PDA

View Full Version : BMO Field performance

Detroit_TFC
05-18-2008, 09:59 AM
Opening the gate at 3:00 was a good idea. Plenty of time to get food and beer. Also, my experience with the concession stands was good. I was able to walk right up and get my stuff with very little wait before or after ordering. Didn't see so many huge line ups for food as previous games. Did see line ups at some beer stations but that's not such a big deal to me since I got my beer with my food. Glad to see the improvements as promised - cheers BMO Field!

Redpunkfiddle
05-18-2008, 10:03 AM
There were people lined up waiting for the gates to open for quite a while. Part of that may have been the change in the start time, but I think opening an hour and a half at least before the game is better. More time for people to come in, get settled, and yes, sink $$ into those overpriced items. What's not to like?

RedRum
05-18-2008, 10:08 AM
Still impossible to take a piss, go for a smoke, and buy beer at the half. They really gotta do something about there only being one mens washroom for the entire south end - that's where the problem lies.

Note to people in the south end: I noticed yesterday that there was an easy-to-miss beer stand right in the 112 corner area that consistently had virtually no line-up when others around it had huge lines. Seems like everyone missed it. Check it out next time.

TFC-4-Life
05-18-2008, 10:15 AM
The only thing that I didn't like was that gate 2 was not open so the line up for Gate 3 was very long. THe consessions were good this week, no wait time at all. I think that they are getting better.

Kevvv
05-18-2008, 10:20 AM
Still impossible to take a piss, go for a smoke, and buy beer at the half. They really gotta do something about there only being one mens washroom for the entire south end - that's where the problem lies.

Same problem in the west, and we have 3 cans.

graeme117
05-18-2008, 10:40 AM
another problem was the debit/credit going down at the half in the southend

sidvan
05-18-2008, 10:57 AM
Was there a difference in the way the parking situation ws handled? Fastest time ever out of the lot. Looked like the Gardiner west ramp was still open...any other thoughts?

deltox
05-18-2008, 12:41 PM
no....the gates should have open more than 1 hr before kickoff.

it took about 15 mins to get into the stadium.

my tickets say gate 2 .....but they dont even open gate 2 anymore.....so everyone goes to gate 3. theres confusion for new fans here.

heres a good money maker.....open the gate earlier....and let people spend more money sonner

Fernandinho
05-18-2008, 12:47 PM
i noticed now that along with beer vendors in the stands, they had snack vendors who carried popcorn, candy etc. Is this new? it was the first time this year i've seen that.

egoodwin
05-18-2008, 01:23 PM
took me less than a minute to get a beer in the stands before the game :)

olegunnar
05-18-2008, 02:37 PM
Was there a difference in the way the parking situation ws handled? Fastest time ever out of the lot. Looked like the Gardiner west ramp was still open...any other thoughts?

I think a lot of people have giveng up on parking at BMO and are parking on the other side of the tracks.
I always leave that way and I've never seen it that busy after a game.

mattd
05-18-2008, 02:41 PM
Quick question.....Why isn't gate 2 opening anymore? Twice this year I have lined up there to get in and staff standing there don't say anything to the people in the line until the gates everywhere else open up.

Red CB Toronto
05-18-2008, 02:51 PM
If you really need to take a piss, exit the stadium and use the food building, lots of toilets there.