PDA

View Full Version : First Mock Up of Philly's Stadium

Bobo
08-25-2008, 05:44 PM
Keystone Sports gets designs for soccer stadium

http://cll.bizjournals.com/story_image/202480-600-0-2.jpg

Keystone Sports and Entertainment LLC, the ownership group for the Major League Soccer Philadelphia expansion team, received the initial stadium designs from Rossetti Architects (http://www.bizjournals.com/philadelphia/related_content.html?topic=Rossetti%20Architects).

Rossetti, an international design firm with offices in Detroit, Los Angeles, Denver, Newport Beach, Calif., and Shanghai, was chosen to design the $115 million stadium situated along the waterfront in Chester, Pa.
The multipurpose stadium will be home to the MLS Philadelphia team making its debut in 2010, an expansion team for the Women’s Professional Soccer league team set to begin play that same year, and other sporting events and concerts.

“We were extremely excited to get the preliminary drawings for what will be one of the premier venues for soccer in the Americas,” said Nick Sakiewicz, the CEO and managing partner for Keystone Sports $ Entertainment. “These renderings blend a Philadelphia-inspired look and European style that we believe will complement the new development, as well as the existing infrastructure, to give the new team the perfect home. This design also takes full advantage of the unique riverfront location by bringing the outside in with an open top. Rossetti will continue to refine their designs over the coming weeks, and we look forward to sharing those details with our fans.”

The 18,500-seat stadium will be constructed at the foot of the Commodore Barry Bridge in Chester, 13 miles from downtown Philadelphia. The multipurpose stadium will feature an 11,000-square-foot club, 30 suites, and a special 2,000 seat zone for members of the Sons of Ben supporters club. Additionally, the new structure will have a waterfront park and plaza used not only for stadium entry, but also for city sponsored events such as festivals.

The new stadium is the centerpiece of a $500 million entertainment, retail, residential and commercial development covering more than 100 acres along the historic Delaware River waterfront.

justin
08-25-2008, 05:46 PM
damn that looks nice.

Angelo1405
08-25-2008, 05:48 PM
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f9/Chester_soccer_stadium_concept.jpg/800px-Chester_soccer_stadium_concept.jpg

was this too perfect ?

this was the original plan by the way...

rocker
08-25-2008, 05:48 PM
looks like all the other new mls stadiums (except bmo)

Wagner
08-25-2008, 05:57 PM
except it's not downtown....the key to BMO's Success....
it's the cool thing for those in their 20's and 30's....and the spin off is that their little siblings and cousins like it because the older kids they look up to like it....
finally getting away from the "Barney" the dinosaur / Raptors model...or the Jays logo with the smiling little genderless bird hugging the "T" - playing in the suburbs for the soccer moms that don't really spend much to support the team.

rocker
08-25-2008, 06:01 PM
ya, chester is actually a economically disadvantaged area outside of the city.
philly has three sport-specific stadiums right downtown... sadly they couldn't put this one there.

Toronto Ruffrider
08-25-2008, 06:06 PM
http://cll.bizjournals.com/story_image/202480-600-0-2.jpg

Looks oddly familiar, yet again.:rolleyes:

H Bomb
08-25-2008, 06:17 PM
lots of drunk people are gonna drown and die there

ginkster88
08-25-2008, 06:18 PM
It's possible that they are looking down the road at potential expansion. That original rendering has two tiers of seating and a very permanent looking roof. I bet that's what they have in mind if all goes well for the franchise.

Smenge
08-25-2008, 06:27 PM
Everybody gets a canopy except the place that needs it the most (us).

LucaGol
08-25-2008, 06:49 PM
Why the f*ck are all the SSS in the MLS the same....have some g*d damn creativity ffs!

SilverSamurai
08-25-2008, 07:01 PM
:eek::drinking::drunk::lol::piggy:
lots of drunk people are gonna drown and die there

jimiv
08-25-2008, 07:33 PM
Why the f*ck are all the SSS in the MLS the same....have some g*d damn creativity ffs!

Rossetti seems to use a basic set of drawings everytime, and somehow MLS always seem to direct their business to them. It makes you wonder who at Rossetti is related to Garber.

mdc 77
08-25-2008, 07:49 PM
Forget what it looks like, another MLS club making a mistake and building in the 'burbs. When will they learn? Is Toronto not good enough of an example of what to do?

Redcoe15
08-25-2008, 08:14 PM
Forget what it looks like, another MLS club making a mistake and building in the 'burbs. When will they learn? Is Toronto not good enough of an example of what to do?
It's all about land avaliability at the right price. There's not enough land avaliable in many U.S. cities to build these SSSs, and what may be avaliable doesn't come cheap. That's why MLS teams head out to the 'burbs to build their field of dreams, it's avaliable and it's cheap. It's the same situation in St. Louis, where Jeff Cooper has a stadium deal in place with the city of Collinsville, Illinois, just outside of downtown St. Louis, in the hopes of landing an MLS expansion team there.

On the upside for Philadelphia is that there is accessible transit from downtown Philly to the new Chester field (notice the pun there? :D) via highway and light rail, so that might not be too big a problem. And besides, they already have 5,000 season ticket deposits for two years from now. So I doubt Philadelphia Athletic (my choice for their name) will have trouble bringing in the crowds.

ilikemusic
08-25-2008, 08:14 PM
The big-box store, entertainment centre, multi-purpose, plaza setup for these new stadiums is not the right way to go and it certainly is not following the 'Toronto model'.

That said, most US cities dont have an Exhibition place type of spot that is begging for a new stadium like Toronto did.

Not much MLS can do I think. Oh well. More big-box soccer for the Americans.

Even with our erector set stadium we are going to be the crown jewel of MLS venues for a long time. There is nothing like a big football match being played at night with the bright lights of the CNE going on all around you, nestled right into the heart of downtown Toronto. It really does not get any better than we have it. :canada:

(well, grass would make it better ;))

James17930
08-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Concerts? <sigh> My only problem with all these new stadiums is how they're multi-purpose. Is that a stage at the one end there? Stages are so hideously ugly. And concerts ruin the grass.

boban
08-25-2008, 08:56 PM
Concerts? <sigh> My only problem with all these new stadiums is how they're multi-purpose. Is that a stage at the one end there? Stages are so hideously ugly. And concerts ruin the grass.
From what I read and renderings I saw the field will be surrounded by stands on all four sides.

ilikemusic
08-25-2008, 09:02 PM
And do concerts really do a whole lot of damage? They lay plywood or whatever it is over the pitch for the concerts. Wembley hosts plenty of concerts.

boban
08-25-2008, 09:07 PM
To be fair the stadium location is about 15km outside the downtown core.
Thats comparable to putting the stadium right by Hwy 427 along the lake somewhere.
This location is far better than RB Arena, Dallas' stadium, NE and a couple of others. Its one quick highway drive along the river.

NF-FC
08-25-2008, 11:58 PM
To be fair the stadium location is about 15km outside the downtown core.
Thats comparable to putting the stadium right by Hwy 427 along the lake somewhere.
This location is far better than RB Arena, Dallas' stadium, NE and a couple of others. Its one quick highway drive along the river.

and apparently there is a some sorta transit station near by. this should be minimum requirement. if you aren't going to build downtown, build near a light rail line. on a positive and related note, the revs are looking at land in Somerville, 5 min. from downtown Boston and right on a LRT line.

Cashcleaner
08-26-2008, 12:39 AM
What's that strange flat object covering the seats? Is that one of those roofs I keep hearing about?

Kidding aside, still looks good in the recent picture, though I agree that being so far out from the city centre could hurt them.

UltraSuperMegaMo
08-26-2008, 02:33 AM
Sometimes in the US cities downtown isn’t the ‘place to be’ like it is here in TO, maybe the location will work in Philly. As for the design, meh, who cares as long as they fill it.

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-26-2008, 06:56 AM
and a special 2,000 seat zone for members of the Sons of Ben supporters club.

I assume they'll have a great atmosphere since they will be able to select 2000 of there best supporters for there section!!

If BMO was ever to expand in the NORTHEND....TFC should consider giving those seats...To the TFC supporter clubs to fill them! Keeping them out of the scalper hands... and keeping the atmosphere in the supporter sections!

stugautz
08-26-2008, 07:47 AM
That stadium looks like it'll be tough to expand without major work being done. The riverfront end has no roof. Which end will the supporters be in?

boban
08-26-2008, 07:55 AM
What's that strange flat object covering the seats? Is that one of those roofs I keep hearing about?

Kidding aside, still looks good in the recent picture, though I agree that being so far out from the city centre could hurt them.
Do you not read??
It's not far out of the city.

boban
08-26-2008, 07:57 AM
and a special 2,000 seat zone for members of the Sons of Ben supporters club.

I assume they'll have a great atmosphere since they will be able to select 2000 of there best supporters for there section!!

'They' are not selecting anything. The Sons of Ben are already 3,000 strong.

boban
08-26-2008, 07:58 AM
That stadium looks like it'll be tough to expand without major work being done. The riverfront end has no roof. Which end will the supporters be in?
Closest to the street behind the net.

Beach_Red
08-26-2008, 10:23 AM
Do you not read??
It's not far out of the city.

I guess this is sarcasm, right? It's 20 kilometres from Philadelphia and maybe not in the "right" direction.

And, really, where are the parking lots in these mock-ups? The only way to get to this place is to drive.

It's really too bad they weren't able to build closer to the city.

NF-FC
08-26-2008, 10:41 AM
I guess this is sarcasm, right? It's 20 kilometres from Philadelphia and maybe not in the "right" direction.

And, really, where are the parking lots in these mock-ups? The only way to get to this place is to drive.

there is a light rail station a few blocks from the stadium

bangersandmash
08-26-2008, 10:44 AM

The parking is right in the foreground, under the highway. But seriously, real soccer fans take their yacht to the game, so the riverside access is the important factor.

boban
08-26-2008, 11:06 AM

Its 15 km from downtown core.
Which is like 15 km from yonge st. would be somewhere around Islington on the lakeshore. Now that ain't too far for you is it?

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-26-2008, 11:07 AM
'They' are not selecting anything. The Sons of Ben are already 3,000 strong.

hence....selection...the end will hold 2000......and if they are 3000 strong?

Beach_Red
08-26-2008, 11:47 AM
Its 15 km from downtown core.
Which is like 15 km from yonge st. would be somewhere around Islington on the lakeshore. Now that ain't too far for you is it?

I'm so close to BMO I'm spoiled.

I don't know the Philly area, this could be a great place. I'm planning a trip through the eastern US in October and Google Maps told me it was 17.5 miles to Chester from Philadelphia, which isn't too much, I guess.

I lived in Montreal when Olympic Stadium was built and it was one of those government plans to "help" an "econmically disadvantaged" area quite far into the east end of town. It worked for a while, but the truth was, most baseball fans were from the (English) West Island of Montreal and after the novelty wore off they stopped making the trip to an area of town with nothing else of interest to them (bars, restaurants, etc.,) to see a non-playoff team. I really believe a downtown stadium would have meant the Expos would still be in Montreal, so I'm biased towards downtown stadiums.

THe CFL Als play right downtown Montreal and that's really what saved them.

Now, it looks like Saputo Stadium is doing a lot of things right and Montreal has changed since the 80's and I really hope it's a huge hit. (though I still think it's too far from the West Island - a big market)

Smenge
08-26-2008, 12:40 PM
I snuck into msle head office and got a blue print of the proposed new BMO stadium:

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7713/newstadium0fz.jpg

ginkster88
08-26-2008, 12:43 PM
I think the most important thing to remember about BMO is that it is a stone's throw from the Exhibition Place GO stop. That is amazing for anyone who can take the GO to get to the grounds. Coming from Oakville, it's a 30 minute ride, 2 minute walk, and similar for people coming from other locales. I think that this above is the biggest reason for why its location "works."

loconet
08-26-2008, 12:47 PM
I snuck into msle head office and got a blue print of the proposed new BMO stadium:

ooh! we get sandy beaches and clean water too?, I'm sold.

Smenge
08-26-2008, 12:53 PM
yea...they are going to stick it in wasaga beach...that is why they are up there today....to check out the local talent, and the quality of the sand, to be used for a practice pitch......never heard of beach soccer?

loconet
08-26-2008, 01:05 PM
Looks oddly familiar, yet again.:rolleyes:

Yes yes, it does! (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goatse.cx)

http://loconet.ca/gfix/202480-600-0-2.jpg

Canary Canuck
01-20-2009, 11:19 PM
New pics from a miniature model.

http://www.mlsphilly2010.com/images/mls/stadium_model/medium/model_1.jpg

http://www.mlsphilly2010.com/images/mls/stadium_model/medium/model_2.jpg

Stryker
01-21-2009, 12:16 AM
^ Thats how BMO should have been done. Yeah yeah I know, nobody knew the team would take off like it did yada yada.

Sadly Red Bull Arena (http://www.redbullarena.us/) blows everything else out of the water and gives us one more reason to loave them.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8d/RedBull-Aerial-People_copyright_SM.jpg

icecoldbeer
01-21-2009, 12:20 AM
I always get Sons of Ben mixed with Sons of Bitches!

icecoldbeer
01-21-2009, 12:22 AM
^ Thats how BMO should have been done. Yeah yeah I know, nobody knew the team would take off like it did yada yada.

Sadly Red Bull Arena (http://www.redbullarena.us/) blows everything else out of the water and gives us one more reason to loave them.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=loave

...i don't love them at all

Stryker
01-21-2009, 12:29 AM
GAH!

LOATHE!!!!!!!!!

:mad:

flatpicker
01-21-2009, 12:44 AM
being jealous sucks!

twistedchinaman
01-21-2009, 01:08 AM
Now, where is the team's shirt?

Keystone FC
01-21-2009, 01:36 AM

Sadly Red Bull Arena (http://www.redbullarena.us/) blows everything else out of the water.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8d/RedBull-Aerial-People_copyright_SM.jpg
Yeah, the stadiums blows everything else away while the team just blows.
;)

Bender
01-21-2009, 01:41 AM
Yeah, the stadiums blows everything else away while the team just blows.
;)

Well they certainly need SOMETHING to be excited about... god knows it sure won't be for their team.

Keystone FC
01-21-2009, 01:43 AM
New pics from a miniature model.

http://www.mlsphilly2010.com/images/mls/stadium_model/medium/model_1.jpg

http://www.mlsphilly2010.com/images/mls/stadium_model/medium/model_2.jpg

A number of things (if this is exactly what the SSS will look like):

1. Nice to see the lights are on the edges of the roofs instead of the corners of the SSS. This should make it better for fans at the game and visuallly on TV should be better as well.

2. I thought there was going to be a special entrance for the SoBs but I can't make anything out on the model.

3. Does anyone else notice that there is no parking?

4. I wonder if they would allow any banners to hang from the bridge?

It's a good design all around. Can't wait to visit it.

The Kingpin
01-21-2009, 02:29 AM
A number of things (if this is exactly what the SSS will look like):

1. Nice to see the lights are on the edges of the roofs instead of the corners of the SSS. This should make it better for fans at the game and visuallly on TV should be better as well.

2. I thought there was going to be a special entrance for the SoBs but I can't make anything out on the model.

3. Does anyone else notice that there is no parking?

It's a good design all around. Can't wait to visit it.

That's a great thought... That would be quite cool.

rocker
01-21-2009, 09:12 AM
the design looks almost like Chicago's.
nothing original or special about it.

http://www.turnerconstruction.com/chicago/files_chicago/toyotapark_aerial.gif

flatpicker
01-21-2009, 09:20 AM
^ who cares about special or original?!

at least they get a couple of closed in corners and a roof!!!

Aaahhhh BMO... I still love you, you silly little half finished stadium....

SQUIRREL
01-21-2009, 09:40 AM
I have to say that is one impressive stadium. You guys can't deny that. I would love for BMO to look more.......complete???? If I can say that??? I don't know, it just doesn't look like it's finished.
- No roof
- No grass
- No seats in the corners
- No supports section (there is but there's a bunch of RPB's all over the stadium, were SOB will be in one spot and pretty intimidating)
- Only one side has a second level

Those are my points but in saying that we ROCK are little BMO field better than any team in the league and this is going to be our best year yet. I know people hate this chant but " THIS IS OUR HOUSE" like it or not and we will make it HELL for other teams.

That's my rant....am I excited for this year to start or what..lol..lol.

rocker
01-21-2009, 09:50 AM

at least we have a stadium ;)

if people in this thread are going to "praise" design, then they have to take the criticism that it's not a great design. It's cookie cutter. Philly's stadium is in no way some great or special or original design.
It's a basic stadium with even fewer seats than BMO (and everyone is complaining about BMO not having enough seats).

And the key point: it's located in a shitty town outside the actual city of Philly.

At least Red Bull Arena is unlike anything we've seen in MLS and has a roof over all 4 sides, which no MLS stadium has. So praise that, if you will. But Philly's stadium is boring. And if it gets built I wanna see if it actually looks like the model. ;)

tfcleeds
01-21-2009, 10:10 AM
Yeah the RedBullsareShite will have a nice stadium - shame they probably won't fill it.

David_Oliveira
01-21-2009, 10:26 AM
shitebullarena is going along quite nicely
http://www.earthcam.com/clients/redbullarena/

maninb
01-21-2009, 11:05 AM
Chester is apparently 90% BLACK! It'll be interesting to see what support the team gets from the locals and wether the white middle class and soccer moms would bother showing up in that neighborhood, wether it's close to the city center or not.

I_AM_CANADIAN
01-21-2009, 11:20 AM
Don't like the roof on that stadium, too high, won't help the atmosphere at all. For proper intimidation, this is the kind of roof you need:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/5d/Elland_Road.jpg

A lower roof amplifies and adds echo to the songs and looks pretty intimidating as well. :D I don't want BMO to turn into one of those new-age soccer mom-friendly stadiums.

Redcoe15
01-21-2009, 12:01 PM
Perhaps if we did on a road trip to Philly. ;)

Roogsy
01-21-2009, 12:11 PM

:lol:

Lucky Strike
01-21-2009, 12:13 PM
Perhaps if we did on a road trip to Philly. ;)

Ingenious. And if St. Louis gets a team, and the massive arch visible from the stadium, I'm sure we could hang a giant TFC banner, right? :D

Lol, just start labeling monuments all over North America with TFC stuff.:canada:

TorontoBlades
01-21-2009, 12:32 PM
looks like all the other new mls stadiums (except bmo)

really??? :noidea: ....home of the wizards

https://www.ticketreturn.com/prod2/TRImages/T-%20Bones.jpg

James17930
01-21-2009, 11:23 PM
But now the question is . . . is the Philly stadium actually going to get built? The ownership group has been waffling and sending out mixed signals, and I believe that, even though they've done the groundbreaking, it's been delayed to the point where it wouldn't be ready for Mar. 2010.

So . . . what do you think's going to happen?

Keystone FC
01-22-2009, 06:20 AM
really??? :noidea: ....home of the wizards

https://www.ticketreturn.com/prod2/TRImages/T-%20Bones.jpg

A new Wiz supporters chant:
Rounding 3rd
Heading for home
Come on Wizards
Score a goal!

It sorta rhymes.:rolleyes:

Keystone FC
01-22-2009, 06:34 AM
But now the question is . . . is the Philly stadium actually going to get built? The ownership group has been waffling and sending out mixed signals, and I believe that, even though they've done the groundbreaking, it's been delayed to the point where it wouldn't be ready for Mar. 2010.

So . . . what do you think's going to happen?

It will get built don't worry. Like I've said before this is Philly we're talking about. There will be alot of hewhawing but it will get built.
Also the Gov. of PA is Ed Rendell (of Philly) and he loves Philly sports and all things Philly:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ed_Rendell
So much so that he basically neglects the rest of the state. Pittsburgh had to grovel and beg for partial money for a new arena to keep the Pens in Pittsburgh.

Stryker
02-04-2009, 10:26 PM
You guys see the renders of Houstons new stadium?
What a shit hole. Absolutely no character in the architecture at all.
Also they're suposed to be sharing it with a college pointy ball team and we all know what that means.
No wonder DeRo bolted.

http://www.khou.com/video/news-index.html?nvid=328757&shu=1

rocker
02-04-2009, 10:43 PM
wow, that looks like a hunk of junk!

at least BMO has some character, and isn't a boring 4 sided lower bowl.
the only good thing for Houston is the location.

Canary Canuck
02-04-2009, 10:49 PM
I'll take a 3-sided MLS cookie cutter concert venue over this thing any day

Bender
02-04-2009, 10:58 PM
Yeah that Houston stadium is pretty hideous.

nascarguy
02-04-2009, 11:08 PM
kc team should move to St. Louis

Inklink
02-04-2009, 11:13 PM
WOW! That is garbage.

The Philly one looks beautiful BTW (I know it was posted in like August :) )

redcard
02-04-2009, 11:19 PM
and pointy ball lines will still be on the field...they will be sharing the stadium with the college pointy ball team....what a waste.

Hustle
02-04-2009, 11:59 PM
Yeah...the pigskin lines makes the MLS look ridiculous. Everytime they allow something like that, the stock of the league goes down. I can see a team just gettin on its feet havin to share in a pinch, ...but not when building a new stadium...

Toronto Ruffrider
02-05-2009, 12:09 AM
Wow, Houston really went all out on that rendering. And to think, I could have designed something better using MS Paint. Oh well, at least the stadium will be soccer-specific. Okay, maybe not.:eek:

tovan
02-05-2009, 12:34 AM
In my opinion, Saputo Stadium in Montreal would have had more character if it was renovated/expanded than the proposed stadium in Houston. At least Saputo has and would have even more of a roof with expansion. Its not how much a stadium costs that makes it a great venue, its the atmosphere in it that does. BMO isn't one of the nicer stadiums in MLS yet the atmosphere inside blows away anything else in the league. There's no doubt that an expanded Saputo would have been one of the most exciting places to watch and play games in.

How is Saputo stadium not good enough for MLS but Kansas City, San Jose, and the proposed Houston one are...? To me, nothing says Mickey Mouse league more than KC's stadium. The playing surface isn't even the right shape... what a piece! I surfed around online and found that a lot of the smaller club stadiums in Serie A aren't stellar by any means but they are still good enough for one of the best leagues in the world. MLS' stadium criteria/policy is a farce.

troy1982
02-05-2009, 02:55 AM
In my opinion, Saputo Stadium in Montreal would have had more character if it was renovated/expanded than the proposed stadium in Houston. At least Saputo has and would have even more of a roof with expansion. Its not how much a stadium costs that makes it a great venue, its the atmosphere in it that does. BMO isn't one of the nicer stadiums in MLS yet the atmosphere inside blows away anything else in the league. There's no doubt that an expanded Saputo would have been one of the most exciting places to watch and play games in.

How is Saputo stadium not good enough for MLS but Kansas City, San Jose, and the proposed Houston one are...? To me, nothing says Mickey Mouse league more than KC's stadium. The playing surface isn't even the right shape... what a piece! I surfed around online and found that a lot of the smaller club stadiums in Serie A aren't stellar by any means but they are still good enough for one of the best leagues in the world. MLS' stadium criteria/policy is a farce.

You do know that KC has a new stadium under construction, and the Houston render is just a preliminary render which most likely wouldn't be the last render

ccopela
02-05-2009, 08:42 AM
Although the Houston stadium is very generic and has to share with pointy ball, there is a positive: It's located downtown! Building a stadium is a lot like buying a house. You have a budget set and you usually either have to sacrifice location or style/size. In this case Dynamo sacrificed style/size to get their preferred location. I prefer this over the stadiums in the middle of nowhere.

BuSaPuNk
02-05-2009, 08:55 AM
^ That is true. Atleast there in a prime location. Would have been great if it could have been a SSS but oh well, the americans and their pointy ball. lol

jaahuuu
02-05-2009, 09:34 AM
and pointy ball lines will still be on the field...they will be sharing the stadium with the college pointy ball team....what a waste.
That should work out well, most college football game are played on saturdays, just like MLS games. Just something else to cause scheduling problems. So much for the SSS requirement, this league is a joke.

Keystone FC
02-05-2009, 10:17 AM
^ That is true. Atleast there in a prime location. Would have been great if it could have been a SSS but oh well, the americans and their pointy ball. lol

Plus, from some of what I saw it looks like there will be light transit (rail) going right by the stadium. That is always a plus for me.

Stouffville_RPB
02-05-2009, 10:20 AM
Sweet! Can't wait for a away trip.

ensco
02-05-2009, 12:15 PM
Any stadium that isn't 50% built already, my bet is that it'll never see the light of day

There is no money for this

rocker
02-05-2009, 12:39 PM
Dc United is being tempted by a Maryland county to move there:

http://www.gazette.net/stories/02052009/prinnew174342_32475.shtml

the good thing is it would be off a rail line.