PDA

View Full Version : Early Entrance to BMO Field Benefit for SSH?!?

TicTacTabarnack
08-28-2008, 11:06 AM
As a Season Seat Holder can you get into the stadium before others?
Yes, Season Seat Holders can enter the stadium 15 minutes prior to when the gates open for the public. Gates open approximately 60 minutes prior to game time. Link (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/tickets/ssh/faq/#getting_01)

Has anyone used this benefit? If so, how?

LOL ... Now that I think of it with 16,000 (80%) of the stadium being SSH. Does this benefit make sense?

Shaughno
08-28-2008, 11:07 AM
It has never happened. Try asking a gate worker to let you in early and see the response. ;)

Roogsy
08-28-2008, 11:07 AM
Pfft...I'd be surprised if the staff even know about this feature. I'd like to hear if anyone has ever actually used this. It's a silly promotion that doesn't work well.

AL-MO
08-28-2008, 11:28 AM
The people that really need early entry are supporters, to get ready for tifos and other activities...STH don't need to get in early, half of them show up late anyways.

Gobi
08-28-2008, 11:44 AM
Well, now that the gates only open 15 minutes before kickoff... :rolleyes:
:taz:

boban
08-28-2008, 11:47 AM
Yes, Season Seat Holders can enter the stadium 15 minutes prior to when the gates open for the public. Gates open approximately 60 minutes prior to game time.
Whats with this 60 min BS
In Europe its like 3 or 4 hours.

raj100
08-28-2008, 11:47 AM
you still cant go to your seats 15 minutes early its just that u can enter the stadium and line up for food and merchandise earlier

Parkdale
08-28-2008, 11:57 AM
there is an early entrance if you have club seats or that 'lounge' pass.

I have neither, not would I like too. I'm prawny, but there's a limit.

rocker
08-28-2008, 12:19 PM
there is an early entrance if you have club seats or that 'lounge' pass.
I have neither, not would I like too. I'm prawny, but there's a limit.

have you tried it tho? I love the prawn sandwich room downstairs. I tried it once for the Canada game, and it's tempting to go back.
Two bars downstairs, easy access to the washroom instead of standing in line. German bratwurst and other delights to eat...
I even got to piss next to Mojo!

Rhapido
08-28-2008, 09:38 PM
I'm prawny...

:D

I love all these "prawn" wisecracks. Seems like an expression coined exclusively on this message board -- am I correct or perhaps I'm just not up to speed on the latest street lingo (entirely possible)??!

Bluenose13
08-28-2008, 10:11 PM
Prawn sandwich brigade = United supporters @ Old trafford.....1st time I heard it (Roy Keane I believe)

MFBODD
08-28-2008, 10:18 PM
I don't really care to get to my seat wayyyyyyy early. I spend enough on beer at BMO as it is. Plus, if you've even been to the bars/pubs in the area, or tailgate for a pre-match bevy or 5 you wouldn't want to show up early.

mclaren
08-28-2008, 10:22 PM
Prawn sandwich brigade = United supporters @ Old trafford.....1st time I heard it (Roy Keane I believe)

Yes, coined by Keano, the living legend.

FluSH
08-29-2008, 10:03 AM
Yes, Season Seat Holders can enter the stadium 15 minutes prior to when the gates open for the public. Gates open approximately 60 minutes prior to game time. Link (http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/tickets/ssh/faq/#getting_01)

Has anyone used this benefit? If so, how?

LOL ... Now that I think of it with 16,000 (80%) of the stadium being SSH. Does this benefit make sense?

The Flags and Banners unit needs to get in there 45 minutes prior to the game!

BritSOL
08-30-2008, 03:43 PM
Yes, coined by Keano, the living legend.

More details. Just because some of us are not in the Supporters Section, doesn't mean we are Prawn Sandwich Brigade.:D

Keane hits out at sections of United's support in the wake of what he felt was a dire atmosphere in the club's Champions League clash with Dynamo Kiev in 2000. "Sometimes you wonder, do they understand the game of football?" he splutters. "We're 1-0 up, then there are one or two stray passes and they're getting on players' backs. It's just not on. At the end of the day they need to get behind the team. Away from home our fans are fantastic, I'd call them the hardcore fans. But at home they have a few drinks and probably the prawn sandwiches, and they don't realise what's going on out on the pitch. I don't think some of the people who come to Old Trafford can spell 'football', never mind understand it."