PDA

View Full Version : TFC game at BMO vs J League game

bhoybobby
08-23-2008, 08:18 AM
Just finished watching the Tokyo derby game live in Tokyo National Stadium.

Initial thoughts comparing to TFC/BMO/MLS experience.

The crowd was amazing, both sets of fans sang their balls off for the entire game, supporters sections behindeach goal, well co^ordinated, sang all in English, copying English chants frim thr 70s.

The field was nat grass,the ref was good,the std of play is fast & technical,everyone is good on the ball. The ball was played on the deck, 2-1 Tokyo Verde over Tokyo FC. A bit better than mls.

$6:00 a beer, good service, good food,no security,everyone was polite. I sang the Dichio song at the approp time.

Had my TFC back pack,everyone was curious. Easy to get in & out.

18,000 3/4 fullon an ugly wet night. Greatloudatmospeher in an open bowl stadium, umbrellas allowed, bevvies from outside allowed.

Whats not to like??

FluSH
08-23-2008, 08:37 AM
bevvies from outside allowed?

That says it right there!!!

pekduck
08-23-2008, 08:40 AM
i want to go watch a J-League game too!!!

ginkster88
08-23-2008, 08:49 AM
Whats not to like??

Obviously this blue part here is the land.

Redcoe15
08-23-2008, 10:37 AM
I sang the Dichio song at the approp time.
Were you with other TFC faithful at the match? I would think everyone would look at you, going What The Fuck??!
:canada:

London
08-23-2008, 10:50 AM
it all sounds good except the umbrellas allowed

BC101
08-23-2008, 10:58 AM
Should've went to Gamba Osaka vs Urawa... For the more complete experience...Thats all. Thought FC Tokyo is okay too i guess...

I particularly like their Song from Lupin 3rd.

Course the quality was a bit better than MLS... Thats why Gamba Thumped Houston earlier this year 6-1..... I'd love if TFC played a J league team in a friendly at BMO but alas i know it won't happen cos theres like 6 people who would know the team.

Now we wait for Dub Idiotic to come in here and tell me why i should not criticize the MLS or TFC or compare them with United or Gamba Osaka two teams i supported before TFC was a dream in MLSE's eye. Anyways J league is more organized and superior to the MLS... And its not that old... Its the model MLS should take after.

GeorgeB
08-23-2008, 12:00 PM
i think Bobby is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TfVmZeDE4c

v00d00daddy
08-23-2008, 12:04 PM
Obviously this blue part here is the land.

is that an arrested development quote i've found?

ginkster88
08-23-2008, 02:58 PM
^^

It most certainly is!

Keegan
08-24-2008, 12:29 AM
Should've went to Gamba Osaka vs Urawa... For the more complete experience...Thats all. Thought FC Tokyo is okay too i guess...

I particularly like their Song from Lupin 3rd.

Course the quality was a bit better than MLS... Thats why Gamba Thumped Houston earlier this year 6-1..... I'd love if TFC played a J league team in a friendly at BMO but alas i know it won't happen cos theres like 6 people who would know the team.

Now we wait for Dub Idiotic to come in here and tell me why i should not criticize the MLS or TFC or compare them with United or Gamba Osaka two teams i supported before TFC was a dream in MLSE's eye. Anyways J league is more organized and superior to the MLS... And its not that old... Its the model MLS should take after.

A pre-season game between Houston and Gamba does not compare the leagues. I think the leagues are too close to call. I mean Houston "thumped" Sydney FC 3-0 and Australian teams have beaten J-League teams in Asian champs league or whatever so would that mean MLS is better than both leagues? Of course not.

MLS is only getting better and in a couple years will be better no doubt.

BC101
08-24-2008, 12:39 AM
Who are the reigning Asian Champions league champions though certainly isn't Sydney FC... Its my mortal enemy but yeah their from the J league. But anyways Jleague is superior to that Aussie league for sure.

As you know Champions league is hardly a good thing to use anyone can beat anyone on some given day. Try watching both leagues and tell me which is worse.

bhoybobby
08-24-2008, 10:59 AM
i think Bobby is

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5TfVmZeDE4c

George:

Check out my band on facebook ( 2 1/2 Chords )

When I nineteen, the Vapours turnoing Japanese was # 1. Good wee tune.

Tokyo rocks.

bhoybobby
08-24-2008, 11:03 AM
Were you with other TFC faithful at the match? I would think everyone would look at you, going What The Fuck??!
:canada:

just me & my fellow tfc sason tix holder, my son, Stefan.

We both love TFC & the BMO experience, but the Japs are way ahead of us in atmosphere.

The fact that there was a 70% - 30% split in home v visitors added to the experience.

That been said, it was BMO x 5, back & forth, co-ordinated mayhem. Fabulous stuff for a footie fan,

Hopefully we catch up.

bhoybobby
08-26-2008, 05:22 AM
i want to go watch a J-League game too!!!

Oh yeah forgot to mention, great seats $16:00, the airfare's a bit steep though.lol

BakaGaijin
08-26-2008, 07:21 AM
A pre-season game between Houston and Gamba does not compare the leagues. I think the leagues are too close to call. I mean Houston "thumped" Sydney FC 3-0 and Australian teams have beaten J-League teams in Asian champs league or whatever so would that mean MLS is better than both leagues? Of course not.

MLS is only getting better and in a couple years will be better no doubt.

Well............Urawa Reds lost 1-0 to AC Milan in the last FIFA Club World Cup, and did very, very well. Did you watch that game?

MLS is getting better, however, J-league is superior.

SLBuu
08-26-2008, 07:24 AM
Well............Urawa Reds lost 1-0 to AC Milan in the last FIFA Club World Cup, and did very, very well. Did you watch that game?

MLS is getting better, however, J-league is superior.

I have to agree......

the J-League is a lot better than most people think.

BakaGaijin
08-26-2008, 07:25 AM
just me & my fellow tfc sason tix holder, my son, Stefan.

We both love TFC & the BMO experience, but the Japs are way ahead of us in atmosphere.

The fact that there was a 70% - 30% split in home v visitors added to the experience.

That been said, it was BMO x 5, back & forth, co-ordinated mayhem. Fabulous stuff for a footie fan,

Hopefully we catch up.

You do know that WWII is over and derogatory slurs are no longer required, don't you?

Fort York Redcoat
08-26-2008, 07:38 AM
Australia, Japan. Other young leagues really making a mark on the world. I think it would be great to see MLS pit themselves against leagues that have a similar history and talent level.

Sidenote-I think every nation should take it upon themselves to make it known what they would like their nickname to be ( for their friends of course ).

Fort Yord Red-Canuck

bhoybobby
08-26-2008, 10:54 AM
You do know that WWII is over and derogatory slurs are no longer required, don't you?

Scots, Brits, Yanks, Swiss, Japs. No slur intended, they're fine folk

rockxlee
08-26-2008, 11:26 AM
I don't think he meant anything bad by using the term "Jap". He just wanted to abbreviate Japanese. He could have used another word but I seriously doubt he had bad intentions.

Beach_Red
08-26-2008, 11:34 AM

Wow, the Japanese more co-ordinated than Torontonians? Who'd've figured...;)

A recent article described CONCACAF as two world-class leagues - Mexico and Costa Rica, and one emerging - MLS.

We're headed in the right direction, we'll catch up.

james
08-26-2008, 07:33 PM
The one team i would love to go see one day is Urawa Reds. They are easily among the top atmosphere in the world, not even kidding. On TV it looks crazy to be in that crowd.

As for the whole league it can really depend on the club. Some clubs are small with like 12,000 fans a game while a team like Urawa Reds get 60,000. But i think most teams have pretty big supporter groups even if they are a small club, majority of the fans are supporters and are well organized...much more then us, but we are younger then these clubs.

As for skill of players i dont know to much about most teams. But there is no salaray cap, and ive herd Urawa Reds who are among the top club pay a shit load more money then MLS clubs do on players.

And letting there fans bring in there own bevrages.......WICKED! I WISH WE COULD DO THAT!

james
08-26-2008, 07:41 PM
Australia, Japan. Other young leagues really making a mark on the world. I think it would be great to see MLS pit themselves against leagues that have a similar history and talent level.

Sidenote-I think every nation should take it upon themselves to make it known what they would like their nickname to be ( for their friends of course ).

Fort Yord Red-Canuck

i saw an article back in the winter that said the top five leagues that are exspected to inprove the most in the near future as far as money, fans and skill of players are the Russian League, MLS, Mexico, Japan and i think the last one was Australia.

Smenge
08-26-2008, 07:46 PM
based on the logic here, Nippon, and not Japan, is filled with NIPS, and not JAPS.....sorry, but this is derogatory shit.....not a short form.....perhaps for English, we could return to the word LIMEY, and for Scots, we could simply use the term: ladyboy....i don't like any of it...sorry.

David
08-27-2008, 09:41 PM
....i don't like any of it...sorry.

...apology accepted?