PDA

View Full Version : Four Wins and Two Draws.....

ensco
08-26-2008, 03:15 PM
...is what it's going to take to get in

http://www.sportsclubstats.com/USA/MLS/East/TorontoFC.html

Notice how if we get 4 wins and 1 draw, the odds of getting in drops to around 30% from 60%.

I think we need 4 points from Chivas, and a win against Columbus, to have any realistic shot at the playoffs. The schedule toughens up after that.

If we get those 7 points, we can maybe scratch out 2 wins and a draw down the stretch. Maybe.

Games Remaining

@Chivas
Chivas
Columbus
@KC
Houston
@NY
@Dallas
Chicago
@SJ

T_Mizz
08-26-2008, 03:17 PM
Why is there 9 teams in your playoffs?

ensco
08-26-2008, 03:19 PM
Why is there 9 teams in your playoffs?

???

We have 9 games left.

T_Mizz
08-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Ok sorry so I'm still hoping we go 6-2-1 that way we have no chance of missing the playoffs

TFCREDNWHITE
08-26-2008, 03:53 PM
Thats really cool!! I love that website!!

Beach_Red
08-26-2008, 03:54 PM
[quote=ensco;156905
I think we need 4 points from Chivas, and a win against Columbus, to have any realistic shot at the playoffs. The schedule toughens up after that.
[/quote]

Toughens up AFTER Columbus?

Still, 4 wins and 2 draws is possible. Be nice to win the three home games.

RealG-TFC
08-26-2008, 04:36 PM
@Chivas
Chivas
Columbus
@KC
Houston
@NY
@Dallas
Chicago
@SJ

I think we will win the ones in bold for sure.

Beach_Red
08-26-2008, 04:43 PM
and we'll beat Chicago, Barrett will score 2 goals...

Ossington Mental Youth
08-26-2008, 04:45 PM
we shoulda beat SJ first time around

giambac
08-26-2008, 05:37 PM

Notice how if we get 4 wins and 1 draw, the odds of getting in drops to around 30% from 60%.

If we get those 7 points, we can maybe scratch out 2 wins and a draw down the stretch. Maybe.

Games Remaining

@Chivas
Chivas
Columbus
@KC
Houston
@NY
@Dallas
Chicago
@SJ

4 wins and 2 draws from our final 9 games????

Let's see here. carver has us winning 1 game out of our past 15 matches. You want 4 wins and 2 draws??? :eek:

Ain't going to haappen.

We lost our oppoetunity vs KC at home way bacjk in June (remember international palyers on the bench)

How about the tie at home vs SJ expansion team?

how about the tie vs RSL

sorry we had so many chances and blew it.

ManUtd4ever
08-26-2008, 05:44 PM
^^ Optimistic outlook as usual, lol. TFC has a revamped roster that is capable of squeaking into the playoffs if the lineup remains healthy...

gtaguy
08-26-2008, 05:56 PM
International call ups next month are not going to help things.. we need to take advantage of this next game to keep in the race for atleast the final spot to go throught directly..
lets not forget this is only our second year... we are still ripe.

If we make it its becuase our lads really pulled a miracle out of thier pockets..

DVS
08-26-2008, 06:01 PM
Personally I think anything short of a playoff birth is a severe disappointment for this team if its a miracle or not to obtain it.

The support this team gets fans shouldn't expect anything less. Mathematically its a good chance TFC won't make the playoffs but noone said its easy to be a hard core fan.

If they don't make it I expect every supporter to give management and ownership heck because of it

jloome
08-26-2008, 06:22 PM
@Chivas
Chivas
Columbus
@KC
Houston
@NY
@Dallas
Chicago
@SJ

You think San Jose is a sure thing? Then you're not paying attention to what's going on the league. They just beat the same New England team we drew 1-1 by a 4-0 shellacking, and in terms of play it wasn't even close. They also manhanled Chivas on the weekend and were unlucky to get a 0-0 draw out of it.

They, along with the Shite bulls, have improved IMMENSELY from the latest signings.

That's a tough run of games, but it's possible. There's a lot of parity in this league, anything can happen.

RealG-TFC
08-26-2008, 06:25 PM
You think San Jose is a sure thing? Then you're not paying attention to what's going on the league. They just beat the same New England team we drew 1-1 by a 4-0 shellacking, and in terms of play it wasn't even close. They also manhanled Chivas on the weekend and were unlucky to get a 0-0 draw out of it.

They, along with the Shite bulls, have improved IMMENSELY from the latest signings.

That's a tough run of games, but it's possible. There's a lot of parity in this league, anything can happen.

I'm still not impressed. Remember at the beginning of the year?

Dc whips us 4-1
RSL whips DC 4-0
We beat RSL 1-0
We beat DC 2-1

gtaguy
08-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Personally I think anything short of a playoff birth is a severe disappointment for this team if its a miracle or not to obtain it.

The support this team gets fans shouldn't expect anything less. Mathematically its a good chance TFC won't make the playoffs but noone said its easy to be a hard core fan.

If they don't make it I expect every supporter to give management and ownership heck because of it

not to critique what your saying. But lets be fair to the managment and ownership who have worked thier asses off to give us the best product on the field, however as we all know. Its all about the grass thing were going through right now.
No Quality player wants to be here becuase of our field turf. Look at what the Canadian mens coach said about it in other threads:noidea:

RealG-TFC
08-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Chivas is looking weak against Tauro, who they trail 1-0 around 40.

DVS
08-26-2008, 08:02 PM
not to critique what your saying. But lets be fair to the managment and ownership who have worked thier asses off to give us the best product on the field, however as we all know. Its all about the grass thing were going through right now.
No Quality player wants to be here becuase of our field turf. Look at what the Canadian mens coach said about it in other threads:noidea:

I could handle that and say that a potential Mo Edu for Grass trade could be epic for this team

twistedchinaman
08-27-2008, 12:55 AM

Games Remaining

@Chivas
Chivas
Columbus
@KC
Houston
@NY
@Dallas
Chicago
@SJ

They're all winnable games -- it depends on what TFC team will show up.

But kicking Crack-lumbus, the Red Shits and the Goat Curries (x2) in the balls would be nice.

Shakes McQueen
08-27-2008, 01:36 AM

They beat a New England team, missing the heart (and best player) on their squad - Shalrie Joseph.

We managed a nil-nil draw with San Jose, after they acquired Huckerby, and in the midst of our horribly bleak slide to the bottom of the table. I'm also pretty sure we had lots of call-ups missign from that game, too.

I think the playoffs are a bit out of reach for this season, but I also think we are a much improved side from the signings this season.

- Scott

Carts
08-27-2008, 09:18 AM
@Chivas
Chivas
Columbus
@KC
Houston
@NY
@Dallas
Chicago
@SJ

Remember The Chivas game is the great roster decimation game... 8 guys or something gone on Int duty...

That'll be tough... We pulled off a Colorado win under tough circumstances, so not impossible - but it'll be a big hill to climb...

Carts...

kitchener-TFC
08-27-2008, 09:20 AM
Remember The Chivas game is the great roster decimation game... 8 guys or something gone on Int duty...

That'll be tough... We pulled off a Colorado win under tough circumstances, so not impossible - but it'll be a big hill to climb...

Carts...
What 8 are not going to be playing?

ilikemusic
08-27-2008, 09:24 AM
They're all winnable games -- it depends on what TFC team will show up.

Yup. Every game in this league is essentially a crap shoot. I would put our chances right now at about 50/50, regardless what the numbers say.