PDA

View Full Version : Ricketts needs help....

CenturySam
08-23-2008, 10:16 AM
in his blog on the TFC website 'Rollin' with Ricketts' he asked...

"P.S. If anyone has any ideas for ROLLIN' WITH RICKETTS the visual show on Toronto FC TV, feel free to let me know through the message boards."

so let's help him out!

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-23-2008, 10:23 AM
I was gonna say he should chill with the V's at the Montreal game, but they've got the Chivas game that day...

SiguenzaFC
08-23-2008, 04:17 PM
He can pull pranks on other teammates...his excuse being that its all for TFC TV.

I would love to see Dichio getting angry and raising hell in the locker room.

deschamp86
08-23-2008, 08:32 PM
He can pull pranks on other teammates...his excuse being that its all for TFC TV.

I would love to see Dichio getting angry and raising hell in the locker room.

Punk'd TFC Style :)

Blixa
08-23-2008, 09:12 PM
Yeah, he needs fucking help scoring goals. That's what Ricketts needs after today's game. He missed an unbelievable sitter. Almost as bad as Cunningham.

Shakes McQueen
08-23-2008, 09:24 PM
Yeah, he needs fucking help scoring goals. That's what Ricketts needs after today's game. He missed an unbelievable sitter. Almost as bad as Cunningham.

He also engineered the goal we DID get. Comparing him to Cunningham after one unfortunate outing is just being unfair.

- Scott

The Oz

Rio Ferdinand did that same thing towards his Man Utd and England teamates. IT WAS PRICLESS LOL. It's all on youtube, he gets Wayne Rooney, Gary Neville, David James, David Beckham, and some others i believe. It's really good, he should try something on Jimmy B lol i would love to see that.

Moe911
what a loser couldnt control the ball must have to went cunningham's school of finishing.

Markham_RPB
08-23-2008, 09:28 PM
Rio Ferdinand did that same thing towards his Man Utd and England teamates. IT WAS PRICLESS LOL. It's all on youtube, he gets Wayne Rooney, Gary Neville, David James, David Beckham, and some others i believe. It's really good, he should try something on Jimmy B lol i would love to see that.

HAHA.

The one where he punk's Peter Crouch is priceless !

Moe911
08-23-2008, 09:30 PM
HAHA.

The one where he punk's Peter Crouch is priceless !

The russian gangsters? ye that was jokes

denime
08-23-2008, 09:32 PM
He spent to much time with Cunny,and now he can't find the net.I was saying from game one to get rid of Cunny and now we know why.He was contagious with Cun(t)ingitis (ability to miss 100% chance every time players get one) and now players that spent to much time with him have same illnes.Can't score no matter what.damn Cunny ;)

Markham_RPB
08-23-2008, 09:32 PM
The russian gangsters? ye that was jokes

Yep !

The russian gangstar's are too funny.

Crouchie's face when he the girls in the robe walk in !

PRICELESS

etro
08-24-2008, 12:54 AM
what a loser couldnt control the ball must have to went cunningham's school of finishing.

holy shit look at this one-game in depth analysis! give me a break

jmorgs88
08-24-2008, 01:16 AM
i really hope everyone doesn't just jump all over ricketts for missing a chance or two today, he engineered our first goal and overall had a pretty good game today IMO. sure he didnt put away that one sitter, if any player would go out next game and want to make it up to his fans it is Rohan Ricketts!

Whoop
08-24-2008, 01:20 AM
I would be more prepared to give Ricketts the MOM than Robinson today.

Shakes McQueen
08-24-2008, 01:20 AM
i really hope everyone doesn't just jump all over ricketts for missing a chance or two today, he engineered our first goal and overall had a pretty good game today IMO. sure he didnt put away that one sitter, if any player would go out next game and want to make it up to his fans it is Rohan Ricketts!

Exactly. I will label anyone who turns on Ricketts for ONE match where he missed a couple of opportunities, an idiot.

The guy single handedly engineered our goal, with a ton of hustle, and a great pass to Barrett in the box.

Nobody runs their ass off more every game than Rohan Ricketts. Easily my favourite player on the pitch, aside from Dichio. Maybe even on par with Dichio.

- Scott

flatpicker
08-24-2008, 01:29 AM

I think Ricketts needs help with his wardrobe!

As I was walking up Strachan Rd. after the game I saw him getting into a cab.

He was wearing his TFC jersey.

Now, I understand fans wearing their jerseys... but one would think a player would get into some street clothes the game.

It was kinda funny because when I was walking by him I yelled "Ricketts!!" with my arms up in celebration...
Then he turns to me and says "yu allright?"... now, I had a bit of the smokey-smoke post game, so at the time all I could come up with was... "looking forward to your next show!"
Am I such a stoner that I couldn't come up with one constructive comment about the game?
The best I could do was comment on "Rolling with Rickets"!
doh!

I_AM_CANADIAN
08-24-2008, 10:42 PM
He also engineered the goal we DID get. Comparing him to Cunningham after one unfortunate outing is just being unfair.

- Scott
But it is typical RPB forum talk... ;)

shwade
08-24-2008, 10:52 PM

Tis what I was thinking,
Big Bruva let him know!

Carver's would be one to watch.

Carts
08-24-2008, 11:01 PM
I sent BigBruva an idea... Instead of "On the Spot w/Michelle" it should be "Whats Poppin? w/Rohan Ricketts"...

He could either do the quick one-timer questions with TFC players, coaches, fans, officials - or roam the streets and ask the quickie questions to fans, non-fans, randoms, cops, politicians...

The gimmick behind it, is that it's a "pop quiz" with the questions - that ties in his favourite greeting of "what's poppin?"....

I think he'd come up with great questions for teammates, great questions for fans & randoms, and just get himself into great situations that would make for excellent, and extertaining TV...

On certain weeks when he has a feature to do, like the time he brought the MLS TV crew around during the All-Star Week, he'd still do the "Rollin with Rickets", but every other week he could have a "What's Poppin?" segment...

It'd keep both segments fresh... Not every week is there an idea or story big enough for "Rollin with Rickets", so the other weeks he does a "What's Poppin?" for some light and funny entertainment...

Carts...

NateDoGG
08-25-2008, 01:06 AM
he should go down to shoeless joes and interview some fans

brad
08-25-2008, 08:24 AM
But it is typical RPB forum talk... ;)

And completely off point as it is most criticism is here.. Cunny was supposed to be a goal scorer, Ricketts is not. He played up front due to a lack of personnel.

Just because a player has skill in one area (or areas) of the pitch doesn't mean they can play anywhere - a point that a lot of people around here seem to miss out on.

Ricketts doesn't appear to have the composure to be a goal scorer. He belongs out wide providing service.

Eastend
08-25-2008, 08:31 AM
He should come and hang with Durham RPB FC for a mtach and give pointers....

Big Bruva
08-25-2008, 09:47 PM
Tis what I was thinking,
Big Bruva let him know!

Ill let him know but to be honest he has not really spoken to anyone since the match so trust me he knows he should of burried it, no excuses.

lol it does make me laugh sometimes when i read some comments on here though coz it just kinda confirms that certain people have no clue about the game at all but are more of what i call TFC hype supporters.

Ro is a creater as most who watch the matches will know and lucky he created the goal on aturday for TFC to get something out the game even though he has scored one or two he is not a scorer but he still has to finish that chance lol

I got to the match and saw Ro playing up top and was in shock lol

Big Bruva
08-25-2008, 09:49 PM
Tis what I was thinking,
Big Bruva let him know!

Ill suggest it and i think he would love doing this.

If he got Carver it would be crazy with a lot of swearing, JC is a bit of a nuter so i wouldn't try and get him to be honest lol

I wanna be part of this if it goes ahead.

Big Bruva
08-25-2008, 09:50 PM
And completely off point as it is most criticism is here.. Cunny was supposed to be a goal scorer, Ricketts is not. He played up front due to a lack of personnel.

Just because a player has skill in one area (or areas) of the pitch doesn't mean they can play anywhere - a point that a lot of people around here seem to miss out on.

Ricketts doesn't appear to have the composure to be a goal scorer. He belongs out wide providing service.

You obviously know what your talking about!

Big Bruva
08-25-2008, 09:51 PM
he should go down to shoeless joes and interview some fans

Could be a possibility

Nuvinho
08-25-2008, 09:56 PM
They need to have an ad campaign for TFC using RR and the "have you seen my ball?" promo.

For next season, on bus shelters, TTC streetcars.......big signs......."Have you seen my ball?"

RR is the face of TFC going forward!!

JDG
08-25-2008, 09:56 PM
Ill let him know but to be honest he has not really spoken to anyone since the match so trust me he knows he should of burried it, no excuses.

lol it does make me laugh sometimes when i read some comments on here though coz it just kinda confirms that certain people have no clue about the game at all but are more of what i call TFC hype supporters.

Ro is a creater as most who watch the matches will know and lucky he created the goal on aturday for TFC to get something out the game even though he has scored one or two he is not a scorer but he still has to finish that chance lol

I got to the match and saw Ro playing up top and was in shock lol

He shouldn't let that bring him down. He played a fantastic game. So many chances created! He pours so much heart out on the pitch it's just not right that he beat himself up over one missed opportunity.

Ratven
08-25-2008, 10:40 PM
I agree with the "have you seen my ball?" comments, that's an ad campaign if I've ever seen one!