PDA

View Full Version : Advice to Rohan

Ossington Mental Youth
08-24-2008, 09:06 AM
Keep chipping away and youll be punching em in soon enough.

"I missed ... one easy, easy shot," he said. "If I score that goal we get three points."

Its that kind of dedication that makes a supporters heart swell with pride.

T_Mizz
08-24-2008, 09:11 AM
Yeah trust me you can't dwell on that or you'll never recover psychologically. But it was only his first game as a forward so he'll have a lot more chances and he'll get them.

bdrs
08-24-2008, 09:25 AM
Hell, closer than most attempts of late. Good to see the effort. Even the missed chances fire the boys up to play hard because they feel there is a chance I think.

T_Mizz
08-24-2008, 09:29 AM
The weird thing was that one game where he got 2 goals and he hasn't scored since not many players on this team have gotten a brace but he got one and no other goals. Strange.

Smenge
08-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Ricketts is the player he was in the UK, nothing more, nothing less....he will be missing these chances for as long as he wears a tfc kit......not his fault.....Mo wanted a supporting cast of ex UK players, and got it....makes for a great last place team.

boban
08-24-2008, 09:34 AM
Its amazing the post on this board sometimes.
Replace Ricketts with Cunningham and he would have been crucified.
But no its Rohan, so lets all fall to our news. :rolleyes:

T_Mizz
08-24-2008, 09:39 AM
well Cunny is a Striker and Ricketts is a Midfielder he isn't expected to bury every chance Cunny is and he sucked at it.

boban
08-24-2008, 09:41 AM
well Cunny is a Striker and Ricketts is a Midfielder he isn't expected to bury every chance Cunny is and he sucked at it.
I'm not talking about burying it.
Just hit the net FFS!!

T_Mizz
08-24-2008, 09:43 AM
True that's the first step in scoring but I've seen Cunny miss a lot worse and he's paid to bury it Ricketts was probably overwhelmed like "holy shit what do I do now?" He'll learn.

Beach_Red
08-24-2008, 09:46 AM
Its amazing the post on this board sometimes.
Replace Ricketts with Cunningham and he would have been crucified.
But no its Rohan, so lets all fall to our news. :rolleyes:

Well, you gotta admit, people are going to react differently to a guy standing around with his hands on hips and a permanent scowl on his face than to a guy who looks like he's giving full effort and enjoying his time here.

One thing we get very used to in Canada is people who are very reluctant to be here and let everyone know constantly what's wrong with the place. Rohan hasn't complained about being yet, so yeah, we cut him some slack.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-24-2008, 09:49 AM
also the difference between Cunningham a striker with a high record and Ricketts who is a winger with little to no record scoring is different. Please dont compare the two, Ricketts actually puts an effort in, loves the city and loves the club. Often wonder if people actually believe what they write on here or if they are purposely being contrarian

boban
08-24-2008, 09:58 AM
Well, you gotta admit, people are going to react differently to a guy standing around with his hands on hips and a permanent scowl on his face than to a guy who looks like he's giving full effort and enjoying his time here.

One thing we get very used to in Canada is people who are very reluctant to be here and let everyone know constantly what's wrong with the place. Rohan hasn't complained about being yet, so yeah, we cut him some slack.
And one thing Toronto seems to accept is mediocrity. I understand the concept of looking for positives and and all that but we are fading fast and at home is where we usually pick up points. We lost two points last night, not gained 1. Ricketts is not a stranger to the opposition goal, he knows how to shoot - or at least should know. We haven't scored in two months a goal from regular play until last night, so why are calling pockets. Just shoot the fucking thing and hit the net. Keep it simple. A lot of positives happen with that - rebound, corner, foul, or God forbid a goal.
But if keep telling ourselves here that its OK Ricketts or whoever, perhaps one is listening to Stuart Smalley too much.

ben_vw
08-24-2008, 10:03 AM
Rohan's given his heart 110% just about every match he's played for us - especially lately. I'm not going to fault him.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-24-2008, 10:05 AM
And one thing Toronto seems to accept is mediocrity. I understand the concept of looking for positives and and all that but we are fading fast and at home is where we usually pick up points. We lost two points last night, not gained 1. Ricketts is not a stranger to the opposition goal, he knows how to shoot - or at least should know. We haven't scored in two months a goal from regular play until last night, so why are calling pockets. Just shoot the fucking thing and hit the net. Keep it simple. A lot of positives happen with that - rebound, corner, foul, or God forbid a goal.
But if keep telling ourselves here that its OK Ricketts or whoever, perhaps one is listening to Stuart Smalley too much.

I could understand if they were a top team thats been playing fantastically but we havent, we've been playing like shit, we dont accept that but more to the point they did actually play really really well and theres absolutely nothing wrong in saying that, they deserved a win and were unlucky to not get one.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-24-2008, 10:06 AM
And youre wrong, Ricketts is a stranger to the opposition goal, he scored his first goals here in how many years? Hes not a natural goal scorer and he did really really well for playing out of position.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-24-2008, 10:09 AM
We all want more from our team, its the natural disposition of a football fan but you do have to pat them on the back when they play well as opposed to criticize and speak negatively.

Beach_Red
08-24-2008, 10:10 AM

It's true, Toronto is working this stuff out. We've grown up very close to the USA and have always been worried about becoming arrogant Americans. You're right, though, we should start to demand more - in fact TFC is the first Toronto team I think that has supporters who do demand more.

Yes, absoluetly keep it simple. Though I don't know what makes you say that Ricketts is no stranger to the goal, he's never been known as much of a scorer.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-24-2008, 10:11 AM
we for the most part dominated a game against a team that has destroyed us previously, that is a big step and as previously mentioned, we were unlucky not to win

reggie
08-24-2008, 10:17 AM
boy...did johan look good last night.WTF..
what was with that lineup lastnight,was carver playing for 0-0 at home.

kuku
08-24-2008, 10:23 AM
Rohan looked good last night. He set up Chad's goal and kept pressing all night. His finishing touch will come. Have some faith.

Kickit09
08-24-2008, 10:39 AM
ricketts needs some new shoes.... thats my advice

boban
08-24-2008, 10:55 AM
we for the most part dominated a game against a team that has destroyed us previously, that is a big step and as previously mentioned, we were unlucky not to win
Stuart Smalley is alive and well.

boban
08-24-2008, 10:59 AM
And youre wrong, Ricketts is a stranger to the opposition goal, he scored his first goals here in how many years? Hes not a natural goal scorer and he did really really well for playing out of position.
He scored 2 goals this year. And I would hazard a guess, since your own admission he's not a goal scorer, that he got a few more cracks on goal during the season. He's played both wings during the season and been around the net. Ergo he's not a stranger. Don't make it sound like he never been around a goal before.
I am not saying he should have scored. Just hit the net. Its a soccer net, not a hockey net. From 8 or 9 yards out it ain't too much to ask to hit the net. however, if you don't hit the net you guarantee yourself 100% chance of not scoring. If he's not good up front, then its all the more to just hit the net. Don't be trying to place the shot anywhere. Just hit the net.

bhoybobby
08-24-2008, 11:07 AM
Follow Robert, you're a nice chap, ut overrated. Taxi please, you flatter to deceive, bye, bye.

Beach_Red
08-24-2008, 11:09 AM
Just hit the net.

Yeah, it's like every hockey coach says, a shot on net is never a mistake...

Still, there's a big difference between Stuart Smalley and a level-headed approach to this team. I've seen a lot of expansion teams start up in other sports in North America and this one is building the right way. If Robert was still here walking up and down and Cunningham standing around with his hands on his hips and some over the hill DP had shown up imagine the bitching that would be going on here.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-24-2008, 11:18 AM
He scored 2 goals this year. And I would hazard a guess, since your own admission he's not a goal scorer, that he got a few more cracks on goal during the season. He's played both wings during the season and been around the net. Ergo he's not a stranger. Don't make it sound like he never been around a goal before.
I am not saying he should have scored. Just hit the net. Its a soccer net, not a hockey net. From 8 or 9 yards out it ain't too much to ask to hit the net. however, if you don't hit the net you guarantee yourself 100% chance of not scoring. If he's not good up front, then its all the more to just hit the net. Don't be trying to place the shot anywhere. Just hit the net.

Senior clubs1
Years Club App (Gls)*
2001–2002 Arsenal 00 (0)
2002–2005 Tottenham Hotspur 30 (1)
2004 → Coventry City (loan) 06 (0)
2005 → Wolves (loan) 07 (1)
2005–2007 Wolves 44 (0)
2007 → Queens Park Rangers (loan) 02 (0)
2007–2008 Barnsley 10 (0)
2008– Toronto FC 17 (2)

Stranger to goals, he sets em up, not scores them.
30 games in the EPL and he put in one goal.
Just because you play near a net doesnt mean you have the natural god given talent to put em in, in some cases its either luck or consistent training and significant effort.

Ill try and be more disenchanted and bitter about a team in its second year and the players that put an effort in:rolleyes5:

Ossington Mental Youth
08-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Yeah, it's like every hockey coach says, a shot on net is never a mistake...

Still, there's a big difference between Stuart Smalley and a level-headed approach to this team. I've seen a lot of expansion teams start up in other sports in North America and this one is building the right way. If Robert was still here walking up and down and Cunningham standing around with his hands on his hips and some over the hill DP had shown up imagine the bitching that would be going on here.

Thank you, well said

Iguy
08-24-2008, 11:27 AM
rohan is good, and he plays hard, i dont expect him to miss those shots very often

Marco2K
08-24-2008, 12:21 PM
Guy seems like a great guy. He is loving all the attention he is getting in this city.

I really hope he can step up his game and earn his spot. He missed a big chance last night. Bottom line is he is going to miss more then he is going to score.

If TFC does not start scoring goals nobody on the team should be safe.

Please remember new england allowed 3 goals vs San Jose last weekend.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-24-2008, 12:46 PM
Guy seems like a great guy. He is loving all the attention he is getting in this city.

I really hope he can step up his game and earn his spot. He missed a big chance last night. Bottom line is he is going to miss more then he is going to score.

If TFC does not start scoring goals nobody on the team should be safe.

Please remember new england allowed 3 goals vs San Jose last weekend.

Pretty reasonable

boban
08-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Senior clubs1
Years Club App (Gls)*
2001–2002 Arsenal 00 (0)
2002–2005 Tottenham Hotspur 30 (1)
2004 → Coventry City (loan) 06 (0)
2005 → Wolves (loan) 07 (1)
2005–2007 Wolves 44 (0)
2007 → Queens Park Rangers (loan) 02 (0)
2007–2008 Barnsley 10 (0)
2008– Toronto FC 17 (2)

Stranger to goals, he sets em up, not scores them.
30 games in the EPL and he put in one goal.
Just because you play near a net doesnt mean you have the natural god given talent to put em in, in some cases its either luck or consistent training and significant effort.

Ill try and be more disenchanted and bitter about a team in its second year and the players that put an effort in:rolleyes5:
Now its a second post by you in this thread that shows your lack of comprehension. buh-bye.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-24-2008, 12:58 PM
Uh, k, sure thing guy.
its me thats lacking comprehension.