PDA

View Full Version : Schelleto as League MVP?

maninb
08-29-2008, 03:01 PM
ESPN is pumping that a-hole as their MVP pick!!! he's the worst diver in the entire league, and a f*cking crybaby as well! They've got to be bloody well kidding!

H Bomb
08-29-2008, 03:03 PM
If the Galaxy were winning it'd be Beckham....but they aren't. You're right about him...but statistically it would make sense.

tfc_4_ever
08-29-2008, 03:06 PM
If the Galaxy were winning it'd be Beckham....but they aren't. You're right about him...but statistically it would make sense.
QFT :hump:

TFC-Tyler
08-29-2008, 03:26 PM
It's really just so sad in my mind.

Such a talented player wasting his talent by diving. Pathetic.

Redcoe15
08-29-2008, 06:24 PM
:puke:
GAD, no one from Columbutts should win it. Especially that dickhole!

LucaGol
08-29-2008, 06:33 PM
First of all....Schelotto IS the MVP of this league right now.....look at that stats, look at the standings....look at the way Columbus plays....its all because of him.

Sure we hate him.....but we can still admire him.

He has what....15, 16 assists...more than double the next guy...and add about 4, 5 goals to that.....20 assists is somewhat unheard of in any league really. I know its not a widely reported stat (as anything but goals is)...but c'mon...Schelotto is the engine of that team.

Plus, who else is deserving of this award......Shalrie Joseph maybe, Landon Donovan...team isn't performing that great even though he is....Luciano Emilio is recovering from a bad start...can he play enough good games to warrant MVP...Angel is also in the mix if the Red Bulls can make the playoffs.....Blanco is probably the next in line for MVP.

But right now, I'd say its definitely GBS's to lose.

profit89
08-29-2008, 06:45 PM
GBS is a great player (minus the diving)

Bobo
08-29-2008, 07:05 PM
Ya, the whiney cunt deserves it....

rocker
08-29-2008, 07:25 PM
he needs a haircut

jloome
08-29-2008, 07:50 PM
First of all....Schelotto IS the MVP of this league right now.....look at that stats, look at the standings....look at the way Columbus plays....its all because of him.

Sure we hate him.....but we can still admire him.

He has what....15, 16 assists...more than double the next guy...and add about 4, 5 goals to that.....20 assists is somewhat unheard of in any league really. I know its not a widely reported stat (as anything but goals is)...but c'mon...Schelotto is the engine of that team.

Plus, who else is deserving of this award......Shalrie Joseph maybe, Landon Donovan...team isn't performing that great even though he is....Luciano Emilio is recovering from a bad start...can he play enough good games to warrant MVP...Angel is also in the mix if the Red Bulls can make the playoffs.....Blanco is probably the next in line for MVP.

But right now, I'd say its definitely GBS's to lose.

Agreed, although both Kyle Beckerman and Sasha Klejstan deserve a nod, because their teams are substantially more woeful than Columbus but often look OK thanks to these too; look at RSL's recent improvement.

Even though he's only been in the league half a season, Fuckerby will deserve a nod if he gets San Jose into the playoffs.

TicTacTabarnack
08-30-2008, 02:03 PM
I don't care what ESPN thinks ... I'm still bringing my "diving" flag

http://scubaserge.com/dive%20flag.JPG

and wearing my cap and goggles for the KKKrew game on September 13th!

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2002/2510780586_ba8340f25f.jpg?v=0

Lucky Strike
08-30-2008, 02:08 PM
There's no doubt he has talent, but he doesn't deserve it; he's just not sporting and is just the grossest diver the world has ever seen.

LucaGol
08-30-2008, 02:19 PM
There's no doubt he has talent, but he doesn't deserve it; he's just not sporting and is just the grossest diver the world has ever seen.

I guess Cristiano Ronaldo doesn't deserve the world player of the year award.....

Lucky Strike
08-30-2008, 04:41 PM
I guess Cristiano Ronaldo doesn't deserve the world player of the year award.....

Who?!? :D

twistedchinaman
08-30-2008, 04:42 PM
It's really just so sad in my mind.

Such a talented player wasting his talent by diving. Pathetic.

+1 to that!

brad
08-30-2008, 04:47 PM
Actually, the worst diver in the league is now a TFC player.

ua-kozak_TFC
08-30-2008, 10:47 PM
that shows the sad reality of MLS... the fact that is awful... schelotto who couldn;t even find minutes on the bench in Boca a team which idolizes him. I have seen him play as a play maker for boca a couple of times as a last resort and the fact is. HE WAS ABSOLUTE SHIT.. he was closed down very easily and couldn;t hold the ball. the fact that he is floorishing in this league is quite SAD for the league.\

A lot of you gonna attack me with a tone of bricks any moment now... But to my undestanding in this league there are a few really good talents that could compete in europe the rest are just way below par international soccer....

And a proove that this league's overall quality is that landon practically has 1 goal per game almost 20 games into the season... That is INTENSE in any other league this is practically unachivable unless you are Pele....

VPjr
08-31-2008, 01:19 AM
^ I agree with you actually. Schelloto WAS a good player for Boca at one time but towards the end of his run, he was largely ineffective (but he did win a big PK vs. River in a Superclassico in 2005 or 2006 after coming on as a late sub).

In this league, where time and space are readily available, he's a menace to the opposition. People might hate his diving but I'd learn to live with it if TFC was winning as many game as the Crew are winning these days. they don't hand out toughness points in soccer...just 3 points for wins and 1 point for ties.

MLS is simply a very average soccer league on global standards. Not horrible (some games can be entertaining enough) but not good. Too few real talents in the league and the ones that do exist are getting sold at a quick clip. A few more are likely to move in January. that's why I laugh when people are so quick to dump on USL1 and call it a minor league. MLS is a minor league too by any standard. there are very few major leagues and you need to be a major talent to stick it out in those leagues

joesoccerfan
08-31-2008, 09:18 AM
Schelotto has been awesome this year...like him or not, I think he has been in the top 3 players in the league. Of course, Donovan will get the MVP...

colman1860
08-31-2008, 02:19 PM
Actually, the worst diver in the league is now a TFC player.

I was hoping someone might mention that.

ricciboy
08-31-2008, 08:16 PM
i think columbus donst deserve shit