with them?:confused:

And who designs fitness programs for them?:confused: I mean all the injured players Dichio, Teliby (before he left),Robert, harmse, Marshall etc etc etc
you could bring in the fitness coach from one of the top 4 epl teams and we would still be shit.

Blizzard
09-01-2008, 01:03 AM
you could bring in the fitness coach from one of the top 4 epl teams and we would still be shit.

Well, you're not too far off the mark. Winsper spent 1996 to 2006 with Newcastle United and they had some very good years during that period (along with some that were mediocre).

VPjr
09-01-2008, 01:22 AM

How do you come to the conclusion that Carver is a TOP coach for MLS? because of his stellar record of managing teams in England? the man was a training pitch coach for the bulk of his career (the guy who puts down the cones and runs the boys through their paces). He coaches this team as though we play in the winter, like they do in England. Last I checked, his style of coaching doesn't work when you play summer soccer. check that...it simply doesn't work unless you have much better talent than we've got.

Winsper is a great fitness trainer (lots of people what told me his truly excellent at what he does) so that further reinforces to me that the coaching staff is doing something wrong if our players are consistently getting taxed in the last 10 minutes of games. I would hope that he stays with the team, working under better coaches and senior management.

Mo doesn't need apologists and it boggles my mind how naive people are when it comes to this guy. Never forget that Mo brought us the shit players we've got. Mo can blame anyone or anything he wants for why we don't have a DP (and I know for a fact that they've been close to getting a DP) but the reality is that we have a very poor team, with little depth to speak of and almost nothing to look forward to except another draft chock full of college players who are years away from contributing. Remember how excited we were at the last draft. Whoppeee....we got Julius James. We stole him, remember...or maybe not. Maybe there is a very good reason he dropped from being the unquestionable #1 to a #9 pick that might have dropped further if TFC didn't grab him. BTW, as far as I can tell, RSL and NYRB (who both play on worse surfaces than TFC does) both have been able to bring in superior talent than TFC. If you ask me, I would have offered Chicago a bunch of those crapshoot draft picks to try to score Will Johnson, who is a) talented b) young and c) Canadian with international experience but not likely to get called up to the Canadian MNT anytime soon.

Sad but true, this team is no better than last year's team. Our style of play still sucks, the talent still sucks for the most part and we are back at stage 1 in developing this team. Just like after our 1st season, we have weakness all over the field that need to be addressed somehow.

nascarguy
09-01-2008, 02:00 AM
I'll say this now if we do not win the next 4 home. I will be putting all of my player banner upside down for haft the season & if we get new players next year I do not care I'm not makeing any new banners in till we make the playoff.

college st
09-01-2008, 10:05 AM
marshall--gone
james---gone
wynne--stays
jimmy b----stays
we need a centre defender maybe as our dp next year..
we have talent up front now we have to look at the back..
and sutton...i dont know

ben_vw
09-01-2008, 10:12 AM
marshall--gone
james---gone
wynne--stays
jimmy b----stays
we need a centre defender maybe as our dp next year..
we have talent up front now we have to look at the back..
and sutton...i dont know

in my mind we really need a big, strong, central defender. i'm not sure about using our dp spot on him, but when i think of what jimmy conrad does for kansas city or what wilman conde does for chicago, that's something we need back there...

TFCREDNWHITE
09-01-2008, 10:35 AM
How do you come to the conclusion that Carver is a TOP coach for MLS? because of his stellar record of managing teams in England? the man was a training pitch coach for the bulk of his career (the guy who puts down the cones and runs the boys through their paces). He coaches this team as though we play in the winter, like they do in England. Last I checked, his style of coaching doesn't work when you play summer soccer. check that...it simply doesn't work unless you have much better talent than we've got.

HHHmmmm so lets see Ruud Guilt is shit and doesn't know coaching or tactics or have any football intelligence?? Come on give me a break!!

Carver is UEFA level 4 or UEFA Pro level he has had personal instruction from a managerial heavyweight in Sir Bobby Robson!! I'm sorry but that right there is much more knowledge then many many coaches in MLS right now!!

What the F*ck would you do with a 2.5 million dollar cap?!?! Honestly think of that for one quick second! 1 player in EPL eats up our whole teams cap!!! ONE PLAYER!

Carver feels as if he has to start from the basics with these guys, defending 101...controlling possession 101...i mean its ridiculous sometimes out there!

MLS needs to get there head out of their asses! and wake up and smell the coffee, you think Becks would stay here if he wasn't getting paid all that money!?!? Why do you think Guillt left!!

ricciboy
09-01-2008, 10:50 AM
:(

heartbreaking.

i was watching on match tracker it pissed me off it said end of game then 1 more goal on chivas

Axeman
09-01-2008, 12:08 PM
I personaly think getting Brennan more involved in the attack(Left wing instead of Left back) helped in the first half. Then Carver put on Jo smith at left wing and he played like total shit.
I know Ibby is 17 but he does nothing out there! Give someone else a try, anyone!

RPB73
09-01-2008, 01:56 PM
HHHmmmm so lets see Ruud Guilt is shit and doesn't know coaching or tactics or have any football intelligence?? Come on give me a break!!

Carver is UEFA level 4 or UEFA Pro level he has had personal instruction from a managerial heavyweight in Sir Bobby Robson!! I'm sorry but that right there is much more knowledge then many many coaches in MLS right now!!

What the F*ck would you do with a 2.5 million dollar cap?!?! Honestly think of that for one quick second! 1 player in EPL eats up our whole teams cap!!! ONE PLAYER!

Carver feels as if he has to start from the basics with these guys, defending 101...controlling possession 101...i mean its ridiculous sometimes out there!

MLS needs to get there head out of their asses! and wake up and smell the coffee, you think Becks would stay here if he wasn't getting paid all that money!?!? Why do you think Guillt left!!

I agree that the cap must be higher. But you are defending Carver by using the cap as an excuse. TFC is not the only team with a cap. Every coach, manager in this league has to deal with it. So the cap is not the reason that we suck.

RPB73
09-01-2008, 02:12 PM

The players just fucking suck, I agree so fire Mo he brought them in. If I recall correctly Mo said back in March that we now have depth on the team. Do you see depth, I don't. We don't even have a starting 11 nevermind depth. So why do you defend Mo and than say that the players suck. Mo did bring these players in. As far as Carver is concerned he has been dealt a bad hand here. The talent he has to work with is not much. On the other hand stop complaining about lack of players, international duty, etc. Do your job, you are supposed to be this brilliant soccer mind, but that is just talk like the rest of the pathetic personel Mo has brought in to this club. We are going into year 3, and the Earthquakes are already ahead of us. I can't wait to see what Seattle will do. They will probably be one step ahead of us as well. Don't get me wrong I love TFC, but there is alot of blind support going on.

Oblio2
09-01-2008, 02:17 PM
Fickle fucking fans

the_sarge_115
09-01-2008, 02:40 PM
Fickle fucking fans

That's right. Everyone is wasting their time complaing about TFC. Everyone should store their negative energy and turn it into positive energy to chant even louder for the next TFC home game!

All this negativity is just bringing the team down. Imagine if a TFC player comes on here and reads all these negative comments, their spirits would be crushed.

But then again, if you don't let your dog know that taking a shit on your couch is a bad thing... won't he just keep doing it?

rocker
09-01-2008, 02:43 PM
Fickle fucking fans

but TFC fans are the greatest fans in the world!!!! and TFC fans deserve almost instant success!!! We cannot wait even to the end of the second season for success!!! We can't have bumps in the road!!! ;) ;) ;)
We are the chosen ones!!!! Let's PROTEST our God Given Right!!!

v00d00daddy
09-01-2008, 03:14 PM
That's right. Everyone is wasting their time complaing about TFC. Everyone should store their negative energy and turn it into positive energy to chant even louder for the next TFC home game!

All this negativity is just bringing the team down. Imagine if a TFC player comes on here and reads all these negative comments, their spirits would be crushed.

But then again, if you don't let your dog know that taking a shit on your couch is a bad thing... won't he just keep doing it?

How can you be positive bud? In the last 10 league games they managed 6 points out of a possible 30. That's it. There is no arguing that. 6 out of 30. They're brutal.

Please find one positive about this team right now.

Personally I don't give a shit if they players read this and have their spirits crushed. THEY SHOULD. The season is over and there are still 2 months left. The players are not my buds. They are a bunch of pro atheltes who are performing like amateurs right now and I don't think rewarding them by cheering for them, or saying nice things about them is even remotely warranted.

They stink.

PUNTO E BASTA.

ps...hey hermano!

the_sarge_115
09-01-2008, 03:33 PM
Please find one positive about this team right now.

!BINGO! I can't... but apparently there's thousands that can happily cheer on a collapsed horse towards the finish line. I guess it doesn't matter whether or not the horse passes the finish line alive or dead... its ALL GOOD in TFC Land!

My main point was a bit clouded. Please refer to:

"...if you don't let your dog know that taking a shit on your couch is a bad thing... won't he just keep doing it?"

v00d00daddy
09-01-2008, 03:48 PM
This team sucks so bad right now and we as fans are spending our time doing what? Nothing. On Saturday we're going to pile into BMO, drink our faces off, and chant like the nice little sheep that we are. I can't wait to hear some, "we're red, we're white, we're fucking dynomite". What a joke!

If this "give your all as a supporter, and get nothing in return, and be happy about it" mentality keeps up with TFC fans we're in trouble.

We the fans will quickly become as big a joke around the league as our team is right now.

I'm sorry, (and I know it's just one guys opinion) but if you're going to the game on Saturday and plan on cheering on the boys, give your head a shake.

Blizzard
09-01-2008, 03:52 PM
in my mind we really need a big, strong, central defender. i'm not sure about using our dp spot on him, but when i think of what jimmy conrad does for kansas city or what wilman conde does for chicago, that's something we need back there...

That's what Tebily was for us. Sadly, he got hurt and then went home but the few times he did play, he was exactly what we needed back there. Very capable and very stable.

v00d00daddy
09-01-2008, 03:54 PM
Oh and by the way.

Let me save some of you some time and say that, yes, I'm a horrible TFC fan. I have no loyalty and, come to think of it, I'm not even a supporter, I'm a fan.

There, it's been said. Now I want ONE person to tell me what all of our undying support has done for TFC.

All of you people who say, we should cheer loudest when they're down so that they know that we'll never abandon them, please answer this:

What has all of your "loyalty" (never has a term been more misused by people) done to spur on the boys in red? All of you people in the south stand who will "never turn your back on your team"...what has it gotten you.

More importantly, what is it going to get you if you continue?

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

giambac
09-01-2008, 03:54 PM

Managerial heavyweight?????? Thanks for the joke.

2.5 million salary cap??? Don't the other teams in the league have a similar salary cap or is TFC the only team with this problem?/ Why then is TFC arguably the worse team in the league?????

giambac
09-01-2008, 03:57 PM
All Carver does is trash talk about his own players, bench whoever comes back from international duty, and threat to get rid of whoever makes 1 mistake.

Wonder why Cunningham left TFC and has 4 goals in 4 games?

Trash talking about your players in press conferences is pure shit and a lack of respect.

I wouldn't want to play for him.

Sutton and almost every other player trashed by JC has saved his ass many times.

JC, stop taking your coaching frustrations on the players and see if you can bring this team back to what it used to be in the beginning of the season!!

Why doesn't anyone talk about Cunny and his accomplishemnts noew that he left TO.

On TO he was constantly been bashed by his own coach and his every move was being watched.

Now that he leaves and his new coach shows confifence in him he is scoring. In fact he has more golas than anyone on TFC.

So whose fault was it when he was on TFC?????????

And we got fuckall for him.

Blizzard
09-01-2008, 03:59 PM

He does? I've got him with two goals in three games (both against Columbus - one home - one away).

A good start for Dallas but let's see if he keeps it up.

giambac
09-01-2008, 04:00 PM
This team sucks so bad right now and we as fans are spending our time doing what? Nothing. On Saturday we're going to pile into BMO, drink our faces off, and chant like the nice little sheep that we are. I can't wait to hear some, "we're red, we're white, we're fucking dynomite". What a joke!

If this "give your all as a supporter, and get nothing in return, and be happy about it" mentality keeps up with TFC fans we're in trouble.

We the fans will quickly become as big a joke around the league as our team is right now.

I'm sorry, (and I know it's just one guys opinion) but if you're going to the game on Saturday and plan on cheering on the boys, give your head a shake.

I won't be cheering

I'll be booing. Their lazy players that just show up mto pick up their paycheques even thogh they haven't earned it.

giambac
09-01-2008, 04:03 PM
Oh and by the way.

Let me save some of you some time and say that, yes, I'm a horrible TFC fan. I have no loyalty and, come to think of it, I'm not even a supporter, I'm a fan.

There, it's been said. Now I want ONE person to tell me what all of our undying support has done for TFC.

All of you people who say, we should cheer loudest when they're down so that they know that we'll never abandon them, please answer this:

What has all of your "loyalty" (never has a term been more misused by people) done to spur on the boys in red? All of you people in the south stand who will "never turn your back on your team"...what has it gotten you.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.
Albert Einstein

All their loyalty has gotten them an increase in their season ticket prices for next year:cool:

So don't say it hasn't gotten them anything. Your wrong in that statement;)

Blizzard
09-01-2008, 04:05 PM

Hopefully no player is unwise enough as to come to any of the forums. Ya it probably would hurt and while some of the criticisms are way over the top, the fact is that the team is playing poorly and every one of those gentlemen knows it.

They don't need us to tell them that!

At the same time, I'm sure that our hospital emergency rooms are rapidly filling up with young (and not so young) individuals with sprained and broken ankles suffered while jumping off the TFC band wagon.

MUFC_Niagara
09-01-2008, 04:10 PM
Oh and by the way.

Albert Einstein

2nd year in the league....that's all I will say...

v00d00daddy
09-01-2008, 04:24 PM
At the same time, I'm sure that our hospital emergency rooms are rapidly filling up with young (and not so young) individuals with sprained and broken ankles suffered while jumping off the TFC band wagon.

See it's this kind of comment that bothers me. I've been a SSH since day one. I'm in the south end. I'm one of the loudest guys in my section (when I'm cheering) and I've spent entriely too much money on TFC merchandise.

Now, after 2+ months of garbage play, almost zero results (6 out of 30 points in the last 10 games) and countless disappointments, I get told that I'm jumping off the TFC bandwagon.

First of all, I'm a supporter of this team. Just because I choose to support them differently then you, it does not make me any less a supporter. I cheer when they do something good. I say "nice try, better luck next time" when things aren't going well. And I call a spade a spade when they play like shit for 2 and half months.

Secondly, I think it is of paramount importance that we remain critical of this team when they're not performing well. Constantly cheering and getting nothing in return is a slap in the face.

I don't care if the players know that they're playing horribly. They should and should be told so at every turn at this point. I'm more concerned with the fact that the fans are cheering for horrible play. It doesn't make any sense. When is enough, enough?

For what it's worth, I'd rather be called a bandwagon fan than a sheep in TFC clothing. Not that either statement would be 100% accurate but what the hell, I can be as sanctimonious as you sometimes, can't I?

tfc
09-01-2008, 04:32 PM
All Carver does is trash talk about his own players, bench whoever comes back from international duty, and threat to get rid of whoever makes 1 mistake.

Trash talking about your players in press conferences is pure shit and a lack of respect.

I wouldn't want to play for him.

Sutton and almost every other player trashed by JC has saved his ass many times.

JC, stop taking your coaching frustrations on the players and see if you can bring this team back to what it used to be in the beginning of the season!!

holy fuck is every single one of you retarded? really now, the average age on this message board has to be at least 25, act your age and use your brain. this may be a message board, but you don't have to mindlessly post shit, especially stuff this incredibly dumb.

v00d00daddy
09-01-2008, 04:35 PM
2nd year in the league....that's all I will say...

TFC- 26 points. 22 games played. 11 at home. 11 on the road. 7 wins. 10 losses. 5 ties. 23 goals for. 29 goals against. (-6)
Earned 6 points out of a possible 30 in their last 10 league games.

SJ Earthquakes. 25 points. 22 games played. 10 at home. 12 on the road. 6 wins. 9 losses. 7 ties. 21 goals for. 26 goals against. (-5)
Earned 14 out of possible 30 points in their last 10 league games.
1st year in the league.

jabbronies
09-01-2008, 04:40 PM
TFC- 26 points. 22 games played. 11 at home. 11 on the road. 7 wins. 10 losses. 5 ties. 23 goals for. 29 goals against. (-6)
Earned 6 points out of a possible 30 in their last 10 league games.

SJ Earthquakes. 25 points. 22 games played. 10 at home. 12 on the road. 6 wins. 9 losses. 7 ties. 21 goals for. 26 goals against. (-5)
Earned 14 out of possible 30 points in their last 10 league games.
1st year in the league.

I don't want to be a dick about it, but does this comparison prove that a DP can make a difference on a team??? I mean, Huckerberry has only played 6 out of thise 10 games...but...whatever. may not mean anything.

Blizzard
09-01-2008, 04:42 PM
I don't want to be a dick about it, but does this comparison prove that a DP can make a difference on a team??? I mean, Huckerberry has only played 6 out of thise 10 games...but...whatever. may not mean anything.

Huckerby isn't a DP but nonetheless, it does show what a high quality player can do for a team.

Blizzard
09-01-2008, 04:59 PM
See it's this kind of comment that bothers me. I've been a SSH since day one. I'm in the south end. I'm one of the loudest guys in my section (when I'm cheering) and I've spent entriely too much money on TFC merchandise.

Now, after 2+ months of garbage play, almost zero results (6 out of 30 points in the last 10 games) and countless disappointments, I get told that I'm jumping off the TFC bandwagon.

First of all, I'm a supporter of this team. Just because I choose to support them differently then you, it does not make me any less a supporter. I cheer when they do something good. I say "nice try, better luck next time" when things aren't going well. And I call a spade a spade when they play like shit for 2 and half months.

Secondly, I think it is of paramount importance that we remain critical of this team when they're not performing well. Constantly cheering and getting nothing in return is a slap in the face.

I don't care if the players know that they're playing horribly. They should and should be told so at every turn at this point. I'm more concerned with the fact that the fans are cheering for horrible play. It doesn't make any sense. When is enough, enough?

For what it's worth, I'd rather be called a bandwagon fan than a sheep in TFC clothing. Not that either statement would be 100% accurate but what the hell, I can be as sanctimonious as you sometimes, can't I?

We're all pissed off with this terrible run of results but I'm a supporter and as you've said in your own words, you're not.

yes, I'm a horrible TFC fan. I have no loyalty and, come to think of it, I'm not even a supporter, I'm a fan.

I'm going to continue to support my team. At some point in time, perhaps that will change but at this moment in time, I openly declare my support for Toronto FC and that's the way it is.

I'll be as frustated, angry and demoralized as anybody else if they continue to play poorly but they are my club.

If the fairweather fans want to take a hike, great. I need another seasons ticket!

ricciboy
09-01-2008, 05:09 PM
i thought you were talking about a impact game then i knew it was the canada game

netsan
09-01-2008, 08:28 PM
Mo is over his head. For the last 2 years we've had a revolving door. His euro players have been busts. We need to have a manager who recruits from Central and South America.

If I were a manager of TFC ALL of my International spots would be filled with Brazilians. They would all communicate in Portuguese on the pitch and play as a team. The rest would be filled with Canadians. I guarantee you that we would be a lot better than this.

This team needs shock therapy! I bet the former Toronto Lynx of the USL would kick TFC's ass.

v00d00daddy
09-01-2008, 08:49 PM
Mo is over his head. For the last 2 years we've had a revolving door. His U.K. players have been busts. We need to have a manager who recruits from Central and South America.

If I were a manager of TFC ALL of my International spots would be filled with Brazilians. They would all communicate in Portuguese on the pitch and play as a team. The rest would be filled with Canadians. I guarantee you that we would be a lot better than this.

This team needs shock therapy! I bet the former Toronto Lynx of the USL would kick TFC's ass.

I agree. I don't know about an entire team of Brazilians but I get your point. Also just wanted to clarify that Mo's selection of transfer/signings need to be a little more varied to be considered "euro", no?

VPjr
09-01-2008, 09:45 PM

Yes, Ruud Gullit is a shit coach and I've always thought so. being a great player once does not equal being a great coach. I howled with laughter when LAG gave him that huge contract. What a joke. Destined for failure.

As for your comments about the cap, last I checked, every team in the league has the same cap to contend with. Do you think JC was unaware that teams in MLS had to work with a salary cap when he took the job? Highly doubt it. As much as he needed a job, after not having been paid regularly by Luton while it was in administration, I'm quite certain that took the peculiarities of MLS into consideration before taking the job (he'd be a fool not to think seriously about how a salary cap league would affect the way he does his job...I don't think he's that stupid).

Every team in the league needs to work the delicate balance needed to be successful in a salary cap environment. No doubt that the low salary cap is a problem. I hate it just as much as you do. However, a sports league with a tight cap does allow a fan to determine pretty quickly who the top managers are and which ones do their jobs poorly. When you have very little money to work with, the cream will rise to the top because you can't buy your way out of trouble.

You can choose to be an apologist for JC and the entire TFC management team but I think you are giving them an out that they have not earned. I'm still trying to figure out what Mo or JC have done during their tenure to earn the undying loyalty that some have for them. Of the two of them, I have less problem with JC because I think he's learning on the job. He's a rookie head coach and its shown on several occasions. If he keeps his job next season, he'd better improve and quickly because my patience next year would be very short. Who knows, one day, he might become a good head coach. He does have contacts back in England that clearly have been useful (although they've resulted in very little as far as real quality players coming into the team, but that's not his fault).

For all those who criticize the supporters who are being critical of the team, let me just say this....if we aren't hard on the team, we are doing them a disservice. Do we want to be the soccer equivalent of Leafs fans? Honestly guys...that's not what being a supporter is. We need to be tough on them when criticism is deserving. Being a supporter involves having expectations and being critical if they are not met. I've always understood that being a supporter involves demonstrating support for the CLUB but if the people who work for it and who play for it are underperforming, they deserve our scorn because they are dragging the club down. Players come and go...so do managers.

If there are those of you who are really satisfied with the kind of effort that has been put forth this season, so be it. If accepting and rationalizing the crap that has masqueraded as soccer this season is what it means to be a supporter, go for it but I, for one, have very little interest in being that type of supporter. I'm one of the first 1000 people who put down a deposit for season tickets way back when. I live and die with this team. But crap is crap and this team is crap, the management is crap and the coaching staff has shown me little to avoid being called crap too. When/if they improve, I'll be one of the first to stand up and applaud but its time for them to show us something. Pro Sports are a "what have you done for me lately" business and lately (more than 2 months), this team has done nothing but disappoint.