PDA

View Full Version : Chad Barrett

T_Mizz
08-24-2008, 08:51 AM
Just curious here is it too early to start calling him the greatest striker we've ever had?:rolleyes:

But seriously he reminds me of Wayne Rooney just the way he looks and they're the same size and good with their feet and striking the ball and able to create.

Now before you crucify me for this comparison I mean he is like Wayne Rooney NOT SKILLWISE OF COURSE and he can still improve so he can grow into the similarities.

rocker
08-24-2008, 11:01 AM
call him L'il Wayne ;)

I thought he had a very fine game... did a lot, never gave up, pressured things, and scored.. MUCH better than Cuntingham. the guy only has to score one more goal to match all of Cunt's production with TFC this year.

LucaGol
08-24-2008, 11:06 AM
Im starting to wonder if the Chicago Fire supporters know anything about soccer....

Im not sure how Barrett garnered such a poor reputation in Chicago, but from what I saw of him with the Fire and the flyer he's got himself off to with TFC...he seems to be one of the more lethal finishers in the league. And his workrate is incredible...probably the best on our whole team.

Granted this assessment has been largely based on the 3 games he has been with us (maybe 4, can't remember), but he's certainly making a very positive impression thus far. We'll see how long he can sustain it for...hopefully for a while.

ginkster88
08-24-2008, 11:10 AM
I really like the guy. Once his fitness improves he'll be even better. I still need a name for the back of my shirt... maybe he'll be the one.

kdzb
08-24-2008, 11:11 AM
I like the guy already. He jus need to play more games with our midfielders to connect better with them and he will be a LEGEND in this team.
I just hope he will stick around and stay healthy - he is only 23 and have a lot of potential.
There is one thing that I noticed that it worries me a bit with him.
He always gets cramps around 70th minutes at BMO...Is it the turf? I don't know but this happened twice already.
He played almost all game in Colorado and he was fine but at BMO it's another story

Ron Manager
08-24-2008, 11:14 AM
I like the guy already. He jus need to play more games with our midfielders to connect better with them and he will be a LEGEND in this team.
I just hope he will stick around and stay healthy - he is only 23 and have a lot of potential.
There is one thing that I noticed that it worries me a bit with him.
He always gets cramps around 70th minutes at BMO...Is it the turf? I don't know but this happened twice already.
He played almost all game in Colorado and he was fine but at BMO it's another story

I understand he arrived from Chicago in 'not the best of shape'. I'm sure he and Winsper have been joined at the hip lately but we can't push him too hard this late in the season or he wont have fresh legs for the game. Let him do pre-season with us next year and this will not be an issue.

Broadview
08-24-2008, 11:16 AM
He kinda reminds me of Will Johnson when he played for Canada in the Olympic qualifing tourny. Good player so far, lots of hustle and a couple goals.

In Chicago fans defence (ow, that hurts to say) they've seen a lot more of him than we have. But maybe a change in scenery is just what Barrett needed.

ginkster88
08-24-2008, 11:20 AM
Wrong thread but... perhaps a song?

Chad
Chad
Number nineteen
He puts the ball in the net as sure as can be
And we’ll cheer him on forever cause he
Puts the ball in the net for our TFC

To the chorus of Lord of the Dance

Iguy
08-24-2008, 11:24 AM
he plays really hard and plays with so much emotion out there. I think he's great, a fantastic addition.

Corpand
08-24-2008, 11:39 AM
you can CLEARLY see he loves the atmosphere here. Our cheering definitely helps him out and boosts his morale.

Only small problem is this: did anyone notice how he kept bossing people around and telling them what they should of done? He even told Robbo off once during the second half.

SilverSamurai
08-24-2008, 11:44 AM
Seems to actually run around and try for plays, unlike a guy who wanted a triple digit #...

ben_vw
08-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Chad's definitely one for both the present and the future right now. He's got pace, skill, and he can finish. His volley last night was top drawer. He's 23, and could have a big future with TFC and MLS and even the USMNT.

Cashcleaner
08-24-2008, 12:04 PM
Far too early to make any bold statements, but I'm pretty happy with his performance thus far.

MisterMacphisto
08-24-2008, 12:40 PM
\Only small problem is this: did anyone notice how he kept bossing people around and telling them what they should of done? He even told Robbo off once during the second half.

I see it as passion and I love it.

ginkster88
08-24-2008, 12:48 PM
^^

Agreed. We need confidence on the pitch, someone to grab people by the balls. If it has come in the form of a 23-year old newcomer so be it.