PDA

View Full Version : A view outside 112 - Everyone here should be proud

canadian_bhoy
08-24-2008, 10:16 AM
Yesterday was my first ever experience outside 112 - and man, I had a smile on my face from ear to ear hearing what the south end is really like.

First of all, the clarity of the chants is amazing - for the first 25 mins of the match yesterday it was immense. Chants like Oh When the Red, The Massive and Forza were the most prominent ones from where I was in the west stands.

The atmosphere was top notch, really loud really intimidating.

You could hear the NE fans towards the biginning, but it didn't last, they were easily drowned out.

118 and 119 were really good as well. Not the same chants, but lots of enthusiasm - which was great to hear. The middle of the south end was pretty quiet though - which is too bad.

Anyway, point is - we should always be striving to be better - to think about how we did as supporters and how we can kick it up a notch next match - BUT - don't listen to anyone who says that our support is crap. They don't know what they are talking about. Let's get past little squabbles about the support, its not worth it - we were great last night, contageous and loud.

And this is still only the beginning!

Couldn't stay away long... I was back home (112) for the second half.

Amazing folks - amazing! Now let's keep pushing to be bigger better and louder!!!!

London
08-24-2008, 10:21 AM
all due respect mike, but it was just an average day for atmosphere at BMO yesterday.
there have been times that the stadium has been at least twice as loud as that.

after we scored , i was amazed to see the whole stadium doing the t-o-r-o-n-t-o chant

why cant the rest of the stadium do that every game?

canadian_bhoy
08-24-2008, 10:22 AM
all due respect mike, but it was just an average day for atmosphere at BMO yesterday.
there have been times that the stadium has been at least twice as loud as that.

after we scored , i was amazed to see the whole stadium doing the t-o-r-o-n-t-o chant

why cant the rest of the stadium do that every game?

The emphasises my point even more then - no?

dupont
08-24-2008, 01:30 PM
I didnt have my normal seats over in 110 last game because I gave them to my dad.. so i was up in 221 just for yesterday. I agree with what you said... the chants from the south end boomed LOUD throughout the stadium,... I was surprised just how awesome it was!

As an aside I dont like sitting in 221 at all. I can't wait to go back to my normal seats next game. I cant believe I had to sit down for a match :(

TFC FAN72
08-24-2008, 01:40 PM
I didnt have my normal seats over in 110 last game because I gave them to my dad.. so i was up in 221 just for yesterday. I agree with what you said... the chants from the south end boomed LOUD throughout the stadium,... I was surprised just how awesome it was!

As an aside I dont like sitting in 221 at all. I can't wait to go back to my normal seats next game. I cant believe I had to sit down for a match :(

Welcome to my world. I am south of you in 121 and all game long it was sit down, I can't see. Blah, Blah, Yadda Yadda Bah Humbug.:(

I just kept telling them, stand up then if you can't see or switch seats so I am not in the way, but it goes for nothing.

GUYS, I AM DYING A SLOW DEATH IN 121:mad:

Bluenose13
08-24-2008, 01:44 PM
I also spent the night outside of the bunker, I was in 109 with my daughter & I was amazed at how loud & co-ordinated 112/113 sounded & looked last night.......Great job.

mclaren
08-24-2008, 02:20 PM
anyone have a torrent of last night's game?

CretanBull
08-24-2008, 02:43 PM
I started the night in 105 and it was terrible. I was forced to sit down (family behind me) there was no atmosphere at all. After experiencing the intensity of the Can/Jam, it was like going from the best to the worst in a matter of days. For the second half, we moved over to 111 and I felt like I was home again, surrounded by people who gave a shit.

Bobo
08-24-2008, 02:47 PM
Got a question, how sad does the back of 113 look? Pretty bad from the back row...

denime
08-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Last night was special for one and only one reason and that was CAPO!!
CAPO made difference between last night and games before,yeah you might say we where louder during some games in the past,but we where never so coordinated like last night.
As for middle section no being loud,well we are being fu*^ed every game with scalpers seats but more important we are in between 111-113 and 117-119 and we can hear both side chanting different chants,so I chant one from 111-113 person behind me chanting 116-119 it is real nightmare in 115 in particular.
In few years we will sound like one at south stands.

jmorgs88
08-24-2008, 03:03 PM
ya denime has got it right, we are swamped in 115 with scalpers seats everywhere...people walking in having to look at their stubs to find their seats, at times it really brings down the atmosphere that me and some others in 115 try to start up...i wouldnt say 115 is by any means bad because some days its great, just no consistency

MEU
08-24-2008, 03:36 PM
I have to say that last night was the best for coordination and synchronization of songs in the south end. I was sitting up in 226 and I heard you guys CLEAR and LOUD for probably the first time in a long time.

A couple of other notes:

You guys, and the rest of the stadium, were extremely quiet for about 15-20 mins before TFC scored

My hat's off to the NE suporters at the top of the north east corner. For so few, they sang really well and were clearly audible on the other side of the stadium.

NEE below me were DISAPPOINTING, the guy with the loud speaker tried to start chants a few times, but absolutely no reaction. Very sad.

My section, the family section, plain SUCKED.

I'm not sure how the capo was organized, but it seemed to have worked well.

NF-FC
08-24-2008, 03:43 PM
Earlier this season i took in a game from the beer garden. When you're in the centre of the mayhem you lose concept of just how loud you are. From the other side it was fantastic. We were actually late getting to that game and when the players came out the tunnel there was a primal roar that made yer neck hairs stand up. I highly recommend to any regular in 112-113 to take in a game from the other side, and absorb the energy just like the rest of the prawns.

rocker
08-24-2008, 04:44 PM
You guys, and the rest of the stadium, were extremely quiet for about 15-20 mins before TFC scored

My hat's off to the NE suporters at the top of the north east corner. For so few, they sang really well and were clearly audible on the other side of the stadium.l.

i agree here.. the south end started off gangbusters... my dad even turned to me and said "that seems louder than usual".

but the NE goal killed it... then it was pretty quiet until Barrett scored. Then people got back into it and the stadium was electric right to the end. it wasn't much in the grand scheme of things, but TFC fans just need a little somethin' to get going.

you could feel that when they went down 1-0, people just couldn't keep up the pressure in the crowd. After the 1-1 Canada game, and the recent lack of goals by TFC, it didn't feel good. but thankfully the energy came back simply with a single goal.

Super
08-24-2008, 04:49 PM
^ I agree. I left the stadium without a voice as usual, but I definitely felt a tiredness amongst most people after the many disappointing results, and of course the midweek Canada game.

Maple Leaf Red
08-24-2008, 07:52 PM
118 and 119 were really good as well. Not the same chants, but lots of enthusiasm - which was great to hear. The middle of the south end was pretty quiet though - which is too bad.

Along with 117 they try really hard but I would love to have someone from that section come on here and explain why they think that chanting West Side Stand Up makes any sense whatsoever.

And to end it on a good note...the unity made a huge difference.

Sonny Cheeba
08-24-2008, 08:05 PM
i think another point was the fact that it was a night game and the ex was on. pregame shoeless and the march did well to get people into it.

i've only been to one tailgate and there wasn't really any chanting on the way in because it kinda fell apart as the rain started to really come down and people just wanted to hurry over.

pre game chanting = better chanting in the south IMO

bangersandmash
08-24-2008, 08:11 PM
I sit up in 220. The part of the south under the sway of the capo was MONSTEROUS. The chants were clear, loud and coordinated. Do it again. This time with JUMPING!

egoodwin
08-24-2008, 08:12 PM
I have to say that last night was the best for coordination and synchronization of songs in the south end. I was sitting up in 226 and I heard you guys CLEAR and LOUD for probably the first time in a long time.

A couple of other notes:

My hat's off to the NE suporters at the top of the north east corner. For so few, they sang really well and were clearly audible on the other side of the stadium.

NEE below me were DISAPPOINTING, the guy with the loud speaker tried to start chants a few times, but absolutely no reaction. Very sad.

My section, the family section, plain SUCKED.

I'm not sure how the capo was organized, but it seemed to have worked well.
the guy with the megaphone was Pedro...

Keep in mind, with our numbers we only have 4 or 5 active rows... however, we were quiet at times during the first half and up to the goal, after the goal we were hopping and roaring, however we did get distracted a bit when Edu came over...

Then again also in 127 we do not feel the need to chant mindlessly every second of the game

BC101
08-24-2008, 08:13 PM
^^^^Aflac....

egoodwin
08-24-2008, 08:17 PM
^ piss off

BC101
08-24-2008, 08:20 PM
^^^Aflac....
http://obadiah.files.wordpress.com/2008/03/aflac_1.jpg

denime
08-24-2008, 08:26 PM
stop hijacking thread or .....

BC101
08-24-2008, 08:26 PM
Or? the other mods know what iam doing so...........

denime
08-24-2008, 08:29 PM
I will put you on thread hijacker list ;)

BC101
08-24-2008, 08:34 PM
that fine... but I know what iam doing and why iam doing it... and believe me its not hijacking no shit.

heather
08-24-2008, 08:43 PM
I spent the game in the first row of 113 directly behind the Capo stand and Zac (I normally find myself near the front/middle of 112).

It was my first time in 113 and I am NOT trying to speak for anyone in that section.

Any chant that was known to both U sector and RPB and could be heard coming from 112 Zac seemed to pick up rather quickly (i.e. they have their own version of the Bounce and don't know our lyrics so that didn't make its way across very well).

Definitely agree with Denime that the capo made a HUGE difference. It seemed to me that unless someone at the bottom of 113 is taking the effort to LOOK and see what 112 is doing a lot of the action in 112 is lost simply because the sound doesn't travel that well.

I tried my best to look to the first few rows of 112 (L-wag, deniz etc), or to the mid section (Jay, Jack, Red Thunder etc) to see what was going on and pick up on the chants. I applaud all the RPB in 112 - you looked GREAT :hurray:

The drums, while not always on time (it might be an issue with how the sound travels over the stands, I don't know) also definitely seemed necessary to get the timing of the chants cross to the front of 113. Red Thunder is LOUD!!!!! :D

Anyways, it was great seeing 112 from a different perspective, looking forward to being back in the Bunker!

BC101
08-24-2008, 08:46 PM
How does the Usector Bounce go?

RYANTFC
08-24-2008, 08:47 PM
^^^ lool

heather
08-24-2008, 08:50 PM
You'd have to check their boards BC, i have no clue.

They did have some awesome chants that I wish I had known the words to. :)

ManUtd4ever
08-24-2008, 08:50 PM
118 and 119 were really good as well. Not the same chants, but lots of enthusiasm - which was great to hear.

I was in 119 row 11 last night and it was as loud and well coordinated as it's ever been! It helped that all the regulars showed up as well.