PDA

View Full Version : We were a much imporved side tonight.

Shakes McQueen
08-23-2008, 08:35 PM
What else is there to say? We were putting gobs of pressure on New England all night.

Poor Ricketts is going to feel sick tonight, though. So many golden chances for him, that he couldn't finish. Though I still give him huge props for his work on Barrett's goal.

About 2/3's of our team seemed to have a scoring chance at some point.

Though the draw was tough to accept, because of all the chances, I have to say the team played with a lot of fire and heart tonight. After the Red Bulls match, I have to say I am heartened again.

Curious to hear what some of the RPB's think, that were at the match.

- Scott

Shakes McQueen
08-23-2008, 08:37 PM
I also can't help but wonder if the result would have been different with Ruiz playing. Especially if he had been served all of those tragically missed chances we had today.

- Scott

TFC USA
08-23-2008, 08:44 PM
I also can't help but wonder if the result would have been different with Ruiz playing. Especially if he had been served all of those tragically missed chances we had today.

- Scott

We played at home, end of story.

Ruiz probably would've dived in the penalty area, getting a straight red.

pedro
08-23-2008, 08:48 PM
James put his face on the line and saved that game. He is my new hero.

Beach_Red
08-23-2008, 08:50 PM
We played at home, end of story.

No, there's a little more to the story. Missing players or not, NE has been a good team for a long time. Two weeks ago they would have beaten us 3-0. Guevara looked a lot better than he has in many games.

They looked a team tonight.

kdzb
08-23-2008, 08:56 PM
Ricketts must be devastated with all the opportunities he missed.
We played very well and for once I'm surprised with Harmes performance.
Guevara was the man of the match hands down and Barrett + Robinson were solid.
It was just one point but for once I'm very proud of our boys. they played with heart for the entire 90 minutes.
I guess Ruiz will add a punch to this team...The horizon looks bright.

Shakes McQueen
08-23-2008, 08:58 PM
I forgot to mention that - what a great game by Harmse. I too was surprised.

- Scott

Smenge
08-23-2008, 09:01 PM
Both teams played poorly, giving up way too many chances in the box....New England was missing several key players, and Twellman was not fit...yet they still drew with TFC, a team that plays desperate football in the final fifteen minutes of every game....all the missed chances by TFC in the second half is the story of this franchise.....they were lucky to get the point.

Shakes McQueen
08-23-2008, 09:07 PM
I think it's funny that, after coming to this site for a while, you actually know what is said in threads, without reading them. You just need to look at who made the last post.

As an example, I knew roughly what TFC USA and Smenge were going to say, before clicking the link. :D

- Scott

Detroit_TFC
08-23-2008, 09:26 PM
Poor game? I don't think so, the passing was better, fewer long ball bombs to nobody, more challenges on possession, less turnovers.

Poor game maybe compared to that new powerhouse of the Prem, Stoke City (j/k), but compared to our recent form, I was surprised and well entertained.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-23-2008, 09:32 PM
Defo looked good.
Linesmans a pedo.
Rosenlund needs to start over harmse next game, Harmse was shutting down passes and then passing them righ tback to the revs. No.

tlear
08-23-2008, 09:37 PM
Harmse was looking good I thought but Rosenlund looked even better.

Overall good game, we could have won it but at the same time we could have lost it.. Pretty happy overall.

James17930
08-23-2008, 09:48 PM
Harmse was looking good I thought but Rosenlund looked even better.

Overall good game, we could have won it but at the same time we could have lost it.. Pretty happy overall.

I don't know if he looked better, necessarily . . . he didn't have as much time in the game as Harmse did . . . but they both definitely looked good.

You can tell Carver told Harmse to attack, that if he's playing with Robbo he's the attacking mid and he can't just sit back and do nothing all game like in NY. And, to Harmse's credit, he really came out flying. So as much as we rag on him all the time, he's showing himself to be a dependable, coachable bench-guy.

Which is I guess why Carver likes him so much.

dag
08-23-2008, 09:51 PM
I actually thought, generally speaking, that Toronto had the better first half. But inconsistent touches, poor finishes, and a lack of vision contributed to a draw instead of victory.

And the fact that the back left the New England player entirely unmarked to score their goal.

Bloor West FC
08-23-2008, 09:58 PM
TFC was better no doubt about it. But what the hell, they got to control the ball better!!! There were so many times when we just received a pass and put the ball out of play! There were too many of those. But overall they had a tone of heart today. Maybe it's the improvement in the south end chants today. Gotta give it to the U-Sector guy tonight! We were all together!! :)

MUFC_Niagara
08-23-2008, 10:26 PM
I don't know if he looked better, necessarily . . . he didn't have as much time in the game as Harmse did . . . but they both definitely looked good.

You can tell Carver told Harmse to attack, that if he's playing with Robbo he's the attacking mid and he can't just sit back and do nothing all game like in NY. And, to Harmse's credit, he really came out flying. So as much as we rag on him all the time, he's showing himself to be a dependable, coachable bench-guy.

Which is I guess why Carver likes him so much.

Or in the world of sports terms - a role player :D haha

rocker
08-23-2008, 10:34 PM
I thought they played well... except for finishing of Ricketts and a few mistakes here and there (James).
TFC had a lot of space to work with in the midfield in this game.
at half me and my dad were talking about whether you'd sub in anyone, and honestly we couldn't think of anyone to take off... maybe james, but otherwise there wasn't anyone doing anything really badly out there.

but in MLS everything feels like it's on a knife edge.

ensco
08-23-2008, 10:44 PM
Ibbe's flick on to Ricketts was incredible.

Barrett had the best goal by a forward not named Daniele in TFC history.

Guevara looked spent (played 90 minutes in the Azteca 3 nights ago and he's 31).

Brennan was invisible. He's been lost for weeks, imho.

Very impressed by Wynne, especially in first half. he's not just super fast, and talented, he's tough. His early left footer almost worked! He's gone soon too, I fear.

Harmse should have come out earlier. He had a great first half but is a liability up front if we need a goal. Did that low cross in the box go between his legs? He looked like Cunny on that one.

Nice to see Edu there. Wish we'd had a better send-off chant for him (to be fair, it was attempted several times).

Tons of unforced errors in midfield by both teams. Shalrie Joseph and Harmse had about 10 each.

Carver actually went with two forwards for the full 90 tonight, even though it meant that Ricketts was one of them. Wish he'd done that all along.

It would have been a decent result if we weren't so desparate for the 3 points.

Sigh. Two frustrating 1-1 losses at BMO in one week.

stugautz
08-23-2008, 10:46 PM
Ricketts hustle set up that goal. Heart and detrmination. Can't explain that miss though.

Wynne played hard as well. I don't understand how Robinson got man of the match, Ricketts looked much better to me.

JonO
08-23-2008, 10:46 PM
from where I was sitting it looked good. even though it was a blown assignment in the revs goal, it was still a pretty damn good header. passing looked crisp and we generated more offense than we have in a while. Can't say i was happy with the result, but I was pleasantly surprised by the play on the pitch...

Corcai
08-23-2008, 10:47 PM
Good Match, but it is absolutely painful to watch the lack of ball control in this league.

Seriously though... fucking painful.

rocker
08-23-2008, 10:53 PM
ya the balls bounce straight up on first touch... you can't give the opposition that kind of time.. I saw Barrett receive a regular pass and it bounced up to his waist... sigh.

but barrett's goal was a beauty.. not sure why shitcago fans were all over this guy.
he really worked hard and smartly today (not just a goal).

JonO
08-23-2008, 10:53 PM
Ricketts hustle set up that goal. Heart and detrmination. Can't explain that miss though.

Wynne played hard as well. I don't understand how Robinson got man of the match, Ricketts looked much better to me.
MOM is a tough one tonight. to be fair though, I'd say 95% of all our plays went through robbo tonight. anyone who got the ball in the midfield looked to him...

Vep
08-23-2008, 11:25 PM
The first half....seemed like we were trying to play more defense...our offense wasn't there.

Second half...played much better...and woke up...but still...control on passing was weak and many missed opportunities that we should have capitalized on.

Overall though...it was better than a loss.

MrHawk
08-23-2008, 11:27 PM
The 3 things that I didn't agree with

1) why do they always attack in the middle? Does no one open up the flanks?

2) SHOOT. Stop trying to go for the fancy goal

3) Throw-ins. Why was everyone in the penalty box? Wouldnt at least one guy come out?

Nodoubtguy
08-23-2008, 11:34 PM
I just don't get how we seem to have so many passes that end up nowhere near an intended player......

Whoop
08-23-2008, 11:40 PM
The 3 things that I didn't agree with

1) why do they always attack in the middle? Does no one open up the flanks?

2) SHOOT. Stop trying to go for the fancy goal

3) Throw-ins. Why was everyone in the penalty box? Wouldnt at least one guy come out?

Holy crap... I don't understand why they don't.

I mean I'm no Liverpool fan but watching the second half of the game when they were down they were just putting the ball in the box and taking loads of shots hoping something would go in and bam they win.

And essentially that's what Barrett did on the goal he just turned and shot.

MrHawk
08-23-2008, 11:51 PM
I thought for a second your message was a sarcastic response to mine.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-24-2008, 03:10 AM
at half me and my dad were talking about whether you'd sub in anyone, and honestly we couldn't think of anyone to take off...

HAHAA
had the same conversation with my old boy, its a good sign when you cant think of a man to come off. In the end, about the 75th-80th minute we decided that Ricketts should come off (cuz he was tired and deserved a break) for JoSmith (hes young, fast as fuck and wants to prove himself).
Really tho, it was a great effort from the boys.

ensco
08-24-2008, 09:11 AM
Good Match, but it is absolutely painful to watch the lack of ball control in this league.

Agree. It's why I don't watch many non-TFC games.

T_Mizz
08-24-2008, 09:13 AM
It's bad but why do you think more beer is drunk (drank?) at a TFC game than at a Raptors game and Leafs game combined. A few brews and you're watching Man U v Barca

Smenge
08-24-2008, 09:29 AM
What can I say? A few more games like this one, and TFC will be dead last in the league. In soccer, the difference between winning and losing, is often a botched shot, a poor pass, an offside call......when TFC needs to execute in these close, game-defining moments, they fuck up....so we keep applauding the close calls, the near misses, the bad bounce, the bad referee....in the end, the team sucks....it is entertaining, because it is football, and it is in Toronto, and the crowd is great, the women are tanned, but the team sucks....how we could let go of EDU without much of a fight shows that this team is a last place contender right to the end.......sorry, i cannot get excited about a 1-1 draw.

Beach_Red
08-24-2008, 09:31 AM
It's bad but why do you think more beer is drunk (drank?) at a TFC game than at a Raptors game and Leafs game combined. A few brews and you're watching Man U v Barca

You must be young :) if you think the hockey at a Leafs game is any higher quality than the soccer at a TFC game.

pubboy
08-24-2008, 09:50 AM
I must have been watchign a different game. I thought in the main, we played without any real threat. We must have had one shot on target in the first half. Our midfield were playing way too deep, which led to breaks falling down before they had started - i.e. defence playing teh ball out into gaps, and there being no TFC players anywehere near (and no - not directly after a corner or any sustained pressure). Defense played well. Midfield was non existent, and Rickets should be thoroughly embarrassed at missing a hatful of chances.

Smenge
08-24-2008, 09:57 AM
It doesn't take much to excite tfc supporters these days, that is what winning once in 11 games will do for you.....this team is marginally better than the 2007 squad, and is probably not as good as half the USL clubs..there is absolutely nothing the get excited about, other than the experience of having pro soccer in toronto.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-24-2008, 10:27 AM
It doesn't take much to excite tfc supporters these days, that is what winning once in 11 games will do for you.....this team is marginally better than the 2007 squad, and is probably not as good as half the USL clubs..there is absolutely nothing the get excited about, other than the experience of having pro soccer in toronto.

Why bother to support em at all hey?
Man us TFC supporters are suckers.

Beach_Red
08-24-2008, 10:30 AM
Why bother to support em at all hey?
Man us TFC supporters are suckers.

I always hear Reverend Lovejoy talking to Ned Flanders, "Have you tried any of the other major religions, Ned, they're all pretty much the same..."

Soccer has failed in North America many times before, but it isn't going to fail this time. We're not going to give up on it 1 1/2 years in.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-24-2008, 10:34 AM
I always hear Reverend Lovejoy talking to Ned Flanders, "Have you tried any of the other major religions, Ned, they're all pretty much the same..."

Soccer has failed in North America many times before, but it isn't going to fail this time. We're not going to give up on it 1 1/2 years in.

HAHAHA
especially after a run of bad games due to various things including shitty play, international games, injuries, poorly planned friendlies. It was a promising season at the start, its not over yet (tho playoff chances look that way), regardless that doesnt mean there arent alot of positives and potential.

If you dont want any downs with your ups pick a super team and dont bother messing with those of us that love the rollercoaster that is football

koryo
08-24-2008, 11:11 AM

Troll.

Just ignore this guy. Not worth responding to. He's not TFC, so he's not worth the effort.

Probably a Euro-snob who insists on comparing everything to England or whatever.

Smenge, take the team and league for what it is, have a little patience or just fuck right off back to the baseball.

Dbl_D
08-24-2008, 11:33 AM
I forgot to mention that - what a great game by Harmse. I too was surprised.

- Scott

we were obviously watching different games... Harmse was a brutal as ever... missed every many passes made to him blew many made to others... and ytf keep rickets in the game, carver should have pulled him when he put ibrahim in the game...

Ossington Mental Youth
08-24-2008, 11:35 AM
we were obviously watching different games... Harmse was a brutal as ever... missed every many passes made to him blew many made to others... and ytf keep rickets in the game, carver should have pulled him when he put ibrahim in the game...

his passing was shit but he was shutting down plays, honestly Rosenlund deserves a chance over him next game

Smenge
08-24-2008, 11:42 AM
I don't like baseball, you asshole. Supporting a team is one thing, supporting a losing team is another, that is why MLSE loves jerks like you, you will cheer a losing team, no matter what...partly explains why the Leafs have been shit for so fucking long....all we are creating here is a carbon copy of the leaf experience in toronto. Support your crappy teams without criticism, without analysis, without hope. That is right, it surprises me to no end that MLSE will assume, much like they do with leaf supporters, that you could field a team of apes, and the people will keep coming...but it works.....this team has won only one game in 11, and lost to the USL for the rights to represent the country...what a fucking embarrassment, anybody who supports them without their eyes open are only helping to sustain, and not improve, the team.....MO and MLSE are thinking of earning money for the shareholders first, and building a team, second...as simplistic as this seams to you, it is the reality of pro sports in toronto......i have season tickets, and expect a hell of a lot more...plus, EDU was my favorite player, and he is gone for nothing.....this is no way to engender support...if all you are is a beer drinking gob of shit, then you are no soccer fan, just a drunk who needs half naked men beside you in order to enjoy yourself....

Wooster_TFC
08-24-2008, 11:54 AM
his passing was shit but he was shutting down plays, honestly Rosenlund deserves a chance over him next game

Interesting comments about Harmse in general.

I saw the game on the TV, and I must say in the first half, other than some early on chances created by the wingbacks (Brennan and Wynne) Harmse was about the only one creating anything offensively. Ricketts was almost invisible, and 90% of the time when Barrett had the ball he was holding it up to try and get some support. Harmse played a great first half, and was unlucky not to create a goal. Only "screw up" was not getting a touch on that low hard cross, which is ridiculously difficult to do anyways.

Now, in the second half (before he was subbed) Harmse was shite. He looked gassed, broke up a couple of plays, but not that many. Generally the play would get broken up by Robbo, he would try the give-and-go that worked so well with Harmse in the first half, only to have a gassed Harmse get closed down and pass the ball to a rev player.

Harmse looks like he can develop into a decent depth player, but it also looks like he's only good if he's going balls to the wall all the time, which causes some mistakes (too many in the second half).

Ossington Mental Youth
08-24-2008, 11:57 AM
I don't like baseball, you asshole. Supporting a team is one thing, supporting a losing team is another, that is why MLSE loves jerks like you, you will cheer a losing team, no matter what...partly explains why the Leafs have been shit for so fucking long....all we are creating here is a carbon copy of the leaf experience in toronto. Support your crappy teams without criticism, without analysis, without hope. That is right, it surprises me to no end that MLSE will assume, much like they do with leaf supporters, that you could field a team of apes, and the people will keep coming...but it works.....this team has won only one game in 11, and lost to the USL for the rights to represent the country...what a fucking embarrassment, anybody who supports them without their eyes open are only helping to sustain, and not improve, the team.....MO and MLSE are thinking of earning money for the shareholders first, and building a team, second...as simplistic as this seams to you, it is the reality of pro sports in toronto......i have season tickets, and expect a hell of a lot more...plus, EDU was my favorite player, and he is gone for nothing.....this is no way to engender support...if all you are is a beer drinking gob of shit, then you are no soccer fan, just a drunk who needs half naked men beside you in order to enjoy yourself....

Have yet to feel that ive been taken advantage by MLSE.
Theyve started developing an academy and signed players in positions needed, some worked out, some didnt. We've performed well this year albeit maybe missing the playoffs, so im ok with that. Hired two great coaches which have both proven effective, pleased with that. Decided this all on my own by my adult self, as a soccer lover, one thats followed a team and several leagues in europe for years to renew my season tickets because they have kept their end of the bargain and at this point in time, in the second year of its existance, look as if they will continue to progress as a team.

Im sure as a soccer fan you know what mismanagement of clubs looks like as well what mediocrity looks like, one really has to be reasonable.

Wooster_TFC
08-24-2008, 12:00 PM

I love how everyone seems to bring up the Leafs when it has to do with crap management. Although I agree the Leafs have had crap management over the last decade, you need to look at recent MLSE history to decide for yourself:

Leafs: crap management for a decade
Raptors: crap management for a bit, fans start to leave although still making money, realize they need a competitive team to make more money, hire Colangelo.
TFC: decide, like Basketball, they know nothing about the sport, so they hire someone who does (MoJo). Second year realize they need a better coach, so they hire Carver (and get Winsper and other coaches). Looking to become competitive.
Leafs: Get rid of crap management, bring in Fletcher, start the search for good long term management, start the rebuilding process of dumping older, under-achieving overpaid bums.

To be honest, over the last 2-3 years, I've been quite happy with how MLSE has started to handle their sports franchises. Plus, they finally woke up (maybe) and realized that while they think they know it all about hockey, they really don't.

And this is the first and last time I'll respond to "the team is shite because MLSE wants it to be shite" stuff.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-24-2008, 12:00 PM
Still dont understand why its not to the benefit of MLSE to see this team become a successful winning team. Maybe its cuz i dont follow the leafs

Beach_Red
08-24-2008, 12:01 PM
Supporting a team is one thing, supporting a losing team is another,

Is that really what you meant to say?

Ossington Mental Youth
08-24-2008, 12:02 PM
Harmse looks like he can develop into a decent depth player, but it also looks like he's only good if he's going balls to the wall all the time, which causes some mistakes (too many in the second half).

yeah totally, hes a strange cat, still trying to wrap my mind around him, i think youre right tho, first adn foremost dudes a depth player that you play when youve not got another choice (we do, his name is Rosenlund, HA)

profit89
08-24-2008, 12:12 PM

For real. Players dont run into open spaces when they're off the ball.

For me, in watching MLS, DC United is really the only team that plays top quality watchable football.

Smenge
08-24-2008, 12:15 PM
I want tfc to succeed as much as the next guy,, but i refuse to be fooled into believing MO is the right guy for the job...this talk of getting grass is a joke. First, $3million is not enough money to buy one acre of land anywhere in the gta. Second, the city, and not MLSE, makes the decision. Third, nobody at MLSE wants grass: it is too expensive to maintain, and they already have what they consider to be a top quality carpet.....perhaps they will force season ticket holders to buy more marlie tickets to help pay for it..or the price for tickets go up 50% next season....nothing is free when it comes to mlse.

Beach_Red
08-24-2008, 12:18 PM
....nothing is free when it comes to mlse.

Okay, so where is it that stuff is free?

ginkster88
08-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Smenge:

10 years under MLSE, Leafs Winning %: 48%
10 years before MLSE, Leafs Winning %: 40%

In 1987-88 the Leafs went 21-49-10 and MADE THE PLAYOFFS. They made the playoffs winning just over a quarter of their games.

In 2007-08 the Leafs went 36-35-11 and didn't make the playoffs.

The league has changed, and MLSE will change with it. Wooster made the perfect points (as I have made to you before) about MLSE's tendency to hire proper management when the job isn't getting done. If Mo isn't up to it, they will get someone who is.

koryo
08-24-2008, 12:41 PM

Judging by the tone and lack of thought you put into your posts, you're the 'beer drinking gob of shit' son.

The fact that you expect a winning team in its second? Leave the petulance at the front door.

If you've followed the game for any length of time, you'd have a much healthier perspective on the state of this team.

Smenge
08-24-2008, 12:45 PM
Is is mere coincidence, that perhaps the two most supported pro clubs in north america, the Cubs, and the Leafs, are perennial losers? MLSE, in whatever incarnation it was, prior to the 1990s, can always rely on a steady, consistent, annual revenue, and this is why they are never going to build a championship club. The same group of dummies run both the raptors and TFC. Fill the stadium, and lose......it may not make sense to an ardent supporter, but it is a fact, at least here, in Toronto. The only way TFC builds a great team will be if, and when, people stop buying tickets at BMO....all the MOs in the world will not make a difference...and as far as the leafs go, it is a joke that people talk about Fletcher the way they do...this idiot was responsible for some of the worst moves ever in Leaf history, and traded virtually every first round pick.....remember "draft smaft"...that was fletcher...he is a boob....watch him build a great team this year......i can hardly wait.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-24-2008, 12:47 PM
Not a leafs fan.
Never have been, never will be.
This is not a bias i carry.
See previous post above as to why your fears apply solely to you (and other leaf fans).

Ossington Mental Youth
08-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Gotta see it from a different view in which the leafs are none existant.
They are an entirely different entity with an entirely different fan base, diff league, diff cap etc etc. Cut that out like cancer.

Smenge
08-24-2008, 12:49 PM
Koryo, when the team from San Jose pass tfc in the standings next month, are you going to still feel this way?...only the second year, son...who the fuck do you think you are, brother andre?......where have you been the past three months?...this team has won only one time in 11 games......and you are good with that?......what a dupe you must be.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-24-2008, 12:53 PM
Has San Jose past us yet?
Is the season over already?

ginkster88
08-24-2008, 12:55 PM
I must say, you do spice up the boards. Can't help but think that if we were at a pub we'd be outside by now though... My question to you is, when TFC hoists the MLS Cup under the ownership of MLSE, what act of humility will you perform for all of us believers?

Ossington Mental Youth
08-24-2008, 12:57 PM
he'll do nothing, im assuming by his standards we didnt score enough goals even tho we won

Smenge
08-24-2008, 01:11 PM
If TFC win with MO as manager and carver as coach, I will give myself hand relief at the intersection of Yonge and Dundas.....then i will have sex with Mo's blond girlfriend:

http://images.inmagine.com/img/bigcheese/bcsi001/bcsi001197.jpg

Beach_Red
08-24-2008, 01:21 PM
If TFC win with MO as manager and carver as coach, I will give myself hand relief at the intersection of Yonge and Dundas.....then i will have sex with Mo's blond girlfriend:

Okay, you don't like the guy, we get it. We'd like to think it was because of the way he runs the team and that it's not something personal, so why do you keep bringing this stuff up?

ensco
08-24-2008, 01:32 PM
Is is mere coincidence, that perhaps the two most supported pro clubs in north america, the Cubs, and the Leafs, are perennial losers?

Cubs are not supporting your thesis, buddy. They're one of most successful teams in baseball over last 5 years in terms of on-field record, as are all the other big money teams, the Yankees, Red Sox and Dodgers.

Money correlates to winning for everybody but the Leafs, it seems.

ginkster88
08-24-2008, 01:42 PM
cough, salary cap, cough.

Without a cap the Cowboys or Redskins would be trading superbowls.

The leafs would have every blue chip free agent from the last few years.

If MLSE owned the Jays, we would be near the top of the American league.

Shakes McQueen
08-24-2008, 05:12 PM
For me, in watching MLS, DC United is really the only team that plays top quality watchable football.

Really? DC United might be ahead of TFC in the standings, by virtue of having more wins, but they also have the most losses in the league (10).

They are a pretty good team, but I think calling their skills top quality might be overstating it.

As for "Smenge", all he does is spew negative shit about the club, and the management. Once the club is a little older, and starts winning more games, people like him will go strangely silent.

- Scott

profit89
08-24-2008, 07:27 PM
^top quality in the relative sense. Relative to MLS.

Smenge
08-24-2008, 08:27 PM
Sorry about the negativity. I was sold on MO's promise to make real improvements on the team. He said he would do whatever it takes to bring in top flight players, and a DP. With the incredible support, and season ticket sales, MLSE and MO felt they owed this to dopes like me. So now, when Mo has evidently lied to me, he is either a sorry mope who really has no clue what to do, or a fucking liar. So I got negative. that is what happens when people I like lie to me. What does it take for you mopes to get pissed off?....it seems the more the team sucks, the more you support them...and the reference to the leafs by some of you is a joke......seems few of you were around when the leafs were the second highest salaried team in the league, but still managed to miss the playoffs......own nolan for a draft choice...that is the story of the Leafs....the raptors are barely hanging on....but the air canada centre is full, that is all that matters.....the jays have not been close for fifteen years, but who is counting.......yes, toronto is a city of losers...it doesn t have to be this way....demand something better, after all, this is mls, not serie A....it should not be so hard to build a winning team....but it is toronto....what else is new.

Beach_Red
08-24-2008, 08:34 PM
Smenge, it does seem like professional sports is not for you. Have you thought of college sports, something that isn't a privately owned, for-profit business? There are some great college sports to follow, even in Toronto.

If you misunderstood the concept of expansion team, or salary cap or the fact that DP's have about twelve other leagues to chose from, that's too bad but it's really your problem, not the team's - and it's certainly not ours. Someday TFC supporters may get pissed off and stop buying tickets, but it'll really have to be more than one and a half years into the team.