PDA

View Full Version : This is why i don't like Robinson.

ua-kozak_TFC
08-24-2008, 08:03 AM
The NE goal last night is a perfect example why i grew to hate the guy and considering him as lazy. Any other decent DM in the world knows that it is his responsability to press Tierney while he just stood there watching and waiting expecting that the guy will just give him the ball back. I am not sure if it is a laziness factor or just lack of knowledge...

Brooker
08-24-2008, 08:08 AM
je suis une anana

ginkster88
08-24-2008, 08:13 AM
You are a pineapple. Interesting, but not relevant.

Jack
08-24-2008, 08:49 AM
And the lack of marking by Marshall has nothing to do with that?

How do you let Twellman just waltz in unmarked into the box like that?

Wagner
08-24-2008, 08:59 AM
je suis une anana

c7pR6rpGzow

http://www.modsuperstar.ca/images/ananas.jpg

Draracle
08-24-2008, 09:02 AM
Robbo saved our asses on several plays last night. No one on our team can break up a play as well as him. I thought he was primary reason that NE didn't get more shots from the top of the 18.

T_Mizz
08-24-2008, 09:03 AM
Telefrancais good times

Bobo
08-24-2008, 09:29 AM
Robbo made some fantastic plays today. I'd take that performance every game.

Wooster_TFC
08-24-2008, 09:42 AM
The goal had nothing to do with Robbo and everything to do with James and Marshall not marking Twellman (and yes, James had as much to do with it as Tyronne).

canadian_bhoy
08-24-2008, 09:49 AM
The goal had nothing to do with Robbo and everything to do with James and Marshall not marking Twellman (and yes, James had as much to do with it as Tyronne).

In honour of Mrashall, I will respond to your post with a rousing "True Say!"

Robinson saved us a wack of times last night - and he covers our defenders all the time.

As a whole, we were giving NE too much space, but the fact that Joseph was not very noticable last night proves robinson's worth to the club.

TFC Cityboy
08-24-2008, 09:51 AM
Robbo was Man of the Match for me- breaking the play up and I don't think he misplaced a pass all night. It was the CBs job to pick up Twellman and get a challenge in.

sampace
08-24-2008, 10:13 AM
The goal was just as much Sutton's fault, if he had gone for the ball as soon as it was lobbed into the box, he could of jumped up with his size and cut it off. Instead Sutton hesitated, made a move too late towards the ball and then tried to come back when he saw it was going to be headed into the net.

Sutton should of attacked the long ball in, and used his vertical reach to knock it out/catch it safely. That is what a good goalie does on those long balls, plays aggresively and attacks it. His hesitation made the defence look bad, they were inbetween plays, you get it, no you get it.

ua-kozak_TFC
08-24-2008, 10:30 AM
The goal was just as much Sutton's fault, if he had gone for the ball as soon as it was lobbed into the box, he could of jumped up with his size and cut it off. Instead Sutton hesitated, made a move too late towards the ball and then tried to come back when he saw it was going to be headed into the net.

Sutton should of attacked the long ball in, and used his vertical reach to knock it out/catch it safely. That is what a good goalie does on those long balls, plays aggresively and attacks it. His hesitation made the defence look bad, they were inbetween plays, you get it, no you get it.
That long ball was way too far out and also it was coming with an effect so yea can;t really blame him for staying put... plus there were a lot of defenders in the area....

THA BUTCHA
08-24-2008, 12:17 PM
I personally think ROBO is overpaid for what he gives to the team.
You cant deny that their are many CM in mls that can do the same job for half as much money.

THA BUTCHA
08-24-2008, 12:23 PM
TFC Robinson Carl M 315,000.00 $ 330,000.00 $

NE Joseph Shalrie D 300,000.00 $ 325,000.00 $

I'd rather have Joseph on the roster he dominates the ball much better. That's only one example I'm sure if I had more time I'd find more.

H Bomb
08-24-2008, 12:57 PM
I personally think ROBO is overpaid for what he gives to the team.
You cant deny that their are many CM in mls that can do the same job for half as much money.

I deny this all I want.

I agree about Joseph but Joseph is the only DM in the league I would take over Robinson. And every single young player that comes here mentions Carl first when talking about learning and getting better in training. Carl's been outstanding for us and is a training pitch leader.

Markham_RPB
08-24-2008, 01:05 PM
Carlo Robbo was up there for MOM , as discussed in other threads.

He played awsome , and in no way was the goal his fault.

Marshall's marking ?
Sutton's coming out , catching the ball ?

Chapman
08-24-2008, 01:09 PM
Ya truly the defense should never have let a guy just waltz right into the edge of the box and it was terrible positioning by Sutton. I have never seen an example of Robinson being lazy thats for sure.

Draracle
08-24-2008, 01:16 PM
I deny this all I want.

I agree about Joseph but Joseph is the only DM in the league I would take over Robinson. And every single young player that comes here mentions Carl first when talking about learning and getting better in training. Carl's been outstanding for us and is a training pitch leader.

so far Joseph has had two less games, a red and is basically equal in all other stats, save shots. But our system attacks up the side, not the middle, and Robbo is responsible for staying back. So he doesn't get much attacking into his game.

Keegan
08-24-2008, 01:21 PM

No chance in hell.
Marshall fucked up BIG TIME. He didn't even move. Sutton saved our asses that game.

CretanBull
08-24-2008, 02:50 PM
Robinson was MoM....again.

v00d00daddy
08-24-2008, 03:00 PM
Robinson did what he does every game. He makes 10 great plays for every 5 bad plays. They give out man of the match to him as a default for every game when they can't actually pick somebody who actually stood out. I can't believe how easily some of you guys fall in love with a player. He works hard and is good defensively, yes, but that's it. He played better than usual last night but that doesn't mean that he played great. He played a couple of balls up the wing straight into touch. But nobody comments on that stuff here.

And for the poster who said that Joseph didn't do much last night. I couldn't disagree more. The difference between Jospeh and Robbo is huge, even if their salaries don't show it.

Okay, here come the "ROBBO FOR MVP" posts. :rolleyes:

Boondaddy
08-24-2008, 03:02 PM
Robinson lazy??? Gimme a break....more like Man of the Match. If anyone understands positional football, it's Robbo....

jmorgs88
08-24-2008, 03:08 PM
sutton should not need to come out for that ball given the trajectory and the fact that twellman should have had marshall all over him, Robbo is such a big asset to our team whether it is mentoring our younger players, being solid defensively or any of the other things he contributes.....

v00d00daddy
08-24-2008, 03:10 PM
I know I'll take a lot of flack for saying this but I thought the best TFC player out there last night was Guevara. Yes he holds on to the ball too long and is a bit of a hog, but at least he's creative. At least he creates space for people. We need to get away from the long ball and the over use of wing play. I know that's how this team is built but it's not working and it's terrible to watch. Guevara brings flair and creativity, something sorely lacking with this team.

P.S. I'm not a huge Robbo fan but to call him lazy is nuts. If there is one thing he does right every game, it's hustle.

CretanBull
08-24-2008, 03:10 PM
He works hard and is good defensively, yes, but that's it.

What do you mean "but that's it"? His role on the team is to be a leader, work hard and play well defensively. Game in and game out he does exactly what is asked and expected of him...that can't be said for a good part of the rest of the starting XI.

v00d00daddy
08-24-2008, 03:13 PM
sutton should not need to come out for that ball given the trajectory and the fact that twellman should have had marshall all over him, Robbo is such a big asset to our team whether it is mentoring our younger players, being solid defensively or any of the other things he contributes.....

Seriously guys. Mentoring young players? What's he going to teach them? How to work hard? How to be a nice guy off the field?

How about we get a real bonafide star (past or present) and let them show the youngsters what it takes to be a star. Hard work and determination should be staples in the pro athletes repetoire. Not things that need to be taught. Robbo is a nice guy and all but I don't want Robbo mentoring Ibbe on how to perform out there. I think Ibbe already knows how to pass the ball out to the open players on the wings.:rolleyes:

v00d00daddy
08-24-2008, 03:17 PM
What do you mean "but that's it"? His role on the team is to be a leader, work hard and play well defensively. Game in and game out he does exactly what is asked and expected of him...that can't be said for a good part of the rest of the starting XI.

Nope, that's where you're wrong in my opinion. Just because he's a DM, it doesn't mean that he is not responsible for moving the ball in an attacking manner. Look at Shalrie Jospeh. The guy was never caught out of position, played a great defensive game BUT was also involved in the attack.

Robbo needs to do more than stop the oppositions attacks. He's not a fucking defender. He needs to be the link to Guevara. Unfortunately all he ever does with the ball is push it back to his defenders or out to Brennan and Wynne on the wings. This leaves Guevara having to track back to see a piece of the ball.

Granted, last night Robbo moved the ball decently up to Guevara, but this is a rarity and not the norm.

It's not enough for Robbo to be a 5th defender. He needs to be involved in the attack.......especially when he's getting paid more than everyone out there in red.

ManUtd4ever
08-24-2008, 03:18 PM
It is getting somewhat tiresome having to debate Robbo's worth to TFC every week. Anyone who doesn't think that he has been our defensive anchor this season is obviously not watching him closely enough throughout the course of an entire match. I appreciate the way Robbo directs traffic and controls the midfield even more when I watch him in person at BMO...

Boondaddy
08-24-2008, 03:22 PM
I know I'll take a lot of flack for saying this but I thought the best TFC player out there last night was Guevara. Yes he holds on to the ball too long and is a bit of a hog, but at least he's creative. At least he creates space for people. We need to get away from the long ball and the over use of wing play. I know that's how this team is built but it's not working and it's terrible to watch. Guevara brings flair and creativity, something sorely lacking with this team.

P.S. I'm not a huge Robbo fan but to call him lazy is nuts. If there is one thing he does right every game, it's hustle.

exactly.

...and I agree Guevara had his best game in ages.

v00d00daddy
Listen guys. If you're getting tired of defending Robbo then stop over valuing him. Yes, he's a good DM, but some of you guys make him out to be our saviour out there. Stop calling him our MVP and the bright light of every game and I'll stop saying that he's not as good as you think he is.

That's the key guys. He's good. Just not as good as you're making him out to be.

RYANTFC
can't this be posted in the complaint thread?

TFC USA
08-24-2008, 03:27 PM
I really think the goal was Ricketts' fault.

Even though he was far away from the play, he could've, in that time, run all the way to the penalty area and head it away from safety.

v00d00daddy
can't this be posted in the complaint thread?

It can be and probably will be. It's a shame though. It's getting to be that rational, calm discussion is being seen as complaining just because the topic is not shared by some people on this board. Maybe you should go back to talking about how great TFC is and the atmosphere in the south end or whatever else makes you feel all warm inside.

All we're doing here is talking about TFC. The team, the players, and the games. So sorry we're complaining too much for you.

CretanBull
Nope, that's where you're wrong in my opinion. Just because he's a DM, it doesn't mean that he is not responsible for moving the ball in an attacking manner. Look at Shalrie Jospeh. The guy was never caught out of position, played a great defensive game BUT was also involved in the attack.

Robbo needs to do more than stop the oppositions attacks. He's not a fucking defender. He needs to be the link to Guevara. Unfortunately all he ever does with the ball is push it back to his defenders or out to Brennan and Wynne on the wings. This leaves Guevara having to track back to see a piece of the ball.

Granted, last night Robbo moved the ball decently up to Guevara, but this is a rarity and not the norm.

It's not enough for Robbo to be a 5th defender. He needs to be involved in the attack.......especially when he's getting paid more than everyone out there in red.

If your arguement is that Joseph is better than Robinson, then no one is going to argue with you. My point is that better than anyone else on the team Robbo does what is asked of him. He plays the ball to the wings because he's expected to do that. Our D is shit, playing the ball to the wing is smart & safe. It's up to the wingers to take the team forward. Tactically that's how we play. Robbo covers his responsibilities well. Plays fall apart in front of him & break down behind him but rarely around him or because of him.

olegunnar

I agree 100%

The guy is 6'6 and the ball was in the air for ages.

I was in the NW corner last night and had a great view of the NE goal.
It was a moonball cross...sure Marshall should be aware of who's behind him and didn't deal witht he situation well...but Sutton took a step or two to go get the ball, then as usual chickened out and stopped...so he's not going for the ball...and he's not on his line...so in effect he's put himself in a useless position.

He's tall and lanky so he gets in the way of shots. I guess that's why he's got a cult following here because shot stopping is obvious. Besides getting in the way he's useless....crosses/distribution etc.

Can you imagine? The most important CMNT game in 23 years is in less than 2 weeks and people are talking about having this stiff in net for it.

rocker
That's the key guys. He's good. Just not as good as you're making him out to be.

the person who started this thread said he "hates" Robbo and that he's "lazy."

the comments defending Robbo here seem to be directed at the haters who make him out to be total shit. you need to realize that when people say they "hate" him, people are gonna defend him. If you see people saying he's an MVP, it's probably just hyperbole to match the hyperbole. maybe you should reply to the creator of the thread instead of those defending.

As well, to the guy who quoted the salaries of the two -- how about some context please? you couldn't get Shalrie Joseph on TFC if you tried, and he was already signed to NE before our team started.
You also wouldn't be able to bring in a Shalrie Joseph imitation player from elsewhere for that price.

To talk about "value" given their contracts, between these guys, completely misses the point.

v00d00daddy
08-24-2008, 03:31 PM
the person who started this thread said he "hates" Robbo and that he's "lazy."

the comments defending Robbo here seem to be directed at the haters who make him out to be total shit.

As well, to the guy who quoted the salaries of the two -- how about some context please? you couldn't get Shalrie Joseph on TFC if you tried, and he was already signed to NE before our team started.
You also wouldn't be able to bring in a Shalrie Joseph imitation player from elsewhere for that price.

Agreed. Hate for Robbo is seriously misplaced and he's definitely not lazy. Howevery, if you disagree with the original poster it doesn't mean that you come back with stories of how Robbo is our best player and we would be lost without him. That's just as big an exageration as calling him shit and lazy.

As for Joseph v. Robbo. What price are you talking about? Is it the max under the cap, without being a DP that they're each getting paid? Robbo makes 330 k a year. 14th highest in the LEAGUE. Do you think it makes sense to pay that much for, at best, the 2nd best defensive mid in the league. (prob more accurate to say that their are 3-4 better holding mids in the league)

Forget the rest of the league. Robbo is our highest paid player. That's not right, plain and simple.

TFC07
08-24-2008, 04:58 PM
Agreed. Hate for Robbo is seriously misplaced and he's definitely not lazy. Howevery, if you disagree with the original poster it doesn't mean that you come back with stories of how Robbo is our best player and we would be lost without him. That's just as big an exageration as calling him shit and lazy.

As for Joseph v. Robbo. What price are you talking about? Is it the max under the cap, without being a DP that they're each getting paid? Robbo makes 330 k a year. 14th highest in the LEAGUE. Do you think it makes sense to pay that much for, at best, the 2nd best defensive mid in the league. (prob more accurate to say that their are 3-4 better holding mids in the league)

Forget the rest of the league. Robbo is our highest paid player. That's not right, plain and simple.

How many years does Robbo have left in his contract? I hope TFC re-sign him for 150K-200K.

dannyd
08-24-2008, 06:49 PM
gotta say, although I think Robinson's decent, I agree with the original post. He could have done more to attack the ball. There was no reason to stand around ball watching, he was trying to point to tell other people where to go, meanwhile not doing anything himself to attack the ball.

Poor play on Robinson's part to allow such an easy cross...

Having said that though... there were 8 players behind the ball at the time of the cross... that makes a few others guilty of ball watching too... a problem we've had all season.

Chapman
08-24-2008, 06:56 PM
Guevara may have had a good game but in any of the set pieces he was pretty awful.

dannyd
08-24-2008, 06:58 PM
Guevara may have had a good game but in any of the set pieces he was pretty awful.

I guess you weren't here last year when Robinson handled all the dead-ball situations lol...

dannyd
08-24-2008, 07:05 PM
I agree 100%

The guy is 6'6 and the ball was in the air for ages.

I was in the NW corner last night and had a great view of the NE goal.
It was a moonball cross...sure Marshall should be aware of who's behind him and didn't deal witht he situation well...but Sutton took a step or two to go get the ball, then as usual chickened out and stopped...so he's not going for the ball...and he's not on his line...so in effect he's put himself in a useless position.

He's tall and lanky so he gets in the way of shots. I guess that's why he's got a cult following here because shot stopping is obvious. Besides getting in the way he's useless....crosses/distribution etc.

Can you imagine? The most important CMNT game in 23 years is in less than 2 weeks and people are talking about having this stiff in net for it.

I couldn't agree more. Sutton's goalkeeping frustrates me to no end. Yes, he's the best we've got and a decent keeper. But NO WAY is he national team material and I hope Mo is keeping an eye out for imrpovements. Although I've noticed Sutton's distribution has improved a little this year (which isn't saying much).

To me, nothing is more frustrating than when a GK needlessly gives away possession or waits until the other team tracks back to play the ball missing a great counter-attack possibility. And ffs GROW SOME CAJONES AND COME OFF YOUR LINE ONCE IN A WHILE lol...

peskypetey
08-24-2008, 09:02 PM
MOM and he completely deserved it, best player on the field and he outplayed Joseph.

Lazy... never.

Derko
08-25-2008, 10:33 AM
Robinson did what he does every game. He makes 10 great plays for every 5 bad plays. They give out man of the match to him as a default for every game when they can't actually pick somebody who actually stood out. I can't believe how easily some of you guys fall in love with a player. He works hard and is good defensively, yes, but that's it. He played better than usual last night but that doesn't mean that he played great. He played a couple of balls up the wing straight into touch. But nobody comments on that stuff here.

And for the poster who said that Joseph didn't do much last night. I couldn't disagree more. The difference between Jospeh and Robbo is huge, even if their salaries don't show it.

Okay, here come the "ROBBO FOR MVP" posts. :rolleyes:

Yes there were a few times when Robbo passed the ball into touch, but then again there were a few others guilty of errant passes,weren't there!!
I wouldn't say that they are giving out man of the match awards to Robbo by default, using that mentality wouldn't it be obvious that the powers to be would award it to Sutton, the goalkeeper whom made 4 or 5 outstanding plays, or for that matter the strike by Barrett to score the goal was world class in my opinion, so would you give it to barrett, I ask?
There is no question that Carl Robinson has been our most consistent DM, In my opinion. MVP, maybe or maybe not, depends on who shines in the latter part of the season.

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-25-2008, 01:25 PM
The NE goal last night is a perfect example why i grew to hate the guy and considering him as lazy. Any other decent DM in the world knows that it is his responsability to press Tierney while he just stood there watching and waiting expecting that the guy will just give him the ball back. I am not sure if it is a laziness factor or just lack of knowledge...
Actually, standing off is what you usually do when you have three defenders behind you, who you can reasonably expect to properly mark the striker. :rolleyes: If he presses Tierney, he could have taken the ball past him, and then they would really have been screwed.

Smenge
08-25-2008, 01:42 PM
Robinson is a better player now that he was last year, thank god he no longer touches the ball in set pieces. But he is no saviour, comparing him to Joseph is embarrassing. Even Robinson himself would laugh at that one.

dannyd
08-25-2008, 01:45 PM
Actually, standing off is what you usually do when you have three defenders behind you, who you can reasonably expect to properly mark the striker. :rolleyes: If he presses Tierney, he could have taken the ball past him, and then they would really have been screwed.

There's a difference between being 8 yards away from the ball, and standing off. Standing off just means not going in for the tackle, you can still apply some pressure. Not trying to argue, just sayin...

burlington Red
08-25-2008, 03:50 PM
pretty sad to see some people criticising Robbo, he plays defensive centre mid, he isn't going to dribble past three players, that isn't his game, breaking up play and starting new attacks is, which he does very well. If anybody should be criticised for their performance the other night it should be Guevara, his 2nd half performance was awful, how many times did he pass the ball straight to NE, and then stand around and watch play move up the field, at one point he stood kicking at the grass, angry with himself, but NE were bombing forward at this stage, he should be chasing back trying to get the ball back, not standing around like a spoilt child throwing a tantrum. I hate his attitude, he took a dive the other night rolled around in agony, looked up and the ref didn't award him a free kick, so he jumped up and started playing again, yet 30 secs earlier looked like he was dead.To be Fair to him, he did show glimpses in the 1st half, but I still don't think over 90 mins in any game he has gripped the game by the scruff and dictated play, the way his ability should allow him, he has the skills, maybe lacks a bit in the heart dept, similiar problem that Robert had.My anti Guevara rant is over, thanks

Red Patch CA
08-25-2008, 04:16 PM
I gotta be more disciplined in reading these threads. Should have known from the title that there was no point in reading. The first comment was too over the top to comment on.

Bloody waste of time.:(

v00d00daddy
08-25-2008, 05:04 PM
pretty sad to see some people criticising Robbo, he plays defensive centre mid, he isn't going to dribble past three players, that isn't his game, breaking up play and starting new attacks is, which he does very well. If anybody should be criticised for their performance the other night it should be Guevara, his 2nd half performance was awful, how many times did he pass the ball straight to NE, and then stand around and watch play move up the field, at one point he stood kicking at the grass, angry with himself, but NE were bombing forward at this stage, he should be chasing back trying to get the ball back, not standing around like a spoilt child throwing a tantrum. I hate his attitude, he took a dive the other night rolled around in agony, looked up and the ref didn't award him a free kick, so he jumped up and started playing again, yet 30 secs earlier looked like he was dead.To be Fair to him, he did show glimpses in the 1st half, but I still don't think over 90 mins in any game he has gripped the game by the scruff and dictated play, the way his ability should allow him, he has the skills, maybe lacks a bit in the heart dept, similiar problem that Robert had.My anti Guevara rant is over, thanks

Why is it "sad" to criticize Robbo. Everybody gets criticized. Why should he be any different. He makes plenty of mistakes to warrant criticism. I don't understand why so many people are in love with this fucking guy. I'm starting to think it's not so much a love for him but rather a dislike for anyone not like him.

You say Guevara has the skills but "lacks a bit in the heart department". Some may agree with you. I don't but that's okay.

My problem is that you wash over the "he has the skills" part. THAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING DUDE!!!!!!!

You can have all the heart and determination in the world, but if you don't have the skills to go along with it you're just Rudy from that damn Notre Dame movie.

Amado GUEVARA is, Hands Down, the most talented player on TFC. Robbo isn't even 4th or 5th. Why give so much credit for working hard and not diving?

I hate diving as much as the next guy but I would gladly put up with a dive or two a game if it means TFC playing more skilled, intelligent soccer.

You guys with "that" soccer mentality from a certain part of the world are beginning to worry me. You'd rather have the guy who works hard and plays tough, than the guy who dives and whines from time to time but can actually do something with the ball.

Jack
08-25-2008, 05:48 PM
Why is it "sad" to criticize Robbo. Everybody gets criticized. Why should he be any different. He makes plenty of mistakes to warrant criticism. I don't understand why so many people are in love with this fucking guy. I'm starting to think it's not so much a love for him but rather a dislike for anyone not like him.

You say Guevara has the skills but "lacks a bit in the heart department". Some may agree with you. I don't but that's okay.

My problem is that you wash over the "he has the skills" part. THAT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING DUDE!!!!!!!

You can have all the heart and determination in the world, but if you don't have the skills to go along with it you're just Rudy from that damn Notre Dame movie.

Amado GUEVARA is, Hands Down, the most talented player on TFC. Robbo isn't even 4th or 5th. Why give so much credit for working hard and not diving?

I hate diving as much as the next guy but I would gladly put up with a dive or two a game if it means TFC playing more skilled, intelligent soccer.

You guys with "that" soccer mentality from a certain part of the world are beginning to worry me. You'd rather have the guy who works hard and plays tough, than the guy who dives and whines from time to time but can actually do something with the ball.
Disagree.

What he does takes talent. It's a different kind of talent than what Guevara has, but it's talent nonetheless.

Across_The_Pond
08-25-2008, 05:58 PM
I am not sure if it is a laziness factor or just lack of knowledge...

Are you for real?

v00d00daddy
08-25-2008, 06:19 PM
Disagree.

What he does takes talent. It's a different kind of talent than what Guevara has, but it's talent nonetheless.

What he does takes talent. I agree. Much like the talent it takes to do what Sutton does, or what Guevara does, or what Ricketts does. The only difference is that when Guevara and Ricketts (especially last game) make mistakes everybody jumps on them because they've screwed up a scoring opportunity. When Sutton makes a mistake it costs TFC a goal.

When Robbo makes a mistake it's a lost ball just on our side of half. That mistake gets washed away by our defender cleaning up or people just forget about it because now the other team has the ball and we can start all over again.

Basically what I'm saying is that Robbo's successes on the field are magnified because he wins those 50/50 balls with determination and we love that and it's awesome. On the other hand we turn a blind eye to all of his little mistakes because they rarely cost us anything tangible. The problem is that they are mistakes nonetheless and he makes a few of them every single game.

Now some of the fans have made him out to be this great player of ours and they can't even objectively criticise the guy. The goal TFC gave up on Saturday can be blamed on a bunch of things:

1-Poor marking at the back by Marshall.
2-Poor goaltending by Sutton
3-Even poor tactics from Carver for playing 3 at the back.

But what goes un-noticed (for the most part) is that Robbo had the chance to close down the NE player who crossed the ball into the box. He could have pressured the player. The cross would have still come into the box but perhaps with a little less accuracy. The NE player had all day to compose himself, look up, and pick his spot. Robbo was watching him all the while.

Why have there been so few comments about how Robbo contributed to the goal against on Saturday? I'll tell you why. Because a lot of you have fallen in love with him, taken pictures with him, made avatars with him, etc......... You guys are incapable of criticizing the guy any more. He's not even close to perfect but you guys talk as if he is.

Everybody deserves criticsim some times. It's a shame that when somebody is critical of Robbo everybody gets their undies in a bunch and starts spouting foolish shit like MVP.

The Robbo "OVER-LOVE" has swept right through this entire organization.

How do you give man of the match to a guy who should bear at least some fault for the goal against, and had little to do with Barrett's goal?
Yes he did other stuff throughout the game but so did other people. Guevara had a great game and didn't help in causing a goal against.

How does MOTM get chosen anyway? Who votes?

Chapman
08-25-2008, 08:34 PM
I guess you weren't here last year when Robinson handled all the dead-ball situations lol...

Don't get me wrong im not saying Robinson is any better at set pieces just that Guevara and quite the tough time with them last night. But then again he hasn't taken as many since Robert was taking the majority and had them all put on his shoulders suddenly last night.