PDA

View Full Version : Season Ticket Renewal

Pages : [1] 2 3

Eastend
08-28-2008, 10:07 AM
INFO IS OUT.....check your email!!!!

flatpicker
08-28-2008, 10:08 AM
I'm sure most of you have recieved your email about renewals.
Can I assume 100% of us will be back next year???

mclaren
08-28-2008, 10:10 AM
what's the news?

Shaughno
08-28-2008, 10:13 AM
I'm sure most of you have recieved your email about renewals.
Can I assume 100% of us will be back next year???

Can I assume a 40% increase in two years with no results to prove it's worth, is straight rape?

RPB_Brantford_08
08-28-2008, 10:15 AM
just payed for mine for next season....bring on 2009!!!

$280 for the supporters section
10 regular mls games
5 premium mls games
1 intl friendly
2 Canadian championship matches
1 Prelim rd CCL match

flatpicker
The only thing I don't like is the Seat Relocation.

It simply does not work!!!

Folks at the top of the list can go in on day 1, but they don't find seats in the section they want... then on day 2 someone moves out of the section that the day 1 person wanted... I don't see how this is effective at all...

There really needs to be an online system set up were any season ticket holder wishing to move enters in their current seats and the seats they desire. Then some program will match up all the requests to satisfy much of the need.

Until they change the relocation procedure I don't see many more supporters getting into supporter sections, or soccer moms getting out!

BakaGaijin
Can I assume a 40% increase in two years with no results to prove it's worth, is straight rape?

.........up the pooper.

Shaughno
08-28-2008, 10:16 AM
^^ Seriously. I'm not broke but if the trend continues, in two years I'll be struggling to keep my seats.

nobodybeatsthewiz
08-28-2008, 10:17 AM
another hike this yr?!

ilikemusic
08-28-2008, 10:17 AM
I have half season tickets. No email for me. :(

Shaughno
08-28-2008, 10:18 AM
Yup, $280 for the $200 tickets. Why? What reason can they give that can justify that?

peskypetey
08-28-2008, 10:19 AM
All other sections will be expected to remain seated during match play, unless the excitement of the play suggests otherwise.

Not happy about this line since there is a core group of people in 105 who stand. Might be some issues next year if they try to enforce it.

TicTacTabarnack
08-28-2008, 10:19 AM

Folks at the top of the list can go in on day 1, but they don't find seats in the section they want... then on day 2 someone moves out of the section that the day 1 person wanted... I don't see how this is effective at all...

There really needs to be an online system set up were any season ticket holder wishing to move enters in their current seats and the seats they desire. Then some program will match up all the requests to satisfy much of the need.

Until they change the relocation procedure I don't see many more supporters getting into supporter sections, or soccer moms getting out!

I completely agree!

RPB_Brantford_08
08-28-2008, 10:20 AM
Yup, $280 for the $200 tickets. Why? What reason can they give that can justify that?

they were 267 this season they went up 13.00 for Seattle coimng in next year.

flatpicker
08-28-2008, 10:21 AM
I'm confused Shaughno... from what I can see, I paid $480 (before handling fee) for my tickets in year 1... and my price for 2009 is $500.
Maybe I'm reading it wrong... but that doesn't seem like a 40% increase.

edit - after re-reading the figures... the price increase is almost the 40% from year 1

OneLoveOneEric
08-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Another price increase. I also see something on the info about the invoice having the firt 2 rounds of the playoffs in them? Could this be correct? Are they Maple Leafs-ing us and making us pay up front for playoff seats, or is this just FYI?
I'm plenty pissed if that's the case....

H Bomb
08-28-2008, 10:22 AM

This is true. I try not to complain about the money issues but we need to speak to front office and have them explain this to us. If they end up giving us the standard capitalist supply demand rhetoric then fair enough, at least we know where we stand, but we need answers to these questions.

BakaGaijin

Don't forget.............home games also went from 16 to 15 this year.......

nobodybeatsthewiz
he's saying 40% over yr 1.....$280 vs $200 is 40%

RPB_Brantford_08
I'm confused Shaughno... from what I can see, I paid $480 (before handling fee) for my tickets in year 1... and my price for 2009 is $500.

its only 5% if my math is correct,,,

Nuvinho
08-28-2008, 10:23 AM
I think those who got the $200 seats the first year they went on sale, got the same price last year? This year I guess its back to normal pricing.

Shaughno
Year one I paid $200 per seat.
Year two I paid $260 per seat.
Year three it's $280 per seat.

That is exactly a 40% increase.

mclaren
increase by the rate of inflation? ;)

flatpicker
its olny 5% if my math is correct,,,

plus we are getting 4 bonus games in the current package... only 1 of which is a meaningless friendly.

Shaughno
its olny 5% if my math is correct,,,

Read my fucking post then check your fucking math. :rolleyes:

flatpicker
08-28-2008, 10:24 AM

maybe they just don't like you...

:D

alexintoronto
08-28-2008, 10:24 AM
The prices went up at different rates for different sections.

Shaughno
08-28-2008, 10:25 AM
plus we are getting 4 bonus games in the current package... only 1 of which is a meaningless friendly.

4 Bonus games?

Did we not get 3 in the first year? Same this year, plus paying for ASG ON TOP of that?

Now we're LOSING a season game, and keeping the same amount of non league games.

Shaughno
08-28-2008, 10:26 AM
maybe they just don't like you...

:D

Don't come crying to me when the tickets are continually raising each year until they hit Leaf pricing.

OneLoveOneEric
I've got the same 40% over two years for my seats in 114. Total joke.
And they are putting 2 playoff games for THIS year in our payment plan for next year. The money gets rolled over should we not make it, but why am I getting charged for 2 games that won't happen?

Maple Leaf Red
You really shouldn't be using the $200 figure as the base for the tickets. That was a one-time introductory offer (the early bird price). The real base is $240. It's still a decent-sized increase (17% over two years) but it more accurately reflects the reality of the increase.

flatpicker
^ but the non-league games are far more important... CCL qualifying!

RedsYNWA
What is this get into the stadium early if you are a STH, NEVER HAS THIS OCCURED. We stand like cattle to 45 minutes prior to the kickoff....LIES I TELL YOU LIES

Shaughno
08-28-2008, 10:28 AM
You really shouldn't be using the $200 figure as the base for the tickets. That was a one-time introductory offer (the early bird price). The real base is $240. It's still a decent-sized increase (17% over two years) but it more accurately reflects the reality of the increase.

I PAID $200. I don't give a shit when people decided to sign up for tickets. 2.5 years = 40% increase. For what?

Where is the justification in teh increase?

^ but the non-league games are far more important... CCL qualifying!

:rolleyes: Cost the same amount of money do they not?

OneLoveOneEric
I don't give a fuck about the CCL (fine. yell at me :) ). And I'm not trying to figure out what "value" has been added. I said this last year after my seats went up 14% then. The absolute dollar value of the increase isn't a lot. but give it a few years at this rate and we'll all be fucked. MLSE is the biggest skull-fucker in the country. They send guys like Paul on here to soft-soap us (not an insult at Paul, he's doing his job), but it's the same cunts pulling the strings at the end of the day.

905shmick

What's worse is that I've found someone to trade tickets with and the FO is saying "sorry, you both have to go through the relocation process, else you will be jumping the line"

IDIOTS!

flatpicker
08-28-2008, 10:29 AM
Don't come crying to me when the tickets are continually raising each year until they hit Leaf pricing.

Tough guys like me don't cry!

Nodoubtguy
08-28-2008, 10:30 AM
"With this payment plan, you'll authorize your payment of any Toronto FC Playoff matches after they're played at BMO Field. You pay as we play."

Shaughno
Tough guys like me don't cry!

Exactly, you take it up the ass with a smile.

Nuvinho
I can't remember what I paid for 2006, but it was the early bird pricing. This year I paid $798, next year i'm paying $880 for section 108 (dark greys).......10% increase over last year.

flatpicker
Exactly, you take it up the ass with a smile.

now you're just getting vulgar!

Shaughno
08-28-2008, 10:32 AM
Vulgar is justified when you're getting fleeced on a 40% increase for no reason at all.

Has the play on the pitch justified the increase? Hardly. In fact they should almost be paying us to go.

Wagner
They are slowly going to price themselves out of range for their target market.
year,
2007 $400...not a big deal for a pair.
The $500 and change for 2008, sure it included the all-star game...although I recall paying a playoff handling fee...
now we are getting close to $600 for my pair in 116....how is this rewarding those that got in on the ground floor.
I understand the whole supply/demand thing.
but everyone knows that by targeting middle income 20-40 year olds...they created the atmosphere that has proven to be a great success....but they are slowly squeezing the life out of it.

Maple Leaf Red
And they are putting 2 playoff games for THIS year in our payment plan for next year. The money gets rolled over should we not make it, but why am I getting charged for 2 games that won't happen?
You don't have to pay for those if you don't want to:

Option 1:
Pay As We Play Plan (Credit Card Only)
– 20% deposit due on Friday October 3rd, 2008
– 40% automatic payment on Monday, November 3rd, 2008
– 40% automatic payment on Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008
– With this payment plan, you'll authorize your payment of any Toronto FC Playoff matches after they're played at BMO Field. You pay as we play.

And you're using the early bird price as the base for the percentage increase too right? That's a disingenuous argument.

Shaughno
08-28-2008, 10:33 AM
^^ and like the Leafs all they care about is the money. False hope in telling the supporters they really cared.

OneLoveOneEric
08-28-2008, 10:33 AM
there is no question in my mind that people on this board and at MLSE believe the supply-demand curve to be far more in their favour than in reality. If people leave this year, they will be bought up, certainly, but how many of those leave the following year?
The well is NOT bottomless.

Shaughno
08-28-2008, 10:34 AM
And you're using the early bird price as the base for the percentage increase too right? That's a disingenuous argument.

No it's not. I paid $200 per ticket. Now they are asking for 40% more.

Maple Leaf Red
08-28-2008, 10:35 AM
I PAID $200. I don't give a shit when people decided to sign up for tickets. 2.5 years = 40% increase. For what?

Fine. What you paid rose 40% but the cost of the seats did not. They've gone up 16%. I am not arguing that it's right that they've gone up so much but that's the true figure.

canadian_bhoy
I haven't received the email. Argh!!!!

My ticket rep sucks - never calls me back when I have questions and I never get these emails.

So now I have to call and say "hey, I didn't get the email" - to which I will not get a call back.

Greeeeeeeeeeeat.

nobodybeatsthewiz

Where is the justification in teh increase?

:rolleyes: Cost the same amount of money do they not?

further to shaughno's point

it DOES matter that we paid $200 for early bird.....because MLSE/TFC does nothing BUT exploit us south-end hardcores - who are the ones that jumped all over the $200 and not $240 price because we're 'crazies' - but then charges us 40% more?!

brutal

OneLoveOneEric
08-28-2008, 10:36 AM

Option 1:
Pay As We Play Plan (Credit Card Only)
– 20% deposit due on Friday October 3rd, 2008
– 40% automatic payment on Monday, November 3rd, 2008
– 40% automatic payment on Wednesday, December 3rd, 2008
– With this payment plan, you'll authorize your payment of any Toronto FC Playoff matches after they're played at BMO Field. You pay as we play.

Not disingenuous at all. That's what I paid. I don't care what someone else paid after me. I got in early. My tickets have gone up 40%. Play on the field has gone up 0%. The service provided to me has gone up 0%. Investment in the team has gone up 0%.
I don't know why people feel the need to defend these assholes, when we all know where this is going.
Best to be like a Liverpool fan and wait until the team starts to really fuck you to get angry though

RPB_Brantford_08

they are giving you the rights to your seats for the playoffs...your not paying for them yet, only when the tickets are available you will pay for them.

GabrielHurl
127 is $320 per seat

Nodoubtguy
08-28-2008, 10:37 AM
Anyone else confused about the playoff thing??

they say they've included the playoffs (game 1 & 2), and that money will be rolled over if they don't qualify, but then it says "– With this payment plan, you'll authorize your payment of any Toronto FC Playoff matches after they're played at BMO Field. You pay as we play"

so does the $560 for 2 seats include the price of 2 playoff rounds or will they be charged later??

Shaughno
Fine. What you paid rose 40% but the cost of the seats did not. They've gone up 16%. I am not arguing that it's right that they've gone up so much but that's the true figure.

Look, early bird or not. When I purchased my tickets I was told they were $200 per seat. That was the cost per seat. Just because they justified forcing people to pay more for the same seats doesn't mean my seats are more expensive than what I paid.

flatpicker
I must correct myself...
the early bird price in year one compared to 2009 price is about 37% increase.

I will agree with you to some degree Shaughno... it is getting close to dangerous levels.

Maple Leaf Red
What's worse is that I've found someone to trade tickets with and the FO is saying "sorry, you both have to go through the relocation process, else you will be jumping the line"
IDIOTS!

This does sound promising for some RPBs:

As has been and continues to be our policy, Toronto FC will only permit season seat subscriptions to be held in the name of one person or entity. Recently, a number of our customers have informed us that, in part due to the policy and in part due to the enthusiasm surrounding our inaugural season, they included in their initial season seat subscription additional tickets which they purchased on behalf of friends and/or family. In recognition of this as we move towards a third season, Toronto FC will be providing existing season seat holders a time-limited one time opportunity to clarify their initial account set-up and re-allocate from their subscription those additional tickets to the family members and/friends on whose behalf they were purchased. The deadline for account re-allocation requests is 5:00pm, October 3, 2008. Please note that this is a one time limited opportunity and consideration will not be given to re-allocation requests received after the October 3rd deadline. Once processed, all re-allocations are irrevocable and binding. To clarify your initial account set-up and re-allocate a portion of your subscription, please contact one of our sales and service representatives at 416-360-GOAL.

Things to consider:

Only the current account holder of record may request a seat re-allocation.
At least one seat must remain in the original account.
After the re-allocation is complete both parties will be issued an updated renewal notice.
Only one individual name per account is accepted.
Only one set of seats can be moved per form, for multiple seats please use multiple forms.
Transactions are irrevocable and binding.
Maybe we could set up a system to pair up members on the waiting list with people that might be giving up some of their tickets and coordinate this kind of swap? the only problem is that it can't be a straight swap. It would have to be someone with, for example, 4 giving up 2 to someone else but keeping a pair.

OneLoveOneEric
they are giving you the rights to your seats for the playoffs...your not paying for them yet, only when the tickets are available you will pay for them.

You are correct. I retract the point :)

nobodybeatsthewiz
08-28-2008, 10:38 AM

HOW?!?!?!?!

its the price they tagged on their beloved HARDCORE supporters....so to then jack us very supporters ISNT disingenuous?!?!

Nodoubtguy
08-28-2008, 10:38 AM

if your not paying for the now....then what does "The money gets rolled over should we not make it" mean??

Shaughno
08-28-2008, 10:39 AM
further to shaughno's point

it DOES matter that we paid $200 for early bird.....because MLSE/TFC does nothing BUT exploit us south-end hardcores - who are the ones that jumped all over the $200 and not $240 price because we're 'crazies' - but then charges us 40% more?!

brutal

Exactly. We're their marketing campaign, we we're their driving force. Now they are fleecing us already. Wait for two years and see how much more it increases.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Not disingenuous at all. That's what I paid. I don't care what someone else paid after me. I got in early. My tickets have gone up 40%. Play on the field has gone up 0%. The service provided to me has gone up 0%. Investment in the team has gone up 0%.
I don't know why people feel the need to defend these assholes, when we all know where this is going.
Best to be like a Liverpool fan and wait until the team starts to really fuck you to get angry though

play on the field has gone up we are better then last season by miles,
investment in the team, Guevara, Ricketts,Barrett, Ruiz, thats a good investment don't youthink?

Maple Leaf Red
08-28-2008, 10:40 AM
Look, early bird or not. When I purchased my tickets I was told they were $200 per seat. That was the cost per seat. Just because they justified forcing people to pay more for the same seats doesn't mean my seats are more expensive than what I paid.
Yes, it does matter. The cost per seat was $240. You got a $40 discount in the first year for buying early. That ticket price was never going to continue. Again, the 16% increase is a lot considering that the team is shit again, hasn't brought in a DP, hasn't made plan for grass, has not developed a competent system for relocation, and any other number of things but you can make that argument without fudging the facts in order to make the increase sound like even more.

Shaughno
08-28-2008, 10:42 AM
if your not paying for the now....then what does "The money gets rolled over should we not make it" mean??

I think that's for if you pay up front.

OneLoveOneEric
08-28-2008, 10:43 AM
Results are just as shitty. Guys who have been brought in to the team have been balanced by guys who have left the team. We still play like shit except for a good run out of the gate. Argue semantics with me if you'd like, but the fact is that we aren't even close to good enough to warrant such a massive increase in ticket price. The league has a cap -- their player costs are fixed. We haven't brought in a DP, so that doesn't matter.
I'm done arguing. Everyone can cozy up to MLSE as much as they want. Rational people will know that they will fuck us one day. I was a Leafs STH. My ass still hurts from it.
So you can wait until you have to yell at them from the outside, or you can let them know know that we aren't fucking cattle.

Shaughno
08-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Yes, it does matter. The cost per seat was $240. You got a $40 discount in the first year for buying early. That ticket price was never going to continue. Again, the 16% increase is a lot considering that the team is shit again, hasn't brought in a DP, hasn't made plan for grass, has not developed a competent system for relocation, and any other number of things but you can make that argument without fudging the facts in order to make the increase sound like even more.

I'm not fudging any facts. I wasn't told I was paying $200 for $240 seats. I was told I was paying $200 for my seats.

OneLoveOneEric
I'm not fudging any facts. I wasn't told I was paying $200 for $240 seats. I was told I was paying $200 for my seats.

Me too.

nobodybeatsthewiz

no it doesnt!!! maple leaf red. how many people in the south end do you REALLY think paid $240?!?! the $200 early birds were GONE so quickly....therefore, the $240 price is moot and a phoney base indicator. seriously, you dont think MLSE thought of this?!

the ACTUAL cost.....the REALIZED cost to south-enders was not $240, but instead $200

like putting wonky prices on 'assets'....lol, kinda like this whole mortgage fukkkup. then can say whatever they want about a seats value....$240, $260, but if the early birds were all eaten up at $200, then $200 is the realized cost to us. end of.

Maple Leaf Red
Stupid Liverpool gibe aside, I am not defending them. I just don't see the need to muddy the waters about the true increase in ticket prices. It is absolutely disingenuous to act as if a one-time early bird price was the true price of those seats just like someone buying my seat at $620 (which I will pay $580 for next year) getting upset next year because the ticket rose in price from $580. That was never the true price of their ticket.

hazy_venus
08-28-2008, 10:45 AM
I'm a little frustrated over renewals

111, 119, 127 are now supposed to be supporters sections, so why are we at the higher price bracket?

I was happy thinking my seasons had actually dropped in price, but then went to my account manager to find an invoice for 320 a seat

They need to reword their messages

Shaughno
I'm done arguing. Everyone can cozy up to MLSE as much as they want. Rational people will know that they will fuck us one day. I was a Leafs STH. My ass still hurts from it.
So you can wait until you have to yell at them from the outside, or you can let them know know that we aren't fucking cattle.

Yup, leave them to do what they want and tell them everything is fine and the increase won't stop, even after you're priced out of your seats.

nobodybeatsthewiz

i know you're not, nor am i or 95% of south-enders im guessing

mike_bouma
08-28-2008, 10:46 AM
A little off topic, but I may have found someone with four seats that may give me the rights to two. (I don't currently have seasons). No problem there is there? He's saying the seats may be relocated this month... can anyone point me to something explaining the relocation rules/process?

Roogsy
There is only one way to do that and that is to not buy the tickets.

What chance is there that any of us will do that?

I am guessing close to 100% renewals. Which means they can and will increase the prices. I am not going to waste my breath railing against the wind. Such is the price we pay for a capitalist society where prices are dictated by suppy and demand. We defend it when it benefits us, but complain when it doesn't.

mclaren
Results are just as shitty. Guys who have been brought in to the team have been balanced by guys who have left the team. We still play like shit except for a good run out of the gate. Argue semantics with me if you'd like, but the fact is that we aren't even close to good enough to warrant such a massive increase in ticket price. The league has a cap -- their player costs are fixed. We haven't brought in a DP, so that doesn't matter.

agreed - our results on the pitch (where it counts) are not dramatically different from last year.

nobodybeatsthewiz
It is absolutely disingenuous to act as if a one-time early bird price was the true price of those seats

FFS!!!!!!!!!! (btw in a liverpool fan) people paid $200, and the seats were all gone - sold out - well before it got to being priced back at $240

H Bomb
08-28-2008, 10:47 AM
investment in the team, Guevara, Ricketts,Barrett, Ruiz, thats a good investment don't youthink?

But that's the same cost against the salary cap. they're pulling a big profit AND sold Maurice to cover a lot of costs for academy/grass(fingers crossed) so why the increase...That's all I want to know, why?

Also you support too many teams. Two English teams? Come on man, :noidea::D

alexintoronto
08-28-2008, 10:47 AM
HELP! The RPB Board has been infiltrated by MLSE Employees!

nobodybeatsthewiz
08-28-2008, 10:48 AM
roogs, im complaining against the protecting and validating of some 'marginal' raise in prices, not entirely the machine itself

Shaughno
There is only one way to do that and that is to not buy the tickets.

What chance is there that any of us will do that?

I am guessing close to 100% renewals. Which means they can and will increase the prices. I am not going to waste my breath railing against the wind. Such is the price we pay for a capitalist society where prices are dictated by suppy and demand. We defend it when it benefits us, but complain when it doesn't.

:rolleyes: So let's let them continue to fleece us for years to come?

What is this? The Maple Leafs executive ticket sales commitee?

Maple Leaf Red

Again, the 16% increase is a lot considering that the team is shit again, hasn't brought in a DP, hasn't made plan for grass, has not developed a competent system for relocation, and any other number of things but you can make that argument without fudging the facts in order to make the increase sound like even more.

I agree with you and Shaugno! Shaugno, if you didn't realize that it was an early bird price then that's a shame because it was clearly sold as such. I read wiz's post and he makes a very good point which I had not thought of so I'll let the matter drop.

Nodoubtguy
I think that's for if you pay up front.

I went through it......no mention of being able to pay for the playoffs up-front.

only mention was

Pay 20% now to renew your 2009 Toronto FC season seats; this also authorizes automatic payments of 40% on November 3, 2008 and 40% on December 3, 2008. This option also authorizes automatic payments for playoff games, following each round.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-28-2008, 10:49 AM
I'm a little frustrated over renewals

111, 119, 127 are now supposed to be supporters sections, so why are we at the higher price bracket?

I was happy thinking my seasons had actually dropped in price, but then went to my account manager to find an invoice for 320 a seat

They need to reword their messages

becasue you have a better pitch view, you can now bring in flags, banners and such like the south end do.

Shaughno
08-28-2008, 10:50 AM
I agree with you and Shaugno! Shaugno, if you didn't realize that it was an early bird price then that's a shame because it was clearly sold as such. I read wiz's post and he makes a very good point which I had not thought of so I'll let the matter drop.

Listen, I put down $50 before they went on sale. Then I was told, to purchase my tickets it would be an additional $150 for one, and $200 for any others I purchased. There was no mention of early bird prices or $240 actual price when I talked to my rep on the phone.

nobodybeatsthewiz
08-28-2008, 10:50 AM

dude, i dont mean to fly off the bars or anything (if so, im still p1ssed with our guys yesterday against liege), just annoyed that mlse can manipulate a perception of a marginal raise to the fans they exploit the most when its not exactly an immaterial hike, cool? :)

RPB_Brantford_08
08-28-2008, 10:51 AM
I went through it......no mention of being able to pay for the playoffs up-front.

only mention was

you will pay for playoff tickets when you buy them not now as part of the renewals, that just saves your seat.

Maple Leaf Red
:rolleyes: So let's let them continue to fleece us for years to come?

What is this? The Maple Leafs executive ticket sales commitee?
Well, it's the same problem as last year. What can we do? I'm asking a legitimate question because I don't see anything short of not buying tickets and that's cutting our nose off to spite our face.

Shaughno

only mention was

You can ALWAYS pay 100% up front. ;)

Shaughno
08-28-2008, 10:52 AM
Well, it's the same problem as last year. What can we do? I'm asking a legitimate question because I don't see anything short of not buying tickets and that's cutting our nose off to spite our face.

Banners, protests, calls to your reps, etc. There are plenty better ways than sitting back and taking it up the ass like many seem content to do.

Maple Leaf Red
08-28-2008, 10:53 AM
Listen, I put down $50 before they went on sale. Then I was told, to purchase my tickets it would be an additional $150 for one, and $200 for any others I purchased. There was no mention of early bird prices or $240 actual price when I talked to my rep on the phone.
Well, that's fucking shady on their part because the marketing collateral that I read had it clearly marked.

ilikemusic
08-28-2008, 10:53 AM
The argument that theyre going up and there is nothing the supporters can do is very disappointing. There is alot the supporters groups can do. You dont have to give up your season tickets just yet, but some form of protest, either silence, arriving late, or something else is better than simply waiting until tickets are too expensive to renew, no?

OneLoveOneEric
08-28-2008, 10:54 AM
^^same reason I don't buy TFC kits and other shit. ML$E gets enough money from me, and I can show up in my "civvies" (cue the fashion police :) )

Maple Leaf Red
dude, i dont mean to fly off the bars or anything (if so, im still p1ssed with our guys yesterday against liege), just annoyed that mlse can manipulate a perception of a marginal raise to the fans they exploit the most when its not exactly an immaterial hike, cool? :)
Uggh, don't even mention that game.

And you actually brought up a good point that I hadn't thought of before. When facts change you change your opinion or you're an idiot.

olegunnar
HELP! The RPB Board has been infiltrated by MLSE Employees!

Yarp

Roogsy
roogs, im complaining against the protecting and validating of some 'marginal' raise in prices, not entirely the machine itself

I hear ya. I just feel like we are preaching to the choir. None of us want to pay more for our tickets. People like me who made good money last year but will make a fraction of it this year, this will hurt a little more than usual. But I will pay, because the option is not to have my tickets and somebody else will gladly snatch them up.

At the end of the day, the real truth is that MLSE and TFC are not giving us better value for our money than they did at the beginning of the first season. This is not a playoff team, concession prices are not cheap and we do not have a DP. So the emotional argument is what are we getting for the 5-20% increase in ticket prices? Nada. Then why are ticket prices going up? Because there are people willing to pay these prices...and in fact, more and TFC knows it. That is a sports fans life in the 21st century unfortunately. We are all getting collectively raped...not just by TFC, but all teams and corporations. Sports today isn't the same as 50 years ago...unfortunately.

Technorgasm

I think its a fair price for what you get. .

I did not get into the south end. .FAR from it - I have been in my seat all of 2x this year. . and its like. . 500+. . - GAY ass buggery.

905shmick
08-28-2008, 10:55 AM

We could do an organized protest where everyone wears black and sits down at the home opener. :rofl:

Shaughno
08-28-2008, 10:55 AM
I didn't read marketing collateral. There was no marketing in Kitchener. I spoke directly to a rep.

hazy_venus
08-28-2008, 10:56 AM
becasue you have a better pitch view, you can now bring in flags, banners and such like the south end do.

That may be true but the face value of the individual tickets has mirrored 112 all season. It did the same thing for season 1 as well.

I'm just saying I'd like to see uniform pricing on renewals since they seem to have no problem with uniform pricing for the individual games

Maple Leaf Red
Banners, protests, calls to your reps, etc. There are plenty better ways than sitting back and taking it up the ass like many seem content to do.
So let's do it. I am not in the south end but I'd help paint banners and I'll call my rep.

Jack? It is another double digit increase.

The biggest thing that pisses me off: how much of this money would it take to make a semi-useful ticket relocation/swapping system? Do it on paper Paul but can you guys at least invest in that?!

Maple Leaf Red
^^same reason I don't buy TFC kits and other shit. ML$E gets enough money from me, and I can show up in my "civvies" (cue the fashion police :) )
Run!!!

nobodybeatsthewiz
08-28-2008, 10:58 AM
At the end of the day, the real truth is that MLSE and TFC are not giving us better value for our money than they did at the beginning of the first season. This is not a playoff team, concession prices are not cheap and we do not have a DP. So the emotional argument is what are we getting for the 5-20% increase in ticket prices? Nada. Then why are ticket prices going up? Because there are people willing to pay these prices...and in fact, more and TFC knows it. That is a sports fans life in the 21st century unfortunately. We are all getting collectively raped...not just by TFC, but all teams and corporations. Sports today isn't the same as 50 years ago...unfortunately.

its sad but true, but we dont have to like it

ilikemusic
08-28-2008, 10:59 AM
So let's do it. I am not in the south end but I'd help paint banners and I'll call my rep.

Jack? It is another double digit increase.

The biggest thing that pisses me off: how much of this money would it take to make a semi-useful ticket relocation/swapping system? Do it on paper Paul but can you guys at least invest in that?!

I think its clear Paul has completely abandoned helping the fans. Its become increasingly obvious that, much like the Leafs, MLSE doesnt see the hardcore fans as neccesary to their business model.

dupont
08-28-2008, 10:59 AM
I guess the thing to do would be to renew the tickets at the increased price but then stop buying any TFC merch and no food or beer at the stadium. That way they will lose more money off that stuff than they make from the ticket increase.
The only thing MLSE understands is money so if they lost money by raising the price then they would see a problem. They would kill your mother for 50 cents. Don't forget it.

Roogsy
08-28-2008, 11:00 AM
How about this to blow your minds?

Some of us paid $100 for our supporters sections seats for the inaugural season.

So what is our increase in that case? Holy crap...I don't even want to think about it.

mclaren
08-28-2008, 11:01 AM
Don't worry guys - I am sure they will spend the extra money wisely. A DP, lower concession prices, cheaper merchandise, and grass.

Shaughno
08-28-2008, 11:01 AM
I think its clear Paul has completely abandoned helping the fans. Its become increasingly obvious that, much like the Leafs, MLSE doesnt see the hardcore fans as neccesary to their business model.

Exactly, they used us when they needed to. Now we're like that one time hooker that got tossed to the wayside. :lol:

nobodybeatsthewiz
08-28-2008, 11:02 AM
How about this to blow your minds?

Some of us paid $100 for our supporters sections seats for the inaugural season.

So what is our increase in that case? Holy crap...I don't even want to think about it.

increase = the same as if you were to order a meal at a zimbabwean restaurant and then look at the price change 30 mins after???? :eek::)

Roogsy
08-28-2008, 11:03 AM
LMAO!

So Mugabe is running TFC!

Be careful all you white people...your land is next!

mclaren
08-28-2008, 11:07 AM
What we need to do is organize a concessions boycott - this will hit them where it hurts.

Maple Leaf Red
08-28-2008, 11:07 AM
We could do an organized protest where everyone wears black and sits down at the home opener. :rofl:
Well, hopefully after the culling the RPB membership will do what they're supposed to be doing and listen to the leadership.

bangersandmash
08-28-2008, 11:09 AM
Not justifying the full increase, but there is an extra regular season game next year (this may have been mentioned earlier -- Seattle), +inflation, +the increased cost of running the facility (anyone checked their gas and electric bills lately?). It sucks, TFC tickets are getting more expensive... so are apples.

Roogsy
08-28-2008, 11:09 AM
What we need to do is organize a concessions boycott - this will hit them where it hurts.

I'd be down for something like this.

At the end of the day...speaking to them in terms of money is the only thing they will understand. But is it the 200 RPBs on game day that will do this or something wider. Because otherwise...it's just a little voice in the middle of a thunderstorm.

boban
08-28-2008, 11:10 AM
We got bonus games last year also.
2 of them as opposed to 4 this year.

flatpicker
08-28-2008, 11:10 AM
Not justifying the full increase, but there is an extra regular season game next year (this may have been mentioned earlier -- Seattle), +inflation, +the increased cost of running the facility (anyone checked their gas and electric bills lately?). It sucks, TFC tickets are getting more expensive... so are apples.

Not the Apples!!!!!

nobodybeatsthewiz
08-28-2008, 11:11 AM

At the end of the day...speaking to them in terms of money is the only thing they will understand. But is it the 200 RPBs on game day that will do this or something wider. Because otherwise...it's just a little voice in the middle of a thunderstorm.

me too, i have absolutely no problem with this or doing this

905shmick
Run!!!

It's ok. After all these price hikes I don't expect anyone to buy an TFC/MLS gear. Heck maybe I'll sell my TFC gear to offset the cost of the tickets :hump:

mclaren

But at least there is something - whether it's small or not. And think how much the supporters group in general spend on game day - must be a fair amount. Big or small, it's still a dent in the profit margin. They're trying to dent our margin, we'll do the same.

boban
08-28-2008, 11:12 AM
Exactly!!
MLSE is getting all the money up front.
Total market ploy to get the money. Repackage it all you want, but its more money coming out of our pockets at the end of the day.

905shmick
08-28-2008, 11:13 AM

What's there to organize? Just don't buy anything at BMO. Done and done. You don't need to organize this through a supporters group.

JonO
08-28-2008, 11:13 AM
Does anyone remember (or have a link) to the pricing for last year? All sections preferably

mclaren
08-28-2008, 11:14 AM
What's there to organize? Just don't buy anything at BMO. Done and done. You don't need to organize this through a supporters group.

Organize = Communicate the message

flatpicker
08-28-2008, 11:15 AM
I'll admit I am disappointed with this increase (now that I have re-read my figures)
If we are forced to accept this price for next year then they better spend every dime possible next season... and spend it wisely!!

but now I must force myself away from the computer... When I check back... I expect all of you to have come up with a realistic plan to get us all 50% discounts on 2009 prices!

mclaren
08-28-2008, 11:17 AM
How do our prices now compare with other MLS clubs?

ilikemusic
08-28-2008, 11:19 AM
How do our prices now compare with other MLS clubs?

:hide:

Last I compared was at the start of last season and our tickets were universally more expensive.

boban
08-28-2008, 11:24 AM
They spent $2m on players last year.
they spent $2M on players this year.
Actually the league paid for thier salaries out of the sales of seats at the stadium.
Get real. This is rape in the making. Nothing else.

Roogsy
And I don't imagine most of the MLS clubs were hiking their prices much if at all.

Shoot...half of them give the darn things away!

TFC Tifoso

dude, not to be a dick, but people couldn't even put on a black shirt and shut up for 90 minutes at the ASG....now you want to take the precious beer away from them?!......madness.....

Shaughno
08-28-2008, 11:28 AM

Especially when you already don't buy concessions.

Maple Leaf Red
08-28-2008, 11:28 AM
dude, not to be a dick, but people couldn't even put on a black shirt and shut up for 90 minutes at the ASG....now you want to take the precious beer away from them?!......madness.....
Maybe but the RPBs at the game should be able to do so in order to make a point about ticket prices.

Just because most people are too self-centred and self-obsessed to give something up as precious as beer in order to serve the greater good doesn't mean that RPBs (and ideally the members of all SGs) can't do it.

flatpicker
08-28-2008, 11:29 AM
ok... one more comment before I go...

boycott is tough to do and we would be a small drop in the bucket.

something more visual is needed...
perhaps a big banner that says something like "MLSE - Justify Your Prices!"

Steve
08-28-2008, 11:30 AM
But that's the same cost against the salary cap. they're pulling a big profit AND sold Maurice to cover a lot of costs for academy/grass(fingers crossed) so why the increase...That's all I want to know, why?

Also you support too many teams. Two English teams? Come on man, :noidea::D

Profit (though I must admit I don't say that word with nearly the venom most people here seem to).

TFC Tifoso
08-28-2008, 11:30 AM
Maybe but the RPBs at the game should be able to do so in order to make a point about ticket prices.

Just because most people are too self-centred and self-obsessed to give something up as precious as beer in order to serve the greater good doesn't mean that RPBs (and ideally the members of all SGs) can't do it.

If you think so.....

Frick
08-28-2008, 11:32 AM

You're kidding right?

Paul helps out the supporters all the time. Just because you might not see the things he and his staff do, doesn't mean they aren't helping the fans.

In regards to the price increase, it sucks, but I'm not surprised.

And Shaughno is right with what he's been saying. The South End was never part of the early bird pricing. The South End seats were always $200 for the first year, with the exception of the add a South End seat to your other seats for $100 promotion.

Fort York Redcoat
08-28-2008, 11:32 AM
This package disappoints me from the aspect that they continue to devalue 10 home games by calling them regular and 5 are over hyped as premium. I don't care to breakdown game by game what games were better value (Becks MIA) but I believe it's a poor (and yes, I know, common in NA) marketing ploy to get people in the doors for cheaper for less popular teams but c'mon! I think we know there's only one game a year they can warrant (or try to) to gouge the people for supposed higher value ( not quality ).

Also devalued in my opinion is the inclusion of the Canada cup and Champions league games. These should be seperate sales with STH first in line. Throw as many useless friendlies in as desired but as stated previously- make it preseason so as not to wear out the team.

:rant:

H Bomb
08-28-2008, 11:37 AM
Profit (though I must admit I don't say that word with nearly the venom most people here seem to).

One of my least favourite words.:mad::D

But the truth is I want to hear this from them. I'm not gonna call my Rep about it because they'll politic me. Come on Paul, you're on here somewhere. Post us a thread with some info...with info we can assess the situation for exactly what it is and avoid conjecture. I can't promise we wont still be pissed, but at least we'll have the facts.

And the concessions boycott would hurt the people who have 2 tickets but don't ask for money when they give friends their extra tickets and appreciate being given a beer as a mutual trade/sign of thanks...whoever those people may be ;)

Parkdale
08-28-2008, 11:41 AM

sorry if this is late, but wasn't the $200 the 'early bird' price, and not the regular price?

** edit: never mind. I just found the info.

Steve
08-28-2008, 11:42 AM
One of my least favourite words.:mad::D

But the truth is I want to hear this from them. I'm not gonna call my Rep about it because they'll politic me. Come on Paul, you're on here somewhere. Post us a thread with some info...with info we can assess the situation for exactly what it is and avoid conjecture. I can't promise we wont still be pissed, but at least we'll have the facts.

And the concessions boycott would hurt the people who have 2 tickets but don't ask for money when they give friends their extra tickets and appreciate being given a beer as a mutual trade/sign of thanks...whoever those people may be ;)

I don't know, I'm sure if you sold your house for a tidy "profit" you wouldn't be so against the word ;).

And as for them saying it, as sad as it sounds, they can't. I'd much rather live in a society where a company can justify price increases as "market corrections" instead of one where a company is pretty much forced to stretch the truth to prevent outrage. I would love MLSE to say "With 16,000 season's ticket holders, and 7,000 on the waiting list, we believe that the price point has been too low, therefor we are raising it to bring it into line with market forces". Again, they won't, because if this thread is any indication, a mob would be on the way to burn down their headquarters the second they did that.

Parkdale
08-28-2008, 11:45 AM
here is the original seating chart (from the 2007 season).

anyone have the 2008 for comparison?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/mike24k/bmo_field/seating_chart.jpg

Oldtimer
08-28-2008, 11:48 AM
We all knew it was going up (and probably more than inflation).

I would be all right with this IF:

(1) The salary cap was raised

OR (2) Toronto got a DP.

It's time to reinvest, and not just the moolah from selling Edu.

H Bomb
08-28-2008, 11:49 AM
I don't know, I'm sure if you sold your house for a tidy "profit" you wouldn't be so against the word ;).

And as for them saying it, as sad as it sounds, they can't. I'd much rather live in a society where a company can justify price increases as "market corrections" instead of one where a company is pretty much forced to stretch the truth to prevent outrage. I would love MLSE to say "With 16,000 season's ticket holders, and 7,000 on the waiting list, we believe that the price point has been too low, therefor we are raising it to bring it into line with market forces". Again, they won't, because if this thread is any indication, a mob would be on the way to burn down their headquarters the second they did that.

The mob is forming my friend, if they need to lie about their own bad behavior in order to not make us angry, that means we have a reason to be angry. I just can't handle being politicked...and I still hate the word! ;)

Chewy Unikronik
08-28-2008, 11:52 AM
Why am I STILL not getting these bloody emails???????????

Fucking Sympatico and their garbage Hotmail configurations... FUCK.

Steve
08-28-2008, 11:53 AM
The mob is forming my friend, if they need to lie about their own bad behavior in order to not make us angry, that means we have a reason to be angry. I just can't handle being politicked...and I still hate the word! ;)

Sometimes I get the feeling that people just love mobs. Nothing wakes you up in the morning like a little righteous activism!

And we disagree on the "bad behavior" part. I think seeking profit is perfectly natural. Were the family that hid Anne Frank lying to conceal their "bad behavior" (oh shit, yes I did, GODWIN'S LAW HAS BEEN INVOKED).

Anyway, I won't get too much into the philosophical reasoning behind my opinion. Let's just say we disagree, and have fun on your riot :).

Oblio2
Haven't read the whole thread but why the anger. We knew tickets were going up...mine went form (I think) $280 to $320. Plus, Now Section 110 (light greys) are Supporters section! Plus, Im happy the canadian Cup tix are included!

Sonny Cheeba
Why am I STILL not getting these bloody emails???????????

Fucking Sympatico and their garbage Hotmail configurations... FUCK.

because you're fuckin gangster. your seat has your name written in gold on it with diamonds encrusted.

MG42
08-28-2008, 11:54 AM
Sometimes I get the feeling that people just love mobs...

http://www.calendarlive.com/media/photo/2007-07/31457480.jpg

Oblio2
08-28-2008, 11:55 AM
because you're fuckin gangster. your seat has your name written in gold on it with diamonds encrusted.

it's true, Ive seen it.:hump:

Ossington Mental Youth
Not worked up about the increase, its still feasible.
I do not however enjoy (as someone else said) the fact that they are differentiating between premium games and regular games. That shit is nonsense. They are all home games. Sell that shit to the suckers that buy individual tickets, not the season ticket holders.

Sonny Cheeba
This does sound promising for some RPBs:

As has been and continues to be our policy, Toronto FC will only permit season seat subscriptions to be held in the name of one person or entity. Recently, a number of our customers have informed us that, in part due to the policy and in part due to the enthusiasm surrounding our inaugural season, they included in their initial season seat subscription additional tickets which they purchased on behalf of friends and/or family. In recognition of this as we move towards a third season, Toronto FC will be providing existing season seat holders a time-limited one time opportunity to clarify their initial account set-up and re-allocate from their subscription those additional tickets to the family members and/friends on whose behalf they were purchased. The deadline for account re-allocation requests is 5:00pm, October 3, 2008. Please note that this is a one time limited opportunity and consideration will not be given to re-allocation requests received after the October 3rd deadline. Once processed, all re-allocations are irrevocable and binding. To clarify your initial account set-up and re-allocate a portion of your subscription, please contact one of our sales and service representatives at 416-360-GOAL.

Things to consider:

Only the current account holder of record may request a seat re-allocation.
At least one seat must remain in the original account.
After the re-allocation is complete both parties will be issued an updated renewal notice.
Only one individual name per account is accepted.
Only one set of seats can be moved per form, for multiple seats please use multiple forms.
Transactions are irrevocable and binding.
Maybe we could set up a system to pair up members on the waiting list with people that might be giving up some of their tickets and coordinate this kind of swap? the only problem is that it can't be a straight swap. It would have to be someone with, for example, 4 giving up 2 to someone else but keeping a pair.

anyone else read this?????? HOOK ME UP!

pleeeeease.

Parkdale
here's a thought...

There's no extra 'all-star' ticket to buy. Will the total work out to be about the same with that one big item removed?

anyone in the non-club reds know the price?

Oblio2
08-28-2008, 11:57 AM
Not worked up about the increase, its still feasible.
I do not however enjoy (as someone else said) the fact that they are differentiating between premium games and regular games. That shit is nonsense. They are all home games. Sell that shit to the suckers that buy individual tickets, not the season ticket holders.

Oh.
But they do that in the EPL.
When Spurs play Man U, Chelsea, Arse....It's premium.
Anyway, whats the differnce...they could call them all regular games and keep the increase the same. Is it not just semantics?
Are people not getting worked up over the word "premium"?
makes no diff. really.

H Bomb
08-28-2008, 11:58 AM
Sometimes I get the feeling that people just love mobs. Nothing wakes you up in the morning like a little righteous activism!

And we disagree on the "bad behavior" part. I think seeking profit is perfectly natural. Were the family that hid Anne Frank lying to conceal their "bad behavior" (oh shit, yes I did, GODWIN'S LAW HAS BEEN INVOKED).

Anyway, I won't get too much into the philosophical reasoning behind my opinion. Let's just say we disagree, and have fun on your riot :).

Don't worry dude, I'm not a rioter. We do disagree on making profit being perfectly natural but that's just a disagreement, so no worries there. Although the analogy is a little off, The family didn't have bad behavior...I've had to quote this twice this week :D "One who breaks an unjust law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for law." Marty King Jr...But Anne Frank is off topic so I'll leave it be ;)...

Chewy Unikronik

It's the only way I can find my seat sometimes

adamdz
Hey parky is the one on the website the new pricing? (says 2008 http://web.mlsnet.com/t280/imgs/stadium/2008/seating_chart_prices.gif).

PS - anyone feel this injustice is too much for them, I need a seat :D.

SteeltownBhoy
200.00 dollars in 2007
297.00 dollar in 2009
Section 115

I think thats a good indication that MLSE is getting to my wallet through my ass!!!!!!!!!!!

Steve
08-28-2008, 12:01 PM
Don't worry dude, I'm not a rioter. We do disagree on making profit being perfectly natural but that's just a disagreement, so no worries there. Although the analogy is a little off, The family didn't have bad behavior...I've had to quote this twice this week :D "One who breaks an unjust law that conscience tells him is unjust, and who willingly accepts the penalty of imprisonment in order to arouse the conscience of the community over its injustice, is in reality expressing the highest respect for law." Marty King Jr...But Anne Frank is off topic so I'll leave it be ;)...

Haha, don't worry about the analogy being apt, I only used it because I was afraid of getting kicked off the internet if I didn't mention inane shit about nazis in more threads.

Parkdale
08-28-2008, 12:03 PM
Hey parky is the one on the website the new pricing? (says 2008 http://web.mlsnet.com/t280/imgs/stadium/2008/seating_chart_prices.gif)

http://web.mlsnet.com/t280/imgs/stadium/2008/seating_chart_prices.gif

^ that's what we are all currently paying in 2008 (all-star ticket not included)

Oblio2
08-28-2008, 12:03 PM
200.00 dollars in 2007
297.00 dollar in 2009
Section 115

I think thats a good indication that MLSE is getting to my wallet through my ass!!!!!!!!!!!

1st season 240 (w/early bid)
2nd season 280 (w/ASG ticket)
next season 320 (canada Cup Tickets)

Sec 110, light Grey

wzhxvy
08-28-2008, 12:07 PM
I think this thread is filled with a bunch of whiners. At $280 a seat, I dare anyone to say that they are not getting that value, or you would be able to spend your entertainment dollars for that many events anywhere else in Toronto. If you are that broke that $280 is going to put you over the edge, then you are not meant to have seats, and should be watching it on TV.

My issue is where is MLSE going to invest this money as others have said. Where is our DP and grass ? And I dont want to hear it from the two bobble heads Mo and Carver, I want it from the team executive. When is this happening ? and where is the Edu money going because if its not spent this year, its gone, so enough of the BS and lets hear some commitments.

GabrielHurl
08-28-2008, 12:07 PM
As a point of interest I asked one of my friends in Manchester about his season tickets with United.

This is what he pays

00/01- £361
01/02- £380 (+5.26% - inflation in 2000 2.96%)
02/03- £399 (+5.00% - inflation in 2001 1.76%)
03/04- £418 (+4.76% - inflation in 2002 1.67%)
04/05- £427.50 (+2.27% - inflation in 2003 2.89%)
05/06- £494 (+15.56% - inflation in 2004 2.98%)
06/07- £570 (+15.38% - inflation in 2005 2.84%)
07/08- £627* (+10.00% (+27%, really) - inflation in 2006 3.17%)

denime
08-28-2008, 12:09 PM

^ that's what we are all currently paying in 2008 (all-star ticket not included)

And 2009 will be like this:

http://i37.tinypic.com/jaj0u8.jpg

rocker
my tickets didn't go up at all :)
same price as last year (855 per seat) except for the additional game (CCL), which adds $25 per seat to the equation.

nice :)

Parkdale
I think this thread is filled with a bunch of whiners. At $280 a seat, I dare anyone to say that they are not getting that value, or you would be able to spend your entertainment dollars for that many events anywhere else in Toronto. If you are that broke that $280 is going to put you over the edge, then you are not meant to have seats, and should be watching it on TV.

not all of us sit in 112.
It's one thing to complain about a $40 increase, but mine went up $100 from 2007 to 2008 (more if you count the early-bird discount) and they stand to go up that much again this year. I agree that anything under $300 is still a killer value for sports in this city, but we're not all paying that.

Parkdale
08-28-2008, 12:13 PM
thanks for the chart denime

yep.... regular price has gone up another $100 this year.

including the early bird deal, my seats have gone up $300 since I first bought them

kelzag
08-28-2008, 12:17 PM
thanks for the chart denime

yep.... regular price has gone up another $100 this year.

including the early bird deal, my seats have gone up $300 since I first bought them

Yup, here too x 2 seats unfortunately. Christmas will be cancelled again this year.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-28-2008, 12:19 PM

My issue is where is MLSE going to invest this money as others have said. Where is our DP and grass ? And I dont want to hear it from the two bobble heads Mo and Carver, I want it from the team executive. When is this happening ? and where is the Edu money going because if its not spent this year, its gone, so enough of the BS and lets hear some commitments.

its good value for the money..the 13.00 dollars extra won;t kill me yet.
But the DP will no dobut add to tickets prices for 2010 if we get one next year...grass you do you think will end up paying for that? ticket holders
of course.

Nodoubtguy
08-28-2008, 12:20 PM
So 115 went down in price???
$285 to $280?? and on top of that $285 I paid for the ASG....

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-28-2008, 12:21 PM
I’m a little confused. I’ve scanned this thread for info., but I’m a little unclear on how many games are in the package for next season?

Afra
08-28-2008, 12:21 PM
As long as there is a waiting list, they are going to raise prices and leave everything on the field the same. Just like the Leafs. Real fans got in early and created an atmosphere that the golf clapping armanis and soccer moms want to experience and they are willing to pay. 5 years from now, it will take me all year to pay off my tickets to watch the team finish up the same as this year. The only difference is that it will be as lively as Jays game.

rocker
08-28-2008, 12:22 PM
As long as there is a waiting list, they are going to raise prices

they didn't raise prices in my section. :) :) :)

So given the cost of living going up, my tickets went down :)

nfitz
08-28-2008, 12:23 PM
I'm surprised to see so many whining - perhaps you could transfer some of your extra season tickets to me - looks a lot cheaper than buying singles off ticketmaster!

Nodoubtguy
08-28-2008, 12:23 PM
I’m a little confused. I’ve scanned this thread for info., but I’m a little unclear on how many games are in the package for next season?

15 MLS + 2 Canadian championship + 1 Friendly + 1 concacaf CL (if we quailfy)

so it's either 18 or 19

Afra
08-28-2008, 12:25 PM
they didn't raise prices in my section. :) :) :)

So given the cost of living going up, my tickets went down :)

Just wait. . .

Captain Croatia
08-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Does this mean the waiting list will get their chance to get Season's Tickets?:willy_nilly::drool5:

Stouffville_RPB
08-28-2008, 12:26 PM
If anyone is not wanting to renew pm me. I may be willing to take them off your hands.

Sonny Cheeba
so really..... who's gonna hook me up next year?

i'm guessing nobody. :(

rocker
remember the prices above include that CONCACAF 1st game (19th game)... so for example, in my section that game is $25 per seat. If they don't win the Canadian championship, you get that back. So to compare prices from last year, you need to remove that amount and see what the base (18 game) amount is.

Nodoubtguy
08-28-2008, 12:27 PM
Does this mean the waiting list will get their chance to get Season's Tickets?:willy_nilly::drool5:

I doubt it...as much as people complain, they will renew

wzhxvy
08-28-2008, 12:28 PM
Afra, I agree...if the atmosphere becomes a Jays/leafs atmosphere that will kill it for me. I wait all week to go nuts and dont want the "theatre" crowd to ruin it for me !!!

Shaughno
08-28-2008, 12:28 PM

Not 100% true, I paid $285 including the all star ticket I do believe.

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-28-2008, 12:29 PM
15 MLS + 2 Canadian championship + 1 Friendly + 1 concacaf CL (if we quailfy)

so it's either 18 or 19

Thanks. :)

Jeffro
I tried to get Neil Young tickets at the ACC and 1 single seat was going to cost me $275 including all ticketmaster charges. I'm pretty happy with my $280 for an entire season of football. Anyone who didn't think the price would increase every year is just plain foolish.

In Regards to the protest talk.... if you want to have an impact, organize everyone to not renew, that'd show 'em

Captain Croatia
I doubt it...as much as people complain, they will renew

Stop renewing:banghead:

rocker
08-28-2008, 12:30 PM
my allstar ticket was not included last year. that was additional.

Parkdale
08-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Not 100% true, I paid $285 including the all star ticket I do believe.

right, they didn't list the all-star ticket. Otherwise, it's accurate.

Nodoubtguy
08-28-2008, 12:34 PM
I tried to get Neil Young tickets at the ACC and 1 single seat was going to cost me $275 including all ticketmaster charges. I'm pretty happy with my $280 for an entire season of football. Anyone who didn't think the price would increase every year is just plain foolish.

In Regards to the protest talk.... if you want to have an impact, organize everyone to not renew, that'd show 'em

yeah, I paid $230 for two tickets to Coldplay, so $280 for 18 games sounds great to me. Thats $15.55 a game....how much is one of the large beers at BMO?? Skip 1 beer per game and you've almost paid for you tickets......

OneLoveOneEric
08-28-2008, 12:34 PM
People are totally missing the point by quoting the price. The point isn't the price -- it's the rate of increase. Of course I expect ticket prices to go up ever year. But 40% in 2 years? that's obscene.

rocker
08-28-2008, 12:35 PM
question: if the 19th game is $15 for the yellow zone, doesn't that mean this year's renewal rate is actually $20 less than the price of supporters seats last year (7% reduction??) -- if TFC doesn't win the CC?

Forgetting any early bird specials, last year the price was 285 for 18 games. This year it's 280 for 19 games.

Shaughno
08-28-2008, 12:36 PM
my allstar ticket was not included last year. that was additional.

Incorrect, you had to 'opt out' if you didn't want the ASG ticket which would have brought your price down. I'm 99.9% sure of this as I spoke to my rep about it last year.

Afra
08-28-2008, 12:37 PM
Afra, I agree...if the atmosphere becomes a Jays/leafs atmosphere that will kill it for me. I wait all week to go nuts and dont want the "theatre" crowd to ruin it for me !!!

Just look at the Leasfs as an example. The only ones who can afford the best seats (or just about any of them) are people all dressed up and unwilling to stand and shout lest they spill their beer on their suit. As long as there is a strong following for TFC, they will run it exactly as they do the Leafs. They make money doing it that way. Why spend more for the crowd if someone is still going to pay? They can use that money to build condos.

Overall, it is a good deal - this year. Just get used to the direction that it is going in. As long as the novelty dosen't wear off for most of the STH's or there are ones to replace them, we will be having these threads every year.

Shaughno

You have completely missed the point. Thanks for playing.

It's not the price, it's the rate it's increasing by. 40% in two years is fucking ludacris.

Parkdale
Incorrect, you had to 'opt out' if you didn't want the ASG ticket which would have brought your price down. I'm 99.9% sure of this as I spoke to my rep about it last year.

the reps explained that the ASG was included in the price, and it would be lower without it. That chart I posted is the season price, without the ASG. 100% accurate.

rocker
08-28-2008, 12:39 PM

nope, my invoice (which I can send you for proof) lists 1710 as my total price for two seats PLUS an additional fee for the allstar game. the total price ended up being just under 2000 for 18 games plus the allstar game.

Maybe it was different in your section.

Shaughno
08-28-2008, 12:40 PM
Then why did I pay exactly the amount shown plus service fee, including the ASG parky?

Frick
08-28-2008, 12:49 PM
Then why did I pay exactly the amount shown plus service fee, including the ASG parky?

The price shown is for new season seats.

You would have paid the renewal rate which would have been cheaper.

rocker
08-28-2008, 12:49 PM
what does your invoice look like? this was mine for this season, with the season ticket price separate from the all star game price. it wasn't included for me.

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c141/PhJD/tfcinvoice.jpg

alexintoronto
08-28-2008, 12:56 PM
what does your invoice look like? this was mine for this season, with the season ticket price separate from the all star game price. it wasn't included for me.

I think there's something wrong with your printer.

:yum:

rocker
08-28-2008, 12:57 PM
I think there's something wrong with your printer.

:yum:

had to do that so boban or giambac don't come by and stab me in the back ;)

JonO
08-28-2008, 12:58 PM
Lets stop for a second and think. The cost has gone up but we are getting more games.

If I read correctly, the package includes the 2 CCL qualifying games the next CCL leg (refundable)

So assume a straight swap - 2 CCL qualifying with 1 friendly (even though I think it is better).

Now assume that we don't qualify again and you get the refund (which I believe Paul has estimated at a value of $15), this brings the package down to $265.

So for an apples to apples comparison, the real increase is to $265.

While I'd love tickets to stay the same price year in and year out, it is really hard to make a year to year comparison with last year because the package has changed.

Considering that I had to pay extra for the CCL games last year and I don't care about the friendlies, this year will actually cost me less for my tickets...

I'm not justifying anything (The incremental cost in my tickets would almost buy a season ticket in the south end), I'm just saying is all....

Let's stop and think this through a bit further.

joel
08-28-2008, 12:59 PM
My seats didn't change in price at all.. w00t!

nobodybeatsthewiz
08-28-2008, 01:01 PM

your name is Moe Lester???
you should've blocked all of it out :p

rocker
08-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Considering that I had to pay extra for the CCL games last year and I don't care about the friendlies, this year will actually cost me less for my tickets...

good point. i forgot I bought those too. btw, I was wrong in my game numbers.. we had 17 games this year (not including ASG) and i calculated at 18... but next year we get 18 guaranteed and have the possibility of 19.

Frick
08-28-2008, 01:04 PM
Here's what Paul said on the U-Sector board in relation to Supporter Section seats pricing

in year 2 the offering was 15 mls games plus 2 friendlies (which we charge Season seat holders 2X the MLS price) so 19 "vouchers".

in year 1 it was $10
in year 2 it was $12
in year 3 it is $14.
same overall rate of increase. just pointing out that last season had 19 "units" or "vouchers" and 2007 and 2008 have 19.

We are billing for 20 - but one is applies to a game that we need to qualify for.

rocker
08-28-2008, 01:07 PM
i always hated math....

OneLoveOneEric
08-28-2008, 01:07 PM
^^^still a 40% increase from year one then.

Strikers
08-28-2008, 01:08 PM
I like the fact that they added the Canadian Championship games and the 1 CL game.

This year many people on the boards wanted the Canadian Championship games as
part of season tickets. Now we have them included and do not have to pay extra like we did for this years games. I think MLSE did a great job in that aspect.

As for the percentage increase per year it is disappointing but not unexpected.
The thing is that even though some might think the percentage is high we still have
great value for what we are getting.

Dbl_D
08-28-2008, 01:09 PM

why are you guys crying mine have gone up the cost of yours... I'll buy yours if you don't want them... :hump:

Jeffro
08-28-2008, 01:11 PM
You have completely missed the point. Thanks for playing.

It's not the price, it's the rate it's increasing by. 40% in two years is fucking ludacris.

Well mine didn't go up by 40%, but whatever.... I'm with you guys!

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!! WE NEED A PROTEST!!!

ps did you see the seating chart that parkdale posted that said "early bird pricing"? I remember that from when I was choosing my seats in the first place, I guess it's not your fault that you didn't notice...

Strikers
08-28-2008, 01:15 PM
I just noticed this in the new season ticket holder section of the webpage.

Maybe some of you can send in your comments and see if you get a response.

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/tickets/ssh/feedback/

Canadian Blue
08-28-2008, 01:18 PM
As a true blue I hate to say this but I agree 100% with Shaughno and OneLoneOneEric.

40% increase over 2 years for nothing.......sure the average skill of our players may have increased but the results are still shite. And our beloved often injured striker Danny Dichio is still the teams top score after playing roughly half the games....

With this all being said I will renew for 2009 but if the trend continues I may watch the 2010 season from the comfort of my own home.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-28-2008, 01:20 PM
I like the fact that they added the Canadian Championship games and the 1 CL game.

This year many people on the boards wanted the Canadian Championship games as
part of season tickets. Now we have them included and do not have to pay extra like we did for this years games. I think MLSE did a great job in that aspect.

As for the percentage increase per year it is disappointing but not unexpected.
The thing is that even though some might think the percentage is high we still have
great value for what we are getting.

its what we wanted and got TFC was good on that aspect and with luck we will win the Canadian championship next season the the ticket for the CCL will be of some use..if not refund. Donr forget Seattle in entering the league next year so there was going to be an increase anyways.

rocker
08-28-2008, 01:21 PM
more accurately, it's 40% over 3 full seasons, not 2 years, in certain sections.

to be fair, a quick glance seems to suggest that the light red seats went down in price, the dark red went up a little, dark grey and light grey stayed the same.

I hope people don't start stating the 40% increase number across the whole stadium as a fact or something.

pdelgadinho
08-28-2008, 01:21 PM
Well mine didn't go up by 40%, but whatever.... I'm with you guys!

THE SKY IS FALLING!!!!!! WE NEED A PROTEST!!!

ps did you see the seating chart that parkdale posted that said "early bird pricing"? I remember that from when I was choosing my seats in the first place, I guess it's not your fault that you didn't notice...

What is the obsession with the "early bird" pricing!?!? The point is, that is the price everyone paid. If you want to insist on using the "regular" price from last season in your calculations then for next season price should you not use the "new season seat" price instead of the "renewal" price?

rocker
08-28-2008, 01:26 PM
What is the obsession with the "early bird" pricing!?!? The point is, that is the price everyone paid. If you want to insist on using the "regular" price from last season in your calculations then for next season price should you not use the "new season seat" price instead of the "renewal" price?

early bird pricing usually means you get a discount for that season to entice you to buy early. that means there's a set, regular price for season tickets and you get a discount if you buy before a certain date. Buying after that date, the price goes up for that season.

nobody ever said early bird pricing extends forever. this is generally accepted, right?

Parkdale
08-28-2008, 01:34 PM
nobody ever said early bird pricing extends forever. this is generally accepted, right?

totally, but the renewal price for my seats last year was higher than the regular pricing of 2007. I would have been happy if they just dropped the early bird pricing and kept the standard rate the same (which still would have been an extra $100 from my pocket to theirs).

If it eventually gets so expensive that I don't feel it's worth it, I'll split my tickets with a friend. You can't just give up good seats, but if you cant afford the whole season, then there are other ways to reduce the costs.

Shaughno
08-28-2008, 01:35 PM
why are you guys crying mine have gone up the cost of yours... I'll buy yours if you don't want them... :hump:

Again missing the point. It's not the price it's the rate of increase.

denime
08-28-2008, 01:36 PM
Someone has to pay for practice facility and grass,right?

As for $285 price,I think that is not renewal price that is new season seat price + $24 for ASG.
Renewal price for 2008 in Sec.115 was $245 +$24 for ASG.

2008 $270 for 18 games = $15 per game ;
2009 $280 for 19 games = $14.75 per game; or $15.55 per game without CCL.

Don't calculate percentage for whole season ,go per game and you will see the difference.

Nodoubtguy
08-28-2008, 01:40 PM
Someone has to pay for practice facility and grass,right?
As for $285 price,I think that is not renewal price that is first time buyer price.
Renewal price for 2008 in Sec.115 was $245 +$24 for ALG.

2008 $270 for 18 games = $15 per game ;
2009 $280 for 19 games = $14.75 per game; or $15.55 pwr game without CCL.

Don't calculate percentage for whole season ,go per game and you will see the difference.

Thank you....I did these calculations before, so I know it wasn't bad at all....it's a 3.6% increase per each game ticket if they don't make the CCL.

EDIT: and if they don't make the CCL, then we get a refund (say $15) so it's $265, thats only $14.72 a game, so actually cheaper then the 18 games we had last year.

giambac
08-28-2008, 01:42 PM
another hike this yr?!

20% hike.

All you guys who said MLSE wasn't in it strictly for the money. What do you think now?

Prices have gone up, product has gone down.

Wagner
08-28-2008, 01:44 PM

why are people missing this point???

2007 = $200
2009 = $280
2011 = $392
2013 = $549

you can see where this is headed.
the beloved atmosphere....maybe go the way of the DoDo.

Look at the advertising...it's based on us...
this is short sighted.
i'm sure it's tough not to squeeze us for all we're worth....

ChrisLav

This wasn't totally accurate those prices were for a new season ticket, which was more expensive than renewals. I have the brochure from last year on the renewals.

Club $1,463 + $300 Club Fee
Red $1,102
D.Gray $798
M.Gray $513
L.Gray $266
Yellow $228

denime
3.6% and what is inflation rate,and inflation rate 2007/08 is 3.39%.
WOW MLSE is making the whole 0.021% on us.I can live with that.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-28-2008, 01:45 PM
20% hike.

All you guys who said MLSE wasn't in it strictly for the money. What do you think now?

Prices have gone up, product has gone down.

How can you say the product has gone done..were doing way better
then last year we are in a playoff hunt , slight as it is, the team play
as been good, not excellent.

pdelgadinho
early bird pricing usually means you get a discount for that season to entice you to buy early. that means there's a set, regular price for season tickets and you get a discount if you buy before a certain date. Buying after that date, the price goes up for that season.

I would totally agree with that description. Just like the renewal price is a discount for already being a season ticket holder and the "set regular price" would be the "new season seat" price.

My argument is just that you can't have it both ways. You can't say for the first season don't use what you paid because that was just an early bird price, you have to use the regular price. And then for the other seasons say don't use the new season seat price, use the renewal price because that's what you paid.

Dbl_D

hahah, i understood... but just saying the $ rate of increase on mine is equiv to your overall price... ;) but I'll still buy yours .. haha

ps... supply / demand... there will be a time where the price increase will not equal your perceived value or the product; then I can buy your tickets...

Nodoubtguy
08-28-2008, 01:47 PM

2007 = $200
2009 = $280
2011 = $392
2013 = $549

this is short sighted.

I know I paid $200 for 2007, but I knew that was a special "book-early" price.

Wagner
08-28-2008, 01:47 PM
let's not forget the new Kits that are coming out in time for Xmas.
and there is that rumoured pink kit.

Dec 2006 - who remembers talking about early bird pricing and $5 beers??

Wagner
08-28-2008, 01:52 PM
I know I paid $200 for 2007, but I knew that was a special "book-early" price.

I knew it was a special intro price.
but look at the rate it's climbing...
and they made money in 2007 at the $200 tix in the south end.

I wish they had taken the Sprite Zone approach.
I remember back in High School, we had some ticket rep from the Raps come to our business class....1997?? he said they basically make nothing off the sprite zone...but jack up the courtside and gouge the Prawnies.
why can't we do the same...
the crowd in the south is part of the selling of the atmosphere....
if we are replaced by sitters and soccer moms....people won't want to bring clients to the game...as they will then just be attending an average MLS game....

I put a lot into TFC, whether it is helping with the season opener in c-bus, giving kids streamers in 116, printing song sheets...etc....I'm not looking to be compensated for this stuff...but i don't want to be gouged either.

BC101
08-28-2008, 01:52 PM
I saw a lady wearing the pink one the other day.. disgustin....

Anyways if prices go up as far as 500$ then i'll simply become a road tripper as was stated in the thread about the American running ball lines. Esp with on field quality being what it is...

giambac
08-28-2008, 01:53 PM
they were 267 this season they went up 13.00 for Seattle coimng in next year.

My supporters section went up from $171 in the current year to $280 for next year.. That is an increase of $109 or 64%

This year we got 15 regular season games + 2 internationals.

Next year it will be 15 regualr season games + 1 international +2 CC games. So you are getting 1 extra game for a $109 increase.

My dark grey seats are going up from $798 this year to $880 next year . This is a $82 increase or 10% increase.

The supoorter section seats are taking a bigger hit which i think is fair given that they were paying next to nothing for their seats.

nfitz
08-28-2008, 01:53 PM
Thank you....I did these calculations before, so I know it wasn't bad at all....it's a 3.6% increase per each game ticket if they don't make the CCL.Comparing ticket prices to the first season really isn't relevant any more. That was last year's whining session.

The question is, what is the increase this year. And it sounds like it is 3.6% - which is just about what the inflation rate published the other day is. And if they make the Champion's League, it will actually be a decrease.

Seems like a pretty fair deal to me. And I'll quite gladly take these tickets off your hands!

RPB_Brantford_08
08-28-2008, 01:54 PM
let's not forget the new Kits that are coming out in time for Xmas.
and there is that rumoured pink kit.

Dec 2006 - who remembers talking about early bird pricing and $5 beers??

New Kits?hmmmm

pdelgadinho
08-28-2008, 01:55 PM
I'm sure most are renewing, so this probably has no impact on anyone, but does anyone else find it a little unfair that you have to renew to secure your seats for the playoffs? If you don't want to renew your seats for 2009 why should that have any impact on your rights to your 2008 seats for the 2008 playoffs!?

denime
08-28-2008, 01:55 PM

2007 = $200
2009 = $280
2011 = $392
2013 = $549

this is short sighted.

I think you guys are missing the point.Forget about the STH price or percentage for ones.

Go how much you pay per game :
2007 17 games = $200 = $11.75
2008 18 games = $270 = $15.00
2009 19 games = $280 = $14.75

From now on stop skipping the Math classes and you will sleep better ;)

AL-MO
08-28-2008, 01:56 PM

The players on this team may be better than last year, but we are tied for last place in the east. - not a good situation to be in.

Fort York Redcoat
08-28-2008, 01:58 PM
$15 a game!:lol:

ChrisLav
Sat down & did the numbers, my seats ($117) are down $2 from what I've paid this year.

For 2009: $280/seat + $12 fee so, $572 for the pair (For 15 MLS matches, 1 Friendly, 2 Canadian Championship Matches, 1 Preliminary Round CCL Match.)

2008: $228/seat + $12 fee so, $468 for the pair (For 15 MLS matches, 2 friendlies) plus Montreal/Vancouver Tickets were $30/seat + $12 fee, adding on another $72 there. So I spent $258 / seat + $24 fees for a total of $282. Which is actually $2 more than what we would pay for 2009, while losing a Friendly but adding the Preliminary round CCL match.

It's down because we paid a $12 fee twice, but it's still down.

Nodoubtguy
Comparing ticket prices to the first season really isn't relevant any more. That was last year's whining session.

The question is, what is the increase this year. And it sounds like it is 3.6% - which is just about what the inflation rate published the other day is. And if they make the Champion's League, it will actually be a decrease.

Seems like a pretty fair deal to me. And I'll quite gladly take these tickets off your hands!

Do I sound like I'm complaining?? re-read my posts man.....

nobodybeatsthewiz
08-28-2008, 02:00 PM
I remember back in High School, we had some ticket rep from the Raps come to our business class....1997?? he said they basically make nothing off the sprite zone...but jack up the courtside and gouge the Prawnies.
the crowd in the south is part of the selling of the atmosphere....
if we are replaced by sitters and soccer moms....people won't want to bring clients to the game...as they will then just be attending an average MLS game....

bingo!

but do you know the really funny part (for mlse, not funny for us AT ALL).

we ARE the sprite zone. but theres a huge difference:

mlse-tfc, unlike the raptor operation, isnt eating the loss/potential gain on our south-end section like they do with the sprite zone. instead, they're passing that loss on potential gain over to us in the form of our tix hike, then using that cash (the difference between profit off us and eating the cost) to pay for TV, paper, etc marketing, to then market the very atmosphere we create and pay mlse to gain off!

its ingenious, but sad, and we're getting hosed more than the sprite zoners

giambac
08-28-2008, 02:01 PM

Last year we finishe ddead last.

This year we will finish either 2nd last or 3rd last (unless things change). Considering the last place team is an expansion team I wouldn't say we did better this year.
Considering we lost to a USL team in the CC cup, I wouldn't say we did bette rthis year.

considering we have won 1 of our last 15 games, I wouldn't say we did better this year.

Parkdale
here's a thought:

let's just suppose that the tickets started out undervalued.
the club had no idea what the demand would be, so they
started their pricing structure on the low side. Now they are
raising prices to be more in line with the actual value of the seats.
Maybe (but probably not) once the prices reach what they consider
to be properly valued, the increases will level off.

but then again, not with those vampires owning the club.

nobodybeatsthewiz
The supoorter section seats are taking a bigger hit which i think is fair given that they were paying next to nothing for their seats.

no, its not.

you're thinking from an absolute or nominal standpoint and not from a relative one. by your logic, why have ANY tiered pricing at all if the changes arent a function of what you pay for them?!?!

Parkdale
08-28-2008, 02:03 PM
he said they basically make nothing off the sprite zone...
but jack up the courtside and gouge the Prawnies.

hey. back off. Prawnies are people too!

Nodoubtguy
08-28-2008, 02:04 PM
hey. back off. Prawnies are people too!

hahaha......that made me laugh

giambac
08-28-2008, 02:04 PM
no, its not.

you're thinking from an absolute or nominal standpoint and not from a relative one. by your logic, why have ANY tiered pricing at all if the changes arent a function of what you pay for them?!?!

I'm talking % increases. The supporters section is taking the biggest hit. I guess It's a way for the MLSE to get rid of the beer throwing, streamer throwing fans.

Jay P
08-28-2008, 02:05 PM
I Pay almost $800 splitting raptors tickets 3 ways for a pair of seats in the upper bowl

$280 for TFC, shit, I'll take it.

next year i'll prolly either split my share of the raptors tickets or drop them all together

not giving up my TFC seats ever.

Nodoubtguy
08-28-2008, 02:06 PM
I'm talking % increases. The supporters section is taking the biggest hit. I guess It's a way for the MLSE to get rid of the beer throwing, streamer throwing fans.

well make sure you factor in the extra game when you talk about % increase.....what would 19 games have cost you last year at the average price per ticket in your package??? what would 19 games have cost in 2007??

you could only do the % increase if the number of games was the same every year.

Chewy Unikronik
so really..... who's gonna hook me up next year?

i'm guessing nobody. :(
Want you to beg some more first, please! :hump:

nobodybeatsthewiz
mlse really doesnt want a 'cheap' seat in the house. and it seems they're all to willing to let the market demand/supply set pricing and sit by watching, instead of fostering any kind of nurturing.

and if the % increase for the SE is their way of punishing the rowdies?.......lol, wow.

Wagner
08-28-2008, 02:07 PM
will people be pissed if the SSH gift is Flatpicker's Dichio Bobblehead???