PDA

View Full Version : DC fans steal yet another goal of the week

Kickit09
08-27-2008, 05:15 PM
i know most of you think the goal of the week is a joke but for those of you who care, DC scripts were out in full force again as DC stole yet another goal of the week. making it their 8th GOTW this year, only maybe 2 of those were actually deserved. this weeks GOTW was the worst nominee too, robbing 3 really nice goals. i think its actually the worst goal of the week all year. how MLS doesn’t have a clue yet what DC fans are doing i dont know. maybe they should just change the name to goal of the weak in honour of DC.

http://web.mlsnet.com/sights/goal_of_the_week/

Jack
08-27-2008, 05:28 PM
Wow...what a joke that is.

How does Barret's goal not even appear in the top 5?

I admit GOTW spamming was fun for a while, but it got old really quick.

Super
08-27-2008, 05:44 PM
Let's be honest, the goal of the week content is not respected by anyone. Who would want to win it anyway at this point? We need a new contest with a better voting system in place.

LucaGol
08-27-2008, 05:51 PM
Well, really Andre Rocha's was the best, Joe Vide of DC second.

They were both really good hits.

TFC-Tyler
08-27-2008, 05:55 PM
What a fucking joke. Those inbred DC fans shouldnt get to vote. The fact that MLS decides this way is such a fucking joke though.

Kickit09
08-27-2008, 05:58 PM
it just bothers me because they show it every week on the ESPN broadcast that goes around the world, and it makes the league look bad. i've been in justin.tv rooms watching MLS games and when they show the MLS "goal of the week" people from europe and south america laugh and make fun of it. if the really nice deserving goals won it wouldn’t be a problem, but when you have DC fans cheating to get their player’s shitty goal to win it ruins it. the ONLY time one of their nominated players didnt win was the 1 time WE cheated, but that actually was the best goal of the week and we still had to cheat so DC didn’t win. DC cheats every time they get a player nominated. Its just not right.

LucaGol
08-27-2008, 06:09 PM
Again, why are we blaming the entire DC United organization as well as their entire supportership for the actions of one 38 year old computer science dropout loser affecting the results of gotw from his parents basement....who may or may not be affiliated with DC in any way.

Who cares....its stupid anyways....it's just a way for MLS to drive traffic to their site.

TFC-Tyler
08-27-2008, 06:35 PM
Again, why are we blaming the entire DC United organization as well as their entire supportership for the actions of one 38 year old computer science dropout loser affecting the results of gotw from his parents basement....who may or may not be affiliated with DC in any way.

Who cares....its stupid anyways....it's just a way for MLS to drive traffic to their site.
If you think its the work of one person, you're wrong.

And like it or not, the actions of your fans reflect the organisation. It's nothing new.

BBBulldog
08-27-2008, 06:36 PM
how MLS doesn’t have a clue yet what DC fans are doing i dont know.

of course they have a clue, we and actually our FO too (can't believe they bothered) have reported their shit system just about every week, starting with the week when TFC guys were using scripts to try and get some weak goal in first place :D if it looks like someone is still using scripts maybe they still didn't stop from that week when we started fighting fire with fire (they got scripts from TFC board :)).

But for them having clue... they do, they just don't care.

Then again, DC has shitloads of fans around US and if most are like me... if I come across that poll thing I just vote whoever is DC without looking at anything... unless it's voting for all stars then we vote for everyone but DC.

You're right Vide's wasn't best, Quaranta's was way nicer :D

Shakes McQueen
08-27-2008, 06:50 PM

Please let us in on the information you have, then.

And like it or not, the actions of your fans reflect the organisation. It's nothing new.

They didn't kidnap the President's daughter - they jerryrigged an internet poll, whose only purpose is to drive traffic to the MLS website. While it's really lame, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

And it certainly doesn't reflect poorly on DC United as a club.

- Scott

Kickit09
08-27-2008, 07:06 PM
of course they have a clue, we and actually our FO too (can't believe they bothered) have reported their shit system just about every week, starting with the week when TFC guys were using scripts to try and get some weak goal in first place :D if it looks like someone is still using scripts maybe they still didn't stop from that week when we started fighting fire with fire (they got scripts from TFC board :)).

But for them having clue... they do, they just don't care.

Then again, DC has shitloads of fans around US and if most are like me... if I come across that poll thing I just vote whoever is DC without looking at anything... unless it's voting for all stars then we vote for everyone but DC.

You're right Vide's wasn't best, Quaranta's was way nicer :D

^ ok buddy, are you talking about guevara's beautiful free kick goal that didnt even win GOTW. you must be because that was the first toronto GOTW nominee. yeah what a shit goal that was. :rolleyes:

and as far as us cheating first, we didnt even win a goal of the week untill week #20, you cheaters had stolen 7 by then. so dont give me that shit about fighting fire with fire. you guys are cheaters plain and simple.

jebi se :dita:

onemanbarmyarmy
08-27-2008, 08:30 PM
Yeah when we want to cheat we beat your cheaters. That makes us the best.

That was so Nascar!

TFC-Tyler
08-27-2008, 08:41 PM
Please let us in on the information you have, then.

They didn't kidnap the President's daughter - they jerryrigged an internet poll, whose only purpose is to drive traffic to the MLS website. While it's really lame, I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

And it certainly doesn't reflect poorly on DC United as a club.

- Scott
To answer the first part, common sense. That, and a few DC United 'fans' gloating on another message board, but feel free to attack me some more.

Like it or not, it's wrong. How does that not reflect poorly on the organisation? Does it reflect positively on them, rigging the vote? It certainly isnt going to give them a reputation, or make everybody hate the team, but it reflects poorly on the fanbase and the organisation along with it. I really dont give a damn if you lose sleep over it.

I take it you never heard the saying when in school, if you were visiting another school or a field trip and were told "act your best, you represent your school." This is similar.

LucaGol
08-27-2008, 09:00 PM

Ok...fine 2 people....

You are purposely missing the point.

Shakes McQueen
08-27-2008, 09:09 PM
To answer the first part, common sense. That, and a few DC United 'fans' gloating on another message board, but feel free to attack me some more.

Attack you? I asked you what information you had. Please provide a link to this gloating from multiple people, that you speak of.

I take it you never heard the saying when in school, if you were visiting another school or a field trip and were told "act your best, you represent your school." This is similar.

How is this analogy remotely applicable? In one example, you are an enrolled student in the school. In the other example, you are some guy (or guys) rigging an internet poll.

How about the select few idiots that throw shit on the pitch at Toronto FC games? Do they make Toronto FC look bad as an organization?

No. At worst, they make Toronto FC fans look like yahoos.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
08-27-2008, 09:10 PM

It's what he does.

- Scott

ilikemusic
08-27-2008, 09:16 PM
Rocha's goal was the only noteworthy one of the bunch.

TFC-Tyler
08-27-2008, 09:18 PM
How about the select few idiots that throw shit on the pitch at Toronto FC games? Do they make Toronto FC look bad as an organization?

No. At worst, they make Toronto FC fans look like yahoos.

- Scott
Yes actually, they reflect on us as fans, and as the organisation. Did you even read my post? It wont give us a bad reputation, or make people hate our team, but to many people it will reflect on the whole organisation. If you honestly cant understand this, wow.

And I admit the analogy is not perfect, but it works. The fans reflect the organisation similarly to how students do to a school. Note I said similar.

TFC-Tyler
08-27-2008, 09:20 PM
Ok...fine 2 people....

How exactly am I missing the point? I agree with you, we shouldnt go and hate the whole team because of a small group of idiots. Like it or not, in a way, the reflect on the whole organisation. I never said this is exclusive to them, it's like that for everyone.

Shakes McQueen
08-27-2008, 09:25 PM
Did you even read my post? It wont give us a bad reputation, or make people hate our team, but to many people it will reflect on the whole organisation. If you honestly cant understand this, wow.

Based on what, though? You can't just throw around spurious phrases like "to many people..." without providing some sort of tangible proof.

So far you've claimed that some theoretical group of people will think badly of the organization based on this goof rigging a poll, and yet everyone in this thread has disagreed with you. And even you don't agree that it reflects badly on the organization, although you insist that this theoretical group will still be affected.

You're right, I can't understand that.

- Scott

TFC-Tyler
08-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Based on what, though? You can't just throw around spurious phrases like "to many people..." without providing some sort of tangible proof.

So far you've claimed that some theoretical group of people will think badly of the organization based on this goof rigging a poll, and yet everyone in this thread has disagreed with you. And even you don't agree that it reflects badly on the organization, although you insist that this theoretical group will still be affected.

You're right, I can't understand that.

- ScottUh, so far you and LucaGol are the only ones who disagree with me, and to be fair, you're clearely bitter I insulted you a while back, probably the same with LucaGol.

Show me some proof that one goof is rigging the poll.

If I say "to many people... re-locating the team would be very frustrating" I would need spome sort of proof to please you according to your logic.

I can throw phrases if I damn well please, only an idiot would have a problem with what I said. So you think that not a single person will think badly of the organisation when things like this happen? Have you never heard of people having bad experiences with a small group of fans and disliking the team? Because I can tell you I have heard "I hate the Leafs, their fans are retards" etc. too many times.

You can put any pathetic twist you'd like to make you feel better. The way fans act can make the team look bad. That's kinda the whole reason of something called a PR department, but I wouldnt expect you to understand that.

Now that we're done here, I'm going to do something that I'm certainly not the first person to do, something I should have done when I first met you, welcome to my ignore list.

Shakes McQueen
08-27-2008, 09:46 PM
Does that mean we can get back to the subject at hand, rather than fielding your insults? If so, I'd say this was a net victory for the internet.

Anyway, back to topic.

- Scott

SLBuu
08-27-2008, 10:21 PM
boo-fuckin-hoo

we did the same shit last year, so we're no better than the DC fans or is it TFC is no better than DC United?

BBBulldog
08-27-2008, 10:44 PM
^ ok buddy, are you talking about guevara's beautiful free kick goal that didnt even win GOTW. you must be because that was the first toronto GOTW nominee. yeah what a shit goal that was. :rolleyes:

don't remember, as I said I don't really watch other goals or other teams (unless I want to see atmosphere).

You'll have to excuse me, goal of the week is not really on my high priority list with Open Cup final, CCL etc

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-27-2008, 10:47 PM
don't remember, as I said I don't really watch other goals or other teams (unless I want to see atmosphere).

You'll have to excuse me, goal of the week is not really on my high priority list with Open Cup final, CCL etc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKZUEwYtMwc

Damien
08-27-2008, 10:55 PM
Where's Shaughno to say he doesn't care? hmmm, weird.

Hustle
08-27-2008, 11:05 PM

LOL Numskull, obviously it is the highest on your priority list. Your the one trolling our message board because you get your jollies seeing how we react to your bullshit scheme. If your not the one running these shit scripts, I would be very surprised. What other kind of loser would be not only looking at our opinion, but also commenting on it? When I have enough time on my hands to sign up for a rival supporters board and troll to see how my cheating ways are viewed, shoot me.

TFC Faithful made sure the goal by Barrett won, because it was the best goal. What your doing makes a mockery of your team. Your not a supporter, your an idiot.