PDA

View Full Version : Columbus Crew

kdzb
08-24-2008, 01:04 PM
why the crew improved so much this year compared to us?
Their stats shows that they didn't make it to the playoffs since 2004.
They have only 3 or 4 players who played more than 4 years in MLS and
have the experience in this league.
They have 10 players who have 0 year experience in MLS
They have 7 players who have 1 year experience in MLS
The rest are mostly players who didn't play much.
I noticed at least 4 or 5 Latinos in their squad...do they have better scouting in that region than us?
I saw the final game for the gold at the olympics between Nigeria and Argentina and I can tell you that Emmanuel Ekpo will be a monster in
this league (How did they scout him? I don't know)
We better put the money that we got for Edu to a good use at least (Scouting + Practice facility with real Grass)

Smenge
08-24-2008, 01:15 PM
With poor attendance, Columbus has done everything possible to build a great team. In toronto, the corporation does not share this desperation, so they hire MO, and fuck up.......the hungry dog gets the bone.

rocker
08-24-2008, 02:29 PM
why the crew improved so much this year compared to us?)

last year, they were a considerably better team than TFC was, so naturally, they were already a season ahead of us in development. This year they've improved and TFC has improved. TFC has improved to where Columbus was last year, and Columbus has improved to be at the top of the league.

a fair comparison would be to see where TFC is next season compared to Columbus this year.

Don Julio
08-24-2008, 02:51 PM
I think it's pretty simple. Mo is stuck spending half his time reading letters from concerned fans. The same problem really doesn't exist in Columbus.

GeorgeB
08-24-2008, 05:59 PM
we have improved.we have 1 point more than we had all last season with two months left to play still,and if we had better strikers from the begining we would have a lot more points.