PDA

View Full Version : Long list of players not playing on Sept 6th

Mikey
08-28-2008, 04:00 PM
Return game against Chivas at BMO on the 6th will be missing one or two players for national qualifiers....

Marvell Wynne (USA)
Julius James (T&T)
Tyrone Marshall (Jamaica).
Greg Sutton (Canada)
Jim Brennan (Canada)
Carl Robinson (Wales)
Amado Guevara (Honduras)
Carlos Ruiz (Guatemala)

*edit: Jarrod Smith called up fo New Zealand also.

Anyone care to speculate what the remaining line up will look like?

Ossington Mental Youth
08-28-2008, 04:07 PM
Pretty disappointing.
Gonna be alot of the young canadians playing thats for sure, at least we will have ricketts and josmith on the wings

graeme117
08-28-2008, 04:13 PM
is brennan going for sure? i hadn't seen a squad list floating around

ccopela
08-28-2008, 04:17 PM
Is Julius James definitely not going to be there? I haven't seen a T&T squad list

MFG1
08-28-2008, 04:18 PM
IS this considered a "premium game"??? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha whoaaa!

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-28-2008, 04:22 PM
I’ve also read the suggestion that Ibrahim might be getting a U20 call-up at the same time.

JonO
08-28-2008, 04:22 PM
This was the list in the G&M - Do we even have enough bodies on defense?

rocker
08-28-2008, 04:29 PM
Is Julius James definitely not going to be there? I haven't seen a T&T squad list

the tfc website just posted an article on him leaving. he plays against Ruiz and Wynne over the two games.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-28-2008, 04:43 PM
Return game against Chivas at BMO on the 6th will be missing one or two players for national qualifiers....

Marvell Wynne (USA)
Julius James (T&T)
Greg Sutton (Canada)
Jim Brennan (Canada)
Carl Robinson (Wales)
Amado Guevara (Honduras)
Carlos Ruiz (Guatemala)

we played pretty well shorthanded last time....maybe it will get the other
lads to pick their game up again,

rocker
08-28-2008, 04:53 PM
we played pretty well shorthanded last time....maybe it will get the other
lads to pick their game up again,

i'm sure hemming and rosenlund won't mind... ya always hear about young guys wanting a chance.. well here it is!

werewolf
08-28-2008, 04:54 PM
It's Joey Melo TIME!!!!

Nuvinho
08-28-2008, 05:16 PM
add Jarrod Smith to that list

Nuvinho
08-28-2008, 05:17 PM
WE WILL BE MISSING 9 PLAYERS!!!

Our senior roster is 18...wtf.....2 kids get the call up.

dantdot
08-28-2008, 05:20 PM
I think this is worse than we realize, we have one natural defender left.

Redpunkfiddle
Maybe it will be simpler to just say who will be left.

Ok, I am stumped.

Nuvinho
-------------------Edwards-----------------------

Hemming-----------Velez----xxxxxxxxxxxx------Gala

--------------------Harmse-----------------------

Ricketts-------------Roselund--------------Smith

-------------Dichio----------Barrett-------------

rocker
08-28-2008, 05:40 PM
I actually don't think it's a huge step down with some of the kids out there for a game or so.
I wish we had Attakora tho..
the thing is, if anyone gets hurt, then it's a real big test beyond that. Maybe Killian Elkinson would get in!

Nuvinho
08-28-2008, 05:42 PM
or Guadet

I am just wondering who is going to be our D.

Draracle
08-28-2008, 05:50 PM
it will be fan appreciation day... where 11 fans get to appreciate how hard the MLS really is.

Nuvinho
08-28-2008, 05:52 PM
it will be fan appreciation day... where 11 fans get to appreciate how hard the MLS really is.

I'll play Harmse position, should be easy to hack at people.

TFC111
08-28-2008, 05:57 PM
I'd go like this:

-----------------Edwards--------------

Hemming---------Velez------------Gala

-----------Melo-----Harmse-----------

Ricketts-------Rosenlund-------Jo. Smith

----------Barrett----------Dichio-------

Although Melo could very well be replaced by a rent-a-player in this formation.

AL-MO
08-28-2008, 06:04 PM
I'll play Harmse position, should be easy to hack at people.

I know I'll be doing that this Saturday!!!

AL-MO
08-28-2008, 06:05 PM
I actually don't think it's a huge step down with some of the kids out there for a game or so.
I wish we had Attakora tho..
the thing is, if anyone gets hurt, then it's a real big test beyond that. Maybe Killian Elkinson would get in!

You really think so?

Brooker
08-28-2008, 06:05 PM
we want Melo.

egoodwin
08-28-2008, 06:10 PM

Marvell Wynne (USA)
Julius James (T&T)
Greg Sutton (Canada)
Jim Brennan (Canada)
Carl Robinson (Wales)
Amado Guevara (Honduras)
Carlos Ruiz (Guatemala)

When you include injuries it's:
Marvell Wynne (USA)
Julius James (T&T)
Greg Sutton (Canada)
Jim Brennan (Canada)
Carl Robinson (Wales)
Amado Guevara (Honduras)
Carlos Ruiz (Guatemala)
Danny Dichio
Nana Attakora
Todd Dunivant?

Hell that's a full side of 11 players gone...

Missing FC

Ruiz Dichio
Guevara
Brennan Dunivant?
Robinson
Nana Marshall James Wynne
Sutton

And on the bench: Cunningham

Zidane10
08-28-2008, 06:14 PM
Wow. At least the kids and reserves will have a chance to play and prove what they're worth. Can't say we'll have much of a chance, though.

Zidane10
08-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Does anyone know what players Chivas will be missing? If they're missing a few players, it could even the sides out a little.

Nuvinho
08-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Chivas will be missing Sasha K-can't spell the rest of your name.

Zidane10
08-28-2008, 06:20 PM
He's ok but not enough to make up for all of our missing players.

Corpand
08-28-2008, 06:33 PM
will we even have enough subs?

Red CB Toronto
08-28-2008, 06:42 PM
I like the two Tylers, think they will be something to the table.

ManUtd4ever
08-28-2008, 07:30 PM
Fuck, TFC's lineup for this game is almost as decimated as the lineup I saw for the Independiente friendly. I still think TFC can pull it off at home with Dichio and Barrett on the pitch though...

Redpunkfiddle
08-28-2008, 07:35 PM
If Danny's still out..well...maybe we can call up Monsalve to play striker.

jocut
08-28-2008, 07:44 PM
Isn't it time to start bombarding mls with messages about this situation.
How the hel is team supposed to compete with their whole starting line up missing.This F-----g sucks and neds to be addressed now.
GET ON THE FIFA CALENDAR NOW!!!!!

Mikey
08-28-2008, 07:47 PM
looks like Jarrod Smith will also be called up for New zealands game.

rocker
08-28-2008, 07:47 PM
uh oh, Wynne is being pimped in fine Edu style by MLS.. say goodbye while you can! maybe he'll be on the FIFA 2010 cover! ;)

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20080828&content_id=183851&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

FluSH
08-28-2008, 08:01 PM
Go See The Cmnt In Montreal!

jloome
08-28-2008, 08:04 PM
The league should postpone this due to callups. If they can do it with league games in Europe they can do it here.

kitchener-TFC
08-28-2008, 08:19 PM
Back in April, I chose to go to this game for whatever reason....and it's been the dumbest purchase I've ever made...(regrets buying tix for this weekend).

Keegan
08-28-2008, 08:26 PM
Marvell Wynne isn't going to be called by the states. He has only been called once and that was for Copa America where they sent a weaker squad.

Chad Barrett probably has more of a chance of being called than Wynne since he was called in June.

--------------------Edwards-----------------------
Wynne--------Harmse------Velez----------Dunivant
-------------------Hemming---------------------
Ricketts--------------------------------------Gala
-------------------Rosenlund-----------------------
------------------Barrett---Dichio--------------------------

Harmse has played central d for the Galaxy and might be serviceable for 1 match.

Toronto FC will still play STRONG.

Canada/Toronto FC 2009 U20s stand up!
Gaudet, Melo, Gala. Shame Attakora-Gyan is hurt. All of them have a future with TFC especially Gala and Attakora.

Rosenlund and Hemming are going to be starters in MLS. Harmse is a good utility player.

Keegan
08-28-2008, 08:29 PM
I was just thinking of Canada U23s and one thing popped out at me. Keegan Ayre (born in 1988) started every match for Canada in the qualis and impressed many. He was supposed to sign for Walsall after leaving Hibs but they said they didn't have the funds. I would LOVE IT if we signed him.

dantdot
08-28-2008, 08:45 PM
Marvell Wynne isn't going to be called by the states. He has only been called once and that was for Copa America where they sent a weaker squad.

Chad Barrett probably has more of a chance of being called than Wynne since he was called in June.

--------------------Edwards-----------------------
Wynne--------Harmse------Velez----------Dunivant
-------------------Hemming---------------------
Ricketts--------------------------------------Gala
-------------------Rosenlund-----------------------
------------------Barrett---Dichio--------------------------

Harmse has played central d for the Galaxy and might be serviceable for 1 match.

Toronto FC will still play STRONG.

Canada/Toronto FC 2009 U20s stand up!
Gaudet, Melo, Gala. Shame Attakora-Gyan is hurt. All of them have a future with TFC especially Gala and Attakora.

Rosenlund and Hemming are going to be starters in MLS. Harmse is a good utility player.

Dunivant is still injured and Wynne did get called up. Also Johann Smith would replace Gala.

Blizzard
08-28-2008, 08:46 PM

Get with the program mon ami!

Wynne leads U.S. national team call-ups: MLSNET.COM

http://web.mlsnet.com/news/mls_news.jsp?ymd=20080828&content_id=183851&vkey=news_mls&fext=.jsp

.... and Dunivant is out for the season after ankle surgery!

shwade
08-28-2008, 08:49 PM
Is it even slightly possible that MLS could postpone the game?

Beach_Red
08-28-2008, 08:51 PM
The league should postpone this due to callups. If they can do it with league games in Europe they can do it here.

Yes, they should. Or, you know, the way things have been going, maybe there'll be a blizzard or an airport strike or a power failure. Come on, it's in Toronto, something could come up.....

RPB_Brantford_08
08-28-2008, 08:51 PM

Or dale Mitchell could be nice enough not to call up TFC for the game that day. but seriou, until MLS gets with the Fifa calender this will continue to remain a problem....

RPB_Brantford_08
08-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Is it even slightly possible that MLS could postpone the game?

NO chance

Nuvinho
08-28-2008, 09:15 PM
Sutton will get the call-up for sure, after Onstad's error. Jimmy B may not play, so they may let him stay.

Blizzard
08-28-2008, 09:25 PM
Yes, they should. Or, you know, the way things have been going, maybe there'll be a blizzard or an airport strike or a power failure. Come on, it's in Toronto, something could come up.....

I was thinking that a water main might break flooding the pitch to a depth of 3 inches making it unplayable.

Of course, first we have to seal the exits from the field so the water can't escape.

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-28-2008, 09:34 PM
I wonder if TFC would be able to dress some guest players for the game like they do for the reserve matches?

Juanito
08-28-2008, 09:34 PM
The wankers in the MLS Ivory Tower have got to get their heads out of the clouds and realize that we need to be on the FIFA calendar and NOT PLAY GAMES THAT COINCIDE WITH INTERNATIONAL DATES. UEFA has figured it out ... why is it so hard for MLS? Are we that bloody arrogant?

Helloooooooo, is any one there (whilst knocking on the noggins of our geniuses at MLS front office)?

Nuvinho
08-28-2008, 09:35 PM
Don't they have one senior spot open?? (Edu's spot). Maybe they have someone still on trial.......Andy Todd, that Tello guy??

TFC USA
08-28-2008, 09:46 PM
Let's put it this way, Mo won't be happy seeing all of these Canadians that didn't get called up play on the pitch in a Canadian city. :D

RedRum
08-28-2008, 10:17 PM
Go See The Cmnt In Montreal!

Tough call, lemme see:

USL-like roster for TFC vs for Chivas, MLS league game on plastic surface

or

World class calibre CMNT WC qualifying where Guevara gets his ass handed to him by the boys on grass.

No brainer. I'm surprised there aren't 300 RPB making the trip.

Corpand
08-28-2008, 10:18 PM
hey, isnt this fun. Dichio feels better, but James will be gone.

MFBODD
08-28-2008, 10:28 PM
Isn't it time to start bombarding mls with messages about this situation.
How the hel is team supposed to compete with their whole starting line up missing.This F-----g sucks and neds to be addressed now.
GET ON THE FIFA CALENDAR NOW!!!!!

I agree. I've been pissed about this from the start. Shit like this will cost playoff positions and championships. It's fucking stupid and the league should do something about it. Some leagues will simply suspend matches during international play...There's an idea!!

S_D
08-29-2008, 06:58 AM
I wonder if TFC would be able to dress some guest players for the game like they do for the reserve matches?

I read somewhere on the MLS site the other day (don't ask me where because I couldn't find it again if I tried), If TFC has less than 15 players we can use some sort of pool player. Not sure where the players can come though.... from some MLS pool or guests. Same thing as calling in an emergency keeper last season.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-29-2008, 07:36 AM
God i hope this doesnt go unnoticed (im sure we will all mention it to Ives) as this is a good case to follow the bloody fifa calender. Christ the MLS is arrogant

Richard D
08-29-2008, 07:46 AM
Guys, dont forget to wear clean underwear in case they get really shorthanded and one of us needs to step in...

Wooster_TFC
08-29-2008, 08:10 AM
Don't they have one senior spot open?? (Edu's spot). Maybe they have someone still on trial.......Andy Todd, that Tello guy??

You are correct: http://redpatchboys.ca/forums/showthread.php?t=3237

To be honest, I still see us having problems, even if we sign 1 more player. The problem isn't with our starting lineup, it's with our bench. Has anyone confirmed whether Ibrahim has been called up?

We're looking at a bench of:

Best case scenario (Ibrahim not called up, Dichio ready to play)

Ibrahim/Dichio (if Dichio's only a sub)
Gaudet
Elkinson
Pool Keeper
??

Worst Case (Ibrahim called up, Dichio not ready):

Elkinson/Gaudet (depending on which one gets the start)
Pool Keeper
???

Ouch.