PDA

View Full Version : TFC 10 years from now....?

RPB_Brantford_08
08-24-2008, 08:39 PM
What will happen with TFC in the Next ten seasons?

TFC USA
08-24-2008, 08:43 PM
Nigel Reed will become GM, Craig Forrest will be the goalkeepers coach.

Danny Dichio will be head coach.

TFC will have won the MLS Cup by then, only to fold because Bill Archer will have become commish.

Shakes McQueen
08-24-2008, 08:46 PM
I predict a few things:

1) We will have won at least one MLS Cup
2) We will still have the best support in the league
3) The entire stadium (not just the south end) will be familiar with a few songs by then (such as "Oh when the Reds...")
4) Mo will still be GM, essentially becoming the Sir Alex Ferguson of Toronto FC.
5) We will have a roof, a second deck of stands all the way around the stadium, and grass.
6) Danny Dichio will be our Coach.

- Scott

RPB_Brantford_08
08-24-2008, 08:46 PM
Nigel Reed will become GM, Craig Forrest will be the goalkeepers coach.

Danny Dichio will be head coach.

TFC will have won the MLS Cup by then, only to fold because Bill Archer will have become commish.

root beer will be the offical drink of BMO!!!

the top 3 are possible..if Bill archers is commish the league dead anyways,
make him vice president to hillary clinton.

TFC USA
08-24-2008, 08:50 PM
Toronto will be playing in the National Soccer Stadium, which is now capable of seating 50,000.

TFC also sign Cristiano Ronaldo, aged 33, who scores 9 goals for the club in his final season.

Jeff Cunningham returns to Toronto as assistant coach.

egoodwin
08-24-2008, 08:53 PM
Fifa Club World Cup, will never happen as long as we have the league imposed limitations, however one can hope things change drastically next CBA

Canadian Championship I can see happening, I figure this year that it was looked upon lightly... I seriously doubt we will see such lack of effort again in following years

I don't know about MLS Cup, but if we do get there, I think Dichio will be the coach to lead us to it

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-24-2008, 08:55 PM
i'll be sitting in the RPB alumni Private Box for the over 40's then...looking down at the new gereration of supporters.....thinking to myself.....there still chanting for GRASS...unbleievable! :)

RPB_Brantford_08
08-24-2008, 08:56 PM
Fifa Club World Cup, will never happen as long as we have the league imposed limitations, however one can hope things change drastically next CBA

Canadian Championship I can see happening, I figure this year that it was looked upon lightly... I seriously doubt we will see such lack of effort again in following years

I don't know about MLS Cup, but if we do get there, I think Dichio will be the coach to lead us to it

i would like to see Dichio as youth team manager 0r a U-21 manger
of a TFC team in the USL...

Shakes McQueen
08-24-2008, 08:56 PM

The next CBA negotiations are going to be critical to the MLS gaining some respectability, and new international talent.

The current cap limitations, and all of the weird ass rules regarding "allocation", discovery, returning players, and so on, I believe are seriously hurting the league as a whole.

So is the lack of adherence to the FIFA calendar.

The league has grown and changed a lot since the last CBA. I hope they let MLS know that at the table.

- Scott

RPB_RED_NATION_RPB
08-24-2008, 08:58 PM
The next CBA negotiations are going to be critical to the MLS gaining some respectability, and new international talent.

The current cap limitations, and all of the weird ass rules regarding "allocation", discovery, returning players, and so on, I believe are seriously hurting the league as a whole.

So is the lack of adherence to the FIFA calendar.

The league has grown and changed a lot since the last CBA. I hope they let MLS know that at the table.

- Scott

mabey Becks will become commish! and getr done right!:D

twistedchinaman
08-24-2008, 08:58 PM
In 10 years:

1) Dichio will be the head coach
2) At least 1 MLS Cup, Canada Cup and Eastern Conference championship
3) The team will have played at least one game in Western Canada outside of Vancouver (ergo, Calgary or Edmonton)

adampz
08-24-2008, 09:10 PM
In 10 years, i hope i move to another country

TFC USA
08-24-2008, 09:15 PM
The Columbus Crew gets a record attendance of 460, 390 of them TFC fans as we stomp on them 3-1.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-24-2008, 09:19 PM
The Columbus Crew gets a record attendance of 460, 390 of them TFC fans as we stomp on them 3-1.

:D:D

Kickit09
08-24-2008, 09:22 PM
the only thing you can guarantee we will have in 10 years is the highest ticket prices in the league.

sorry for being negative but its true.... and you all know it.

rocker
08-24-2008, 09:23 PM

you mean the New York Crew, situated in their nice 30000 seat stadium in Queens, next to the new Shea.

egoodwin
08-24-2008, 10:24 PM
i would like to see Dichio as youth team manager 0r a U-21 manger
of a TFC team in the USL...
I don't see USL1 existing in 10 years... with Seattle, Montreal, Vancouver, and possibly Portland all gone from USL and no rumours of any cities dying to get a USL1 team, it probably won't last much longer

ua-kozak_TFC
08-24-2008, 10:33 PM
I see toronto with 30k stadium and minimum admission ticket at 50 buks..

ManUtd4ever
08-24-2008, 10:40 PM
Having been being comfortably retired in T.O. for a few years after leading TFC to Canadian Championship and MLS Cup titles, DeRo is hired by MoJo as director of the youth academy...

Captain Croatia
08-24-2008, 10:44 PM
All of the Above, no problem. But the 30,000 seater with grass, AND A ROOF!

Terry
08-24-2008, 10:55 PM
1. 30,000 seater with grass, no being turned down by players for turf any more.
2. 3 MLS Cups, with massive celebrations after each, going through all of the night.
3. Surprising the league and comfortably winning the supporters shield one season.
4. Won at least half of the Canadian Cups.
5. Danny Dichio becomes head coach and looks to bring us greater success.

Hey, we can dream.

ComeonyouReds
08-24-2008, 11:19 PM
One of the top 4 in the EPL will come for a friendly? please

Shakes McQueen
08-24-2008, 11:25 PM
- Cunningham stuns MLS by scoring 57 goals in his last season, when a new rule is introduced stipulating that a small net be placed in a random seat behind both goals, which is worth two goals if you hit it.

- Scott

flatpicker
08-24-2008, 11:32 PM
Toronto FC wins the MLS Cup in a dramatic victory over local rival Scarborough United.

Redcoe15
08-25-2008, 04:58 AM
TFC will have given Toronto its only title or two as all its other sports teams continue to go nowheres. TFC will be behind the Maple Leafs in terms of popularity and the Argos will be reduced to the level of the Ontario Hockey League in Toronto, if they haven't folded by then!

The Kingpin
08-25-2008, 07:18 AM
Where is the choice for mired in the middle of the pack, consistently languishing because MLSE and TFC won't spend the money on players even though there is four DP slots available and the stadium has been sold out for a decade... :)

Maple Leaf Red
08-25-2008, 07:23 AM
Where is the choice for mired in the middle of the pack, consistently languishing because MLSE and TFC won't spend the money on players even though there is four DP slots available and the stadium has been sold out for a decade... :)
That option was too ridiculous to include ;)

GuelphStorm2007
08-25-2008, 07:49 AM
At least 1 MLS title.
6 Canadians in the Starting 11.
35000 all grass stadium. Powered by Solar and Wind.
Danny Dichio will be Head Coach
Jimmy Brennan will be GM.

The Kingpin
08-25-2008, 08:34 AM
That option was too ridiculous to include ;)

I know, I'm such a negative Nelly... Ok, Ok, they'll be bigger than Manchester United and we'll have academies all over the planet and be drawing the top talent worldwide! Toronto will have a 50,000 seater packed out with hundreds of chants available in the repertoire while abolishing "this is our house" all together. The MLS Cup will just be called the TFC cup as we will own it.... :canada:

dannyd
08-25-2008, 09:34 AM
in 10 years, we'll still be singing Dichio 24...

giambac
08-25-2008, 10:15 AM
sad to say but I belive MLS will be non existent in 10 years.

to many teams with nonsupporters.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-25-2008, 10:19 AM
sad to say but I belive MLS will be non existent in 10 years.

to many teams with nonsupporters.

there is only a couple of unsupported teams, Chivas and Columbus.

New york red Bulls will play in a proper SSS next season which will help their attendance problems...so the MLS will be around for many years to come, and having Montreal in the League will be a bonus.

flatpicker
08-25-2008, 10:32 AM
^ I think it will still be around... and strong as well.
The weaker pieces of the MLS will gradually be weeded out leaving a strong group of clubs.
This league has only gotten better over time. I see no reason for it not to continue its development.
Though... maybe someone other than Garber needs to come in and continue the building.

Maple Leaf Red
08-25-2008, 10:35 AM
there is only a couple of unsupported teams, Chivas and Columbus.

New york red Bulls will play in a proper SSS next season which will help their attendance problems...so the MLS will be around for many years to come, and having Montreal in the League will be a bonus.
Yeah, if its made it this far then it will last 10 more years. A lot of what the league is doing leads me to believe that they won't fall into the trap that killed previous leagues.

NF-FC
08-25-2008, 11:07 AM
Ok, lets go through the list here,

a 30,000 seat stadium with Grass- probable
a MLS cup title- let's hope so
a Supporters shield title- same as above
a regular in the concaccaf champions league- yes, montreal got lucky this year
an appearence at the world Club cup- lol
the Super Liga champions- who really cares?
Eastern Conference champions- yes
Canada Cup Champions- we better own it
all of the above- nope
the future canadian national team- that's the ultimate goal

I think TFC will be the Schalke 04 of CONCACAF, mediocre at a higher level. We'll do well in the league, win Canadian Championships, and participate in the Champions League where we we struggle to get out of the group stage.

NF-FC
08-25-2008, 11:09 AM
^ I think it will still be around... and strong as well.
The weaker pieces of the MLS will gradually be weeded out leaving a strong group of clubs.
This league has only gotten better over time. I see no reason for it not to continue its development.
Though... maybe someone other than Garber needs to come in and continue the building.

i agree. All of the expansion post TFC looks very promising(i don't count san jose, they already had a team). The crappy teams will fold or move and it will be all for the better.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-25-2008, 12:51 PM
Yeah, if its made it this far then it will last 10 more years. A lot of what the league is doing leads me to believe that they won't fall into the trap that killed previous leagues.

they did what the NASL failed to do and that was have a proper league setup...the NASL's 6 pts for a win, plus a bonus point for each goal up to three made a win worth a possible 9pts, then there was the wacky shootout, MLS avoided all that fiasco , put team in football markets,
Columbus, KC the exceptions, got the superliga and now the involvement in the CCL...things are looking pretty good.

T_Mizz
08-25-2008, 03:12 PM
10 Years from now we'll (fingers crossed) be able to watch every game live with Canadian brodcasters and the most intense Derby/Rivalry will be the Toronto FC Montreal games

flatpicker
08-25-2008, 03:15 PM
10 Years from now we'll (fingers crossed) be able to watch every game live with Canadian brodcasters and the most intense Derby/Rivalry will be the Toronto FC Montreal games

not with Scarborough United?

ManUtd4ever
08-25-2008, 03:16 PM
in 10 years, we'll still be singing Dichio 24...

Damn right we will!

flatpicker
08-25-2008, 03:18 PM
Damn right we will!

and still singing it wrong!!!

:)

RPB_Brantford_08
08-25-2008, 10:05 PM
and still singing it wrong!!!

:)

as long as they sing!!

T_Mizz
08-25-2008, 10:13 PM
True why does it matter now if they sang to the wrong tune hat is different

kitchener-TFC
08-26-2008, 10:54 AM
I ten years from now, the Toronto FC will be invited by Man U to play at Old Trafford, but we'll turn them down because we wouldn't want to embarass them at home. (dreaming)