PDA

View Full Version : Chances of a win this weekend

Stouffville_RPB
08-27-2008, 09:36 AM
I was thinking about it and we realistically have a chance of pulling out a win Saturday againist Chivas.

Yes we are on the road but Chivas has not played well in the league as of late (haven't won since July 16). Chivas has played alot of games over the last while (MLS, Superliga, and CL yesterday).

TFC are coming off a draw versus the top team in the league in a game they could have won. They will have Carlos Ruiz and have had some time this week to relax abit and get away from the pressure.

TFC can go into Chivas' house and pick up 3 points on Saturday.

Nuvinho
08-27-2008, 09:37 AM
A win this week with a FULL roster. A tie at least next week with 7 regulars missing.

flatpicker
08-27-2008, 09:41 AM
A win this week with a FULL roster. A tie at least next week with 7 regulars missing.

sheesh! is that what we are up against next week???!!!
didn't realise it was going to be that bad!

Pigfynn
08-27-2008, 09:45 AM
so....Brennan, Sutton, Guevara, Ruiz, Wynne, Marshall...who else???

OneLoveOneEric
08-27-2008, 09:46 AM
Sorry, but I put the chances at near zero.
I have no reason to believe we're suddenly going to be capable of a strong road performance.
It just hasn't happened yet.

Nuvinho
08-27-2008, 09:51 AM
Robbo may have a Wales game, and Ibbe could get called to the U-20s

flatpicker
08-27-2008, 09:53 AM
lord have mercy on us in that game!!!
please tell me Chivas will be missing players too!!!!

Fort York Redcoat
08-27-2008, 09:55 AM
No nationals on Chivas USA side? This weekend is no gimme but it should be tight.

Beach_Red
08-27-2008, 10:13 AM
I have no reason to believe we're suddenly going to be capable of a strong road performance.

Colorado is a mess, of course, but it was still a road win. Some new blood, anything's possible this weekend.

VPjr
08-27-2008, 11:40 AM
They have to win this weekend. Chivas is strugging. Next week, with so many missing, TFC will have to hope for a tie (10 men behind the ball and pray for a counter attack opportunity)

rocker
08-27-2008, 11:55 AM
i guess if the chances are near zero, you shouldn't even turn on the TV set then ;)

might as well give up and go watch baseball.

the chance of winning any game is 100% before it starts... i think Yogi Berra said that. ;)

Shakes McQueen
08-27-2008, 02:51 PM

Luckily, Chivas isn't exactly a "strong" side.

If we can pull out a win against a bad club with a developmental roster on the road, we can pull out a win against Chivas with our starting XI back together (plus new additions).

- Scott

Stouffville_RPB
08-27-2008, 02:52 PM
Luckily, Chivas isn't exactly a "strong" side.

If we can pull out a win against a bad club with a developmental roster on the road, we can pull out a win against Chivas with our starting XI back together (plus new additions).

- Scott

That's what I was thinking.

S_D
08-27-2008, 03:24 PM
If TFC can get draws in both games they will be lucky. Lots of new additions to the squad, on the road and the next game with all of the callups I am not sure how they are going to pull these games off. But I can't wait to see if they can :)

giambac
08-27-2008, 04:20 PM
I was thinking about it and we realistically have a chance of pulling out a win Saturday againist Chivas.

Yes we are on the road but Chivas has not played well in the league as of late (haven't won since July 16). Chivas has played alot of games over the last while (MLS, Superliga, and CL yesterday).

TFC are coming off a draw versus the top team in the league in a game they could have won. They will have Carlos Ruiz and have had some time this week to relax abit and get away from the pressure.

TFC can go into Chivas' house and pick up 3 points on Saturday.

Our chances of winning this weekend?
Our chances of winning on the road?

Let me think about this.

How about -100%. No chance in hell. They have done nothing all season to give us any ounce of hope.

jloome
08-27-2008, 04:22 PM
Our first team, even without Ruiz, should be able to beat Chivas, notwithstanding the rotten road record. Did anyone watch that game last night? God, they were shit. Shittier than even we've been at times.

loconet
08-27-2008, 04:24 PM
I don't know why but I have a good feeling about this up coming game. Don't ask me to give a logical explanation because it all points to another loss away from home but there is this illogical light of hope I have for this game...

Shakes McQueen
08-27-2008, 04:53 PM
Our chances of winning this weekend?
Our chances of winning on the road?

Let me think about this.

How about -100%. No chance in hell. They have done nothing all season to give us any ounce of hope.

Again... we beat a team that is just as bad as Chivas, with 80% rookies and reserve players, on the road, not three weeks ago.

After seeing our performance vs. New England on the weekend, I am actually HEARTENED that we will be able to beat Chivas on the road. We will have our full squad on the pitch (minus Dichio), plus our solid new additions.

Is it a guaranteed win? No. But to say "no chance in hell" is just being needlessly pessimistic.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
08-27-2008, 04:56 PM
I don't know why but I have a good feeling about this up coming game. Don't ask me to give a logical explanation because it all points to another loss away from home but there is this illogical light of hope I have for this game...

I would love to see our boys get a solid blow out 3-0/4-0 win on the road. That would do a lot for rebuilding their confidence.

And with a pure scorer (Ruiz) playing striker, instead of Ricketts, we may just get it. Lord knows we could have beaten New England by a healthy score if we had converted the golden opportunities there.

- Scott

ManUtd4ever
08-27-2008, 05:10 PM
After watching TFC's best performance in weeks against NE on the weekend, I have renewed faith in this club. I am very optimistic that a striker tandem of Ruiz and Barrett up front might be exactly what is needed to turn our fortunes around. I think a victory against Chivas is not only possible, but should be expected given the current rosters of both clubs. Anything less would be a disappointment in my opinion...

Hustle
08-27-2008, 05:15 PM
I see a win against Chivas this weekend if they can blend get Ruiz right on track. Hopefully Marvell and Chad work as hard as they did against N.E. Johann should be playing too.

TheRenter
08-27-2008, 05:37 PM
we will win both upcoming away & home matches vs. chivass, and you can quote me on that

Super
08-27-2008, 05:49 PM
With Barrett and Ruiz up front I believe anything is possible at this point. Let's be honest, we do create chances, even away, but we just haven't been able to put them away. Now we have a strike team up front with ability to score, and with that we may see a very different away performance indeed.

Also, looking down the road, we NEED to pick up points NOW. The next home game will be beyond difficult for us with all the players we'll give up to international duty, and so it's important we play our heart out when we are at full strength and pick up all 3 points. At this point draws just won't cut it. We must win, and I think the players know this all too well as well.