PDA

View Full Version : Argo Fans PREFER the Rogers Dome

Robin
08-29-2008, 01:24 PM
A well connected person tells that that the results of the Argos fan survery are in and . . . a majority of Argo fans PREFER the Rogers Dome!:)

And with the recent talk of putting grass into BMO Field, it looks like momentum is moving in favour of keeping BMO Field a soccer only facility.

Broadview
08-29-2008, 01:26 PM
Sweet.

LucaGol
08-29-2008, 01:27 PM
Boy that survey really blew up in their face....if what ur saying is true.

alexintoronto
08-29-2008, 01:27 PM
I knew my poll was accurate :D

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=4551

rocker
08-29-2008, 01:48 PM
i said before, we shouldn't just poll TFC fans on this, but see what the Argo fans think too, because moving to BMO affects them too. If this survey is saying clearly that fans don't want to move, then that adds pressure from their side, in addition to the pressure from our side. perfect!
now, I'd like to know how high that majority was....

Cashcleaner
08-29-2008, 03:12 PM
Of course the majority of Argos fans want to stay at Rogers Centre. Not wanting to disparage BMO Field, but the facilities and amenities at Rogers Centre were built specifically for the baseball and gridiron crowds and I believe it all makes for a top-knotch sporting experience.

The proposal to move to BMO and go through the time, effort, and expense of renovating the stadium to accomodate the Argonauts was near-ludicrous to begin with.

With that all said, I think we should once again acknowledge that the Argonaut's team and the fans themselves were never the "enemy" with regards to this matter, but rather the club's owners who submitted the plan and the city who had final say over the affair.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-29-2008, 03:15 PM
A well connected person tells that that the results of the Argos fan survery are in and . . . a majority of Argo fans PREFER the Rogers Dome!:)

And with the recent talk of putting grass into BMO Field, it looks like momentum is moving in favour of keeping BMO Field a soccer only facility.

But when do sports franchise really listen to fans? i hope this is over,not quite sure though. this is all about the bottom line and the argos getting rent free or almost rent free facilities.

tfc_4_ever
08-29-2008, 03:16 PM
yesssssssssssssssssss

Draracle
08-29-2008, 03:34 PM
Boy that survey really blew up in their face....if what ur saying is true.

I doubt it "blew up in their face". I believe the honestly didn't know what to do, and thought it prudent to ask the fans. They were probably leaning towards BMO because of the success of smaller outdoor venues in the CFL. But the dome is a great venue and it comes with a roof!

I don't think the Argos will move if the fans don't want it. Especially for all the cash they will have to shell out.

TFC07
08-29-2008, 03:51 PM
Oh good. I guess I can go back supporting Argos now.

Redcoe15
08-29-2008, 06:13 PM
I wonder how TFC+Argos4Life is taking this news? Is it:

A) :cryin:

B) :mad5:

C) :banghead:

D) :willy_nilly:

E) :puke:

Richard D
08-29-2008, 06:43 PM
Now what am I going to do with this 'keep the argos out' tattoo on my ass...

pffft....

ManUtd4ever
08-29-2008, 07:11 PM
Of course the majority of Argos fans want to stay at Rogers Centre. Not wanting to disparage BMO Field, but the facilities and amenities at Rogers Centre were built specifically for the baseball and gridiron crowds and I believe it all makes for a top-knotch sporting experience.

The proposal to move to BMO and go through the time, effort, and expense of renovating the stadium to accomodate the Argonauts was near-ludicrous to begin with.

With that all said, I think we should once again acknowledge that the Argonaut's team and the fans themselves were never the "enemy" with regards to this matter, but rather the club's owners who submitted the plan and the city who had final say over the affair.

As an Argo fan, I agree with all of the above. Well articulated Cashcleaner...

ricciboy
08-29-2008, 09:09 PM
Sweet.

good

tfc007
08-30-2008, 05:35 AM
Best news I have heard today,keep those fuckers at the dome.

Parkdale
08-30-2008, 09:07 AM
Now what am I going to do with this 'keep the argos out' tattoo on my ass...

pffft....

wait.... You had such a problem with the Argos trying to get into your ass that it required a tattoo?

denime
08-30-2008, 09:37 AM
I wonder how TFC+Argos4Life is taking this news? Is it:

A) :cryin:

B) :mad5:

C) :banghead:

D) :willy_nilly:

E) :puke:

Good question,since he was sent on Vacation for one month for trolling,we will have to wait a few more weeks before he can respond.

Bars92
08-30-2008, 03:00 PM
I was never worried. The Argos fans are a stingy bunch, the bottom line is they don't want their ticket prices to go up.

Richard D
08-30-2008, 06:51 PM
wait.... You had such a problem with the Argos trying to get into your ass that it required a tattoo?

Ive been cursed with the kavorka...