PDA

View Full Version : Barrett's TFC Strike Rate

ginkster88
08-24-2008, 08:15 AM
4 games, 2 goals.

Not terrible considering our lineup for when he's been here.

tfc-th
08-24-2008, 08:39 AM
4 games, 2 goals.

I'm pretty impressed with what I've seen from him thus far. My only concern (as Carver has mentioned a few times) is his fitness. I saw him pull up a few times last night when chasing down a ball, and he needed a bit of a leg stretch there toward the end. From what I've read and heard, he's never been a real 90min kind of player and is prone to cramp. I'm sure Paul Winsper will whip him into shape and next season he'll be one of the leading goal scorers for us.

It's interesting to see how different, personality-wise, he seems to be from the other guys, though. In his interviews he appears to be much less of a "personality" and possibly a bit less polished with the press. I hope he gels well with everyone in the locker room, because he's going to be a terrific asset once the staff have had a chance to get his fitness up to scratch and he's down from that "just freshly traded" pressure.

Brooker
08-24-2008, 08:40 AM
Barrett is fucking "class."

god i love that guy. him and ruiz are gonna tear it up.

T_Mizz
08-24-2008, 08:53 AM
Let's hope you're right they should be able to on paper but a paper field would be worse than FieldTurf

Nuvinho
08-24-2008, 08:57 AM
Chad for a full seaon with us is good for 10 to 12 goals a year.

Draracle
08-24-2008, 09:03 AM
Barrett looks good. His turn-and-goal last night was fantastic. He can hit a shot with pace from 30 yards out. And he can get in the mix in the 18. He is a dangerous player.

T_Mizz
08-24-2008, 09:04 AM
yeah I hope so I think if he gets a good lineup behind him and get fit with Winsper and a decent strike partner he can get 15 i'm sure

ensco
08-24-2008, 09:05 AM
It's funny the Chicago BS boards paint him as a Cunningham (endless chances, no quality) but here, he's only had a few chances, but has looked terrific when he has them

T_Mizz
08-24-2008, 09:09 AM
yeah Cunnigham is only a striker because he has the pace to get into the open field whereas Barrett actually has skill and finish.

bdrs
08-24-2008, 09:27 AM
Love him. Fights hard and has a ton of passion. Great trade for us.

T_Mizz
08-24-2008, 09:40 AM
Yeah him a 1st round draft pick and cash money (allocation) for a player who was never going to play for us and who never receive a dime from us great job trader Mo

dupont
08-24-2008, 09:58 AM
I've very happy with his play so far. He has scored a couple really nice goals and I just feel like he's a dangerous player for the other team to deal with all around.

Keegan
08-24-2008, 01:27 PM
Funny that Chicago video was made of all of his missed chances back in June etc. and the only goals he scored were tap ins and he missed an equal share.

But the two goals he has scored have been really pretty damn good.

LucaGol
08-24-2008, 01:33 PM
I just like the fact that he seems to be a real predator in the box.

He just gets his foot and head to alot of balls in the area its seems.

I haven't really seen him waste too many opportunities thus far.

bangersandmash
08-24-2008, 02:08 PM
I've been impressed with how hard he works. There were several occassions last night where Barrett tracked back deep into the midfield to help get more bodies behind the ball. In a couple of cases, if I recall, he was personally responsible for breaking up the attack and helping our midfielders get control of the ball. Not what you'd normally expect from a striker.

Boondaddy
08-24-2008, 02:16 PM
very impressed with Barrett thus far...he'll only get better too as he gets more comfortable....what a goal!

Ricketts should have won it for us though.....golden opportunities.

ManUtd4ever
08-24-2008, 03:07 PM
Chad Barrett has been much better than advertised since he joined TFC. Prior to the McBride trade, I knew about his relentless work ethic and defensive acumen but his finish has been nothing short of world class thus far. I am optimistic heading into the final stretch of the season with a strike partnership of Barrett and Ruiz, Dichio slowly regaining his health, and Ibby as a potential game breaker off the bench...

mclaren
08-24-2008, 03:23 PM
Na, na, na, na, na, na, naaaaaaaaaaa.......Ruiz.