PDA

View Full Version : Montreal a Great Team

Balon
08-28-2008, 09:06 AM
After seing MOntreal play last night I can only say good things about this
good montreal team.
Their playing style is great and the stadium athmosphere is great.
At this moment Montreal is playing better futbol then our Toronto Fc.
Great team and deserves to play in MLS soon.

flatpicker
08-28-2008, 09:11 AM
ok... they were the better team last night... but I don't think they are playing better football than TFC!

The atmosphere there was kinda weak I thought.
The supporter section was small and had no help from the rest of the stadium.
You would expect even casual fans to join in on "*clap*clap*clap* Impact!".... but nope.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-28-2008, 09:11 AM
you sound quebecois

TFC_123
08-28-2008, 09:15 AM
Were you watching the same game as I? The Impact's style is horrible. It was the horrible skill/style/ability of Real Esteli FC that made the Impact appear far better than it actually is.

With respect to atmosphere, if you consider a full stadium devoid of passion and/or voice a good atmoshpere, I guess you are spot on.

Nodoubtguy
08-28-2008, 09:15 AM
Well if they get by Real Esteli, the group stage will be amazing for them to get some publicity in hopes of making the jump to MLS

Shaughno
08-28-2008, 09:18 AM
Guys.. Balon. Think about that name, obviously a Montreal fan. :rolleyes:

Pigfynn
08-28-2008, 09:21 AM
Fuck Montreal! Would you go on a Liverpool board and go on about Tranmere?

Fuck em.

Parkdale
08-28-2008, 09:25 AM
I agree with part of it.

They have a nice little stadium that provides a good game experience, and they do deserve to be in the MLS.

Cobblers
08-28-2008, 09:26 AM
mostly agree with Pigfynn - put this in the Canadian Soccer thread where it belongs, such that TFC supporters looking only for TFC news don't have to look at this if they don't want to...it has no place in the TFC or MLS/News Thread since it's an opinion piece on a Canadian soccer issue (ie. not news)

and Montreal are shite...

SilverSamurai
08-28-2008, 09:28 AM
Guys.. Balon. Think about that name, obviously a Montreal fan. :rolleyes:
Could be Spanish. Balon is also ball in Spanish.
Anyways atmosphere is MIA in Montreal, but the supporters have to put up w/ the gestapo stadium staff and Saputo prefers families.

Shaughno
08-28-2008, 09:29 AM
Could be Spanish. Balon is also ball in Spanish.
Anyways atmosphere is MIA in Montreal, but the supporters have to put up w/ the gestapo stadium staff and Saputo prefers families.

Spanish preaching about Montreal? Likely...very likely. :rofl:

TicTacTabarnack
08-28-2008, 09:31 AM
Bring our the Garbage Bag TIFOs!

(L)(O)(L)

I'm looking forward to TFC kicking their a** next year in the Canada Cup and every year after that. Also looking forward to Montreal losing to TFC in their first MLS appearance just like Toronto scored the first goal at empty Saputo Stadium.

TFC_123
08-28-2008, 09:32 AM
After seing MOntreal play last night I can only say good things about this
good montreal team.
Their playing style is great and the stadium athmosphere is great.
At this moment Montreal is playing better futbol then our Toronto Fc.
Great team and deserves to play in MLS soon.

This guy is definitely an Impact fan posing as a TFC fan. The original post just seems a little forced. I mean "our Toronto Fc" - our initial knee-jerk is to refer to the club as TFC. Also, if we were to spell it out, the "c" in "FC" would be capitalized. Sorry for the Sherlock Holmes explanation. If you're an Impact fan, fine. Just don't pose as something else.

LucaGol
08-28-2008, 09:33 AM
I was extremely impressed with Montreal's workrate....they had pressure on the ball the entire game.

Another thing, it's funny to see player's of USL quality strike nice shots from distance and on target (i.e. Gjertsen and Testo) and players on our team can't even strike a true shot from 3 feet out. I want some long distance efforts dammit.

P.S. Real Esteli would have beaten us.

Pigfynn
08-28-2008, 09:35 AM
I was extremely impressed with Montreal's workrate....they had pressure on the ball the entire game.

Another thing, it's funny to see player's of USL quality strike nice shots from distance and on target (i.e. Gjertsen and Testo) and players on our team can't even strike a true shot from 3 feet out. I want some long distance efforts dammit.

Wow! Thanks for your support. Hey, I'm sure there are Impact message boards and maybe even Esteli boards you could go troll.

Dbl_D
08-28-2008, 09:50 AM
Wow! Thanks for your support. Hey, I'm sure there are Impact message boards and maybe even Esteli boards you could go troll.
ya ....

who are ya! who are ya! who are ya... troll ;

sorry luca had to do it... :noidea:

olegunnar
08-28-2008, 09:58 AM
Montreal a great team

for me to poop on

eustacchio
08-28-2008, 10:02 AM
That was one of the worst games I have ever seen...if Montreal were that good they would have won by at least four goals

SilverSamurai
08-28-2008, 10:10 AM
That was one of the worst games I have ever seen...if Montreal were that good they would have won by at least four goals
They should've actually.
Maybe they have the TFC sickness, ya know, not being able to finish!?!;)

TicTacTabarnack
08-28-2008, 10:17 AM
Montreal a great team

for me to poop on

LOL ... Made me do this:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3005/2805426483_45d4849ff3.jpg?v=0

jloome
08-28-2008, 10:42 AM

Dude, I'll agree when I can agree, but I played high school-level elite teams as a kid that could've beaten Estreli. THey were baaaaaaad. I'd give the Canadian women's national team a shot against them. If Montreal was anywhere near what this poster thinks it would've been at least 3-0 or 4-0.

And consider that Montreal had to scramble a draw against us and looked awful in losing to us in the first game. Nope. We'd have beaten this team, depressing as that reality is.

Billy the kid
08-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Keep in mind that Canada got the best draw for qualifying. Montreal is probably playing the weakest team in the tourney, one that is from a small country where soccer is an after thought to baseball. Montreal is also not doing so hot in the USL. I do hope they do well though.

ganzo_thebest
08-28-2008, 10:51 AM
I thought the game was SHITE......there wwere LOTS of give aways and quality was very poor.....on both sides. I think Montreal got lucky to play with this team cause I was checking out some of the other games and saw some really good team from other countries that would just destroy Montreal!!

my $0.02

trane
08-28-2008, 10:57 AM
I did not see the game. But Montreal is in no way a a great team. However, I will agree that they play a better team game then us, despite having much lower tallent. But as has been discussed before, this is partialy the result of them being around for the better part of two decades.

Parkdale
08-28-2008, 10:58 AM
okay.... this thread isn't "news", it's an opinion, and this isn't the place.