PDA

View Full Version : The one that got away: Will Johnson

Keegan
08-29-2008, 11:55 PM
The 21 year old goes a full 90 in his debut. Picks up a yellow. Impresses Real Salt Lake fans.

Anyone think he might have helped TFC now that we are going into the international (supposed to be) break?

"Will played really well tonight. He's in excellent shape, and just never stopped running. I think it would be interesting to try him in the holding mid spot. He looked like he was dying to get into the middle of the field, and I think he controlled the ball well enough to play at that holding mid."

"Well Johnson answered most questions for me tonight.

Welcome aboard lad!"

"I'll second this - it took about twenty minutes for me to be convinced that we made a good pickup."

"As a side note, I was very impressed by Johnson. He was very energetic, hustled, and tracked back on defense. He made some good passes, and played well. I hope he becomes the option over Cutler. He was confident and poised. Something Cutler never is."

"I totally agree with you here. I was really impressed with the kid. Yes, he made a couple of bad passes, but for only training with the team for a week (and his first game on the turf) that is to be expected. Overall, two big thumbs up."

Just a couple of the fan thoughts. And no I didn't just pick the best ones, there isn't one negative yet.

e_mcarthur89
08-30-2008, 12:18 AM
There was no chance of us getting him from Chicago. He's Canadian congrats, we get it you are wildly biased towards Canadians. Ruiz is gonna make a much more significant impact down the final stretch than Johnson would have.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-30-2008, 03:44 AM
The one that got away: Will Johnson
:rolleyes:

Ossington Mental Youth
08-30-2008, 03:51 AM
Nobody doubts his talent, but its a matter of what chicago would have demanded.

Shakes McQueen
08-30-2008, 04:23 AM
Nobody doubts his talent, but its a matter of what chicago would have demanded.

Exactly.

Toronto FC made out alright, given that our big-name acquisitions all fell through.

He didn't really get away - TFC never actively pursued him in the first place. Glad to see he's doing well, though.

- Scott

sidvan
08-30-2008, 05:01 AM
A Canadian player being successful anywhere is a good thing. Sure we would love to see these guys wearing the TFC colours.

The more successful Will s the more likely he too would have been called away with our other CMNT players leaving more big holes in the squad. Got Away..I'm not so sure.

Draracle
08-30-2008, 10:43 AM
With our young talent and so much effort being pushed into the academy and our picks, I think we will find ourselves in a better position to fight for these established players in the future. Grass will be a nice help too.

rocker
08-30-2008, 10:46 AM
Chicago would have asked for Marvell Wynne and then taken a month to decide.

ag futbol
08-30-2008, 11:21 AM
Ok, I liked the idea of getting Johnson but let's see a few more games. He's off to a good start.

The price is no excuse, we all saw what RSL paid, our money / draft picks are no different than theirs. Chicago isn't stupid they aren't going to accept way less from another team just to spite us.

Keegan
08-30-2008, 12:28 PM
There was no chance of us getting him from Chicago. He's Canadian congrats, we get it you are wildly biased towards Canadians. Ruiz is gonna make a much more significant impact down the final stretch than Johnson would have.

CARLOS RUIZ? I don't know who you guys think Ruiz is, maybe too much FIFA or Football Manager? He is garbage, plain and simple. Not to mention his 400 000 a year price tag. I was watching Fox Soccer Fone In and the two English guys were absolutely tearing him apart and chirping the Galaxy for even paying him. "Way past it"

That is all (oh and Ruiz is a pussy)

Oldtimer
08-30-2008, 01:06 PM
I doubt that Mo wants to deal with Chicago any time in the near future.