PDA

View Full Version : A letter to management.

RomaMerda
08-24-2008, 01:51 PM
Dear MoJo et al.

As a loyal TFC supporter I sit back week-in and week-out to cheer my beloved Reds to victory. I do not think, however, I can continue to do so - not with the same passion anyway. I'll explain.

We (we as in TFC) have potential to be great, but I can't help feel concerned about where our team is headed when management continues to make bad decisions. You all continue to stress the fact that we need more goals, thinking that goals is the only way to win games. We waive strikers that didn't perform, we buy strikers that don't and probably wont perform. You all have this incessant need to put the ball in the net, have you ever though about keeping the ball out of ours?!? We get scored on an average of two goals a game, and we score none.

Why not invest in holding/defensive mids now that Edu is gone? The kind that can hold the ball; those that can start a play; those that can slow the game down when need be; those that can spread the game wide and not keep it always in the middle; outside mids that can run down the line with the ball and swing in quality crosses; those that can defend and those who know how to move on the filed without the ball.

Why not invest in some quality defenders? Those who can keep the ball - not on their feet but among themselves; those who can carry the ball upfield to the mids; those who can attack when necessary, but above all, those who can defend and keep the ball out of our net!

This is what we need, build from the back and the goals will come. Build upon play and stop this free-for-all running for 90 mins. We might not win this year or next but build a strong team for years to come. Build a dynasty. This is what I/we the fans want.

Remember: attack wins games, defence wins championships...Good teams only need one goal to win like all the great teams of the past.

Peace,
Concerned Fan

LucaGol
08-24-2008, 01:55 PM
oh boy

superfrankielampard
08-24-2008, 01:56 PM
oh boy

second that

WHITEY
08-24-2008, 01:59 PM
Wow, here we go...again

Nuvinho
08-24-2008, 01:59 PM
how many letters are sent to management? It seems there is one posted on this board each week.

flatpicker
08-24-2008, 02:00 PM
:frown2:

Ossington Mental Youth
08-24-2008, 02:00 PM
oh boy

BWAHAHAHA
too true.

Carts
08-24-2008, 02:02 PM
Dear MoJo et al.

As a loyal TFC supporter I sit back week-in and week-out to cheer my beloved Reds to victory. I do not think, however, I can continue to do so - not with the same passion anyway. I'll explain.

Then don't... There's plenty of us who will...

We waive strikers that didn't perform, we buy strikers that don't and probably wont perform.

Barret has 2-goals in 4-games... Pretty good for a young striker playing with guys/system he didn't know...

Build a dynasty. This is what I/we the fans want.

If it was that easy, wouldn't every team do it...???

Peace,
Concerned Fan

If you want to write a letter and be taken seriously, you might want to say "sincerely" or "thank you for your time" at the end over "peace" LOL!

Carts...

RPB_Brantford_08
08-24-2008, 02:02 PM
Dear MoJo et al.

We (we as in TFC) have potential to be great, but I can't help feel concerned about where our team is headed when management continues to make bad decisions. You all continue to stress the fact that we need more goals, thinking that goals is the only way to win games. We waive strikers that didn't perform, we buy strikers that don't and probably wont perform. You all have this incessant need to put the ball in the net, have you ever though about keeping the ball out of ours?!? We get scored on an average of two goals a game, and we score none.

Why not invest in holding/defensive mids now that Edu is gone? The kind that can hold the ball; those that can start a play; those that can slow the game down when need be; those that can spread the game wide and not keep it always in the middle; outside mids that can run down the line with the ball and swing in quality crosses; those that can defend and those who know how to move on the filed without the ball.

Why not invest in some quality defenders? Those who can keep the ball - not on their feet but among themselves; those who can carry the ball upfield to the mids; those who can attack when necessary, but above all, those who can defend and keep the ball out of our net!

This is what we need, build from the back and the goals will come. Build upon play and stop this free-for-all running for 90 mins. We might not win this year or next but build a strong team for years to come. Build a dynasty. This is what I/we the fans want.

Remember: attack wins games, defence wins championships...Good teams only need one goal to win like all the great teams of the past.

Peace,
Concerned Fan

talk about a drama queen, get a grip mate this club is in its second year..dynastys are not built in that time or 5 years time it takes longer,
good drafting, trades, youth devolpment etc. your asking for something that is NOT realistic for a second year club...want a miracle go rent the ten commandments.

summer sunrise
08-24-2008, 02:04 PM
:deadhorse:

Carts
08-24-2008, 02:04 PM
your asking for something that is NOT realistic for a second year club...want a miracle go rent the ten commandments.

:D :hurray::lol:

Carts...

LucaGol
08-24-2008, 02:06 PM
Why hasn't Mo built us a dynasty yet?

Well?....we're waiting....Im not getting any younger.

Build us a damn dynasty already or else.

lol

Nuvinho
08-24-2008, 02:08 PM
I agree........I'll write a letter to management in 5 years time, but not now. Mo and his management staff have a 5 year plan. I think its going according to plan. Good job so far in the 2nd year of existence.

RomaMerda
08-24-2008, 02:11 PM
talk about a drama queen, get a grip mate this club is in its second year..dynastys are not built in that time or 5 years time it takes longer,
good drafting, trades, youth devolpment etc. your asking for something that is NOT realistic for a second year club...want a miracle go rent the ten commandments.

No one said it had to take 2 years of 5, but they should start NOW! with good drafting, trades, youth development etc...

rocktml
08-24-2008, 02:14 PM
enough with the letters! This is our 2nd year!!! Be proud we even have an MLS TEAM! come on now

rocker
08-24-2008, 02:15 PM
No one said it had to take 2 years of 5, but they should start NOW! with good drafting, trades, youth development etc...

uhh, that is happening.... where have you been?

flatpicker
08-24-2008, 02:15 PM

what make you think they aren't already doing these things?

Seems to me they are building something out of nothing and we will be reaping the rewards in the coming years.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-24-2008, 02:17 PM

they have got 2 youth academy teams going or have you not noticed?
they have brought in Guevara, Ricketts,Ruiz, we have 3 first round picks next season, that might be down to 2 because of the Ruiz deal, but we are still sitting good there, the dynasty is being built just give it time,
rememeber the Leafs are 41 years in making their current dynasty,
2 years for us is nothing!!

canadaneedsmusic
08-24-2008, 02:18 PM
How about we write a letter to management and tell them to straighten out the disaster that is parking. Seriously, it's terrible, and it only gets worse and worse. The Hamilton Ti-Cats allow season ticket holders to buy parking tickets for the season. Yes, it costs money, but parking is 100 times better. Getting to and leaving BMO is the worst part of the experience every single time. It's a joke.

denime
08-24-2008, 02:23 PM
I don't want to have dynasty like Leafs,41 years and waiting for championship,I will be over 80 if we go like Leafs.No thanks,I rather have MLS Dynasty like Huston.

Corpand
08-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Letters are SO much fun!

Smenge
08-24-2008, 03:08 PM
The leafs don't have a dynasty, they are an embarrassment to the city.

TFC will get better when MO is fired.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-24-2008, 03:11 PM
How about we write a letter to management and tell them to straighten out the disaster that is parking. Seriously, it's terrible, and it only gets worse and worse. The Hamilton Ti-Cats allow season ticket holders to buy parking tickets for the season. Yes, it costs money, but parking is 100 times better. Getting to and leaving BMO is the worst part of the experience every single time. It's a joke.

the parking was going to bad during the EX, thats why its better to find a Go station park for free and get to BMO that way or ride the red rocket..
to the TFC supporters that pulled the emergency brake on the west bound fo last night, the (9:47PM) F**K off, your playing with people lives'you idiots. soory my rant for the day.

RYANTFC
08-24-2008, 03:11 PM
la la la la
LA LA LA LA
la la la la
LA LA LA LA
de de de de
DE DE DE DE :taz::noidea:

RPB_Brantford_08
08-24-2008, 03:13 PM
The leafs don't have a dynasty, they are an embarrassment to the city.

TFC will get better when MO is fired.

PS it was a sarcastic remark on the leafs!!!:p

TFC USA
08-24-2008, 03:14 PM
TFC should be winning games 11-0, so dominant that Kevin Harmse gets a hat trick and Sutton scores on penalties.

We should always have 75% of the possession, never miss a shot on goal, not allow a shot on goal, win every game, hold the opposing team to no goals, have every player score at least 10 goals in a season, march through the playoffs and win the MLS Cup.

This is what a team should be doing in it's 2nd year in the league.

RYANTFC
08-24-2008, 03:17 PM
TFC should be winning games 11-0, so dominant that Kevin Harmse gets a hat trick and Sutton scores on penalties.

We should always have 75% of the possession, never miss a shot on goal, not allow a shot on goal, win every game, hold the opposing team to no goals, have every player score at least 10 goals in a season, march through the playoffs and win the MLS Cup.

I agree, and if not then im not gonna come to the matches and watch them on the telly. Oh and I will not sing no more.

CretanBull
08-24-2008, 03:19 PM

11-0? 75% possession? Fuck that! I want nothing less than 12-0 wins and 80% posssesion and Harmse is a 4 goal a game guy if I've ever seen one! Anyone can score on penalties, I want Sutton joining the attack more often, if he can't score from the flow of the play he needs to be traded. Time to fire Mo! Fire Carver!

TFC USA
08-24-2008, 03:23 PM
Honestly, Carl Robinson should be taking all of our free kicks.

I think on the road we should begin shooting from the halfway line, no build-up, as soon as we get the ball, we begin shooting.

I really think not only can Sutton get at least 2 goals, but we can bring back Cunningham because I think he is a 6 goal a game guy.

TFC USA
08-24-2008, 03:31 PM
And Mo should get off his butt and sign Frank Lampard, Michael Owen, Didier Drogba, Marco Materazzi, Wayne Rooney, Park Ji-Sung, John Carew, Shunsuke Nakamura, that Hesselink guy, and Sergio Aguero.

Carver should be playing a 2-2-6 formation.

ManUtd4ever
08-24-2008, 03:32 PM
All joking aside, I watched the best overall TFC performance in over 2 months from section 119 last night. Given MoJo's well documented difficulties attracting quality players because of fieldturf, I think he has done a great job retooling the lineup for a realistic push towards a playoff berth. I have legitimate faith in this team for the first time in a while...

Shakes McQueen
08-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Haha! Could you imagine a 2-2-7 formation?!

Back on topic: Another letter! I'm glad these things don't actually get sent anywhere, or MoJo would be cross eye from reading them by now.

- Scott

James Oliphant
08-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Most formations tend to stop at 10 players. ;)

Anyway, I'm getting tired of these "open letters" every fucking week. As if Mo and Carver are less aware of the shortcomings of TFC than we are...

rocker
08-24-2008, 05:01 PM
why don't people send real letters by mail anymore? ;)

RPB_Brantford_08
08-24-2008, 05:10 PM
All joking aside, I watched the best overall TFC performance in over 2 months from section 119 last night. Given MoJo's well documented difficulties attracting quality players because of fieldturf, I think he has done a great job retooling the lineup for a realistic push towards a playoff berth. I have legitimate faith in this team for the first time in a while...

i enjoyed the performance as well as the team gave the Revs, one of the better MLS sides a game they could have one with finishing. Fiedl turf will be an issue till its dealt with once and for all, and no other pesky teams
moving in. a Playoff push nneds to start with a win in Chivas, we have won in that stadium already this year...we will do the double.

FluSH
08-24-2008, 06:52 PM
Thread moved were all other open letters / blogs / etc are posted.

Wagner
08-24-2008, 06:54 PM
we aren't even finished season 2 yet.
and we are a lot better than last year.
take a big breath in....hold....let it out....