PDA

View Full Version : Nuno Gomes to MLS??

Baggio2TFC
08-29-2008, 07:36 PM
Just saw this on Transfer Market Web's site. Could be a possibility, I have not heard anything from his camp in a while?? This site is pretty good for this stuff.
http://www.transfermarketweb.com/?action=read&idsel=23798

I'd take him in a heartbeat!

SLBuu
08-29-2008, 07:42 PM
after all the players we just acquired dont know if we have room for him......

he would definitely be an asset here especially with his quick one touch release. Which IMO all our forwards desperately lack.

Baggio2TFC
08-29-2008, 07:51 PM

he would definitely be an asset here especially with his quick one touch release. Which IMO all our forwards desperately lack.

Your a Benfica fan I guess:o....What have you heard on him. i heard he was coming to T.O. a while ago. Other MLS theam must have caught wind of it and moved in. have you heard anything from his camp. I see he played last weekend?

rocker
08-29-2008, 07:53 PM
is he still currently on contract? how could he be transferred in now that the MLS window is closed? i don't think he's a free agent.

professor
08-29-2008, 07:54 PM
if only....
lots of football and goals left in him

Baggio2TFC
08-29-2008, 07:58 PM
is he still currently on contract? how could he be transferred in now that the MLS window is closed? i don't think he's a free agent.
He is still under contract for this year, but let's be honest, if MLS wants him here(other then T.O.) they will get him here!

dantdot
08-29-2008, 08:12 PM
Same site that said Sukur would sign with us.

TFC USA
08-29-2008, 08:34 PM
I just love the fact that any over-the-hill star that is in his 30s is automatically considered to go to MLS.

TFC FAN72
08-29-2008, 08:58 PM
Your a Benfica fan I guess:o....What have you heard on him. i heard he was coming to T.O. a while ago. Other MLS theam must have caught wind of it and moved in. have you heard anything from his camp. I see he played last weekend?

Being a Benfica fan myself and seeing him play for Portugal and also seeing him score Sunday, I would say that he is still a player to be feared around the box.

He is quick and can find the net in a hurry. Rumblings have him saying no to TFC because of the turf, as he was here last year during the friendly VS TFC.

Not saying that is the only reason, but Toronto is the only place he would consider based on our Multi-Culturism. If we get grass, that might sway him, but I still think teams in Europe would be higher on his list than coming to MLS.

shwade
08-29-2008, 09:43 PM
Didn't he already turn us down though?

TFC FAN72
08-29-2008, 09:47 PM
Didn't he already turn us down though?

Because of the pitch, YES. Although it was a better field than the one played on at Skydome about 10 years ago.

He loved the city when they came for the friendly, very Portuguese as many of us know and the fans were incredible, but to go from playing on grass your whole life and then playing on BMO Field is a few steps back for him.

Also, Europe holds more for him then MLS right now. With the youth on Benfica right now, he is feeling young again and wants to stay with them and see what happens.

giambac
08-29-2008, 09:54 PM
I just love the fact that any over-the-hill star that is in his 30s is automatically considered to go to MLS.

Over the hill star who is still a 100% improvement on the bad excuse for soccer players we have on our roster.

tfc007
08-30-2008, 05:50 AM
I have followed his career for awhile,if he came here he would help us big time.He is very quick inside the box,very good in give "n" go passing,he is a good finisher,good in the air,if does come over hopefully he will make Toronto his home.

CretanBull
08-30-2008, 06:31 AM

If Gomes wanted to play in Toronto, we'd find room for him in a hurry.