PDA

View Full Version : TFC on Setanta?

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-26-2008, 10:43 PM
TFC on Setanta?

Looks like they’re showing a repeat of the Chivas match on Monday September 1st. Kind of an interesting development. I hope they do some live matches next season. Maybe an expanded format TFC TV could even find a home there.

http://www.setantaca.com/en/CAN/Our-Schedules/

RPB_Brantford_08
08-26-2008, 10:53 PM
TFC on Setanta?

Looks like they’re showing a repeat of the Chivas match on Monday September 1st. Kind of an interesting development. I hope they do some live matches next season. Maybe an expanded format TFC TV could even find a home there.

that would be f**king terrific if they found a home there instead of the mediocre networks they are stuck on now. A tfc rv on setanta would also be good. thanks for the good news.

Sonny Cheeba
08-26-2008, 10:55 PM
man that's not good news for me. means i have to pay for setanta. and i'd rather not watch repeat games.

if only setanta came in a sports package.

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-26-2008, 11:09 PM
I get the feeling that there’s going to be some changes coming on Setanta. Monday is also the first day the schedule lists their sports news show as being on. I think it’s either supposed to be Canadian produced or have some Canadian content.

Setanta’s pricey, compared to other channels, but it’s got a lot of good stuff if your into English football. It’s the only speciality channel I have so the $15 isn’t too bad. I can see how it would be steep if you were already paying for some other channels though.

boban
08-26-2008, 11:13 PM
TFC on Setanta?

Are you fucken for real?
That would be the worst thing on so many levels.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-26-2008, 11:19 PM
man that's not good news for me. means i have to pay for setanta. and i'd rather not watch repeat games.

if only setanta came in a sports package.

trust me setanta is worth the 14.99 a month, if TFC could get their games and other mls games on there is would be FANrastic.

Don Julio
08-26-2008, 11:57 PM
Setanta getting all this Canadian Content makes me wonder - why were they exempt from the rules before? Because the $15 put them in a Pay TV category maybe, instead of specialty channel? I wonder if the proce may be coming down.

But mostly I wonder when it will be FUCKING HD!?!

$15 a month for grainy fucking games? Wtf.

nfitz
08-27-2008, 12:32 AM
$15 a month for a station that can't even bother to broadcast in HD??

No thanks!

Sonny Cheeba
08-27-2008, 12:40 AM
the amount of stuff they're trying to broadcast in North America requires a Setanta2.

i don't think it's worth it. i'll stick to watching it through internet streams.

Shakes McQueen
08-27-2008, 12:58 AM
that would be f**king terrific if they found a home there instead of the mediocre networks they are stuck on now. A tfc rv on setanta would also be good. thanks for the good news.

That would be the worst thing in the world for both MLS, and the club. Rogers Sportsnet and CBC are in about five million percent more homes than Setanta right now.

- Scott

James Oliphant
08-27-2008, 01:59 AM
trust me setanta is worth the 14.99 a month, if TFC could get their games and other mls games on there is would be FANrastic.

Not if you want the league and the team to grow, it wouldn't. TFC already draws too few viewers on networks that people actually get.

RicoSuave44
08-27-2008, 02:36 AM
love Setanta but how the hell would TFC improve already dismal TV numbers by moving some games to a pricey pay channel? the only winners would be the soccer pubs.

Shakes McQueen
08-27-2008, 02:52 AM
love Setanta but how the hell would TFC improve already dismal TV numbers by moving some games to a pricey pay channel? the only winners would be the soccer pubs.

Yes, and a select few Canadian football fans, most of whom probably already either a) like Toronto FC, or b) think that MLS is a shit league, and don't watch the games either way.

- Scott

canadian_bhoy
08-27-2008, 04:35 AM
Are you guys crazy????

Yeah, let's take TFC off of the score and sportsnet and put it on a channel that you have to pay for!!! Great idea. Maybe while we're at it we should start complaining that our tickets aren't expensive enough!

Did you guys buy the CBC Bold Channel? Because they had TFC games on this year. I bet that even if lots of people here did - the average TFC fan didn't.

Tintin
08-27-2008, 06:28 AM
Are you guys crazy????

Yeah, let's take TFC off of the score and sportsnet and put it on a channel that you have to pay for!!! Great idea. Maybe while we're at it we should start complaining that our tickets aren't expensive enough!

Did you guys buy the CBC Bold Channel? Because they had TFC games on this year. I bet that even if lots of people here did - the average TFC fan didn't.

I agree but what the others mean is that the quality of the broadcast would be much better on a speciality channel like setanta. Also, I do also believe that the price will go down to less than 10 dollars. i have setanta right now and I must say that having all those games is great and addictive!

Fort York Redcoat
08-27-2008, 06:30 AM
I'm in the "nay" camp. Setanta is good for what it is. A foreign channel for foreign football. Their coverage is significant but the quality ranges. To broadcast MLS doesn't make any sense when there is more demand for Prem reruns.

These added channels will make it more expensive and complicated to watch our team. Does this mean that Bold will be CBC plus or are they really adding a sports channel?

Let's also consider quality. These secondary channels are always inferior broadcasts piggybacking the FSN/MLS feed.

Well I guess we don't hear most of the rubbish commentary anyway when we're yelling down at the pub.:cuss:

Eastend
08-27-2008, 07:51 AM
Wouldn't they broadcast the matches from the current MLS feeds from each individual city? That wouldn't be any improvement and the viewership would fefinitely drop. I already have the channel but the $15 per month is a bit steep.

Oldtimer
08-27-2008, 08:00 AM
I'm sure that this is an experiment, and they'll see what the viewership numbers look like.

Eastend
08-27-2008, 08:07 AM
well, given that it is a holiday here the numbers could be skewed.

kuku
08-27-2008, 09:01 AM
Sportsnet is taking over Setanta Sports Canada. Its basically gonna be Sportsnet 2. The Soccer Saturday show will be shown on there.

Fort York Redcoat
08-27-2008, 09:09 AM
Yikes! I predict someone will be pissed with the replacing of regular programming with MLS.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-27-2008, 12:09 PM
That would be the worst thing in the world for both MLS, and the club. Rogers Sportsnet and CBC are in about five million percent more homes than Setanta right now.

- Scott

but those five million percent are not watching even for free are they?
No setanta would be a better option, TFC not taking a back seat to hockey,baseball broadcasts.

AL-MO
08-27-2008, 12:12 PM
Putting a game on Setanta would limit the numbers even more. I know I only got it on my free satiellite a month or so ago.

TFC's biggest weakness is its terrible TV numbers. Production and other bullshit on a Pay channel is not going to work.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-27-2008, 12:20 PM
Putting a game on Setanta would limit the numbers even more. I know I only got it on my free satiellite a month or so ago.

TFC's biggest weakness is its terrible TV numbers. Production and other bullshit on a Pay channel is not going to work.

but is not working on the CBC,sportsnet and the score either..we all know why no one watches the score, but CBC and sportnet can;t draw the numbers either, so a solution may be a TFC/MLS channel like the leafs/raptors, it's something TFC/mlse should really think about.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-27-2008, 12:21 PM
Are you fucken for real?

agreed, team/sport needs more exposure in this country, 15$ a month is not the way to do it. CBC is, not CBC BOLD but CBC.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-27-2008, 12:24 PM
TSN 2 looks brutal, browsed through the webpage and it looks like minimal footie coverage with more of the same (ie Nascar, baseball etc), does anyone know differnet?

AL-MO
08-27-2008, 12:35 PM
but is not working on the CBC,sportsnet and the score either..we all know why no one watches the score, but CBC and sportnet can;t draw the numbers either, so a solution may be a TFC/MLS channel like the leafs/raptors, it's something TFC/mlse should really think about.

Everyone hates the fact that there are games on Leafs TV, and they actually have a TV audience!

Why do this when the entire TV audience for TFC could basically fit in the skydome.

The audience needs to be bigger, but putting it on a channel like setanta is not the answer IMO.

jloome
08-27-2008, 12:40 PM
Somwhere, this thread seemed to morph from "TFC on Setanta" to "TFC ONLY on SETANTA."

What's wrong with another channel replaying games, for fuck's sake. I pay the $15, even though I think it's onerous, because I enjoy watching 20 different footie games every weekend. But I haven't seen it suggested anywhere that Setanta would be the ONLY broadcaster of MLS.

That's retarded.

adampz
08-27-2008, 12:41 PM
Is anybody else pist off with setanta that theyre not showing the celtic rangers game?

boban
08-27-2008, 12:42 PM
Are you on drugs?
What numbers were you expecting in 1.5 years?
Businesses need time to grow, and TFC sucking so bad hasn't help ratings.
Honestly, people in this 'I want it now' generation. :rolleyes:

AL-MO
08-27-2008, 12:42 PM
Somwhere, this thread seemed to morph from "TFC on Setanta" to "TFC ONLY on SETANTA."

What's wrong with another channel replaying games, for fuck's sake. I pay the $15, even though I think it's onerous, because I enjoy watching 20 different footie games every weekend. But I haven't seen it suggested anywhere that Setanta would be the ONLY broadcaster of MLS.

That's retarded.

You can thank RPB_Brantford for that..

RPB_Brantford_08
08-27-2008, 01:10 PM
Are you on drugs?
What numbers were you expecting in 1.5 years?
Businesses need time to grow, and TFC sucking so bad hasn't help ratings.
Honestly, people in this 'I want it now' generation. :rolleyes:

more then 100,000 thats for sure, even for this country i thought maybe 500,000 across the country if not Ontario.

Bluenose13
08-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Is anybody else pist off with setanta that theyre not showing the celtic rangers game?
They can't show the game live......They only have the rights to show it tape delayed later in the week......Celtic/Rangers games have never been shown live on regular TV,as the supporters clubs pay large fee's on a PPV basis.

boban
08-27-2008, 01:13 PM
more then 100,000 thats for sure, even for this country i thought maybe 500,000 across the country if not Ontario.
You're on grass buddy.
CFL don't even get those numbers.
For a new team the TFC tv numbers are not bad in the least.

Beach_Red
08-27-2008, 01:16 PM

That's the first break you've given them for being a new team. ;)

RPB_Brantford_08
08-27-2008, 01:16 PM
You're on grass buddy.

thats the cfl, football should be doing much better.

boban
08-27-2008, 01:19 PM
That's the first break you've given them for being a new team. ;)
Csz thats the only ting that is pretty much totally out of their control.
What are they going to do, hold a gun to ones head to watch on TV?
lol

boban
08-27-2008, 01:21 PM
thats the cfl, football should be doing much better.
based on what?
Just because the WC on TV draws doesn't translate to a new local soccer team playing in a 4th tier league drawing on TV.

MrHawk
08-27-2008, 01:28 PM
Setanta shows weird games.

For UEFA Cup qualifying they've decided to show Siroki Brijeg vs Besitkas? They've shown both games

AL-MO
08-27-2008, 01:32 PM
based on what?
Just because the WC on TV draws doesn't translate to a new local soccer team playing in a 4th tier league drawing on TV.

I would be interested to see the ratings for a WC game...and compare it to other TV sports in this country..

Beach_Red
08-27-2008, 01:33 PM
What are they going to do, hold a gun to ones head to watch on TV?
lol

Maybe they should try that for signing players.;)

It'll take a few years, but when there are 3 Canadian teams in the league and the Canadian Championship is more established it's not crazy to think that TV ratings will be high.

egoodwin
08-27-2008, 01:35 PM
I hope not, because I don't want to spend $15 a month to see TFC

then again, it would be a great reason to get Setanta...

PaulinosTFC
08-27-2008, 01:38 PM
Setanta getting all this Canadian Content makes me wonder - why were they exempt from the rules before? Because the $15 put them in a Pay TV category maybe, instead of specialty channel? I wonder if the proce may be coming down.

Exactly...no station is worth $15 a friggin' month if it's non-HD. I cancelled my subscription for this reason, the games are not fun to watch on bigger hi-def Tvs.

boban
08-27-2008, 01:41 PM
Maybe they should try that for signing players.;)

It'll take a few years, but when there are 3 Canadian teams in the league and the Canadian Championship is more established it's not crazy to think that TV ratings will be high.
Exactly, shit takes time.

Beach_Red
08-27-2008, 01:47 PM
Exactly, shit takes time.

Which includes building a quality team, right?

boban
08-27-2008, 01:56 PM
Which includes building a quality team, right?
Not really no. Can't compare the two really.

Beach_Red
08-27-2008, 02:10 PM
Not really no. Can't compare the two really.

There's a guy on this board (tfcleeds I think) who has a sig line quote about how it's too easy to support Man U, it's, "heroism in a can."

I know you think TFC is doing everything wrong but from where I'm sitting they've done a lot right for an expansion team and it's too early to make such difinitive judgements. It really does take time to build an organization, it's not just an add-water-and-heat thing.

Blizzard
08-27-2008, 02:25 PM
Are you fucken for real?

Ya it would be a total disaster.

Why would MLSE agree to put TFC on a network that isn't seen by the majority of the population.

If CBC get's 100k, Sportsnet 80k and The Score 20k per game, we can probably easily guess that TFC on Setanta would be watched by maybe 8-10k at the most.

I can see the MLSE suits now:

"I have a great idea! Let's put TFC on a network that our supporters have to pay for plus would eliminate all our casual viewers! It's brilliant I tells ya, brilliant!"

Beach_Red
08-27-2008, 02:34 PM
Ya it would be a total disaster.

Why would MLSE agree to put TFC on a network that isn't seen by the majority of the population.

Yes, a disaster. But with CBC looking like it's going to lose hockey, they're going to want to keep TFC and soon the other Canadian teams, and the Canadian Championship games.

Besides, there's a thread on here somewhere today about Garber and the MLS guys liking Canadian expansion because of the national TV deal they could get. It's an MLS thing, not MLSE, isn't it?

Maple Leaf Red
08-27-2008, 02:48 PM
You're on grass buddy.

CFL does draw over 500K viewers for their games.

Blizzard
08-27-2008, 02:58 PM
Yes, a disaster. But with CBC looking like it's going to lose hockey, they're going to want to keep TFC and soon the other Canadian teams, and the Canadian Championship games.

Besides, there's a thread on here somewhere today about Garber and the MLS guys liking Canadian expansion because of the national TV deal they could get. It's an MLS thing, not MLSE, isn't it?

CBC is strong with hockey for the time being. They signed a new deal with the NHL last year. It comes into effect this season and ends after the 2013-2014 play-offs.

http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/Hockey/NHL/2007/03/27/3844918-sun.html

Blizzard
08-27-2008, 03:00 PM
CFL does draw over 500K viewers for their games.

As of a month ago, the Argos on TSN were averaging 430k per game.

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/sports/story.html?id=67cad0a7-fe62-453f-8ccd-764f55722071&p=1

Shakes McQueen
08-27-2008, 03:04 PM

So, your idea is to give up on expanding the viewership of TFC games, and just put it in it's own premium channel that allows already-fans to watch the matches?

How is that beneficial for anyone?

Preaching to the choir, rather than trying to attract new fans, is the opposite of a sound business decision.

- Scott

Maple Leaf Red
08-27-2008, 03:36 PM
As of a month ago, the Argos on TSN were averaging 430k per game.
The average might be lower but they do get audiences of over 500K regularly.

Blizzard
08-27-2008, 03:40 PM
The average might be lower but they do get audiences of over 500K regularly.

I wasn't disagreeing with you, just putting up a number (and source) that was quite close to your number (except I forgot the source and have now edited it into my orignal post).

http://www.canada.com/calgaryherald/news/sports/story.html?id=67cad0a7-fe62-453f-8ccd-764f55722071&p=1

Here is a more recent article dated Aug. 9th. TSN draws 394k per game while RDS draws 225k per game. Obviously those number can be combined for many games a they would be seen on both networks. That RDS number is particularly impressive.

http://www.edmontonsun.com/Sports/Football/2008/08/09/6394851-sun.html

jloome
08-27-2008, 04:24 PM
Blizz, again, you're continuing the retarded assumption in this thread that getting TFC on setanta would mean losing it everywhere else.

What's wrong with replaying games on Setanta, which is what this thread is actually about? Anyone? Facts? Cogent arguments?

RPB_Brantford_08
08-27-2008, 04:29 PM
Blizz, again, you're continuing the retarded assumption in this thread that getting TFC on setanta would mean losing it everywhere else.

What's wrong with replaying games on Setanta, which is what this thread is actually about? Anyone? Facts? Cogent arguments?

the good thing is if for some reason while you are at the game and your vcr/dvd goes off you can always catch a reply on setanta which CBC,sportsnet and the score don't provide.

boban
08-27-2008, 04:44 PM

Maybe I am reading it wrong but the original poster states :
"I hope they (Setanta) do some live matches next season."

Shakes McQueen
08-27-2008, 04:48 PM

Most people were responding to what RPB_Brantford said in the second post - that TFC should be broadcast on Setanta INSTEAD OF CBC, RSN, and The Score.

There isn't really much of a controversy to talk about, as far as re-broadcasting TFC games on Setanta goes. That is a good thing, no matter what.

Any additional coverage, is always good coverage.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
08-27-2008, 04:49 PM
Maybe I am reading it wrong but the original poster states :
"I hope they (Setanta) do some live matches next season."

I suppose they could always do a simulcast, though I don't think TFC's television audience is big enough to support needlessly splitting the viewership like that :D

- Scott

RPB_Brantford_08
08-27-2008, 05:26 PM

a highlight show and a TFC taped game is enough Canadian content. The problem with the CRTC is that they really don't know how bad Canadian television is. you look at all the canadian channels carry US shows, if the crtc was really caring for canadian content they would make all canadian
network stations have canadian content shows in prime time from7pm-11pm,but that will never happen as Canadians would go to the FTA satilitte systems to see the shows they want to see 90% US. These new
canadian sports channels cbc, tsn2, will just show the same stuff the have in the past, curling, figure skating, etc hardly what real sports fans want to see.

Blizzard
08-27-2008, 06:01 PM

Have you not read the thread from the start J?

TFC on Setanta?

Blizzard
08-27-2008, 06:02 PM
Most people were responding to what RPB_Brantford said in the second post - that TFC should be broadcast on Setanta INSTEAD OF CBC, RSN, and The Score.

There isn't really much of a controversy to talk about, as far as re-broadcasting TFC games on Setanta goes. That is a good thing, no matter what.

Any additional coverage, is always good coverage.

- Scott

Yes, absolutely. The more repeats the better! I'm frustrated that I can't watch repeats of Sportsnet and Score broadcasts on the net.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-27-2008, 07:34 PM
Yes, absolutely. The more repeats the better! I'm frustrated that I can't watch repeats of Sportsnet and Score broadcasts on the net.

sportsnet way back in their early day used to repeat games, they they decided to run non stop highlight show between 11pm-7am which made
for viewers.

Blizzard
08-27-2008, 09:39 PM
sportsnet way back in their early day used to repeat games, they they decided to run non stop highlight show between 11pm-7am which made
for viewers.

TSN back in their early days did so as well. The Leafs were a good hockey team in those days (I seem to recall but maybe I'm hallucinating) so it was nice to be able to come home late and watch the game.

I miss those days.

Now they air dog shows and poker.

Shakes McQueen
08-27-2008, 09:47 PM
TSN back in their early days did so as well. The Leafs were a good hockey team in those days (I seem to recall but maybe I'm hallucinating) so it was nice to be able to come home late and watch the game.

I miss those days.

The poker show trend is the worst thing to happen to television since Survivor.

Seriously, who watches people play poker?

- Scott

RPB_Brantford_08
08-27-2008, 09:52 PM

I miss those days.

i think your hallucinating,,,the leafs were never good...lucky mabe but never good. These new channels are not going to be soccer friendly
going by the networks past history, thats why TFC should get a TFC channel going or Setanta. Lets be honest if TFC were not around would CBC have covered the CCL game between the impact and real tonight?
don;t think so.

TFC-Tyler
08-27-2008, 10:04 PM
cbc, tsn2, will just show the same stuff the have in the past, curling, figure skating, etc hardly what real sports fans want to see.
How arrogant and 'misguided' can you be? They show hockey and those things because guess what? They get the best ratings! But you'd know what's better to play over televsion stations and tv ratings.

Oh, and what the hell is a real sports fan? You need to realise your opinion is far from fact, to be honest it's usually the opposite.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-27-2008, 10:08 PM
How arrogant and 'misguided' can you be? They show hockey and those things because guess what? They get the best ratings! But you'd know what's better to play over televsion stations and tv ratings.

Oh, and what the hell is a real sports fan? You need to realise your opinion is far from fact, to be honest it's usually the opposite.

just like yours...if your a hockey fan you should be on a hockey site..right?:p besides can you prove they won;'t show those loser sports?

Bluenose13
08-27-2008, 10:12 PM

Just use the ignore button for him ;)

Much better for the blood pressure :D

RPB_Brantford_08
08-27-2008, 10:16 PM
Just use the ignore button for him ;)

Much better for the blood pressure :D

thanks for the kind words... but really why on earth would anyone want soccer on tv when they stick TFC games behind Leaf games as will happen when the team goes to San Jose...we get a delayed version,
and as far as i checked its not on bold, so we have to wait till the dim leafs, and the second NHIC doubleheader to finish,,great soccer promoting.

Bluenose13
08-27-2008, 10:22 PM
^^At this point that's pure speculation.

If the trade off is 1 or 2 delayed TFC games on a country wide open to everyone channel like CBC, giving TFC the best chance to draw a large audience vs a pay channel on digital that may be hard to get in some areas.

I would stay with CBC & give the sport & the team the best chance for growth.

ag futbol
08-27-2008, 10:23 PM
The main thing TFC needs right now is more viewers.

Sentanta will not bring that, at all. The marginal value of subscriptions is nothing compared to a larger advertising pot, which is what management is ultimately hoping for I'm sure.

The ratings for these niche channels is very very bad.

TFC-Tyler
08-27-2008, 10:28 PM
just like yours...if your a hockey fan you should be on a hockey site..right?:p besides can you prove they won;'t show those loser sports?
Coming from you means nothing.

So I cant be a soccer fan and a hockey fan? So because I love soccer, but I love hockey too you're ordering me to post on a hockey forum? No thanks.

And yeah, they arent loser sports. How do you feel about people who call soccer a loser sport? Exactly. The fact that you seemingly hate everything but soccer is pathetic.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-27-2008, 10:30 PM
^^At this point that's pure speculation.

If the trade off is 1 or 2 delayed TFC games on a country wide open to everyone channel like CBC, giving TFC the best chance to draw a large audience vs a pay channel on digital that may be hard to get in some areas.

I would stay with CBC & give the sport & the team the best chance for growth.

But how long will the CBC stay with TFC?they have a track record of showing football when it suits them, not for their love of the game?

TFC-Tyler
08-27-2008, 10:31 PM
thanks for the kind words... but really why on earth would anyone want soccer on tv when they stick TFC games behind Leaf games as will happen when the team goes to San Jose...we get a delayed version,
and as far as i checked its not on bold, so we have to wait till the dim leafs, and the second NHIC doubleheader to finish,,great soccer promoting.
So they should cancel the FAR more popular hockey games, and lose millions of viewers to show a Toronto FC game to appease you?

RPB_Brantford_08
08-27-2008, 10:31 PM
Coming from you means nothing.

So I cant be a soccer fan and a hockey fan? So because I love soccer, but I love hockey too you're ordering me to post on a hockey forum? No thanks.

And yeah, they arent loser sports. How do you feel about people who call soccer a loser sport? Exactly. The fact that you seemingly hate everything but soccer is pathetic.

curling is not a sport its a cure for sleeping problems, figure skating-drama queen and gay guys. Poker...real sport there..why not add
pro wrestling....

Bluenose13
08-27-2008, 10:32 PM
But how long will the CBC stay with TFC?they have a track record of showing football when it suits them, not for their love of the game?
Who cares?......That shouldn't be a factor, if it's profitable they will stay & if not we will have bigger problems.

We need viewership & CBC is the best option for that.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-27-2008, 10:33 PM
So they should cancel the FAR more popular hockey games, and lose millions of viewers to show a Toronto FC game to appease you?

No just give the TFC game to a network that will give it it;s proper coverage that is due.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-27-2008, 10:34 PM
Who cares?......That shouldn't be a factor, if it's profitable they will stay & if not we will have bigger problems.

with people so blinded by hockey:rolleyes: hows the viewership going to increase, if it's not chasing a black toilet puck around most Canadian don't care.

boban
08-27-2008, 10:53 PM

Thought you put him on ignore lol

Bluenose13
08-27-2008, 10:58 PM
Thought you put him on ignore lol
I have to keep an eye on him or I would ;)

TFC-Tyler
curling is not a sport its a cure for sleeping problems, figure skating-drama queen and gay guys. Poker...real sport there..why not add
pro wrestling....
Soccer is a sport for diving queers.

I dont believe that, but I just want you to see how stupid you sound. Dont be an ignorant douche and hate on every sport other than soccer. Judging by your butchery of the english language, and your gay bashing you must be about 12 years old.

BeachRed
No just give the TFC game to a network that will give it it;s proper coverage that is due.

I don't know, people keep telling me hockey in the USA on some weird cable channel is fine, but I can't see it as good for the sport. It woudn't be good for soccer in Canada, either.

But anyway, that's not what's going to happen. Soccer will continue to grow in Canada and TV ratings will continue to improve. TFC, Montreal, Vancouver - they'll all be in the MLS and on the full CBC soon enough.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-28-2008, 09:20 AM
I don't know, people keep telling me hockey in the USA on some weird cable channel is fine, but I can't see it as good for the sport. It woudn't be good for soccer in Canada, either.

But anyway, that's not what's going to happen. Soccer will continue to grow in Canada and TV ratings will continue to improve. TFC, Montreal, Vancouver - they'll all be in the MLS and on the full CBC soon enough.

I agree Montreal wil be in soon...Vancouver not so....TFC in year 2 you
think the ratings would have gone up a bit.

boban
08-28-2008, 09:28 AM
TFC in year 2 you
think the ratings would have gone up a bit.
TFC in year you'd think the team would be better and more pleasant to watch.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-28-2008, 09:32 AM
TFC in year you'd think the team would be better and more pleasant to watch.

they have been, plays better, passing is improved, we have had at least one more win then last year,,,,were doing all right.

Roogsy
08-28-2008, 09:36 AM
The poker show trend is the worst thing to happen to television since Survivor.

Seriously, who watches people play poker?

- Scott

*Embarrassingly puts his hand up...*

But really...it shouldn't be on a sports channel. Thats just silly. I normally watch it on CityTV or something like that...

But regarding TFC, putting a live game on a specialty channel like this is stupid. Businesswise it doesn't make any sense. Most of the viewers that would be watching it on Setanta would also watch it on CBC or Sportsnet...but you would lose the "casual" viewer who doesn't want to pay the $15 for Setanta. Way to limit your audience!

So live game=bad idea. Repeat? I am down with that.

Blizzard
08-28-2008, 01:27 PM
i think your hallucinating,,,the leafs were never good...lucky mabe but never good. These new channels are not going to be soccer friendly
going by the networks past history, thats why TFC should get a TFC channel going or Setanta. Lets be honest if TFC were not around would CBC have covered the CCL game between the impact and real tonight?
don;t think so.

No, those were the Pat Burns days. A quality team led by Doug Gilmour with two appearances in the final four. Nice memories.

Blizzard
08-28-2008, 01:29 PM
with people so blinded by hockey:rolleyes: hows the viewership going to increase, if it's not chasing a black toilet puck around most Canadian don't care.

So, you as a tv executive, to increase the popularity of soccer would remove hockey from your network despite the fact that people want to watch it.

I take it you live in a cardboard box under a bridge.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-28-2008, 01:42 PM
So, you as a tv executive, to increase the popularity of soccer would remove hockey from your network despite the fact that people want to watch it.

I take it you live in a cardboard box under a bridge.

In this country i would put hockey night in Canada as a PPV item every saturday night..say $49.00 for a leafs game, and that would leave open TV space for football.

Fort York Redcoat
08-28-2008, 02:02 PM
In this country i would put hockey night in Canada as a PPV item every saturday night..say $49.00 for a leafs game, and that would leave open TV space for football.

:rofl: Make it happen Bhoy!

Blizzard
08-28-2008, 02:21 PM

LOL. That's hilarious. One word .... thorazine. :D

RPB_Brantford_08
08-28-2008, 08:46 PM
LOL. That's hilarious. One word .... thorazine. :D
considering how hockey is here and that was the only option to see a leafs game..it would bring in a ton of dough.

Stugatzo
08-30-2008, 04:35 PM
06:30 pm Scottish Premier League - The Full SPL (1st Air)
07:30 pm Summer Tour - New Zealand vs. Samoa (Same Day Coverage)
09:15 pm MLS 2008 - Toronto FC vs. DC United (1st Air)
11:00 pm LIVE News - Setanta Sports News

this is from the sept. 3 schedule. What DC game???

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-30-2008, 07:03 PM
I saw that too. I assume they’re just using old TFC games that aired on Sportsnet as filler - like the do with EPL games. A lot more sports information shows on Setanta out of the blue too.

Dirk Diggler
08-30-2008, 08:39 PM
I love Setanta and think that its worth every penny of the $15.00 that you have to pay but their picture quality is extreme shit and it doesn't seem as if they are going to improve it anytime soon. I don't even care if they don't broadcast in HD ... even in Standard Definition, the picture can be SOOO much better.... sometimes it feels as if I'm watching a feed off the internet .... extremely grainy.

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-31-2008, 12:11 AM
I find it’s differs depending on the product. Most of the EPL games look good to me. The SPL replays don’t look great, same for the Coca Cola Championship.

dag
08-31-2008, 12:20 AM
I'm seriously considering getting Setanta. I've only seen broadcasts in bars and I'd prefer to watch in the comfort of my own (new) home. I'm not a rugby person myself, but am willing to watch rebroadcasts of EPL games from that week if I could not see them live.