PDA

View Full Version : Closest bar to Union station?

Lennon
08-23-2008, 06:41 AM
I'm arriving to Toronto at 7:47 from Syracuse and would like to catch the 2nd half of the game ... whats the closest bar to Union station that will be showing the game ?

sulfur
08-23-2008, 07:21 AM
There's the Commuters' Lounge inside Union. They're stupid expensive though.

If you leave the station, take a left outside and head west. Right across University/York Street, there's a Casey's. Opposite that across Front is a Jack Astor's, and just a bit further down the road are a plethora of others including the Loose Moose, East Side Mario's, and more.

canadian_bhoy
08-23-2008, 07:25 AM
There's the Commuters' Lounge inside Union. They're stupid expensive though.

If you leave the station, take a left outside and head west. Right across University/York Street, there's a Casey's. Opposite that across Front is a Jack Astor's, and just a bit further down the road are a plethora of others including the Loose Moose, East Side Mario's, and more.

Downstairs at Union Station there's a sports bar - It's right by the LCBO and Pizza Place. It's pretty small and crappy - but it's the closest. I'd reccoment taking the extra 5 mins and going to Jack's or Loose Moose

King Jeff
08-23-2008, 08:06 AM
The Loose Moose, which is a half-block west (closer to the CN Tower) of Union Station on the north side of Front, shows the TFC games on the big screen.

jrobs11
08-23-2008, 08:10 AM
^^ and they have a pretty sweet tv setup too

alexintoronto
08-23-2008, 09:16 AM
and if your gf dances on the bar and gives them her bra you get a free drink at Loose Moose.

uncle p
08-23-2008, 11:04 AM
There's a cool pub about a 5 minute walk from Union called Scotland Yard. Its on the Esplanade. Not sure if they'll be showing the game but i have seen football games on the TV's before. I cant explain how to get there but i can say walking through the GO bus terminal is the fastest. There is a map if you click the link and look under "location"....Its also a good place for a game of darts

http://www.scotlandyard.ca/Location.htm

canadian_bhoy
08-23-2008, 02:36 PM
There's a cool pub about a 5 minute walk from Union called Scotland Yard. Its on the Esplanade. Not sure if they'll be showing the game but i have seen football games on the TV's before. I cant explain how to get there but i can say walking through the GO bus terminal is the fastest. There is a map if you click the link and look under "location"....Its also a good place for a game of darts

http://www.scotlandyard.ca/Location.htm

I remember being a kid and Scotland Yard was called the Organ Grinder. I was so amazing when I was a kid. The guy playing the organ cranked the organ that made bubbles come out (hahahaha that sounds rediculous!)

They also had video games in the back - I remember the star wars one (where you were flying and had to blow up the death star).

Awesome!