PDA

View Full Version : Ruiz is with TFC in Collingwood!

Blizzard
08-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Apparently he arrived on the red-eye at 7am this morning and pretty much got straight onto the team bus for Collingwood.

They were on their practice field this morning with the locals coming out to watch.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-26-2008, 12:06 PM
Apparently he arrived on the red-eye at 7am this morning and pretty much got straight onto the team bus for Collingwood.

They were on their practice field this morning with the locals coming out to watch.

good to see he arrived, now lets see bag a couple in Carson on Saturday
night!!

VPjr
08-26-2008, 12:17 PM
any word if he's already started diving?

Ladies Love Julius James
08-26-2008, 12:18 PM

Collingwood got some fine pools :)

Shaughno
08-26-2008, 12:18 PM
Word is he's completed a triple sow cow into a pike, followed by a double back flip off the high dive.

Nuvinho
08-26-2008, 12:19 PM
I am pissed I won't get to see Ruiz play at home on Sept 6th. Damn these international dates.

boban
08-26-2008, 12:21 PM
^^ Has nothing to do with international dates.

H Bomb
08-26-2008, 12:22 PM
Word is he's completed a triple sow cow into a pike, followed by a double back flip off the high dive.

Followed directly by the ever difficult left hand ankle grab right hand eye cover. :D

Oldtimer
08-26-2008, 12:26 PM

Carver got Guevara to stop diving (mostly). I'm sure that he won't put up with any of that stuff from Ruiz.

Nuvinho
08-26-2008, 12:29 PM
Carver got Guevara to stop diving (mostly). I'm sure that he won't put up with any of that stuff from Ruiz.

I agree. I know Ruiz's past, seen him dive and act a fool before. But I won't judge him based on his past. He has a clean slate now as a TFC player. For every 3 goals he scores, I will give him a pass for one dive...haha!!!

Damien
08-26-2008, 12:33 PM
He probably got excited when he heard the team was going to Collingwood and caught the early flight! :lol:

Shaughno
08-26-2008, 12:33 PM
^^ What if those dives result in freekick/penalty goals? ;)

Nuvinho
08-26-2008, 12:35 PM

Those are fine....hahaha ;)

Flashman
08-26-2008, 12:37 PM
He probably got excited when he heard the team was going to Collingwood and caught the early flight! :lol:

Ohhh, Collingwood....he thought you said Hollywood

Smenge
08-26-2008, 12:57 PM
Ruiz saw a moose at the side of the road and commented on how much that reminded him of his last girlfriend. He may like Canada after all.

Pigfynn
08-26-2008, 01:02 PM

They won't...the MLS refs know he's a cheat.

Bobo
08-26-2008, 01:02 PM
I agree. I know Ruiz's past, seen him dive and act a fool before. But I won't judge him based on his past. He has a clean slate now as a TFC player. For every 3 goals he scores, I will give him a pass for one dive...haha!!!

How many goals for a pass on a dirty elbow?

Keegan
08-26-2008, 01:03 PM
OH YAY! RUIZ IS HERE!

Damn I wish he jumped ship. He's just such a little bitch and way past his prime. I was listening to Fox Soccer Fone In and they were just ripping him up and saying they couldn't believe they gave 400 000 to someone who is so OBVIOUSLY past it.

Derko
08-26-2008, 01:05 PM

It's a 'Salchow' and he scored 2 goals, let's give him a 10 and welcome him to TFC. I will cheer him on as he is a TFC player.

ginkster88
08-26-2008, 01:09 PM
OH YAY! RUIZ IS HERE!

Damn I wish he jumped ship. He's just such a little bitch and way past his prime. I was listening to Fox Soccer Fone In and they were just ripping him up and saying they couldn't believe they gave 400 000 to someone who is so OBVIOUSLY past it.

We didn't give 400 000. The word is that LA ate a ton of his salary in the deal. Think Texas when A-Rod went to NY. They paid him $13 million last year.

dantdot
08-26-2008, 01:11 PM
OH YAY! RUIZ IS HERE!

Would help if they knew the facts, TFC is not paying him 400,000 for less than half a season.

Fort York Redcoat
08-26-2008, 01:15 PM
LA is funny. Ruiz could be another Cunny but he might not. Dichio can take his time and be a substitute.

Smenge
08-26-2008, 01:16 PM
MLSE is paying how much to a cast off new defenceman? 3 million per season? I don't know why so many people are concerned about the player salaries.....as long as they come in under the cap, MLSE has money to burn.......that is why they owed us a DP this season, for nothing else other than to show they care....money is NOT the issue....i don't care if Ruiz makes 10 million per season....has nothing to do with me, and that is still pocket change to mlse.

Jeffro
08-26-2008, 01:24 PM
OH YAY! RUIZ IS HERE!

The guy is 28 ffs. Anyone remember what everyone had to say about Barrett before he got here. Now a lot of the same people think he walks on water after 2 goals for us.

Broadview
08-26-2008, 01:29 PM
There's a lot bigger men doing better dives.

J8zLSGvV454

joel
08-26-2008, 01:30 PM
The guy is 28 ffs. Anyone remember what everyone had to say about Barrett before he got here. Now a lot of the same people think he walks on water after 2 goals for us.

Deaf Ears! Deaf Ears!

It is the modus operandi of this board to take an extreme position about things that have not happened and have not been proven just to have an opinion on this board, and then quickly change it once real results/info come your way.

Damien
08-26-2008, 01:35 PM
Ohhh, Collingwood....he thought you said Hollywood

Funny enough, there used to be a restaurant called Planet Collingwood.

Shaughno
08-26-2008, 01:37 PM

No shit. 28 is when strikers typically start to come into their prime as well...

Smenge
08-26-2008, 01:37 PM
Ruiz just got kicked in the balls by Dichio because he was on the practice pitch wearing his speedo bathing suit.

Richard D
08-26-2008, 01:46 PM
Once he dives once on the fake grass we have in BMO field he will be miraculously cured of his imbalance issues...

kitchener-TFC
08-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Apparently, he's gonna take on Despatie in 2012.

jloome
08-26-2008, 03:10 PM
OH YAY! RUIZ IS HERE!

Maybe we can get a thread going where we just repost the dumbest, most reactionary thread each day, in an attempt at shaming people into using that lump of grey matter between their ears.

1) Listening to Fox Soccer Fone In actually contributes to stupidity.

2) Who? Americans who think he just tried to decapitate Tim Howard? Gee, do ya think that -- based on his actual stats -- they may be somewhat lacking in objectivity.

A near 1-in-2 goal ratio (142 goals in 297 career games), captains his national team (where he's better than 1-in-2, with 39 in 78 games) and people think he's "past it" at 28. Oh, to be so "past it" again...

Shaughno
08-26-2008, 03:13 PM
Maybe we can get a thread going where we just repost the dumbest, most reactionary thread each day, in an attempt at shaming people into using that lump of grey matter between their ears.

1) Listening to Fox Soccer Fone In actually contributes to stupidity.

2) Who? Americans who think he just tried to decapitate Tim Howard? Gee, do ya think that -- based on his actual stats -- they may be somewhat lacking in objectivity.

A near 1-in-2 goal ratio (142 goals in 297 career games), captains his national team (where he's better than 1-in-2, with 39 in 78 games) and people think he's "past it" at 28. Oh, to be so "past it" again...

:rofl:

Duh, RPB know it all's have all the answers and Ruiz doesn't make their cut. ;)

James Oliphant
08-26-2008, 03:20 PM

Not to out myself or anything, but it's actually salchow (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salchow_jump).

Don't ask me how I know that.

:michael:

rocker
08-26-2008, 03:23 PM
Americans who think he just tried to decapitate Tim Howard?

i saw that video, and he even pulls back his foot and then stumbles off the field... he didn't touch the guy, and he even tried not to touch him, the evidence of which is the guy stumbling awkwardly away from howard.
howard didn't even have good control of the ball, so it was fair game... and yet howard faked getting hit by grabbing the top of his head..

James Oliphant
08-26-2008, 03:23 PM
^
Link?

SilverSamurai
08-26-2008, 03:26 PM
Not to out myself or anything, but it's actually salchow (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salchow_jump).

Don't ask me how I know that.

:michael:

Looks like "salt chow" (as in chowder) to me.
I'm gonna go w/ sow cow. Moo!!!!

Shaughno
08-26-2008, 03:31 PM
i saw that video, and he even pulls back his foot and then stumbles off the field... he didn't touch the guy, and he even tried not to touch him, the evidence of which is the guy stumbling awkwardly away from howard.
howard didn't even have good control of the ball, so it was fair game... and yet howard faked getting hit by grabbing the top of his head..

It was a semi playable ball, still dirty to go in on a keeper like that but I agree it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

rocker
08-26-2008, 03:34 PM
It was a semi playable ball, still dirty to go in on a keeper like that but I agree it's not as bad as people make it out to be.

i thought it was fair game.. Ruiz was running hard at the ball in close, he doesn't touch the keeper, and deliberately gets out of the way when Howard gets it. Howard was the faker, grabbing a part of his head that was nowhere near Ruiz's foot! hahaha

of course to the Ruiz haters, this will be just another piece of evidence that he's an ass as they talk about how "Ruiz kicked howard in the face!". hahah.

I would hope our strikers don't give up on balls like that!

Shaughno
08-26-2008, 03:36 PM
I thought he might have barely caught Howard, but I've only seen the play once. Sure didn't look as bad as people were saying regardless.

James Oliphant
08-26-2008, 03:45 PM
^
Link?

No link?

Shaughno
08-26-2008, 03:49 PM
^^ If I could search properly at work, I'd find it.

Oh, it may have been on one of those rumor sites..

Draracle
08-26-2008, 04:50 PM
I managed to loose my dislike for Ruiz. Now I can't wait to see him play. At 28, and with his history, chances are we have a goal machine on our hands.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-26-2008, 04:53 PM
Hes ours now.
Im pretty psyched that we have a player that is so hated.
I would love it if he scored regularly as well.
Itd be pretty amazing to be a hated team and win regularly (no columbus-o, fuck those pieces of garbage)

gtaguy
08-26-2008, 05:49 PM
no doubt in my mind that guevara is filling him in on the chemistry of the team.. the way Tfc likes to play and whats Carver expects of him.. Unfortunately even the best players in the world like to take dives to get calls... I do not condone the tactic but in some cases i guess you could say its warranted...

Im sure he will make an impact and if he doesn't then i guess we send him packing like they did with Robert

Nuvinho
08-26-2008, 05:58 PM
Ruiz is here!!!

Watch Carlos Ruiz on Weds at 11 am (http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp)

Carlos Ruiz joined his new team near Collingwood for his first training session Tuesday. "I'm very happy to be here," said Ruiz. "It is a good team with good coaching staff. Watch Toronto FC TV on Wednesday at 11 am ET to see the first interview with Ruiz.

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/images/2008/08/26/XjVD8ibD.jpg (http://torontofc.neulion.com/tfc/console.jsp)

James17930
08-26-2008, 07:26 PM
Deaf Ears! Deaf Ears!

It is the modus operandi of this board to take an extreme position about things that have not happened and have not been proven just to have an opinion on this board, and then quickly change it once real results/info come your way.

:lol: That's 100% percent true.

But it's still so annoying, isn't it?

God -- how many threads were there about 'Ruiz won't report, what a dick blah blah blah' All bullshit.

People -- we've really gotta stop talking all this stupid shit all the time. It makes us look like idiots. And I know some people will just say 'that's the nature of the Internet and forums,' but still . . .

Gobi
08-26-2008, 07:33 PM
Why the hell is the team in Collingwood? A wee road trip to cottage country for some fishing and beers? :) Nuts.

James17930
08-26-2008, 07:45 PM
Why the hell is the team in Collingwood? A wee road trip to cottage country for some fishing and beers? :) Nuts.

"We're going to Blue Mountain Resort, wherever that is."

- John Carver.

TheHollister
08-26-2008, 07:46 PM
Male bonding! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/HollyHobbit/manhug.gif <--Man-hug

bangersandmash
08-26-2008, 08:32 PM
No link?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNKT24WKkuw

starting around 40 seconds.

Gobi
08-26-2008, 08:38 PM
Male bonding! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v62/HollyHobbit/manhug.gif <--Man-hug
Awwww!

Blue Mountain is goodtimes.
But I still think they're getting trashed and picking up chicks.
Boys: back to work! I expect a win on the road this Saturday, so lay off the Coors Lite and wave pools.
:p

joeparezTFC
08-26-2008, 08:40 PM
Why the hell is the team in Collingwood?

Take a close look at the pic, and that's what I believe is the reason they're in Collingwood.

I'll give you a hint, it's green.

Detroit_TFC
08-26-2008, 08:47 PM
Take a close look at the pic, and that's what I believe is the reason they're in Collingwood.

I'll give you a hint, it's green.

{Sniff}, fresh mowed quality pitch :)

James Oliphant
08-26-2008, 09:16 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNKT24WKkuw

starting around 40 seconds.

Thanks...found an even better one (en Espanol)
8MgYH_2hhOk

Around 5:50. Good video...shows a lot of missed calls that should have gone Guatemala's way.

JonO
08-26-2008, 10:21 PM
Around 5:50. Good video...shows a lot of missed calls that should have gone Guatemala's way.
Wow - the handball in the box was a brutal non-call...

billyfly
08-26-2008, 11:59 PM
200 people showed up at the practice! Where does the support for this team come from?

I am continually surprised by the amount of love this team gets. Toronto till we die!

twistedchinaman
08-27-2008, 12:50 AM

Make it six and we've got ourselves a deal.

twistedchinaman
08-27-2008, 12:51 AM

Man hug?!?!?!

Hollister...!

James17930
08-27-2008, 01:05 AM
200 people showed up at the practice! Where does the support for this team come from?

I am continually surprised by the amount of love this team gets. Toronto till we die!

Imagine if we actually won something . . . 1 mil at the parade?

TheHollister
08-27-2008, 01:51 AM
Man hug?!?!?!

Hollister...!
That's what the emoticon is called!

James Oliphant
08-27-2008, 01:57 AM
Wow - the handball in the box was a brutal non-call...

Indeed...it wasn't exactly subtle.

Shaughno
08-27-2008, 07:40 AM
:lol: That's 100% percent true.

But it's still so annoying, isn't it?

God -- how many threads were there about 'Ruiz won't report, what a dick blah blah blah' All bullshit.

People -- we've really gotta stop talking all this stupid shit all the time. It makes us look like idiots. And I know some people will just say 'that's the nature of the Internet and forums,' but still . . .

Funny how people make shit up to try and back up their points as well. ;)

Once Ruiz was notified of the trade a day later, he asked TFC soccer boss Mo Johnston for an extension on his reporting date, which was to have been last Thursday, so he could wrap up some last-minute moving details.
"When he didn't turn up at the weekend, everybody was saying it was because he doesn't want to play on the turf, but that wasn't the case," Carver said.
There was even one erroneous report that claimed Ruiz wanted no part of the trade.
The fact is that Ruiz apparently couldn't get out of the L.A. circus fast enough after having a war of words with since-fired coach Ruud Gullit.