PDA

View Full Version : Season tickets 2009 what would you like to see added

RPB_Brantford_08
08-26-2008, 10:17 AM
keep the friendlies as part of the deal or Canada cup match tickets or
Canadian national team wcq tickets...assuming a another game will be played in TO in the next round? i went for the Canada cup, followed by, friendlies then the wcq, as we don't know if Toronto will even be considered if Canada qualifys for the next round. Anyone know when or ticket renewals are due by?

Nuvinho
08-26-2008, 10:26 AM
take out the friendlies and add the Canada Cup games.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-26-2008, 10:28 AM

the poll is a bit one sided at the moment...fans feel the same way.:canada:

TFC Via Buffalo
08-26-2008, 10:41 AM
Damn it. I screwed up and voted friendly. Make that another vote for the Canada Cup. Reading beyond the topic would have been a good idea.

mclaren
08-26-2008, 10:42 AM
it's been pollarama here these last few days ;)

NF-FC
08-26-2008, 10:46 AM
once the season starts there should be nothing friendly about football

mike_bouma
08-26-2008, 10:48 AM
Take out the friendlys and add my name to the top of the list for tickets in 112.

kitchener-TFC
08-26-2008, 10:51 AM
Damn it. I screwed up and voted friendly. Make that another vote for the Canada Cup. Reading beyond the topic would have been a good idea.
ditto

T_Mizz
08-26-2008, 10:52 AM
Mostly by Brantford too what can I say the guy must ove polls:hump::hump:;)

RPB_Brantford_08
08-26-2008, 10:58 AM

im the king of polland!!;)

RPB_Brantford_08
08-26-2008, 11:00 AM
once the season starts there should be nothing friendly about football

true but fans like to see different clubs from around the world, and since most league end when ours is starting thats the only way we get these games.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-26-2008, 11:01 AM
Take out the friendlys and add my name to the top of the list for tickets in 112.

get in line!!:D

AL-MO
08-26-2008, 11:02 AM
im the king of polland!!;)

Indeed you are.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-26-2008, 11:05 AM
Indeed you are.

:D im still surprised that thecanada cup tickets are more popular then the friendlies, thought it would have been closer.:noidea:

Parkdale
08-26-2008, 11:07 AM
for the most part, the CMNT will give you a better quality of play, and a reason to care.
Sure it would be cool to see some major international club play here, but if the stakes are zero.... it's hard to really care.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-26-2008, 11:11 AM
How can the CMNT give 16000 to TFC fans....it wouldnt be fair to the Canadian supporters outside of the TFC world!....

But i would like the CSA...to give the entire southend...to RPB and USEC to distribute for CANADA games at BMO! now that would gaurentee madness in the south end!

ensco
08-26-2008, 11:12 AM

Dream on. You're not thinking like a suit.

MLSE made an incremental $1 million on the two CC games. The friendlies are loss leaders. It'll snow in July before they give the CC games away.

The right question is, MLSE increased profits in 2008 by raising prices a bit and adding two new sold out games. What will they do to increase profits in 2009?

Methinks it'll be tough to add more revenue-generating games, other than via playoffs or CC qualification, so ticket prices are going up, by more than a bit.

Mark in Ottawa
08-26-2008, 11:12 AM
First I have to score season or part season tickets... but if I got em I would prefer Canada Cup games.

eustacchio
08-26-2008, 11:14 AM
First I have to score season or part season tickets... but if I got em I would prefer Canada Cup games.

I'm with you on that one

Ossington Mental Youth
08-26-2008, 11:26 AM
canada cup games instead of friendlies.
IF they have to have friendlies, have em at the start or end of the season as what happened with 8 games in 24 days is ridiculous.

GTA_WOLF
08-26-2008, 11:33 AM
I voted for friendlies from the standpoint that they have more value than the Canada Cup games (price perspective). I also have a sneaking suspicion that we might see Mo Edu back in TO for a friendly game (any chance MoJo might have set this up as part of the deal?).

Rochdale
08-26-2008, 11:37 AM
The Canada Cup is run by the CSA so it will never be included as part of the season package.

OneLoveOneEric
08-26-2008, 11:39 AM
Impossible to vote without knowing who the friendlies would be against....

wzhxvy
08-26-2008, 11:43 AM
Boys and girls...did you see the ticket price on those friendlies ??? Yeah they are not going away, no way in hell, I agree with the post above. But I would support adding the Canada Cup games, and first rights to your seats for WCQ games...not just any seats.

Btw, can they schedule their friendlies at a better time next year ? Not during the busiest time of the season ! That kind of planning would be appreciated.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-26-2008, 12:11 PM
Dream on. You're not thinking like a suit.

MLSE made an incremental $1 million on the two CC games. The friendlies are loss leaders. It'll snow in July before they give the CC games away.

The right question is, MLSE increased profits in 2008 by raising prices a bit and adding two new sold out games. What will they do to increase profits in 2009?

Methinks it'll be tough to add more revenue-generating games, other than via playoffs or CC qualification, so ticket prices are going up, by more than a bit.

with Seattle coming in next year ticket prices will go up by one game anyways, not abig margin, then Philly the year after. TFC should work with the CSA or vice versa to make sure TFC season tickets holders get the first shot at thier seats for Canada games.

Fort York Redcoat
08-26-2008, 12:13 PM
When I get my seasons I'd like to see preseason friendlies part of my package. I want Canada games and Champions league to have a different, seperate demand. Midseason friendlies are bogus to me. Many people just go because they have the tickets but if they had the choice don't really care about the away team. Then people who do like the team that don't have tickets make like there is a big demand. These friendlies midseason are to get other people interested in the game who wouldn't normally go. Well that number of people are getting smaller and I hope we can do away with them and have less midseason games to keep our lads fresh as can be.

Nuvinho
08-26-2008, 12:17 PM
If they want to do the friendlies, have them as pre-season games. Before the actually MLS season starts.

Tintin
08-26-2008, 12:27 PM
If they want to do the friendlies, have them as pre-season games. Before the actually MLS season starts.

The problem with that is you are limited with opponents since it is still the season in Europe.

Nuvinho
08-26-2008, 12:30 PM
The problem with that is you are limited with opponents since it is still the season in Europe.

Yeah, that is very true. Gotta see what leagues start around the same time as us, and see what teams we can bring over.

Fort York Redcoat
08-26-2008, 12:39 PM
I'd rather play smaller sides at the right time. Leave the friendly for the all star game.

OneLoveOneEric
08-26-2008, 12:39 PM
How about some international friendlies in the package instead?
best of both worlds, IMO -- no TFC involvement, so no extra games for them, but the chance for some quality games, provided they get good teams in.

Cashcleaner
08-26-2008, 12:41 PM
Too easy. Canada Cup matches. I'd even do away with the friendlies altogether if it means we can play more games in the NCC.

fetajr
08-26-2008, 12:45 PM
Free Beer coupons

Captain Croatia
08-26-2008, 12:46 PM
If anyone is not happy with their seasons tickets i will gladly get those off of you ;)

IF i did have seasons tickets i would imagine Canada Cup games would be added.

Fort York Redcoat
08-26-2008, 12:53 PM
Too easy. Canada Cup matches. I'd even do away with the friendlies altogether if it means we can play more games in the NCC.

you greedy bums.:) You STH's want all the games to yourselves. I like the fact that I was able to grab these all important tickets instead of the tablescraps I usually do from you guys. I'm also pretty sure I'd feel different if I was a STH.:)

stugautz
08-26-2008, 01:08 PM
I'm a bit biased since I'm not a SSH, but the last thing I'd like to see is a bunch of scalped seats where RPB's (including myself) could have been. The Canada Cup games were different that way. That's why I voted for friendlies.

mlsintoronto
08-26-2008, 01:40 PM
Here's what we're thinking:

15 MLS games
2 Canadian Championship games
1 friendly (same math as before - worth 2X a regular season match)
1 potential CCL qualifier (preliminary round only)

- if we do not qualify for CCL you get the money back - but this allows us to send you the tickets in advance with you ticket package. If we had beat Montreal this year we would have had a tough time turning around the qualifying match in under 3 weeks.

comments?

Thoughts?

Shaughno
08-26-2008, 01:42 PM

15 MLS games

- if we do not qualify for CCL you get the money back - but this allows us to send you the tickets in advance with you ticket package. If we had beat Montreal this year we would have had a tough time turning around the qualifying match in under 3 weeks.

comments?

Thoughts?

Seems reasonable. I'd rather get the CC games than a friendly. :D

Nuvinho
08-26-2008, 01:43 PM

15 MLS games

comments?

Thoughts?

Wow!!! That would be a great package.

GabrielHurl
08-26-2008, 01:43 PM

15 MLS games

comments?

Thoughts?

Sounds the best option - I like having the Canada Cup matches included - but I also like the idea of a "big name" team coming in to BMO to play us

egoodwin
08-26-2008, 01:46 PM
unless BMO gets grass before next round of WCQ, and assuming Canada advances, I highly doubt it will be here... it would probably be in Montreal

BC101
08-26-2008, 01:52 PM
^^^Aflac...

But ona more serious note i'd prefer the Canada cup tickets so I dont have to go line up with the Pleaps again and miss almost all of the first half.

Dave67
08-26-2008, 01:56 PM
Looks a lot better mlsintoronto. Just drop the friendly. I'd rather have a free beer or cheap water on days where the temperature causes Toronto to declare heat emergencies in summer than a friendly.

FluSH
08-26-2008, 01:57 PM
There was no option for grass...

ensco
08-26-2008, 01:58 PM
The Brazilian Campeonato starts in May, and the Mexican Clausura starts in late April, would one of their teams be willing to come up here in late March? Probably not, because of injury risk in the cold (and fear of the turf)

Could maybe play a J League team in late February or early March (the season starts the second week of March over there), but outside of these boards, who has ever heard of the J League over here?

Dave67
08-26-2008, 01:59 PM
There was no option for grass...

You want to receive grass with your season tickets? Sounds good to me :)

ensco
08-26-2008, 02:02 PM
mlsintoronto, am I correct in observing that you would be charging for 17-18 games (15 MLS, 2 Canada Cup, 1 CCF subject to a refund on one, if it doesn't happen?) and we would get one friendly?

Dave67
08-26-2008, 02:04 PM
mlsintoronto, am I correct in observing that you would be charging for 17-18 games (15 MLS, 2 Canada Cup, 1 CCF subject to a refund on one, if it doesn't happen?) and we would get one friendly?

I think the way it works now is the 2 friendlies are/were free to season ticket holders. My guess is that essentially the 2 CC games would be free.

arsenal
08-26-2008, 02:09 PM

15 MLS games

comments?

Thoughts?

Seems pretty reasonable. I will withhold full comments until I see the renewal prices .... care to share those? :)

Fort York Redcoat
08-26-2008, 02:17 PM
Damnit. Looks like the haves will have it. Looks like I'll be taking the Marlies "offer" this year and scrounging for scraps come the really important games.:mad:

Sonny Cheeba
08-26-2008, 02:22 PM
i'd like to have season tickets to begin with.

does anyone know how i get one of those "partial packs" or whatever they're called so i can get on the gold member list? do i just phone a ticket agent person when they go on sale or do i have to go through ticketmaster?

mlsintoronto
08-26-2008, 02:26 PM

It's a bit of a misnomer because we don't go out of our way to expose the math to the Season seat holder...we sell the package as a package - if you get my meaning.

It would go something like this:

Take a hypothetical seat that has a public price of $25 - Here's the price of the components:

$250 - 10 Regular MLS games x $25
$195 - 5 Premium MLS games x $39
$ 50 - 2 Canadian Championship games x $25
$ 50 - 1 International Friendly x $50
$ 25 - 1 potential CCL preliminary x $25 (refundable...but we gotta believe!)
$570 - Total Value for all 19 games

The season ticket price in this area would be $320 representing savings of almost 44%...so if you want to rationalize that the friendlies are free, go for it! But there are many ways to look at it. for the purposes of that CCL prelim game - we'd value that at $16 - or 1/20 of the whole package.

Hope this makes sense.

Bluenose13
08-26-2008, 02:33 PM
The package looks great......Adding in the CCL qualifiers is a big step forward :thumbsup:

Stencils
08-26-2008, 02:37 PM
Looks great. Now if I could only get my hands on season tickets.......

denime
08-26-2008, 02:37 PM
1 International Friendly can that be let say Ac Milan vs Liverpool instead TFC?

I personally don't want to watch TFC friendly in the middle of the season,injuries etc.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-26-2008, 02:40 PM
It's a bit of a misnomer because we don't go out of our way to expose the math to the Season seat holder...we sell the package as a package - if you get my meaning.

Take a hypothetical seat that has a public price of $25 - Here's the price of the components:

The season ticket price in this area would be $320 representing savings of almost 44%...so if you want to rationalize that the friendlies are free, go for it! But there are many ways to look at it. for the purposes of that CCL prelim game - we'd value that at $16 - or 1/20 of the whole package.

Hope this makes sense.

Looks great!!!...

Whats the status on the grass?? I hear the you guys gota a great deal on SOD in collingwood....and sent the boys up to bring it back! :)

JonO
08-26-2008, 02:47 PM
That type of package looks good... The stretch in June/July with 2 friendlies, 2 CCL qualifiers and the regular season games was brutal as a fan - I can only imaging what the players felt.

mlsintoronto
08-26-2008, 02:49 PM
1 International Friendly can that be let say Ac Milan vs Liverpool instead TFC?

I personally don't want to watch TFC friendly in the middle of the season,injuries etc.

if we did something like that, we could never afford that caliber of team and keep them at BMO (part of our rationale for expansion). For us to bring even two smaller teams would still require a much higher ticket price, and frankly - there is a reason other promoters aren't doing that kind of thing any more. They generally loose their shirts. I know its not what you want to hear, but we'd seriously be looking at an Average price of over $125 for those two teams at BMO. To include this type of a club vs club match in the Season ticket package would also be risky because those clubs do not know their summer schedules until roughly May or so.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-26-2008, 02:51 PM
if we did something like that, we could never afford that caliber of team and keep them at BMO (part of our rationale for expansion). For us to bring even two smaller teams would still require a much higher ticket price, and frankly - there is a reason other promoters aren't doing that kind of thing any more. They generally loose their shirts. I know its not what you want to hear, but we'd seriously be looking at an Average price of over $125 for those two teams at BMO. Including

I'll settle for EDU and HIs RANGERS! :)

I hear we were close to getting them here this year...but schedule did not suit them! any truth there

Parkdale
08-26-2008, 02:57 PM
if we did something like that, we could never afford...

wait?

didn't your company pay 51 million (http://www.tmlfans.ca/leafs-news/roster/123-leafs-2008-09-current-salary-and-cap-commitments) in player salaries to the Leafs this year?

yes, I know that's a different thing entirely, I just chuckle when I hear "we could never afford"

ensco
08-26-2008, 02:57 PM

Hope this makes sense.

It does. If I may ask a supplemental, how would that math have broken down in 2007 for the same hypothetical seat?

Also thanks for coming on here and doing this.

giambac
08-26-2008, 02:59 PM
This is waht I would love to see

15 regular season MLS games
8 argo home games..........(just kidding)

ensco
08-26-2008, 02:59 PM
wait?

didn't your company pay 51 million (http://www.tmlfans.ca/leafs-news/roster/123-leafs-2008-09-current-salary-and-cap-commitments) in player salaries to the Leafs this year?

yes, I know that's a different thing entirely, I just chuckle when I hear "we could never afford"

Now Parkdale, you're not playing fair. ;)

Leafs have revenues of well over $100 million, TFC has maybe $10 million

JonO
08-26-2008, 03:04 PM

Yeah Parky - need we remind you what the cheap seats at the ACC cost...

Although I get your point - it's not that they could afford to - it's that they could afford to do it and break even/turn a profit ;)

Parkdale
08-26-2008, 03:08 PM

so by that logic we could be paying $5.1 million to players (or one player) and still be in line with a profitable model?

ps. save it up for 4 years and get Messi for a season.

mlsintoronto
08-26-2008, 03:11 PM
so by that logic we could be paying $5.1 million to players (or one player) and still be in line with a profitable model?

ps. save it up for 4 years and get Messi for a season.

there are 45 sold out leafs games every season.

Parkdale
08-26-2008, 03:15 PM
you know I'm just MESSIng with you.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-26-2008, 03:17 PM
there are 45 sold out leafs games every season.

I just hope.....TFC dosent base its self on the Leafs way of doing buisness! ....As long as where selling out!......who cares what on the ice/PITCH..they'll fill the barn/FORTRESS!

Seriously

mlsintoronto
08-26-2008, 03:26 PM
I just hope.....TFC dosent base its self on the Leafs way of doing buisness! ....As long as where selling out!......who cares what on the ice/PITCH..they'll fill the barn/FORTRESS!

Seriously

no no no...I was only poking the hole in parkdale's MESSIng...his math was off.

mlsintoronto
08-26-2008, 03:28 PM
It does. If I may ask a supplemental, how would that math have broken down in 2007 for the same hypothetical seat?

that would require work...I don't think I'm up for it....

OneLoveOneEric
08-26-2008, 03:35 PM
What are the chances my ticket price increases by 14% again this year?
Serious question.

Frick
08-26-2008, 03:46 PM

15 MLS games

comments?

Thoughts?

I think this is a great idea.

Thanks for the info

rocker
08-26-2008, 03:56 PM
is there gonna be seat relocation again?
i'm annoyed by the aisle seat, and the people who come up and down every minute.

TicTacTabarnack
08-26-2008, 04:56 PM
for the most part, the CMNT will give you a better quality of play, and a reason to care.
Sure it would be cool to see some major international club play here, but if the stakes are zero.... it's hard to really care.

I agree... Especially when we're playing all our developmental reserves and calling up 3 randoms from the CSL.

Pachuca was a wicked game minus the result though.

flatpicker
08-26-2008, 05:17 PM
I'm totally digging this proposed season ticket package!

thanks for the info Mr. Mlsintoronto!

GuelphStorm2007
08-26-2008, 07:03 PM
I would not mind seeing the prices staying the same.

Oldtimer
08-26-2008, 07:34 PM
I love that hypothetical season package! The best of all worlds!

As long as it doesn't mean that seats in the SS are going up to $25. :eek: In that case, I hate it.

denime
08-26-2008, 08:57 PM
I love that hypothetical season package! The best of all worlds!

As long as it doesn't mean that seats in the SS are going up to $25. :eek: In that case, I hate it.

Not in SS,but 127 and other $21 tickets ,might be $25 next year easy.:rolleyes:

mlsintoronto
08-27-2008, 07:12 AM
here's some other stuff we're changing - I've pulled this directly from the Season ticket holder website we're building (and it is not final but you'll get the gist):

"
// CHANGES TO SUPPORTERS SECTIONS
Without a doubt, our fans are the most passionate in the league, and we can’t tell you how proud we are of that. In the last two years, we’ve learned that there are many different ways that our fans show their support, and in some cases, what’s acceptable for some fans - isn’t necessarily for others.

For 2009, we’re introducing a new Supporters Code of Conduct to make sure that BMO Field remains a place that can be enjoyed by everyone, and allows like-minded fans to support our club together in their own way. Sections 111, 119, 127 and the light grey area in 110 will now become designated ‘Supporters Sections’. In these areas, standing throughout match play will now be permitted, as well as the use of flags, banners, drums and streamers. Remember, these items require permission from the Toronto FC Front Office before they can be used on match days. All other sections will be expected to remain seated during match play, unless the excitement of the play suggests otherwise. If you have questions about this new policy, or how it will effect you – please call us at 416-360-GOAL (4625)"

Dave67
08-27-2008, 07:18 AM
here's some other stuff we're changing - I've pulled this directly from the Season ticket holder website we're building (and it is not final but you'll get the gist):

. Sections 111, 119, 127 and the light grey area in 110 will now become designated ‘Supporters Sections’. In these areas, standing throughout match play will now be permitted, as well as the use of flags, banners, drums and streamers. Remember, these items require permission from the Toronto FC Front Office before they can be used on match days. All other sections will be expected to remain seated during match play, unless the excitement of the play suggests otherwise. If you have questions about this new policy, or how it will effect you – please call us at 416-360-GOAL (4625)"

110 - Flags Banners Drums & Streamers :) and we just happen to have a 30 x 40 flag all ready for 110 :) Thanks Paul!

nascarguy
08-27-2008, 07:18 AM
thank you for the new info now when are we getting our grass....lol

GabrielHurl
08-27-2008, 07:20 AM

"
Without a doubt, our fans are the most passionate in the league, and we can’t tell you how proud we are of that. In the last two years, we’ve learned that there are many different ways that our fans show their support, and in some cases, what’s acceptable for some fans - isn’t necessarily for others.

For 2009, we’re introducing a new Supporters Code of Conduct to make sure that BMO Field remains a place that can be enjoyed by everyone, and allows like-minded fans to support our club together in their own way. Sections 111, 119, 127 and the light grey area in 110 will now become designated ‘Supporters Sections’. In these areas, standing throughout match play will now be permitted, as well as the use of flags, banners, drums and streamers. Remember, these items require permission from the Toronto FC Front Office before they can be used on match days. All other sections will be expected to remain seated during match play, unless the excitement of the play suggests otherwise. If you have questions about this new policy, or how it will effect you – please call us at 416-360-GOAL (4625)"

Just wondering - do many people complain to the FO about people standing in these sections?

OneLoveOneEric
08-27-2008, 07:23 AM
Why not the rest of the south end?

denime
Just wondering - do many people complain to the FO about people standing in these sections?

WHOOOO CAAAAAAAAAAAAARES !!!

nascarguy
i'm looking in to moveing from 120 the boring sec to 119 but only if i can stay in row 1. S that i can keep putting up my banners

denime
08-27-2008, 07:24 AM
Why not the rest of the south end?

What are you talking about,south is already supporters section? :noidea:

OneLoveOneEric
08-27-2008, 07:28 AM
^^OH. Thanks :) Misread the original post.

redcard
08-27-2008, 07:40 AM

"

Paul would it be possible to add this disclaimer to the back of the tickets? So that any new fans that happen to end up in the south end or the above sections know what they will be getting into?

nascarguy
08-27-2008, 07:52 AM
Paul would it be possible to add this disclaimer to the back of the tickets? So that any new fans that happen to end up in the south end or the above sections know what they will be getting into?
or a sign at the top of the sec.. who reads the back of there ticket not me hell i do not even look at my ticket i just print them off

boomcha
08-27-2008, 08:14 AM
I'm currently a gold half season ticket holder and hope to be able to upgrade to a full season ticket next year and this sounds great.

Oldtimer
08-27-2008, 08:25 AM

It should actually be on the seat schematic that shows up when people buy from the TFC website or Ticketmaster. (e.g. like shading areas where "standing is allowed.").

nascarguy
08-27-2008, 08:31 AM
It should actually be on the seat schematic that shows up when people buy from the TFC website or Ticketmaster. (e.g. like shading areas where "standing is allowed.").
or when you buy to ticket the sales staff sould tell you

RPB_Brantford_08
08-27-2008, 12:14 PM
nice to see the supporters section expanding, lets hope more supporters( no soccer moms) take use of this area.

Torcida
08-27-2008, 01:50 PM
Upper 110 FTW!

Rawkus_420
08-27-2008, 01:58 PM
I would like to see a seasons seat in my name. So if anyone is looking to help out, raging reggie and I will be splitting on a pair, as long as we get them at cost in out names.

Rawkus_420
08-27-2008, 01:59 PM
Upper 110 FTW!

my friends sit in the back row of 110 and I often join them.......what does FTW stand for?? pardon e-ignorance

Torcida
08-27-2008, 03:01 PM
my friends sit in the back row of 110 and I often join them.......what does FTW stand for?? pardon e-ignorance
For The win.

Pretty lame, I know.

mclaren
08-27-2008, 04:09 PM
Great news about 110 - thanks Paul!

Ossington Mental Youth
08-27-2008, 04:46 PM

"

K i might be jumping to conclusions here but does that mean (judging by what im reading here) 117 will be a sitting section? God i hope not, ill be pretty upset as will most people in that area

Ossington Mental Youth
08-27-2008, 04:48 PM
perhaps this is in addition to the supporters section

AL-MO
08-27-2008, 04:48 PM
K i might be jumping to conclusions here but does that mean (judging by what im reading here) 117 will be a sitting section? God i hope not, ill be pretty upset as will most people in that area

No I believe that is addition to the the south end supporter sections.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-27-2008, 04:49 PM
fphew,
thanks, i freaked out then thought about it.
HAHAHA
its been a long day.

Shakes McQueen
08-27-2008, 04:50 PM
I'd like to see myself added as an owner.

Wishful thinking.

- Scott

Ossington Mental Youth
08-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Thats really dope for those people in those sections

dupont
08-27-2008, 05:21 PM
That is great about adding some more supporters sections... now I hope that they give the option for people that want to sit to move out of those sections and let people that want to stand move into those sections when we renew.

SilverSamurai
08-27-2008, 07:12 PM
I want to see me w/ seasons!
That's what I want to see!

SQUIRREL
08-27-2008, 07:53 PM
I hope I get seasons in those sections. I'm crazy about TFC and I have half seasons in section 120. I need to seat with other supporters. I had an amazing time when Vancouver and Montreal came (I was in 113) and anytime I get tickets in 115 I have a great time. Columbus was an unforgetable experience, but when I have to seat in 120 I have a good time because I love TFC but the section is quiet and I get yelled at for standing. I need to get seats with you guys.

stretchthetruth
08-27-2008, 10:57 PM
section 110 yeeeeeahhhhhhhhh!!!! flags, banners, tifos, etc, this is definitely a step in the right direction... thanks TFC FO

flatpicker
08-27-2008, 11:44 PM
111 gets official status!!! yay!!!

Not sure how much that will change anything... but at least it I can say I am part of the supporters section!

Brooker
08-28-2008, 01:05 AM
CMNT games wouldn't work because they have nothing to do with TFC.

Friendlies are a very depressing atmosphere which mean absolutely nothing. I do believe there is no such thing as a friendly, but at the end of the day the game doesn't have much meaning.

Canada Cup games are the best answer if you ask me. It should be a no brainer.

and it's about time they gave 111 and 127 supporter section status. btw, i thought 119 already was a supporters section. thats where the tribal rhythm retards are, right?

Torcida
08-28-2008, 08:08 AM
111 gets official status!!! yay!!!

Not sure how much that will change anything... but at least it I can say I am part of the supporters section!
It will definitely change a lot for me. No longer do I have to sneak flagpoles in only to have them taken away from me by security. No longer will I be getting a hard time from those who buy from scalpers and then get mad because I won't sit down.

Tyler Durden
08-28-2008, 08:13 AM
That is great about adding some more supporters sections... now I hope that they give the option for people that want to sit to move out of those sections and let people that want to stand move into those sections when we renew.

I agree totally.....with me being stuck up in 226, when I see people in the south end sitting and not getting into the chants makes me wonder why the FO didnt let the supporters sell the tickets to try and make the Whole south end packed with avid TFC support.....

the whole south end should be restricted to supporters, not families AND not SCALPERS!!!

Fort York Redcoat
08-28-2008, 08:29 AM
I've got some reserveations about the give and take here. On one hand you peeps lucky enough to be in the supporters section are protected but this official status will mean a possible rise in enforcement of sitting outside those sections. Next season I predict more and not less people being escorted out of the stadium for standing in the larger prawn section. ( I include myself, of course.)

OneLoveOneEric
08-28-2008, 08:30 AM
^^That's what I thought the second I read that post. As soon as you write something down, there are no grey areas (no pun intended), which certainly cuts both ways.

Shaughno
08-28-2008, 10:10 AM
So...

http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/imgs/tickets/ssh/bmo_field_map.jpg
http://toronto.fc.mlsnet.com/t280/imgs/tickets/ssh/pantone_300.gif RENEWAL PRICE$1600*$1220 $880$580$320$280New Season Price $1640*$1260$920$620$360$320Youth Season Pricen/a$980$600$440n/an/a*Additional Club Fee Applies SINGLE GAME PRICESRegular MLS Game (10)$88$70$55$35$25$23Premium Game (5)$112$82$61$46$39$37International Friendly (1)$176$140$110$70$50$46Canada Cup (2)$88$70$55$35$25$23All prices include GST + PST* If we don't qualify for this round, you can tell us where you want to apply your credit

You're telling me in 2 years my seats have gone up 40%

Wow. In another year or two I won't even be able to afford my seats anymore. yay, it's like supporting United all over again.

canadian_bhoy
08-28-2008, 10:18 AM
Seriously. 40% in 2 years - that's basically gouging if you ask me. Sure - at $200, it doesn't seem like a big deal to pay 30 or 40 more - but this is only year 2.

I still don't understand how TFC says that sales of tickets/jersey's/beer continue to exceed their expectations, yet they have to raise prices to offset costs???

A "sorry we've been in last place 2 years in a row and still don't have a DP yet you have continued to show unrivaled support - so we're not raising ticket prices this year"
would be nice.

So...

You're telling me in 2 years my seats have gone up 40%

Wow. In another year or two I won't even be able to afford my seats anymore. yay, it's like supporting United all over again.

Shaughno
08-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Seriously. 40% in 2 years - that's basically gouging if you ask me. Sure - at $200, it doesn't seem like a big deal to pay 30 or 40 more - but this is only year 2.

I still don't understand how TFC says that sales of tickets/jersey's/beer continue to exceed their expectations, yet they have to raise prices to offset costs???

A "sorry we've been in last place 2 years in a row and still don't have a DP yet you have continued to show unrivaled support - so we're not raising ticket prices this year"
would be nice.

QFFT!

Sorry, there has not been a single reason to justify this price hike.

canadian_bhoy
08-28-2008, 10:26 AM
QFFT!

Sorry, there has not been a single reason to justify this price hike.

16,000 season ticket holders - a few thousand on a waiting list.

Why are they charging more - because they can.

Its BS and you won't hear any justfication for it because there isn't any.

I don't really blame the TFC FO - I blame their higher ups in MLSE, I'm sure they want to squeeze every ounce of juice they can out of what so far (on the field) has been a lemon.

mclaren
08-28-2008, 10:52 AM
These kind of increases could lead to the long, slow death of TFC. When they realise it, it will be too late and all the real supporters will be gone because they're priced out.

Shaughno
08-28-2008, 10:54 AM
Eg fucking ZACTLY!

ilikemusic
08-28-2008, 11:03 AM
These kind of increases could lead to the long, slow death of TFC. When they realise it, it will be too late and all the real supporters will be gone because they're priced out.

Eg fucking ZACTLY!

The inability of MLSE and alot of people on this board to recognize this is frightening. I wont get ripped off for tickets and as soon as I cant justify the price I will give up my season tickets. I view myself as a fairly average sports fan in this city and I dont buy the arguement that there will be an endless supply of suckers..cough..sorry, people, willing to pay out the ass for a bad football team.

Before TFC came along I was perfectly content to enjoy my football on television from across the pond and after theyve priced me out of the stadium i'll be perfectly fine going back to that.

college st
08-29-2008, 11:08 PM
canada cup matches
amd a better fuckin half time show