PDA

View Full Version : Abdus Ibrahim

parrott114
08-28-2008, 08:00 AM
Do you think that TFC should consider the idea of putting Ibrahim on loan for a year or two so he can continue his development getting plenty of playing time.

Nuvinho
08-28-2008, 08:03 AM
If he goes on loan and does well there, there is no chance he will be playing for TFC in a year or two. He will be sold.

GabrielHurl
08-28-2008, 08:03 AM
I'd rather he played with us

rocker
08-28-2008, 08:05 AM
MLS doesn't really like loaning out players.

CoachGT
08-28-2008, 08:06 AM
I thought he came here to be with family?

SilverSamurai
08-28-2008, 08:09 AM
Where could he be loaned to?
USL squad?
Better for him to stay w/ TFC for the time being.

Roogsy
08-28-2008, 08:11 AM
Have him play regularly with the reserves and benefiting of the tutorship by the great Danny D!

Ossington Mental Youth
08-28-2008, 08:12 AM
I thought he came here to be with family?

He did.
I think he should stay, although our youth facilities arent world class im sure they are good enough to give this guy the skills he needs (along with the odd mls game). Frankly i dont see him staying past the age of 18 if he develops into the player he looks to be, of course itd be nice if he did.

Fort York Redcoat
08-28-2008, 08:34 AM
I love that we're thinking that way, though. The league will eventually need to improve its reserves beyond the reserve squad but I don't think we're there yet. First the league needs to pick a # of teams and stick with it. Then work out paying fair for quality. Then look at increasing squad depth and loan deals. I haven't seen any reserve games so far but I have seen some MLS games where I though on side was playing their reserves...

FluSH
08-28-2008, 08:55 AM
Do you think that TFC should consider the idea of putting Ibrahim on loan for a year or two so he can continue his development getting plenty of playing time.

This kid should be playing every game.... maybe not starting but as a substitute to provide FRESH legs.

gtaguy
08-28-2008, 09:59 AM
This kid should be playing every game.... maybe not starting but as a substitute to provide FRESH legs.

great idea to do this. Not only does he continue to develop on the reserve team but he can get into a couple of mls games to test out his progress.

Lending him out if possible would be to lose another body on the squad and
TFC can't afford to do this

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-28-2008, 11:53 AM
I like the idea of loaning Ibrahim and other younger players on the team, but in terms of the league roster restrictions I wonder if it’s possible / practical.

I wonder if they could loan him out to a CSL team? He could stay local and TFC could keep a close eye on his development. I guess it would be debatable as to how much that would further his development.

joel
08-28-2008, 12:52 PM
the guy is 17, you don't loan him out. He's not at the point that he needs first team action you are trying to develop a player not burn him out.

He plays for the reserves already, and that is just fine.

You loan out players that are older and should be getting first team action because they are ready, you just don't have a spot on the squad for them. This is not Abdus Ibrahim, he is not ready to start every game.

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-28-2008, 12:59 PM
You loan out players that are older and should be getting first team action because they are ready, you just don't have a spot on the squad for them. This is not Abdus Ibrahim, he is not ready to start every game.

Teams lone out young players all the time to get them first team experience. I would argue that Ibrahim needs games, and it doesn’t seem like the reserve are playing too many of them.

joel
08-28-2008, 01:02 PM
Not teams in the MLS. Does he really need games? How do you know that?

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-28-2008, 01:18 PM
Not teams in the MLS. Does he really need games? How do you know that?

MLS teams have in the past and do presently loan out players, thought I agree with you that it is far from the norm. Young players need games to develop - that’s a fact. Is there anything about the way Ibrahim plays to suggest to you that he doesn’t need more games / experience?

Just to stir the pot a little, why is everyone always going on about Ibrahim? We’ve got a better young player with the team in the form of Gabe Gala, who’s getting even less playing time.

CanadaLFC
08-28-2008, 01:51 PM
Loaning him out isn't such a bad idea. Somewhere in the USL, if possible. If we are worried about losing bodies etc, then there can be a clause in the loan deal where we may recall him at any time. Plenty of teams in Europe do this.

Smenge
08-28-2008, 04:01 PM
Shit, in a year or two, he could leave for that great league in Norway or fucking Bulgaria, along with every other good young player in MLS......what the fuck....how crap is MLS anyway?

rocker
08-28-2008, 05:14 PM
the only thing i don't like about loaning him to the USL is you don't know if he's getting the coaching that you want, or the training you would like... and if he was lonely in Dallas, he'd be lonely in Minnesota or Portland. he also wouldn't be around Paul Winsper either. Ya, he would play, but I wonder if he'd benefit as much as training with TFC and playing with TFC in reserves/as a sub.

Zidane10
08-28-2008, 06:24 PM
We should keep him here and let him develop. I think he'll be quite a good player in a few years if we play him as a sub or starter in most of our games and let him develop.

Cashcleaner
08-29-2008, 08:45 AM
I'd rather he played with us

Agreed 100%. I have a feeling we'll need him on the pitch as much as possible in 2009. The guy has shown a lot of potention thus far, he just needs some fine-tuning.

LucaGol
08-29-2008, 08:55 AM
the guy is 17, you don't loan him out. He's not at the point that he needs first team action you are trying to develop a player not burn him out.

He plays for the reserves already, and that is just fine.

By older...what age are you referring to?...18,19

jmorgs88
08-29-2008, 02:19 PM
it would be nice for him to stay and play with us but he is not ready, i feel that is quite evident when he is on the pitch...as flush said earlier being a late sub to bring on some fresh legs would benefit the team and playing against some tired defenders might get his confidence up because he should do well...carver is doing well to try and ease him into the swing of things because if we tried to go with ibrahim for 90 minutes in 1 or 2 games straight i think he would head downwards

joel
08-29-2008, 02:35 PM
By older...what age are you referring to?...18,19

It's not really age, it's more like age of development.

giambac
08-29-2008, 03:23 PM

Send him to play college ball for 2 years and then call him up. I think that he can be an okay player but he now is playing against men and the physical stuff is just to much for him. Now that we have Ruiz and Barrett, let him get playing time in then college ranks.

Broadview
08-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Tough to send a kid to college when he hasn't finished high school. He just turned seventeen. And he has a day job.

giambac
08-29-2008, 05:22 PM
Tough to send a kid to college when he hasn't finished high school. He just turned seventeen. And he has a day job.

Well then he has alot of makeup studying to do. How can a kid not finish high school? he should be taking part time courses. If he wants he can play for my son's high school team.

what happens if he doesn't make it in the soccer world?

The jury is still out on the guy? He better have something to fall back on.

H Bomb
08-29-2008, 05:30 PM
I have a memory of him completing his High School equivalence already. I'll try to find the quote

here we go

"He will graduate from high school at Edison Academy Center in Bradenton in May, and then will split time between the FC Dallas developmental team and his U.S. team, which plays in the under-17 FIFA World Cup starting Aug. 18 in South Korea."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/preps/11653506.html

that was easy.Careful Broadview you don't want to give people like Giambac fuel for their ignorance fires.

S_D
08-29-2008, 05:37 PM

With Barrett cramping up, he is definitely needed here.

RedsYNWA
08-29-2008, 05:49 PM
Ibrahim is OVERRATED

giambac
08-29-2008, 09:42 PM
Ibrahim is OVERRATED

I would be bothered if we won every game and lost the league:(